web analytics

Loan Lad Gets Decisive Goal In EFL Trophy

Liam Gibson got another start for Grimsby Town at left-back this evening. The Mariners faced Leicester City’s Under-21 side. Liam made it to the 74th minute before being substituted for Swede Sebastian Ring. However, Grimsby gave up a 90th-minute goal to lose 1-2 at Blundell Park. That makes it 3 losses in three games for Grimsby in the group stage of the competition.

Kelland Watts got his seventh straight start in all competitions for Stevenage tonight. Stevenage faced Fulham’s Under-21 side at Broadhall Way. The match ended in a 1-1 draw and went straight to penalties. It was our lad from Alnwick who got the decisive penalty to give Stevenage the win. Way to go Kelland!

• Genjikai

Oct 29, 2019 at 10:54 PM

Geet up kell lad.
    Howare the lad.
    Hes one of our own.

• Nufc-83

Oct 29, 2019 at 11:36 PM

Wow that sissokho looks like he has bags of natural ability although granted it’s using the Dennis wise scouting technique.

Oct 30, 2019 at 12:00 AM

One day the pc brigade will have all football teams play 2 wimmin in the team .

Not !

Carltoon if you were a player what position would you play at ? Iv got you down as a tough Norman Hunter full back type . Carltoon bites yer legs !

No jokes Jib.

Oct 30, 2019 at 12:27 AM

Genjikià

There’s a massive advertising hoarding outside the Gallowgate .

A huge statement could be made on it for the world to see . It’s right on Strawberry place .

How about this ….

The Mansours wanted to buy Newcastle United ..Ashley said No .

BZG wanted to buy Newcastle ..money was on the table ..Ashley said No .

Ashley uses us as a giant advertising hoarding while keeping Newcastle United at the bottom season on season .

The ground is now like a morgue on a match day with all the tourist and free tickets his austerity policy of running us has generated .

Ashley you own us for all the wrong reasons.

Greed being the main reason.

Please set us free.

Genji .. start a fund and use that hoarding. I’ll stick a few quid in.

What think ?

I’m sure someone, or the Magpie group collectively, can put up a statement more to the point than mine, off the top of me head, that will hit home.

Tsunki ?

Lesh
    Wor Bill ?

Oct 30, 2019 at 12:29 AM

Jib?

Oct 30, 2019 at 12:30 AM

Jail ?

Oct 30, 2019 at 12:31 AM

Carltoon ?

• NY Mag

Oct 30, 2019 at 12:37 AM

OLG,

Is that advertising hoarding still there? Obviously, I haven’t personally been there for quite some time – but I assume it was taken down last month when the land was sold?

Oct 30, 2019 at 12:58 AM

NY

You know I drive around there..even last week was at StJames but never look up ..maybe concentrating on the traffic . Still there’s plenty Billboards around town to get a
    Message across .

What think NY?

• NY Mag

Oct 30, 2019 at 1:03 AM

I don’t know mate…as I said, been a long time since I’ve been there.
    I’m relying on you (and others) with their fingers on the pulse.

I don’t disagree with the principle of what you said. Just the specifics.
    (If the hoarding on strawberry pace still exists,then its likely owned by Ashley, and that would be the ultimate irony – paying him to discredit him)

Oct 30, 2019 at 1:13 AM

Yes I had the thought that Ash might own the billboard ! Ironic if it were the case and Magpie group approached the owners.. anyway each board usually has a note at the footing saying .. To advertise here call 01234 etc .. and there is a chance that any owner of such like is not allowed to facilitate political statements .

Magpie Group could advertise Newcaste United for sale mind !

Something like this

Football Club for sale

One careless owner

Amazing loyal fan base

Full MOT-D coverage (match of the day)

In need of some TLC .

• NY Mag

Oct 30, 2019 at 1:21 AM

OLG,

As I said, just a word of caution…..I don’t know any facts.
    But, it’s a blog and opinions are all that counts, am sure the magpie group know far more than me.

Oct 30, 2019 at 1:21 AM

Has the world ended ?

Am I the only one left ?

Oct 30, 2019 at 1:26 AM

Yes N.Y.

Nothing libellous on the Billboard

Mind you could state the fact that Ashlie tells lies and admitted it ..(public domain)

Also stick a picture up of his V sign .

You know N.Y. you would think Ashley could do without Newcastle United in his life and just go grab some sun on his yacht down in Monaco .. why the he’ll does he own us .

Have you ever had the displeasure of his company ?

• RobLeenio

Oct 30, 2019 at 1:31 AM

The hoarding is still there – I walk past it most days.

Not sure if the club have some say on what is displayed, however. It would make sense that they do.

• NY Mag

Oct 30, 2019 at 1:40 AM

I have not had the displeasure of his company – and I doubt I ever will (we don’t move in the same circles, mainly because of industry, but also because of money – or lack of it in my case)

I’ve no idea why he keeps us……other than the myth that he wants to…

Oct 30, 2019 at 1:41 AM

Yes Rob ..ill check out the owners later today .

Anyway just a thought . Hope yer well mate .

Oct 30, 2019 at 1:45 AM

Off to lock up and Kip

Thanks for the confab .

G’night.

• NY Mag

Oct 30, 2019 at 1:47 AM

Rob,

I asked that question, because the ‘company’ that owned the land derived the majority of its income from advertising. As of 30th September 2019 the land changed hands (now that doesn’t mean that they can’t still derive income from advertising)….I’ts just, I assumed they had bigger plans, and therefore the hoardings would be taken down.

That’s why people ‘on the ground’ is vitally important.

• NY Mag

Oct 30, 2019 at 2:01 AM

Goodnight OLG, take care….

• lesh

Oct 30, 2019 at 2:09 AM

Online Guy

You’re thinking outside the box. I can’t see the owners of the billboard taking issue with simple but seemingly uncontroversial ad on the Strawberry Place hoarding.

50,000 Newcastle United fans are seeking an owner that’ll provide inspiration, attention and a desire to win. Apply within.

• Genjikai

Oct 30, 2019 at 3:24 AM

Olg
    We had the same thinking on outside om strawberry land.
    Are you sure your not in the group already ha?

If you want to donate,
    The magpie group paypal is

If we get more funding we can put on bigger and better displays.
    You all seen that i am game.

• Genjikai

Oct 30, 2019 at 3:25 AM

The advertising boards are the clubs they have control.
    But the spaces in between the boards…..

• Genjikai

Oct 30, 2019 at 3:26 AM

Just banner over the billboards anyway. Its time to start showing this is our city our club.

• Genjikai

Oct 30, 2019 at 3:28 AM

Lesh
    Magpie group tried it last year.
    It got taken down before game on sky.

To do the whole city, metro lines and papers it would cost 6k for 6 months i think.
    I would have to look over the numbers again.
    Imagine if we got 6k donations to do that.
    The whole city ashleyout campaign.
    Would be beautiful to see.

• davo

Oct 30, 2019 at 3:47 AM

Hey Genj, my “Ashley Out” mug arrived at my place (Australia) the other day, it’s a beauty.thanks for the link.

• Genjikai

Oct 30, 2019 at 4:21 AM

Yes davo lad.
    Buzzing mate.
    Ive bought 4 tops up to now. All class quality.
    Ive not seen a mug yet. Going to get a couple ordered next month.
    My lass will go off it when she sees my statement. I dont care.

• Genjikai

Oct 30, 2019 at 4:27 AM

Davo you on twitter?
    There is an aus magpie group.

If you are on twitter give them a shout.

• Genjikai

Oct 30, 2019 at 4:36 AM

Davo
    Id like to say thank you for contributing.
    Every bit of funding we receive whether through donations or sales goes towards the fight against ashley.

Oct 30, 2019 at 5:06 AM

Genjikia

I am signed up but was sort of incognito that evening.. someone handed me a clipboard .. I was near Lee Ryder ..he was filming you guys on his phone ..I signed for you with my hotel name ! Might have been you with clipboard ? I was in shades and sneaky hat . I then retreated to my Landy .

Oct 30, 2019 at 5:10 AM

Genji

Booby Robson statue , warm summer eve. Was there .

Oct 30, 2019 at 5:11 AM

Bobby …Sir Bobby !

• davo

Oct 30, 2019 at 5:34 AM

No worries Genjikai. I’ll look into the Twitter thing you mentioned, though I’m a complete technophobe, hence the lack of gravitational.
    Also, I seen you with your banner at the match, you’re getting your message worldwide.
    Great stuff.
    Ashley Out

• davo

Oct 30, 2019 at 5:36 AM

Gravatar even

• Lindisfarne

Oct 30, 2019 at 6:55 AM

If everyone who goes to the stadium followed Genjikias example, there would be no need to purchase a smaller billboard outside.

• Jib

Oct 30, 2019 at 7:01 AM

Dubravka
    Yedlin Schar Lascelles Clark Willems
    Hayden Shelvey
    Almiron Joelinton St Maximin

For West Ham

• Jib

Oct 30, 2019 at 7:05 AM

If you read the comments on this:-

It’s clear that outside of the fishbowl that is Newcastle
    other fans , in the main , don’t “get” it.

• Jail for Ashley

Oct 30, 2019 at 7:17 AM

What happened to Krafth for away games Jibbers, more evidence of you talking bollorx pretending you know what you’re talking about?

• Bills Son Is Back

Oct 30, 2019 at 7:24 AM

OLG – The Mansours wanted to buy Newcastle United ..Ashley said No .

BZG wanted to buy Newcastle ..money was on the table ..Ashley said No.

Both statements false.