web analytics

A Second 17-Year-Old Signs First Professional Deal With Newcastle

Another Newcastle 17-year-old has penned his first professional contract with the club. Earlier this week, it was midfielder Joe White who was also called up to the England Under-18 squad earlier today.

Today, midfielder Elliot Anderson has followed suit and signed his first contract with Newcastle.

Anderson just turned seventeen a few days ago and now has another reason to celebrate. Elliot has been in the Newcastle Academy ranks since he was just 8 years old. This season he made his debut for the Under-23 side in the EFL Trophy loss at Macclesfield in early September.

The youngster is an attacking midfielder who has an eye for goal. This is what Elliot had to say about the type of player he is:

“I’ve set a target of 15 goals this season with the under-18s so hopefully, I can achieve that. I also have areas of the game to work on and become a better player. It’s very physical when I step up, and I think I am getting used to it well.

“This season, so far, I have scored four goals in the under-18 Premier League along with six assists. In my opinion, I think that’s a good stat for a midfielder.

“My main strengths as a player are passing and running with the ball. I’m an attacking midfielder, and I think I have a good awareness to find the front three and create chances for the team.”

That sounds exactly like what Newcastle are looking for at the moment. With Anderson and Joe White, Newcastle could have a couple of attacking midfielders coming through the ranks.

Last season, Anderson scored 3 goals and had two assists for the Under-18s. He has also represented Scotland on a number of occasions at the youth level.

As you could imagine, this is a wonderful moment for the lad who lives in Whitley Bay. This is what he said about his dream of signing for Newcastle United:

“I’m delighted to be signing a professional contract with Newcastle United. It’s what I’ve dreamt of since I was a little kid joining the Academy.

“It’s a really proud moment for me and my family as it’s our hometown club and a team we all support.

This has been a special week for some of the youngsters at Newcastle. We’ve had three players sign new deals in Joe White, Kelland Watts, and now Elliot Anderson. Joe White and Matty Longstaff have both been drafted into the England international set-up. Matty Longstaff even got the Premier League goal of the month award for October.

We wish Elliot the best of luck and look forward to monitoring his progress over the next few seasons.

Nov 8, 2019 at 7:38 PM

Typical as soon as I start posting the bus moves!

geordie at the risk of sounding pedantic how did they know it was Saturday?

Nov 8, 2019 at 7:40 PM

So here are the rest of my tonight’s comments.

Essex Geordie Bill

Nov 8, 2019 at 7:28 PM

Dinosaurs lived between 230 and 65 million years ago, in a time known as the Mesozoic Era.

Humans and their forbears have been around for less than a million years.

I don’t see Bladey’s comment as an insult!

Essex Geordie Bill

Nov 8, 2019 at 7:29 PM

19 Hours 36 Minutes to KO

Essex Geordie Bill

Nov 8, 2019 at 7:31 PM

Ref for tomorrow is Martin Atkinson, don’t think he’s done us any favours in the past!

But then again I don’t think we get favours from any ref.

Essex Geordie Bill

Nov 8, 2019 at 7:33 PM

Wonder if Sorensen will get any pitch time tonight?

Nov 8, 2019 at 7:42 PM

Geordietom

Sorry should have put you full moniker!

• RobLeenio

Nov 8, 2019 at 7:43 PM

Tom, how’s things in Derby? Hope you’re not being affected by the flooding. Same goes for any other readers in the North Mids / South Yorkshire.

• JohnJ

Nov 8, 2019 at 7:45 PM

Good luck to Elliot Anderson and the other two lads – I’m sure we all look forward to more youngsters coming through the ranks and joining the Longstaff brothers. 🙂

• Bleatin' n Bruced

Nov 8, 2019 at 7:46 PM

Trouble is our loan policy looks less like player development opportunities and more like gumtree.

• Ron Knee

Nov 8, 2019 at 7:47 PM

Chris Waugh@ChrisDHWaugh

Onwurah: “The 3rd point is on impact on #nufc. Other clubs are expanding stadia & buying land to do so. #nufc are doing the opposite. The idea of the club moving out of city centre is unthinkable. It would impact economically & it is part of our identity which we must protect”

• Pain in the Blog

Nov 8, 2019 at 7:48 PM

Essex, I think that most people tend to start reading the blog from where hey last read it, or maybe from the first blog of the morning, up to the present time. So really there is no need to get up tight about the ‘bus moving on’ and no need to replicate your posts over and over again. To me, they’re always great the first time round but can get a bit tedious after several repetitions.

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 8, 2019 at 7:53 PM

Pain in the Blog,
    At long last, I have a repost brethren, I’m going to heart you for eternity brother.

• JohnJ

Nov 8, 2019 at 7:56 PM

Robleenio,

I drove drown to Wynyard Hall and back today and the conditions on the A19 were appalling to say the least!

On my way back when I was overtaking a truck with great caution (poor visibility) I must add – I heard a noise that startled me! It was a motorbike overtaking the truck between my car and the truck. Obviously I’d been checking my rear view mirrors.

I’ve seen some idiots on the road but the rider has to rank in the top three of all time idiots!

• Ron Knee

Nov 8, 2019 at 8:00 PM

Sorensen on the bench, apparently.

• Bladey

Nov 8, 2019 at 8:01 PM

Essex Geordie bill
    I see you are still being a knob head with your childish countdowns your really are the bore of the blog
    19 hrs until you are let out of your care home
    22 hrs until you are given your meds
    14 days 19hrs until your are let out again for nufc next game
    ASH IN WISE OR CARVER IN MUGS OUT

Nov 8, 2019 at 8:01 PM

PITB

Yeah my apology comment was a bit of a p!ss take and deliberately repeated, don’t think I repeat my comments very often though.

Nov 8, 2019 at 8:03 PM

PITB

• Pain in the Blog

Nov 8, 2019 at 8:04 PM

Thank you Jail. I do heart you when I feel you deserve it and will continue to do so. No to reposters. Solidarity and all that crap.

• RobLeenio

Nov 8, 2019 at 8:04 PM

JohnJ, I ride a moped and used to use it to commute to South Shields. I came home on it through Thunder Thursday and if I hadn’t been on it I would have been stuck like many thousands of others when the Tunnel was closed.

It was honestly the scariest journey of my life, cars couldn’t see me, you couldn’t tell how deep the water was, there were currents flowing pushing me around. I should have just left the bike and walked home but didn’t even consider it at the time.

So if there’s a motorbike taking risks like that, then he’s a fool. That said, it’s no surprise – so many bikers seem to think they’re invincible when they’re actually more vulnerable than any other road user.

Nov 8, 2019 at 8:06 PM

Bladey

You think I’m the bore of the blog, wow an accolade, thank you mate.

Apologies to the others who thought they were, but it’s my title now!!

• Pain in the Blog

Nov 8, 2019 at 8:06 PM

Essex,

If that repetition was deliberate then I take my hat off to you. Brilliant.

Nov 8, 2019 at 8:11 PM

Bladey I got the rest of your kind message but the 14 days 19 hours had me a little confused till I realised you were talking about the international break, must remember to factor that in with my countdown, cheers for the heads up.

Nov 8, 2019 at 8:12 PM

PITB

Of course it was!

Nov 8, 2019 at 8:13 PM

And PITB

Of course it was!

• Mindshaft

Nov 8, 2019 at 8:22 PM

Watford beating Norwich, think it’s better for us if they draw

• Ron Knee

Nov 8, 2019 at 8:30 PM

If Norwich win it puts them two points behind us.

• Pain in the Blog

Nov 8, 2019 at 8:32 PM

Thumbs up emoji (I can’t do them).

• MagpieRanger

Nov 8, 2019 at 8:42 PM

“The debate about extending the ground is secondary. It might have been possible or it might not.
    The fact is an asset that once belonged to the club was sold by the oaf, for the benefit of the oaf.
    No doubt the ‘league of contradictors’ aka apologists will tell us that that is not really the case. Well it is – the club could have developed the land and used it as a resource for decades to come.
    Thank you Ashley and thank you to those Councillors who voted for the development. Shameful.” – Seen this in the comment section of an article on themag. Could have put it better.

• MagpieRanger

Nov 8, 2019 at 8:43 PM

Couldn’t *

Nov 8, 2019 at 8:53 PM

Well I hope those councillors enjoy their 13 pieces of silver.

Nov 8, 2019 at 8:58 PM

Rob

The flooding in this country seems to be getting worse, it seems that every year somewhere is under several feet of water, nowt to do with climate change according to the experts.

Nov 8, 2019 at 9:07 PM

I see Harley Davison are producing an e bike, gotta put that on my xmas list always wanted a hog!

• bill

Nov 8, 2019 at 9:10 PM

Essex Bill,
    I don’t know which experts you have been listening to, but all the experts I know of have been saying it is down to climate change for quite some years now.

I hope you don’t think Donald Trump is an expert.

• RobLeenio

Nov 8, 2019 at 9:13 PM

Aye, Bill, it does seem to be getting worse. Hard to know whether it’s actually dong so or if the media coverage is just more visible.

What is almost certainly changing is that it’s happening all year round – there’s just as likely to be floods in the height of the Summer as there is in the Autumn and winter. I remember Boscastle years ago, came from nowhere and was the sign of things to come.

• bill

Nov 8, 2019 at 9:13 PM

Regarding the councillors who have voted to allow development at Strawberry Place, I guess they all know that we are in for many years of austerity under the parasite. I don’t pretend to know their real motives.

• bill

Nov 8, 2019 at 9:16 PM

And what has happened to all of the snow that we used to get in winter?

• lesh

Nov 8, 2019 at 9:18 PM

Essex

It goes without saying that the frequency, severity and impact of flooding’s getting worse.

I aren’t mention the P word, but after years of cuts, neglect, deforestation, unlawning for parking space, stabbed gardens, undredged canals waterways, air pollution, what’s to be expected?

Hundreds of millions of years to shape this earth and man’s screwed it up in three hundred!

When will they ever learn?

I feel heart sorry for future generations what a bloody mess they’ll inherit.

• lesh

Nov 8, 2019 at 9:19 PM

Bill

And what ever happened to white dog poo that went up in a cloud of dust when you stamped on it of a hot summers day?

• toon22

Nov 8, 2019 at 9:24 PM

Lesh

Theres never been a point in the last half a billion years where the climate hasnt changed, in fact its been very stable for the last few thousand years
    Newcastle, in the past , was a corral reef

Im sure once humans no longer exist the climate will go on changing, just as it did before we existed

Just because the Victorians measured how things were back in the 18th century dont mean it will remain that way forever

😉

• toon22

Nov 8, 2019 at 9:29 PM

I can remember just how bad it was around in the 70s
    Its so much better its unreal nowdays

If you want to actually do something about pollution get yourself to Asia, or one of the few corperations and act where the 90% of it comes from nowdays

Sadly it wont effect climate change as its driven by the temp of the sun

• Pain in the Blog

Nov 8, 2019 at 9:33 PM

toon22,

You have really shown your true colours there. A global warming denier. An absolute idiot. A selfish, lying Boris worshipper. Well done. Now it’s past your bedtime. Off you go.

• RobLeenio

Nov 8, 2019 at 9:36 PM

Lesh the white dog poop was because of the chalk they used to put in dog food as filler.

Bill, I think that EGB was being sardonic

• RobLeenio

Nov 8, 2019 at 9:40 PM

Elias Sorensen an unused sub again, despite Carlisle being comfortably in the lead 3-1 after 59 minutes

🙁