web analytics

Newcastle Summer Signing Pulls Out Of Euro Qualifiers

There is a report in Swedish outlet Aftonbladet that Emil Krafth has pulled out of selection for Sweden’s Euro qualifiers next week. According to Sweden’s national team manager Janne Andersson, Krafth’s partner is due to give birth imminently.

This is what Andersson had to say about Krafth’s pending new arrival:

“He is going to be a father, and it is imminent. I myself have become a grandfather and a father, so it is obvious to respect their attitude towards this.

“He wants to be involved, and then there is not much to think about. Full respect for that.”

Krafth’s partner is Lina Lindqvist, who is a Swedish supermodel. The Daily Star did a report on the couple when Emil signed for Newcastle in August.

This is some exciting news for Emil Krafth as he will soon welcome his third child. We are not sure how this affects the 25-year-old’s availability for Bournemouth on Saturday. We assume we will get an update from Bruce during Friday’s press conference if Emil will be unavailable.

Sweden have two big matches left in Group F, at Romania on Friday, November 15th, and the following Monday against the Faroe Islands. Sweden are second in the group behind first placed Spain but just one point ahead of third place Romania.

Krafth has not started a game for Sweden since March and has only made one appearance in Sweden’s last six matches, all of which were 2020 Euro qualifiers.

Andersson stated that Manchester United center-back Victor Lindelof will fill in at right-back if the need arises. Gent’s Mikael Lustig is the primary right-back for the Swedish national team.

How Will Newcastle Do Against Bournemouth On Saturday?

• Win (63%, 727 )
  • Draw (22%, 256 )
  • Lose (14%, 163 )

Total Voters: 1,146

Loading ... Loading ...

• Nicky the ball tosser

Nov 8, 2019 at 12:11 AM

Lejeune’s back I notice, along with Scharr.

Scharr, Fernandez, Lejuene. We’ve got 6 good un’s, but that’s a really splendid back 3 right there Steve Bruce.

C’mon, do it. I know you’re sorely tempted.

• Nicky the ball tosser

Nov 8, 2019 at 12:16 AM

Won’t happen, nor should it, it’s just my preferred back 3.

Fernandez, Lascelles and Clark all deserve to start. Same 11 as last week.

• NY Mag

Nov 8, 2019 at 12:40 AM

Nicky,

Are you assuming that Brucie reads this blog? If he did he’d be suicidal 😀

• The next Mike Williamson

Nov 8, 2019 at 2:09 AM

one of the main reasons for sissokos improvement was playing him in his natural position. everything about him says centre midfield. playing him on the wing was as bad a decision as playing diame number ten.

• Nicky the ball tosser

Nov 8, 2019 at 2:27 AM

Very pleased now with Willems adjustment. He looks the part. With Willems and Ritchie we are as well fixed at LWB as we are at CB, if we are going to play 5 at the back. But let’s not be doing anything silly like playing Matt Ritchie further up the pitch. He doesn’t have the pace. Just let him compete with Willems for that LWB spot and have him on the bench if he can’t unseat him.

• The next Mike Williamson

Nov 8, 2019 at 2:37 AM

whats your suggestion rb nicky? ritchie could play there otherwise theres not much between our other three

• Nicky the ball tosser

Nov 8, 2019 at 4:27 AM

I like Manquillo. I think he’s the best of the three going both ways, and he is a good cog in the machine, but yeah, probably not a lot between them, and I’m thinking maybe Steve Bruce doesn’t much care what my thoughts on the matter are anyway. 🙂

• cyprus

Nov 8, 2019 at 4:49 AM

I’m a Yedlin fan, think he’s easily the pick of the bunch and I see clear improvement in his game.

On Ritchie, he deserves a place in the team. He made that LB position his own, but Willems is too good to leave out. Figure it out, SB. If you can’t, get back to me.

• Genjikai

Nov 8, 2019 at 5:46 AM

Just a fan

Nov 7, 2019 at 10:38 PM

I don’t recall level seven being empty at any game this season.
    Either fake news or stretching the truth

Aye it was like, seen it with my own eyes.
    It was empty the only bit that had a little bit of a crowd was next to the away fans.
    That was it.
    No stretching of the truth, not fake news.
    Sad act you like trying to discredit.
    I had a view of it all game against wolves.
    Where carltoon sits was empty aswell.
    Infact the ground probably had 37k maybe less.
    So your comment is stretching the truth or fakes news.

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 8, 2019 at 6:36 AM

Tsunki,
    Reading through the nights posts and you simply can’t debate/reason with someone who says
    “This is why I don’t buy this comment that Newcastle are a selling club anymore than I would if someone said Liverpool are a selling club”
    Then not only denies he is making a comparison but also accuses you of making it up.
    The other day he made that exasperating comment that “we don’t sell players players purely for profit” he then went on to accuse me of twisting his words. He either isn’t understanding what he’s writing himself or he’s being deliberately confrontational.

• Genjikai

Nov 8, 2019 at 6:44 AM

Just a fan
    From your discredit comment, from now on im going to take anything you comment as bullshit.
    As i seen with my own eyes that level 7 was empty.

In my mind anything you post is stretching of the truth, fake news aka bullshit.

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 8, 2019 at 6:47 AM

First I think we have to define what a selling club is. Is it any club that has sold a player, which is every club in the world or is it a club that sells a CB knowing they’ve shelled out 20M the year before for his replacement and uses the cash to fund three high quality much needed midfielders. OR, is it a club that just takes a punt on a few different bits of young talent in positions that don’t necessarily need strengthening then selling them on to be replaced with young cheap players in positions that don’t necessarily need strengthening.
    Disclaimer: Joelibton is a baffling exception to this rule.

• toon22

Nov 8, 2019 at 6:56 AM

Just a Fan is just another alt of JIB

• Genjikai

Nov 8, 2019 at 7:04 AM

Lesh
    I agree with you, ashley never sticks to his word.
    The board on the NUST know what they are doing.
    Btw, the NUST can go through the books anyway. Its part of the FSA rules, Alex Hurst has told the club this.
    Things are about to start getting interesting.

The club does not communicate under ashley.

• Nufc-83

Nov 8, 2019 at 7:14 AM

Jail well done for not posting your original twisted comment this time.

The simple question is which would clear a lot of this up is what other clubs in the PL do you consider a selling club alongside us? That would allow me to understand your definition of a selling club.

• Nufc-83

Nov 8, 2019 at 7:21 AM

You also say I am denying making the comparison to Liverpool when I never said that so thanks again for twisting my words weasel. Bleatin said something along the lines of comparing transfer trends with Liverpool. That could mean comparing sums of money spent. That could mean comparing the strategy of incoming players. No I am comparing only the fact that Liverpool have been forced to sell some of their best players for large profits. That is the only thing I am comparing nothing more or to do with the incoming players.

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 8, 2019 at 7:30 AM

Nufc-83,
    I didn’t call you a twerp or a bell end so why call me a weasel. Like I said earlier and it has just become obvious, you clearly don’t understand what you are writing, you have used Liverpool in your example, that is a comparison, no twisting of your words, they are there @your original post, in Tsunki’s post and now mine.

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 8, 2019 at 7:32 AM

@15, what was my original twisted comment?

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 8, 2019 at 7:37 AM

They can’t even get being a selling club right. We refused to buy Rondon for 16.5/17M because he was 29, yet we could have sold Gayle to Fulham for 15M but Rafa couldn’t trust them to replace him. So we end up loaning out our 29 year old for a 29 year old and are now stuck with a striker who will be 30 in the last year of his deal. Senseless.

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 8, 2019 at 7:39 AM

Instead of being stuck with a 30 year old in his prime with three years left on his deal and providing vital goals and experience to the team and squad.

• Nufc-83

Nov 8, 2019 at 7:39 AM

Well just debate the point instead of trying to score points all the time by belittling other posters. Why does it matter so much if I don’t believe we should be classed as a selling club? We should be having a bit of a laugh on here regardless of our views yet it seems if I don’t agree with you take it as a personal insult.

Your original comment was we don’t sell players for profit which then lead to people posting examples such as Gini and sissokho who both were clearly sold due to relegation and much bigger clubs coming in for them in the PL..

• Nufc-83

Nov 8, 2019 at 7:41 AM

Jail completely agree with you on Rondon it made complete sense which is clearly why our board didn’t go for it as they don’t have any sense!

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 8, 2019 at 7:50 AM

What I take as a personal insult is being constantly called a weasel. We have had several posters complaining about the childish name calling yet you are choosing to call me a weasel in every post. As I said the other day if I done the same to you the blog would descend in to a farce.

• Ron Knee

Nov 8, 2019 at 8:05 AM

Grauniad:

8) Bruce’s welcome selection headache over Newcastle defence
    Whisper it, but Steve Bruce now has an actual selection headache. The return of Florian Lejeune this week from a serious knee injury after almost a seven month-absence from first-team duty is a big boost for the Newcastle manager, even if it is the one area of the field in which he probably doesn’t currently need a boost. Newcastle’s defensive home form has been excellent with four goals conceded in six league games at St James’ Park this season, and hopes are high for the visit of Bournemouth after last week’s 3-2 away win at West Ham, where both Ciaran Clark and Federico Fernández chipped in with goals. With Fabian Schär in line to return alongside Jamaal Lascelles, suddenly Bruce has options for his three-man defence. Lejeune is short of match fitness but was one of the best players at the club last season, and it will be interesting to see who Bruce opts for at the back. MB

• Newcastle United v Bournemouth (3pm, Saturday)

• Mindshaft

Nov 8, 2019 at 8:17 AM

Don’t think there is anything particularly wrong with our selling policy, it’s the buying policy that’s wrong
    Sell on never never – buy for cash upfront
    Sell best players – replace with cheap in the hope they will come good.
    Don’t invest in infrastructure
    Lowest paid manager
    Lowest paid chairman
    Lowest paid coaching staff
    Basically that equals tread water or worse which has basically been the story of Ashley’s tenure

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 8, 2019 at 8:17 AM

Ron Knee,
    Ritchie is a right sided midfielder who made the switch to LWB quite easily, surely he could do the same at RWB. I know he was played on the other flank out of necessity but do you think he was a better LWB than Yedlin or Manquillo are at RWB?

• Nufc-83

Nov 8, 2019 at 8:20 AM

I call you a weasel because you twist words to try and score points (not just with me you have done it with 3 other posters in recent times which is why the name has been bestowed on you). If you just chose to discuss the points in question amicably instead of using these tactics the blog would be a much better place.

• Nufc-83

Nov 8, 2019 at 8:22 AM

Mindshaft that’s a much better way of putting it I agree completely.

• Nufc-83

Nov 8, 2019 at 8:23 AM

Richie at RWB is very interesting as I certainly would not be dropping Willems for him.

• The next Mike Williamson

Nov 8, 2019 at 8:25 AM

I was just about to post the same Jail. I think with our lack of goals his crosses from deep would certainly help. I’ve been a Ritchie critic in the past, but last year he created 8 I believe after we converted him to LWB. Any little helps at the moment and I’m sure Joelinton would appreciate a few extra crosses.

• Nufc-83

Nov 8, 2019 at 8:30 AM

In terms of our RBs I like Yedlin and think he gets a lot of unjust criticism. Manquillo was playing the best football of his life in pre season. Craft has been pretty poor since arriving. I would certainly take Richie for his crossing ability and leadership qualities over all of the above.

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 8, 2019 at 8:34 AM

Mindshaft,
    I pointed out this example the other day. We did not have a left back going in to that season finishing fifth or many fit CB’s. Pieters, who was adept in both positions was on the verge of signing, I remember Ando on total sport telling us it was a done deal. Next thing we know we’re signing an injured Santon because he might be worth a fortune down the line, he brought nothing to the team and we were forced to play with a right sided midfielder at LB who got skinned time and time again, how we managed that unbeaten run was nothing short of a miracle. We were desperate for full backs and center backs the season after but they bought Mbwia and forced him in to a position he wasn’t suited to because he was “purple”. This is my biggest fear of having a patsy like Bruce in, he’s doing ok with a defence built by Rafa and a forward line dismantled and rebuilt by Churnley, what’s going to happen when Churnley dismantled the defence, we’ve already seen Krafth come in, who was clearly somebody’s choice down a list. We don’t even know if there is a buy out clause for Willems.

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 8, 2019 at 8:47 AM

Nufc-83,
    Having three posters I’ve got no time for call me a weasel is not having a name bestowed on me. I’ve seen you called a twerp and bell end by a few different posters, is that what you are now known as?, who the foot are you to bestow a name on me.

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 8, 2019 at 8:51 AM

Nufc-83,
    I don’t believe I did twist your words, you used Liverpool pool as a comparison, I don’t know how you can’t see that.

• IrishRob

Nov 8, 2019 at 9:29 AM

Rise and shine Neil, a young lad like you in bed until this hour is a crime!!

• bettyswallocks

Nov 8, 2019 at 9:36 AM

TNMW………….. I agree even though I think you’re a stoat that Ritchie will help supply more ammo to our front lads who desperately need to start scoring.

• posada

Nov 8, 2019 at 9:37 AM

Level 7 was NOT empty against Wolves.
    Pockets of empty seats over it’s whole length yes.

• posada

Nov 8, 2019 at 9:40 AM

To stay away or not to stay away.
    I won’t use the B word.
    This will always be linked to performance.

However bad Ashley is if we were 5th in the table we’d have a near full house.