web analytics

Newcastle Bring Back Under-23 Defender Released This Summer

Newcastle have resigned defender Stefan O’Connor who was released by the club this summer. The 22-year-old has reportedly signed a new short-term deal according to the Chronicle.

Newcastle originally signed O’Connor in 2017 after his release from Arsenal. He is a product of the Arsenal’s Academy but only made one appearance for the club in a 2014 Champions League game against Galatasaray.

O’Connor is currently recovering from a serious knee injury. He made 14 starts in all competitions for the Newcastle Under-23s last season.

O’Connor can also play right-back or as a defensive midfielder. While he likely has no chance to get into the Newcastle first-team, it’s good of the club to bring O’Connor back as he gets close to a return.

He has likely been brought back in to bolster the Under-23’s defense. O’Connor was a steady presence in the side last season prior to suffering his injury.

• Ron Knee

Nov 6, 2019 at 11:35 AM

martoon

I had to google it!

• The Sheikh'sMate

Nov 6, 2019 at 11:52 AM

Missed the Harrison Express… Repost.
    It was commented on recently there’s less posters on here now than normal… I’m one who doesn’t visit as often, which is a shame as I used to enjoy it most of the time.
    But it became boring with certain people throwing personal insults at each other, it was more, like a school yard mentality sometimes.
    Hopefully the trolls will be exterminated and the posters will return in time… . Hopefully.

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 6, 2019 at 11:58 AM

martoon,
    From earlier. I understand that about price to buy and how much you get for selling but on Subday morning he was worth 6.0M and by the end of the game he was worth 5.9M, so I can only presume loads of people shifted him out mid game before his value dropped and I missed the bus.

• martoon

Nov 6, 2019 at 12:10 PM

Jail – I guess you must be right but personally I never think of changing my team until a couple of days before the next game week – maybe that’s where I’m going wrong! 😉

• martoon

Nov 6, 2019 at 12:14 PM

On topic it does seem strange to dispense with the lad and then bring him back – it does seem to smack of some sort of power struggle between Redfearn and someone other. It’s just a shame the lad is caught in the middle of the crossfire because after-all it’s his career at stake.

• Just a fan

Nov 6, 2019 at 12:17 PM

Some people on here want to build a ground to hold 60to 70 thousands
    Others cannot wait to crow that the crowds are below 40 thousand.

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 6, 2019 at 12:17 PM

martoon,
    You’re dead right, I should do that as well but I get too trigger happy, s certain player I’ve brought in plays mid week, if he gets injured then I’m knackered, but on the flip side I lost out on Perez because I was 0.1M short, if he does well at the weekend I’ll be spewing.

• hibbit

Nov 6, 2019 at 12:26 PM

martoon
    the kid had a very serious injury when they released him with a very poor prognosis,
    the strange bit about the whole affair is now that he’s proved the medics wrong and is now making a strong recovery they resign him, you have to wounder why he never got the support he needed at the time of the injury and through the recovery period ??

• hibbit

Nov 6, 2019 at 12:28 PM

Just a fan
    isn’t that the very nature of a blog, a spectrum of all opinions ????