web analytics

Newcastle Leader Thinks It’s Starting To Come Together For Dynamic Trio

Newcastle broke out of their attacking slump this past weekend with three goals and nine shots on target. While Allan Saint-Maximin and Miguel Almiron had a few of the shots, both failed to get their first Newcastle goals.

Striker Joelinton also only had one shot in the match. Newcastle instead relied on three set-piece goals from Ciaran Clark, Federico Fernandez, and Jonjo Shelvey.

We’ve still only got the one Joelinton goal from our front three of Joelinton, Allan Saint-Maximin, and Miguel Almiron. While it does seem like a breakthrough is inevitable, it’s still yet to happen.

The Athletic published some comments by captain Jamaal Lascelles on Joelinton and the front three yesterday.

Jamaal reckons that it’s only a matter of time for them to start getting the rewards for their hard work. He also thinks it’s starting to click for the front trio. This is what the skipper said about our three attackers:

“Joe was excellent. He held the ball up really well and allowed us to get up the pitch. Joe is young and he is learning, but he has quality and he showed that.

“Our front three will give any back four a hard time with their pace and quality. It’s finally starting to click for the three of them together and they were unlucky not to score.”

The front three showed their dynamism at West Ham this past weekend and Allan Saint-Maximin really should have scored on at least one of his one on ones with West Ham’s Roberto.

We hope that Newcastle have turned a corner after last week’s display. They’ve been far too anemic in front of goal this season but at West Ham they were able to finally create a slew of chances.

Now they have to start putting them away. This Saturday at St James Park will be another test for the front three.

Bournemouth have not conceded in three matches so they will be tough to break down. But we have faith the lads can build on last week’s attacking display.

How Will Newcastle Do Against Bournemouth On Saturday?

• Win (63%, 727 )
  • Draw (22%, 256 )
  • Lose (14%, 163 )

Total Voters: 1,146

Loading ... Loading ...

• martoon

Nov 7, 2019 at 1:19 PM

geordietom – We’ve been on the Dream – really nice friendly ship but I haven’t done the itinerary you were on.
    The next cruise is a big one to celebrate our Ruby wedding on the Marella Explorer 2 to the Caribbean in 93 days 20 hours – not that I’m counting but I have a app that does :mrgreen:

• Essex Geordie Bill

Nov 7, 2019 at 1:21 PM

geordietom

Sorry for this it’s really crap humour but ‘were the catacombs in the dead centre of town’?

• martoon

Nov 7, 2019 at 1:23 PM

To football – one of the reasons the crowd was dead against Wolves was there was nothing to get excited about – nothing really happened until the goal. I think against Bournemouth we have to make a good start, give the crowd something to shout about and then they’ll get right behind the lads and that could be the difference.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Nov 7, 2019 at 1:23 PM

As promised

Before i get into any trubble with the blog speling polyce I want to:-

Get down on my knees, beat my head against the floor, beat myself with twigs, wear the itchiest hair shirt i can find, deprive myself of sleep, go shopping with the wife (mine), read the most boring bloggers assertions and complaints till my brain bursts apologise for any Typo’s I have ever made or will most certainly make in my comments.

There hopefully that will spare me from getting abuse or criticism from certain moronic posters.

Your’s in a true spirit of freindship and trust

EGB

• Bills Son Is Back

Nov 7, 2019 at 1:54 PM

betty,

If that was your idea of a joke it was a crass one.

I don’t believe it was a joke, which makes it even more crass.

• Hail Wor Ashley

Nov 7, 2019 at 1:55 PM

A quick scan of this weekend’s fixtures leads me to conclude – looking forward to being 2pts off 5th afterwards.

• martoon

Nov 7, 2019 at 2:03 PM

Incidentally EGB – I know your avatar represents something deep and meaningful for your beliefs but all I see is the The Saint logo – no offence 😀

• Swlabr

Nov 7, 2019 at 2:05 PM

EGB….you can repeat the same post over and over and over again, as many times as you like and get clean away with it without any reprisal whatsoever. Toon22 does.

• Swlabr

Nov 7, 2019 at 2:07 PM

Martoon, I thought it was matchstick men body poppin’

• Hail Wor Ashley

Nov 7, 2019 at 2:08 PM

Te usual schlubs such as Delph in the England squad. In what universe is he a better combative CM than Hayden? One of the most overrated players in PL history. No better than likes of Colback.

• Nufc-83

Nov 7, 2019 at 2:10 PM

bleatin again I agree with a lot of what you wrote regarding the transfer strategy however regarding the definition of a selling club to me that is a club that is actively trying to get rid of players with any value regardless if the player wants to leave or not just for the sake of filling its penny jars. This is why I don’t buy this comment that Newcastle are a selling club anymore than I would if someone said Liverpool are a selling club.

• Hail Wor Ashley

Nov 7, 2019 at 2:12 PM

I wonder if results do go as I think they will and we are 2pts off 5th come the end of this round of fixtures, at which stage the likes of JfA, Toon22 and other assorted numpties will get behind the manager?

Would they rather perpetuate their strain to have a self-fulfilling prophecy of destruction and gloom? Stick or twist?

• investinyouthtoon

Nov 7, 2019 at 2:14 PM

On toon22, yes he does go on and on a bit too much and yes it is tiresome at most times. Thing to do like most do, is skip on past them until you find something worth reading. I don’t know him/her at all, but I assume the mission is to throw enough sh** and hope some of it sticks.
    We all want MA gone, at least I hope everybody does.

Not trying to defend them just trying to see somebody else’s viewpoint

• barkel

Nov 7, 2019 at 2:19 PM

i’d say you’ll get very good odds on those predictions

• Essex Geordie Bill

Nov 7, 2019 at 2:33 PM

Martoon

Actually looking at the Saint picture I can see quite a few Runes in it, so perhaps Leslie Charteris had some leaning towards rune lore.

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 7, 2019 at 2:33 PM

HWA,
    I would get behind the manager if I thought he was here for some kind of success and would probably fight his corner if I knew he’d be sacked for finishing 17th. But he hasn’t been brought in for success at all and will be nicely rewarded for finishing 17th, as he will next season and the season after that. He has already told us, like we needed reminding that we have been relegated twice in the last ten years and that we should just accept our lot. Alan Pardew all over again, he’ll definitely be telling us how we can’t compete with Leicester and Everton at some stage.

• The next Mike Williamson

Nov 7, 2019 at 2:45 PM

ill get behind bruce when i look back at his past records and it suggests to me hes capable. a couple of wins wont do that. he needs a couple of good seasons playing good football. 4th bottom playing dismal football isnt enough to keep me watching for long. we all have our limits as to what well suffer.

• The next Mike Williamson

Nov 7, 2019 at 2:51 PM

we are fast approaching the point where it will be impossible to scroll past toon22 as he will be the only one left, no doubt calling himself PR or an alt and chasing himself round in circles.

• toon22

Nov 7, 2019 at 2:59 PM

So everyone is happy reading Pro Jabba PR from the likes of JIB and his alts
    I’m supposed to just ignore posters like Nufc83 and Munster try and say Jabba don’t make money from player sales ?

Like that’s a normal fans point of view ?

Jabba is hated across the country but some here defend him and his actions

I’m here till Jabbas gone

• toon22

Nov 7, 2019 at 3:01 PM

TNMW

Where in the Traitors past has he been a successful manager ?

He’s a relegation specialist

• Bants

Nov 7, 2019 at 3:04 PM

WARNING: This post contains a slang racial term that some readers may find offensive.
    If you are easily affronted or offended,a millenial, or bettyswallocks please look away now.

Someone asked the other day how Rafa was getting on in China so I conferred with my source,a Mr Cho from the Golden Dragon.

He assured me that as expected Rafa has made a strong impression on the locals. They have found him to be professional,unflappable and full of integrity.

However, the mask slipped one night when he was awakened by suspicious noises coming from his bedroom closet. He panicked, hit the alarm and began yelling and screaming for the security officers as he sobbed and cowered in his en-suite.

It was then that they discovered a chink in his armoire!

• Bants

Nov 7, 2019 at 3:06 PM

Before betty or someone else accuses me of being racist may I point out that some of my best mates, er meals, are Chinese!

• Tyran21

Nov 7, 2019 at 5:35 PM

If opposition teams defends better and not left their back line so exposed. I doubt the team will have so much shots. Newcastle have to try to dictate the play against the lesser teams, to get our front three firing in my opinion. Against stronger attacking teams, I do agree have to rely on counter-attack strategy. I meant, no harm doing some pressing even playing counter-attack right?