web analytics

Alan Shearer’s Team Of The Week Has Newcastle Presence

After a breakout performance this past weekend, former Newcastle captain Alan Shearer has put a few Magpies in his team of the week.

At left-wing, he has selected Allan Saint-Maximin for his dominating display at West Ham. He’s also selected his good friend Steve Bruce for finally bringing the Newcastle attack to life.

This is the team of the week as chosen by Alan Shearer.

It’s not surprising that Shearer has selected Saint-Maximin, who put on an explosive show against the Hammers on Saturday. His pace was too much for West Ham to handle and led to 34-year-old Pablo Zabaleta having to be pulled in the second half.

Scouted Football tweeted some of Allan’s stats from Saturday after the game. It shows you how much of a threat he was. The only thing he didn’t do was score.

Speaking for Man of the Match on Saturday evening, Shearer had this to say about the 22-year-old winger:

“Saint-Maximin, who I thought ran them ragged all afternoon. The same thing again, (ASM) flicks it over, Almiron pointing where he wants it again, they get the corner and also score from that one as well.

“The pace is staggering from Saint-Maximin. Ball in behind, counter-attack is superb, and if we’re being critical he (ASM) has to score, brilliant to get there, but that should be in the back of the net, that would have been game over.”

Despite missing some golden chances, Newcastle’s attack was much improved on Saturday. We hope that the massive increase in chances created becomes a trend going forward.

All credit to Steve Bruce and his staff for experimenting during training to formulate a plan that finally stirred the dormant Newcastle attack.

There was a lot said after the game by the players about how Steve Bruce instilled an attacking game plan in training last week.

It paid off big time at London Stadium, but now they must continue to work hard to replicate this performance at St James Park on Saturday.

• Jib

Nov 4, 2019 at 7:04 PM

Paully is a
    Trouble – making shit stirrer

• Paully

Nov 4, 2019 at 7:11 PM

Oh the irony.

• IrishRob

Nov 4, 2019 at 7:18 PM

Paully that was a great interview, I was completely on Fry’s side, I get a suspicion you’re trying to upset me about a beloved personality passing away, kinda shows your level is as low if not lower than mine. The only problem is I didnt know him personally so I couldn’t care less. We alm have our time to go, hopefully your’s is sooner than expected. I’d love that, so I would.

• Paully

Nov 4, 2019 at 7:24 PM

Not at all Rob I thought Byrne was a great interviewer.

Hoping i die soon is pretty low mind, even for you.

• IrishRob

Nov 4, 2019 at 7:28 PM

My religious views dont exist, I don’t believe in God or any of that nonsense. I have complete and utter disdain for the stupidity of it all.

All religions are ducked up and only ever created for money, power and or control and the vast majority of them end up causing wars and fighting, of which I’m also staunchly against.

I also feel they are a safety net for the stupid and dull of apprehension, in so much that I feel a lot of religious people only believe in Gods because they want to believe it, and that they are afraid of death.

Every time I’m at a funeral I’m reminded of the madness of it all, if you sit back and really listen to the words. A decade of the rosary, about a solid 30 minutes of repeating the same thing over and over(10 times) to a diety that doesn’t exist. “All glory and honour is yours almighty lord, forever and ever amen” MADNESS!!

• Jib

Nov 4, 2019 at 7:34 PM

I thought November 5 was Guy Fawkes
    For the last four nights it’s been like downtown
    Beirut in the 70’s round here

• Paully

Nov 4, 2019 at 7:34 PM

Good man.

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 4, 2019 at 7:40 PM

Don’t tell us Jib, you were there putting the first satellite dishes before getting involved with the PLO?

• IrishRob

Nov 4, 2019 at 7:40 PM

I miss Guy Fawkes night, we fony have that here. I lived in Wolverhampton for two years, complete shithole, but the people were some of the kindest most decent people I’ve ever had the pleasure of meeting. I dont remember even once anyone having a mean word to say to me.

The call if the black country for obvious reasons but if it were named after the people who lived there it would be completely different.

• Jib

Nov 4, 2019 at 7:53 PM

This is Jail
    Sport is a way of getting pissed up with his mates away from the wife
    and kids.
    Cricket – he went to watch the WC at Chester le Street not a clue
    Rugby – he’s been to Kingston Park to watch the Falcons not a clue
    Footy – his wife has sussed the SJP gig so he watches the toon away
    all together now – not a clue
    Just stay offshore all the time you saddo

• Rotonda heights

Nov 4, 2019 at 7:55 PM

”We all have our time to go, hopefully your’s is sooner than expected. I’d love that, so I would”

Wow that’s one sick puppy to wish something like that on someone on the blog. Hope Neil and the wife sort this creep out. Not even Jib would go that low.

• Paully

Nov 4, 2019 at 8:00 PM

Water off a ducks back to me Rotunda.

• Paully

Nov 4, 2019 at 8:00 PM

*Rotonda

• jane

Nov 4, 2019 at 8:00 PM

• Paully

Nov 4, 2019 at 8:04 PM

Bournemouth on Saturday is going to be the real test as to where we are.

We were much improved against the Hammers but I think we can all admit they were poor as were Man U.

Out and out striker an absolute must in January, get one of them and we should be fine.

• Munster Mag

Nov 4, 2019 at 8:07 PM

RiP gaybo, legend.

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 4, 2019 at 8:07 PM

Jibbley,
    You forgot to add State of origin at Homebush in 2000 where we spent the match shouting “Go Plugger” to wind the Aussies up and England Samoa in Melbourne 2003. You’re wrong about the cricket though, I’m fairly in to it so I’m pretty clued up with what’s happening. You’re dead right about the rugger though, not a Danny La Rue, I think it’s shit and have no interest in the game at all.

• MagpieRanger

Nov 4, 2019 at 8:07 PM

To be fair Richard Keys does work in the Middle East so there may be some substance to his whispers. Chances are it’s probably just the Longstaffs getting new contracts and not any takeover that we so desperately crave!

• MagpieRanger

Nov 4, 2019 at 8:08 PM

Plus Keys is an absolute w*nker and could just be trolling us, he hates Newcastle.

• Munster Mag

Nov 4, 2019 at 8:08 PM

Jail you weasel, you cant write 5 lines without reference to Rafa. I thought he was subject to criticism. Just like fergie. Your man crush has killed whatever personality was there in the past. SAP.

• Paully

Nov 4, 2019 at 8:10 PM

I’m with you on the rugby Jail, watched the final Saturday out of patriotic duty and once again came to the conclusion that it’s absolutely shit.

• Paully

Nov 4, 2019 at 8:12 PM

Munster is obsessed with Jail like, I reckon it’s like when we were kids and some lad was always rotten to a lass but it was to hide the fact that he fancied her…. Brokeback mountain stylee.

• Nicky the ball tosser

Nov 4, 2019 at 8:13 PM

We have Joelinton, Carroll, Muto and Gayle so we can safely say we won’t be getting a striker until 2 or even 3 are offloaded. We also clearly have one too many right backs.

We have brought in Carroll and Joelinton and they will lead our line this season.

The squad looks light a striker/winger who can find the back of the net, but we’ll need to off load at least one player to get one.

However, knowing Ashley, were we to get one or two out, to get one in, there is little guarantee it’d be in the position of most need.

• Munster Mag

Nov 4, 2019 at 8:14 PM

Billson, you’re correct. I called them Les Miserables. I promise you, if/when SB ballses up, you will be called his biggest fan. Apparently I hated a man I drove 200 miles to see. You are dealing with dimwitted fools in OP, and Hibbitt. Rotunda gives me dogs abuse but he is rational. Tuff is just silly . Lesh I personally dont have a row with. Jail isnt stupid, but he is obsessed. Nowt so queer as folk.

• #BoycottAshley ( OP)

Nov 4, 2019 at 8:15 PM

Paully @64

I just spat tea on my phone

🙂

• MagpieRanger

Nov 4, 2019 at 8:15 PM

Stoke City really not doing well, just shows how easy it is struggle once relegated from the big boys leauge.

• Munster Mag

Nov 4, 2019 at 8:15 PM

Paully, so you watched the rugby to conform with the masses. That says a lot.

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 4, 2019 at 8:17 PM

Paully,
    I watched it because the alternative was going down to an engine room by myself as opposed to sitting in the lounge watching that shite in the warm with a cup o tea.

• Munster Mag

Nov 4, 2019 at 8:18 PM

Billson, OP doesnt have an original thought in his head. Literally, there is nothing going on.

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 4, 2019 at 8:19 PM

Munster, fess up, do you fancy me? Nothing to be ashamed of, just to let you know I’m not interested!

• Munster Mag

Nov 4, 2019 at 8:19 PM

Im sure you spend plenty of time on your own in the engine room Jail. Lmao.

• Paully

Nov 4, 2019 at 8:20 PM

No Munster i don’t feel the need to conform to anybody, I have friends that play and support, I watched hoping for a win because it would have made them happy, I enjoyed the try but apart from that it was nowt but a kicking contest.

• Munster Mag

Nov 4, 2019 at 8:20 PM

Gotta go, enjoy the shouting plebs.

• Munster Mag

Nov 4, 2019 at 8:22 PM

It was a poor game paully to be fair. I grew up on that type of rugby so I dont notice it. Munster is steeped in it. Anyway gotta go.

• #BoycottAshley ( OP)

Nov 4, 2019 at 8:25 PM

Munster

Behave yourself.

Everything you write on here is re hashed from others posts, even your son has more sense than to listen to you.

You contradict yourself more than the government, if you watched the match this weekend you’re comments on the players was laughable.

You’re a wum, end of, you couldn’t lie straight in bed.

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 4, 2019 at 8:33 PM

Munster,
    Not an original thought??? You’re calling me a weasel all the time because Jib did, a man who told us he was taking a break for a week after he’d been told he was going on the naughty step. That’s pretty weasel-ish, a man who got a life time ban and denies it was him, a man who had a go at you for priest abusing kids, apologised then denied it, yet your following his lead and calling me a weasel, then have the nerve to say someone else hasn’t got any original thoughts, give over.

• toon22

Nov 4, 2019 at 8:52 PM

Munster pretty much toes the PR line

Hated Rafa
    Loves the traitor
    Thinks we all need to be positive

• IrishRob

Nov 4, 2019 at 9:10 PM

Hey Rotunda you cant ban someone for having an opinion. Despite the obvious typos I choose my words and when I say them very carefully. I PROMISE you I’ll never be banned. In fact bring it on.