web analytics

‘The Most Important Thing Is The Team Wins’ – Local Lad Understands He Probably Won’t Start Against Bournemouth

Paul Dummett had enjoyed a decent spell in the Newcastle side to start the season. He even put in a Man of the Match performance at Tottenham in Newcastle’s first win under Steve Bruce. Paul stayed in the side until Newcastle were thrashed 5-0 at Leicester City when he played at left-back in a back four.

He lost his place the following week to Ciaran Clark, whose sparkling form has earned him a Republic of Ireland call-up for next week. After another terrific display from the 30-year-old at West Ham, it doesn’t look like Dummett will get back into this Newcastle team anytime soon.

Paul did make a 3-minute cameo this past Saturday but will have to bide his time before getting his name back on the teamsheet. The 28-year-old local lad understands the circumstances. While he is disappointed to not be playing, he is pleased that the team are having a spell of good form.

Dummett spoke to BBC Newcastle recently, and Matthew Raisbeck has tweeted some of his comments about being out of this Newcastle side.

Paul has an outstanding attitude, and he’ll continue to work hard despite being on the fringes at the moment. With six quality center-backs at Newcastle vying for three positions, there is going to be some jostling for game time during training. This also means that players like Paul will have to be patient.

Both Ciaran Clark and Federico Fernandez were in the same position as Dummett is now. They both seized their opportunities when they came.

With the way Fernandez has played over the past two weeks, he may even keep Fabian Schar on the sidelines this weekend. Fabian has arguably been our best player this season but missed the last two games with a slight knee problem.

It might not be a foregone conclusion that Schar gets straight back into the Newcastle backline once he is fit again. That is one of the benefits of having such depth at one position. It brings the best out of each player and helps to ensure that everyone is ready when they get their chance.

• Pain in the Blog

Nov 7, 2019 at 4:41 PM

OLG,

I have a horrible feeling that the Vashti Bunyan album will resemble a saucer by now – no, never stored vertically, my bad. And I haven’t owned a turntable for about 20 years. Haven’t looked at my albums for the same length of time.

Your 100/1 offer could cost you £12.50 so I can’t possibly accept that bet. But a gentleman’s wager would be acceptable.

The current odds and recent form favour Brighton but I think we might just be on a bit of a roll. I think ASM will score and one of our mighty central defenders. How can you bet against that?

Predicted score 2-1.

• Genjikai

Nov 7, 2019 at 5:16 PM

Wor kells just signed a new contract with the toon.
    Buzzing lad well done.

• Charlie in the Gallowgate

Nov 7, 2019 at 5:18 PM

I three year contract!!

• Bills Son Is Back

Nov 7, 2019 at 5:18 PM

bants – Before betty or someone else accuses me of being racist may I point out that some of my best mates, er meals, are Chinese!

Brilliant 🙂

• Genjikai

Nov 7, 2019 at 5:22 PM

Pain
    Because we are playing Bournemouth not brighton

• Our Toon

Nov 7, 2019 at 5:40 PM

Bants

I wont call you racist but I do question why you feel the need to post that type of joke on a blog which is viewed by people around world and from various backgrounds.

I’d also change the justification by citing chinese friends and food as back up for why you arent racist, from my experience any type of racial comment is always followed by…..but I’m not because my best friend is…..!!

It’s worth thinking about this being a global appeal of where you post a comment and how its perceived outside of your bubble of friends who might get a kick out of something like!!

• RobLeenio

Nov 7, 2019 at 5:40 PM

Great news for Kelland is that Genjikai. And for the club.

Dummett will come again this season, he’ll get his chance and take it to have a run in the team.

It’s clear by the fact nobody here can agree on our best back three that they’re all as skilled as each other and as well thought of.

• Pain in the Blog

Nov 7, 2019 at 5:43 PM

Genjikai #5,

This is very true. The form guide wouldn’t favour Brighton but it does favour Bournemouth. Random confusion and bewilderment will happen to you too in about forty years. But thanks for being interested and involved. Much appreciated.

• bettyswallocks

Nov 7, 2019 at 6:07 PM

Aye Bants that was a tad racist like.

• Bants

Nov 7, 2019 at 6:08 PM

Re #6

I knew there would be someone offended – and today it’s Our Toon.

Re your second paragraph – that’s the very reason I mentioned it. In some quarters that’s called humour!

Give yer head a shake fella.

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 7, 2019 at 6:14 PM

Bants,
    No offence mate but it wasn’t imo even remotely funny, considering Bills son is Back thought it was brilliant just pretty much kills his claim that he is an all round fun guy, if that is the standard of joke he’s belting out on Christmas day then Hitler’s bunker must be like comedy night at the Royal Albert Hall in comparison.

• Our Toon

Nov 7, 2019 at 6:18 PM

Bants

I’m not offended, just dont know why you think its appropriate on a blog which is multi cultural and a place where some people wont get the humour you’ve attempted.

Give your head a shake and realise this isnt a blog with people in the UK only, we may well have fans from the far east that come on here and read that nonsense!!

Tbf the only thing that I’m offended at is your logic of thinking this place is appropriate for that kind of rubbish. Anyway carry on bud and have fun!!

• bettyswallocks

Nov 7, 2019 at 6:18 PM

Rafa was apparently in a state of panic over there when one of the lads offered to wok his dog.

• investinyouthtoon

Nov 7, 2019 at 6:20 PM

Good news on the new contract for youngster watts, hopefully he’ll be involved with the seniors in the not too distant future.

On another note, Genjikai are you aware of whether the accounts have been examined or made available for an independent auditing? Just couldn’t remember if they had and may have missed whatever the outcome was.

• Bills Son Is Back

Nov 7, 2019 at 6:23 PM

You show your ignorance and bill bias again…

My thumbs up post was aimed at bants taking the mick out of betty, not the humour of the joke.

You’ll defo be the only cracker at your Xmas dinner…

No matter how many sit down for the turkey.

• Bills Son Is Back

Nov 7, 2019 at 6:24 PM

Above post meant for Jail the blog cracker.

• Bants

Nov 7, 2019 at 6:31 PM

Betty #13

I thought that was funny,but possibly a tad racist?!