web analytics

How Will Newcastle Do At West Ham On Saturday?

Newcastle enter the fourth month of the season as they have completed their initial 10 matches. It was said to be a tough start to the season; however, Newcastle played very well against the top teams. It was the teams around us in the table that were the issue.

This Saturday is another match against a club not in the distinguished top-six category. West Ham are tenth in the league, which is where they finished last season.

West Ham is going through a bit of a rough patch over the past month, amassing only 2 points from their last 4 league games. None of those games have been against one of the proverbial top-six teams.

In fact, West Ham have only played Manchester City away and Manchester United at home from the top six. So the road for them up to this point has been a lot gentler than it has for Newcastle.

Though as we mentioned, it’s not facing the top six that has led to our poor start. Newcastle’s two wins are against Manchester United and Tottenham. It’s the other teams we are failing to beat that have us in 17th position.

Isaac Hayden– available for selection after serving ban

Newcastle have Isaac Hayden back from his three-match ban but will be without Sean Longstaff as he starts his ban. As far as injuries go, it’s a little bit uncertain at this point.

We don’t know if Matt Ritchie or Andy Carroll will be available for selection yet. However, it does look like center-backs Florian Lejeune and Fabian Schar will be out for this Saturday.

It is also going to be interesting to see what the team is. With Isaac Hayden returning, we would assume he will get the nod. There have also been recent murmurings that both Dwight Gayle and Jonjo Shelvey could be in line for starts at the weekend.

Whatever the team is that Steve Bruce ends up selecting, we need to see a performance and would like to see more than one goal scored. We’ve only scored 6 this season, which is just one better than last place Watford. West Ham have doubled our total with 12.

We expect to see another close game as our defense has kept us in games since the Leicester City travesty. It’s likely going to be up to our attackers whether we can get all three points on Saturday.

How Will Newcastle Do At West Ham On Saturday?

• Lose (44%, 511 )
  • Win (33%, 378 )
  • Draw (23%, 267 )

Total Voters: 1,156

Loading ... Loading ...

• ChicoUSA

Oct 31, 2019 at 11:46 AM

NYMag is a good bloke and I am sure will say what it is about the accounts (or comments from folks about the accounts) that are not 100% accurate.

One thing I’m willing to bet is that any summary of accounts that the public has access to, will appear to be beyond reproach. As lesh implies @5 on the previous article, the devil is in the details, and nobody has published any detail accounts as far as I have heard.

• dougie

Oct 31, 2019 at 11:57 AM

The hammers will probably hammer us on Saturday because they have a Premier League squad and we have a Championship squad with the second worst manager in Premier League history in the dugout.On a lighter note Corbyn has just been getting stuck in to the parasite saying he is running Newcastle United in to the ground.Im not normally a fan but go on Jezza!

• Essex Geordie Bill

Oct 31, 2019 at 11:59 AM

WH are probably looking at the game as a nailed on three points.

Dunno if their’s blogs have a WDL poll but I’d bet the fans are heavily into the W %.

• ChicoUSA

Oct 31, 2019 at 12:05 PM

Jib,
    Well I watched England beat New Zealand this past weekend in the rugby World Cup. It all was very exciting and I was happy for England. But for the life of me I still can’t understand the game one iota! 😛

• SwissSte

Oct 31, 2019 at 12:11 PM

Corbyn has just mentioned going after Mike Ashley and his running of NUFC in his campaign launch. Bring it on!

• Jib

Oct 31, 2019 at 12:17 PM

Chico there are 10 times more rules in Rugby
    (they are called laws) than in footy

try this

• ChicoUSA

Oct 31, 2019 at 12:22 PM

Thanks for the link, Jib, much appreciated. But I’m too old, and follow too many sports already to add another. Life is short! 😀

• Jail for Ashley

Oct 31, 2019 at 12:23 PM

Football Jib, football.

• Jib

Oct 31, 2019 at 12:28 PM

Jail
    Football in the USA is NFL (Gridiron , same shaped ball as rugby)
    Chico is in the States
    I cannot bring myself to call it soccer
    It is also known as rugby football

don’t bother thanking me
    it gives me a good feeling assisting the mentally challenged

• Jib

Oct 31, 2019 at 12:30 PM

A hung parliament is nailed on

• Jail for Ashley

Oct 31, 2019 at 12:35 PM

Jib,
    We’re not in the States and ChicoUSA would have known exactly what you were talking about.

• Jail for Ashley

Oct 31, 2019 at 12:40 PM

ChicoUSA,
    That makes two of us, I wouldn’t even know the difference between league and union I’ve so little interest in it.

• Jail for Ashley

Oct 31, 2019 at 12:48 PM

ChicoUSA,
    Did you used to be a lower case guy.

• Oldgit1

Oct 31, 2019 at 12:48 PM

@ Jail Football Jib, football. oh the irony if only I knew how to put the lmao mojos this post would be full of them. Jail who knowledge of football is suspect. No I’m not wiping Jibs arse as that is your normal reply. I’m stating a fact you moron.

• martoon

Oct 31, 2019 at 12:50 PM

On topic – I think starting every week is proving too much for Matty – I think I’d put him on the bench and put Jonjo & Hayden in midfield. I’d like to give Gayle a start but I think Bruce will leave the rest of the team unchanged.

• Jib

Oct 31, 2019 at 12:54 PM

I think we are missing Ritchie’s input to the espritdecorps

• ChicoUSA

Oct 31, 2019 at 12:55 PM

Jail,
    Yep, used to be chicousa. But someone thought that stood for chic o usa , so I made it more clear that I was not a chic!

• Jail for Ashley

Oct 31, 2019 at 12:55 PM

Oldgit1,
    I think wiping Jib’s bum suits you.

• Jail for Ashley

Oct 31, 2019 at 1:01 PM

I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone get as hot under the collar as Oldgit1 when Jibbers is getting some back of what he dishes out.

• Jib

Oct 31, 2019 at 1:03 PM

He must be one of my alts

• Jib

Oct 31, 2019 at 1:06 PM

He’s a chico not a chica

• ChicoUSA

Oct 31, 2019 at 1:10 PM

I’ve not been on the blog very much lately. It’s comforting to know that Jail and Jib are still best of friends! 😉

• martoon

Oct 31, 2019 at 1:12 PM

Jib @16 – Yes I’d agree with that we definitely miss his on-field presence – if he is fit although it would be harsh on Willems I’d play him as soon as poss even if he doesn’t last the whole game.

• Oldgit1

Oct 31, 2019 at 1:15 PM

No jail, all I see with your comments is your desire to put the poster down. You think you know it all and don’t take on board other posters comments. How long have you been going on about Rafa who by the way ain’t doing great in China.

I don’t accuse Lesh Mr tuff and hibbit of licking your arse when they back you, but you are willing to, when I make a comment. In your words ‘ it’s not cricket’

• Lee Charnley Bunga Party

Oct 31, 2019 at 1:33 PM

Wonder if Richie could go back onto the wing when he is fit? His work rate and tenacity ahead of Willems could be a good combo

Now there is a bit more pace in the team Richie’s lack of pace might not get exposed as much as it used when Yedlin was the only outlet

• oldbyker

Oct 31, 2019 at 1:38 PM

Hi guys have not posted in a long time, totally gutted with the way results are going I think Liverpool have more points now 28 than we will get all season

• DubaiMicky