web analytics

It’s Two Goals In Two For Newcastle Loan Lad

Rolando Aarons did not make his fourth start for Wycombe Wanderers in the EFL Trophy match this afternoon. However, he did come off the bench at the beginning of the second half against Fulham Under-21s.

It didn’t take the 23-year-old winger long to bag his second goal in as many games as he scored in the 50th minute to level the game at 1-1.

Wycombe went on to lose the match 1-2 on a late goal by Timmy Abraham, who is the younger brother of Chelsea’s Tammy Abraham. Unfortunately, there is no Tommy Abraham for Newcastle to bring in. 🙂

Rolando Aarons is starting to find his form for Wycombe after he suffered an injury in his debut for the club. He has since made appearances in Wycombe’s last seven matches in all competitions.

His manager Gareth Ainsworth had this to say after Aarons scored his first goal for Wycombe against Shrewsbury on Saturday:

“He is a great player and he will terrorize defenses in this league and he is definitely above this level.”

“That goal will give him confidence. The boys know that they have to keep their levels high if they want to stay in this team.”

Rolando is on loan at Wycombe until January 13th. His final match could be at Sunderland on the 11th. Wycombe are currently second in League One and have already beaten Sunderland in their home fixture earlier this month.

Here is an interview with Aarons after his goal on Saturday, as well as a video of the goal.

• G

Nov 5, 2019 at 10:52 PM

Hope a goal against the Mackems is his parting gift

• Big Archie

Nov 6, 2019 at 12:50 AM

• toon22

Nov 6, 2019 at 12:59 AM

Archie

How many successful blogs do you run and write for ?

😉

• The Wife

Nov 6, 2019 at 1:12 AM

Who’s on Night Shift tonight? And I have a crazy, totally off-topic story to tell! Oh well…I’ll still share. 🙂

OK, so on Monday and Wednesday evenings after work, I take a Spanish class at the local community college. Last night, I get to school and get in the lift. The doors close, no problem, it starts to move and then UH OH. The lift lurches to an abrupt stop. I press every button, but nothing is working. After a few minutes of hoping things will just work themselves out (and they don’t) I press the HELP button on the panel and a call goes to a receptionist desk. I explain my plight and I’m told a campus policeman will be by soon to help. Time goes by. I hear nothing going on. I call HELP again. The same lady tells me help is on the way. More time goes by. Finally the campus policeman is on the other side of the door. We chat for a bit and he decides that yep, the lift is broken. (No kidding, Sherlock!!) The receptionist comes back on over the lift intercom and informs me the Fire Department is on the way. So now (omg!) this is an escalated situation. I patiently wait, and do my best to keep calm and carry on. Finally, the Fire Dept arrive and then I hear what just sounds like screeching metal as they work to get the door open. And then the lift door is opened about 2 feet wide and I am greeted by three handsome, hunky firemen in full gear ready to save this damsel in distress.

Just another day in the life of The Wife… 😀

• NY Mag

Nov 6, 2019 at 1:27 AM

The wife,

Sounds like quite a harrowing experience……on a lighter note – you’re not taking Spanish lessons so you can talk tactics with Jib are you?

• The Wife

Nov 6, 2019 at 1:41 AM

NY Mag

It was pretty unnerving, but thankfully I’m not claustrophobic. I was more annoyed at the fact there was no sign up to let people know that the lift was having issues and shouldn’t be used.

As for talking tactics, I couldn’t effectively do that in English, much less Spanish – haha. 😉

• NY Mag

Nov 6, 2019 at 1:52 AM

The Wife,

I wouldn’t consider myself as claustrophobic, but I certainly wouldn’t relish being stuck in a lift for any extended period of time. I bet you’ll be taking the stairs tomorrow 🙂

• The Wife

Nov 6, 2019 at 2:08 AM

NY Mag,

I’d say that’s a safe bet. I’ll probably be on the stairs not just tomorrow, but from now on. Once bitten, twice shy.

• Oldgit1

Nov 6, 2019 at 2:09 AM

@ NY Mag, just out of curiosity why were you interested in the punishment of Jib to the point of asking the wife.

• NY Mag

Nov 6, 2019 at 2:23 AM

Oldgit1,

Are you referring to when I asked the wife to clarify if Jib was banned?
    If so, I simply asked for clarification – I have no agenda on who gets banned or why.

For the record, I don’t have any issues with Jib (and I’m pretty sure he’ll confirm that)

• Online Guy

Nov 6, 2019 at 2:35 AM

Lesh, Jib , Carltoon .

Here’s Sunderland in 3 years time …

Carltoon ..if you watch Coronation street look out for a female actress in this that went on to be a fixture in the street .

Lesh, Jib …i had totally forgotten this film that I do now recall from 1970ish ..and the , let’s say interesting end .. it gets better second half .. do you pair remember it ?

• The Wife

Nov 6, 2019 at 2:38 AM

Getting late, so I’ll say my goodnights. Catch you all later!

• lesh

Nov 6, 2019 at 2:45 AM

The Wife….. cover your eyes before reading……

Said by Jacob Murphy and printed on here earlier tonight: – “I’ve been grinding it out and my job is to give the manager a headache. Hopefully, I can keep on doing that.”

Neil, for the sake of propriety, that quote’s a classic example of double entarde. Any more and you’ll have to take it out!

• Oldgit1

Nov 6, 2019 at 2:48 AM

Cheers NY Mag, just thought it was a bit of mischief making, may have read I wrong. It appears that he gets a lot of stick from the few posters on here to the point of ganging up on him. I know he is more than able to look after himself but to any newcomer to this site, all they would see is a bullying element and that is why there are fewer posters on this site. My brother who is five years older than me was forced off this site and there have been many others.

I don’t come on here very often now because of a few posters who would rather shout you down than listen to your point of view and of course they have there backers and before you know it they are ganging up on you and other posters.

You can see other posters having their past comments thrown back at them time and time again, they refuse to move on and conversations turn nasty. It’s the same ones over and over again but the wife says nothing to them.

I have other interests now and other sites that I visit, I still and always will pop back to this site because it was the best there was but ‘ the frog’ come on do me a favour. He gets away with murder that guy.

Sorry for the long post but it’s more of a point scoring site, than a blog for people, that has genuine opinions and just want to talk football related stuff.

Time is too short especially for me to argue on a site and receive derogatory comments.

• lesh

Nov 6, 2019 at 2:51 AM

Online I can vaguely remember that film what was it?

• lesh

Nov 6, 2019 at 2:57 AM

Online, Carltoon

It’s not shot at the Lochside but…

• NY Mag

Nov 6, 2019 at 3:13 AM

Oldgit1,

Appreciate the feedback, no mischief making on my side (bit of a laugh for sure, but I always try and ensure that when I have a laugh, it’s always with people I have conversed with before and therefore I assume they know I’m having a laugh)

My philosophy on this blog is not to get offended by what people say (and therefore not to respond to any perceived offense)…..of course like everyone else, I’m imperfect 🙂

Good to have some chat with you…..

• NY Mag

Nov 6, 2019 at 3:15 AM

Belated, but goodnight to the wife…….we need you to become a more active member of the night shift

• lesh

Nov 6, 2019 at 3:22 AM

Oldgit1

Jib, the innocent, the victim of them nasty bullies? Wake up man, he deserves everything he gets.

By way of example how he’s free with his gob, he told someone yesterday that he was an idiot, for no apparent reason. Quite out of the blue and uncalled for. The ‘idiot’ asked Jib to explain why he came out with that and said poster’s still waiting for an answer.

And you think he deserves sympathy? Ask yourself why he was recently banned for a week or two. Better still, ask Neil H or his wife.

• lesh

Nov 6, 2019 at 3:23 AM

Night all

• NY Mag

Nov 6, 2019 at 3:32 AM

Goodnight lesh…..

• carltoon

Nov 6, 2019 at 3:37 AM

Goodnight good read The Wife. I’d have been terrified. OLG BM????. Anyway I’m off to dream of a new owner. Oh! OLG, don’t watch Corrie or any soaps.

• NY Mag

Nov 6, 2019 at 3:59 AM

Carltoon,

We missed you tonight during ‘lift-gate’……anyway goodnight, speak to you tomorrow 🙂

• #BoycottAshley ( OP)

Nov 6, 2019 at 6:05 AM

Nufc83

I’ve better things to do than argue with a wum like you.

You’re another with a agenda, I like plenty of others see straight through you.

Your posts like yourself are transparent, you’re another moron who thinks he’s a genius.

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 6, 2019 at 6:46 AM

Oldgit1,
    There you going again. You’re making out that Jib is being victimised. When he first started using this site in 2014 he went on a one man crusade to bring the blog down by targeting those posters that had an anti Ashley agenda. His comments became so obnoxious that he was banned for life. The Jib we see now is a watered down version of Jeff yet has still managed.to goad a poster over his dead wife, mock another poster for being stupid because kids were abused in Ireland and accuse someone else of molesting children and managed to get himself a weeks ban. If you’re going to play the violin for him, at least play fair.

• toon22

Nov 6, 2019 at 7:01 AM

Some posters will say anything in their defence of Jabba

Anything

• posada

Nov 6, 2019 at 7:35 AM

Same old, same old from Obnoxious Poison.

• lochinvar

Nov 6, 2019 at 7:35 AM

The Wife
    Let’s see if the Gallowgate will sing the Fireman Sam song for you on Saturday at the match – seems only fair

• Nufc-83

Nov 6, 2019 at 7:42 AM

OP ahh taking the route of a wum like Toon by claiming posters you don’t agree with have some sort of agenda well done in joining the imbecile crew.

• The next Mike Williamson

Nov 6, 2019 at 7:51 AM

Lesh, you say it’s bad form for jib to call someone stupid. I don’t know who you mean, but what if the person said something like Betty did last night?

Bettyswallocks
    “Of course it has something to do with NUFC that’s why I broached the subject. As I said if Corbyn gets in he’ll start meddling with private ownership of football clubs and make them state owned.

He will then decide who is the best equipped in his government to deal with the redistribution of players and assets of PL clubs and all hell will let loose. If it’s someone who is biased towards Southern Clubs then they’ll end up with all the best players and that’s how it’ll stay,”

Would you say it would be justified if the person wrote something as insane/ stupid as this and more than likely probably believes it? I’m even shocked at this one. A new level has been reached.

• martoon

Nov 6, 2019 at 7:53 AM

Is it just a coincidence but since ‘The Wife’s’ warning yesterday I haven’t seen a post by IrishRob?

• Bleatin' n Bruced

Nov 6, 2019 at 8:09 AM

I noticed that – Irishrob is probably just sleeping it off though. In any case no point in getting him banned as he’s already said that if he was, he would immediately create another identity and come back worse than ever. Nice person.

• Bleatin' n Bruced

Nov 6, 2019 at 8:15 AM

“Big Archie

Nov 6, 2019 at 12:50 AM

Getting a bit desperate there Neil, posting tweets on a Sheffield Wednesday under 23 game.”

Did you let the connection whizz over yer heed there big guy?

• Bleatin' n Bruced

Nov 6, 2019 at 8:21 AM

It seems some self-professed intellectuals don’t actually manage to plot the idea of the blog out properly before they post. Submitting diatribes with political & religious content and casual profanity seems to be hard to resist even on a blog exclusively related to NUFC matters and open to all genders and ages. They can’t seem to fathom out how inappropriate and offensive their personal views (not FACT!s mind you) are to many people who read this. And it’s usually the same genius crowd who have to have it pointed out time and again.

• Bleatin' n Bruced

Nov 6, 2019 at 8:26 AM

A bit of The Move for you…hum if you don’t know the words..

(keep it runnin,) fetch the Fire Brigade
    Fetch the Fire Brigade
    The lift’s stuck
    And the wife’s tarde a la escuela…

😀

• Bleatin' n Bruced

Nov 6, 2019 at 8:27 AM

I’ll get a like from jib for that later. Totally worth it. 🙂

• Lee Charnley Bunga Party

Nov 6, 2019 at 8:29 AM

There is hardly ever any meaningful football chat on here all the time its just old grannies bickering all day 🙂

Also does anyone remember the poster who used to finish his posts with (Smartest guy in the room) ? What a bell end he was !

• Ron Knee

Nov 6, 2019 at 8:41 AM

TnMW

I thought Bettyswallocks’ post was a Piers Morgan parody account.

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 6, 2019 at 8:53 AM

Ron Knee,
    I like swallocks, he’s got a good bit of banter but yesterday knew exactly what he was doing. Mentioning Corbyn for no reason whatsoever which he knew would get a response from lesh or AncientC. There was no need to spark a political debate.