web analytics

Club President Claims No Newcastle Offer For Teenage Midfielder

Last week it was reported that Newcastle were close to sealing a January move for Queens Park 16-year-old Reagan Thomson.

The original report said that Newcastle were close to agreeing on a compensation deal for the youngster who just turned 16 in August. The midfielder has made 8 appearances for the Scottish League Two club but only one of those as a starter in the league.

He has also recently made appearances for Scotland’s Under-17s, where Newcastle were said to have recently sent scouts to watch the lad.

However, Queens Park have come out and made statements contrary to the recent reporting that Newcastle are in talks for Thomson.

Queens Park president Gerry Crawley confirmed on Sunday that while there is interest in the 16-year-old midfielder, no official offers have been made for the Scottish youngster.

“We know that Reagan is being watched by a lot of teams, some of those in England.

“We are aware of the speculation, but to date no offers have been made for his services.”

Newcastle have been linked with a few teenagers over the past number of months. Rochdale’s 17-year-old right-back Luke Matheson and Heart’s 17-year-old left-back Aaron Hickey are a couple along with Thomson that Newcastle have reportedly sent scouts to watch.

We hope that Newcastle will bring in one or two to bolster the Academy with some promising talent. Reagan Thomson seems to be one that Newcastle could get to Tyneside for a reasonable fee.

• lesh

Nov 4, 2019 at 1:47 PM

Whilst Ashley seems keen to stock up on young talent, he seems to have lost sight of the needs of the first team.

Invest in the long-term future by all means, but not at the expense of the present.

• Jib

Nov 4, 2019 at 1:52 PM

If Bruce asked Shearer he’d do it nae botha
    Nowt to do with Ashley

• RobLeenio

Nov 4, 2019 at 1:52 PM

lesh, agree re ASM’s end product and how it could be achieved.

I also think that if he gets one (and the same is true of Almiron and Joelinton) then confidence levels will rise and more will naturally follow.

I think Carroll and Gayle could both use a goal, too. Imagine having 5 front players, all low on confidence at the same time. Only at NUFC…..

• martoon

Nov 4, 2019 at 1:55 PM

Repost as the bus moved:

RobLeenio – the other three were simon376, Reilly and Nostradamus “MA Clown”.
    Actually while checking this I notice I’ve made a mistake it wasn’t Jane but wynsleap.

Bang goes a wonderful theory 😉

• #BoycottAshley ( OP)

Nov 4, 2019 at 1:57 PM

Bill’s

You definitely live in a fantasy world of your own construction.

Delusion of grandeur comes to mind.

I hope you’re not the fun member of your family

• Jib

Nov 4, 2019 at 1:59 PM

martoon give me a moment to check
    I may be wynsleap as well
    😛

• Mindshaft

Nov 4, 2019 at 2:38 PM

Theres some daft posts on here today, clearly there’s a lot of people who don’t actually go to games and take all their input from others on this blog, local press or watching the camera follow the ball on motd – beggars belief !!

• Essex Geordie Bill

Nov 4, 2019 at 3:03 PM

U23s playing AV U23s tonight and it’s likely that Lejeune will be in the team.KO in 3 Hours 56 Minutes

• Essex Geordie Bill

Nov 4, 2019 at 3:05 PM

And from the NUFC site I noticed that we don’t have Ladies playing for the female team we have Women!

• Bills Son Is Back

Nov 4, 2019 at 3:16 PM

OP- Bills, I hope you’re not the fun member of your family.

Funnily enough, I am.

• Jib

Nov 4, 2019 at 3:19 PM

EGB
    Bruce said at his presser that he’s looking for 80 minutes from
    Lejeune tonight

• Bills Son Is Back

Nov 4, 2019 at 3:25 PM

lesh – Bill’s son, Since you’ve named me as one of your critics, have you ever wondered why you get kick-back on some of your posts? Does it occur to you that singing the praises of Bruce, his appointment as the one who’d accept Ashley’s rules and Ashley’s running the club into the ground might be way out of kilter with the views of most NUFC fans?

There you go with exactly the type of bollocks and post twisting that I criticised you for earlier..

Where the hell have I been singing the praises of Bruce??

I’ve said time and again on here I’d prefer Rafa was still here and Bruce was never on my list of hoped for replacements.

What I have said is that now that he is here I’ll give him a chance and not stick the boot in at every oppprtunity and ridicule his every move like you and your negging cohorts.

This singing Bruce’s praises nonsense is a total figment of your delusion to any poster who you reckon doesn’t spend half his waking time sticking pins into Bruce and Ashley dolls.

You couldn’t have a reasoned discussion if it slapped you in the face.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Nov 4, 2019 at 3:26 PM

Jib

If he comes through that OK he could possibly make the bench on Saturday!

• hibbit

Nov 4, 2019 at 3:30 PM

Bills Son Is Back

Nov 4, 2019 at 3:16 PM

OP- Bills, I hope you’re not the fun member of your family.

Funnily enough, I am.

Don’t think so Bill, i think you could easily challenge Victor Meldrew as the archetypal grumpy old man. and win that title hands down with very little effort 😉

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 4, 2019 at 3:31 PM

Bills Son Is Back,
    You never bloody stop do you!

• hibbit

Nov 4, 2019 at 3:32 PM

back to normal from today, just completed 11 days of jury duty , hopefully never again !!!

• Munster Mag

Nov 4, 2019 at 3:34 PM

Jail – How very typical of Bills Son is Back to start crowing after a win,

Absolute bollocks again from you.

There was no crowing in my last post, simply my thoughts on our front three.

And, the reason why I don’t post often on here now is because of the bollocks twisted replies to sensible posts that the likes of you, hibbit, OP, and lesh make to name just a few.

You especially would find $hit in a silver lining.

Your obvious praying that Bruce and the team either get relegated or stay up on goal difference to justify your massive negativity on everything NUFC is a disgrace to this blog and fans in general.

….Spot on Billson. Lesh I dont have an issue with you, but bottom feeders like OP, and the 2 dog muppett, are just totally unwilling to etertain any other narratives but their own.

This – Rafa is a God, largely because he though Ashley was a fool. Grand I’m a God too then.
    SB isnt Rafa – therefore he is a useless buffoon whom we cannot, as bottom feeders, support. You guys need to cop on.

All this backed up by Jail, the perennial nagger, the weasel .

Rotunda – btw I answered you earlier re Rafa and some of his excellent signings. I have said this pubicly about Benitez before. If you didnt read them its not my problem

• Mister Tuff

Nov 4, 2019 at 3:34 PM

Jib has so many multiples in his “stable” – that he has to check his “notes/playbook” just to be sure.

• Bills Son Is Back

Nov 4, 2019 at 3:35 PM

hibbit,

I’n the archetypal grumpy old man?

ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

No I’m not.

• Jib

Nov 4, 2019 at 3:36 PM

Jail for Ashley
    You never bloody stop do you!

OH

MY

GOD

• hibbit

Nov 4, 2019 at 3:46 PM

Bills Son
    that’s exactly how you come across definitely the image you portray!!!!

• Bills Son Is Back

Nov 4, 2019 at 4:01 PM

hibbit, how does speaking positively about the club as opposed to the negative droll you continually dish out make me a grumpy old man?

Pray tell.

I’m listening/

• Munster Mag

Nov 4, 2019 at 4:13 PM

Billson , sorry but you must be negative re NUFC at all times!!!! Its de rules!! Seriously, there are some on here who want SB to mess up, and maybe finish 4th last, so that they can say ” I told u so” . If we had lost 3-2 the other day the man would have been hung. All I’m saying is that we give him a chance, and hope.

So far people have said that he is

– A long ball mgr ( what, like rafa wasnt ?? )
    – A 442 manager ( not yet seen as far as i know)
    – A dinosaur who’s training methods injure players ( that doesn’t stack up either )

• Charlie in the Gallowgate

Nov 4, 2019 at 4:13 PM

Hibby
    I did five weeks earlier this year absolutely done me in
    They reckon once you have done Jury Duty you are highly likely to be called back but not within two years

• Bills Son Is Back

Nov 4, 2019 at 4:22 PM

Munster Mag,

Careful, we’ll be accused of being alts 🙂

Have you noticed it’s only the positive posters who get accused of being alts.

The neggers who all sing the same old doleful tune never are??

Could toon22, hibbit, lesh, OP, Jail and Rotunda be but one?

Would sure add up, surely there can’t be six saddo’s all trilling that same old doleful tune.

• Jib

Nov 4, 2019 at 4:24 PM

When I was a young’un me ma would send m
    into Shield with a pound note
    I’d come back with 6 eggs a pint of milk 2 large
    sliced loaves a slab of cheese a bag of spuds
    and a packet of tea
    You cannot do that now !
    Too many f—ing security cameras

• Munster Mag

Nov 4, 2019 at 8:01 PM

Classic Jib. I hear Munster are signing two saffirs. Good news!