web analytics

Newcastle Winter Target To Mull Contract Offer During Break

Hull City’s Jarrod Bowen has started his third season in the Championship much the way he ended his previous two – by scoring a lot of goals. Bowen is on a 4 game goal streak and has 10 so far this season.

Last year, the winger scored 22 goals and is fast closing in on 50 for his career.

Bowen was a top target for Newcastle this past summer but his £20m valuation was deemed too high by Steve Bruce and Newcastle.

However, with Bowen’s contract running only until 2021 if an extension is triggered by Hull City, Newcastle could make a move in January for the very talented 22-year-old.

Jarrod Bowen– will he sign his new deal?

Two weeks ago, Bowen was offered a new three-year contract by Hull City. Hull are doing very well in the Championship and have exceeded expectations so far.

They are currently in 11th but just 3 points out of the playoff places. A lot of that has to do with the form of Bowen.

Hull City and their fans are obviously feeling angst right now over Jarrod’s contract offer. If he does not sign the deal, he likely will be off either in January or next summer.

Bowen has recently spoken about his situation and has yet to consider the new contract. He is instead concentrating on playing football and continuing to put in the performances for Hull.

However, it seems as though the next two weeks will play a crucial role in Jarrod’s decision. Speaking to the Hull Daily Mail, this is what Bowen had to say about his new contract offer:

“I try not to let anything distract me. My focus is all on the pitch and I know I have people around me who do my work off the pitch.

“I put my trust in them and let them do that and hopefully they put their trust into me with what I do on the pitch.

“The offer’s obviously been made but my agents always keep everything away from me.

“They don’t want it to play on my mind because the way I am at the minute they want me to continue in this form especially where we are in the league and the results that we’ve had.

“I let them take care of that and then we’ll go into the international break, speak about it and see where we go from there.”

It looks like the Bowen transfer saga can go in two divergent paths over the next few weeks. If he meets with his representatives and likes what he sees, he could then be tied down at Hull for the foreseeable future.

That will likely end Newcastle’s interest in the winger as his fee would presumably be much higher than £20m.

However, if Jarrod delays and remains on his current deal, then the speculation will continue to ramp up over the next two months.

Bowen does seem happy at Hull at the moment and that will play a role in his decision. However, he is bound and determined to be a Premier League player at some point in his career:

“I’m very happy here. This is my third year of playing consecutively in the Championship which is very good and I’ve played over 100 games now for Hull so I’m enjoying my football.

“I’ve played a lot of games and especially the way we are at the minute. We’re doing well.

“So we have to continue that and if we can win this week to put us in that promotion place which is what we want – to achieve those dreams of getting into the Premier League – then everyone will be happy.”

We don’t think that Bowen is in any hurry to sign his new contract with Hull. It makes perfect sense for him to weigh his options this winter and next summer.

Bowen is an intriguing prospect for Newcastle as he is a natural finisher who can play on the wing or in front of goal. If he is not signed up long-term by January, we hope Newcastle will make a move to bring him to St James Park.

How Will Newcastle Do Against Bournemouth On Saturday?

• Win (63%, 727 )
  • Draw (22%, 256 )
  • Lose (14%, 163 )

Total Voters: 1,146

Loading ... Loading ...

• Just a fan

Nov 8, 2019 at 10:58 AM

Gen
    Your agenda is a boycott.
    You are more likely to doctor the figures to suit your agenda.
    The truth will without.
    I hope.

• Asi Fish

Nov 8, 2019 at 11:00 AM

Not even reading this article.

Until the linked players are in the tunnel, holding the Toon shirt and sharing cabbage with SB they are just another imaginary friend.

• posada

Nov 8, 2019 at 11:01 AM

B&W blood
    Nov 8, 2019 at 10:42 AM
    I sit in level 7 at gallowgate end and it was at least 80 to 90 percent full at gallowgate to halfway side
    ****************************
    Thank you. Lots of gaps yes.
    Empty – No.

• posada

Nov 8, 2019 at 11:03 AM

Genjikai
    Calling fellow supporters Bullshitters just about sums you up.

If you delight in empty seats why the hell were you there.
    That was one less empty seat.

You missed me by the way. When they spoke to you about your banner I was the old git shouting Lock Him Up !

• Bills Son Is Back

Nov 8, 2019 at 11:04 AM

Jail,

Yep, Ryan Taylor at RB was another example.

Not claiming I’m to be compared with pro’s but although I was naturally right footed I could dribble, shoot and pass well with my left.

I played in every single position (including once keeping former NUFC and Brighton GK Eric Steele out of the house GK team at school) except LB. That was the one position where my weakness at tackling with my left foot made me a poor player.

That’s why I’d always go for right footers at RB and left footers at LB.

• Rotonda heights

Nov 8, 2019 at 11:12 AM

jib calls jail a weasel, ergo 83 calls jail a weasel. would 83 have called jail a weasel otherwise?

• Genjikai

Nov 8, 2019 at 11:14 AM

Through the magpie group twitter account i have provided photo evidence of attendances, sent in through people on this blog, funnily enough.

The proof is there to make your own mind up.

In fact ive never once doctored the attendance figure to suit my agenda (un like the club and posada on here)

Remember when posada was banging on about a sell out stadium, turns out 10000 stayed away couldnt of been more wrong could you.

Feeble attempts to discredit by just a fan and posada.

What info that i have gave out on here has been wrong?
    Everything i said that was going to come to fruition has.

Make your own mind up who the liars and manipulators are on here, my only agenda is the betterment of Newcastle, ive made that clear from the start.

• Genjikai

Nov 8, 2019 at 11:21 AM

Posada
    Saying someone is spreading fake news is a different way of saying bullshitter.
    You have called many people liars on here indirectly so you are calling a fellow fan bullshitters just about sums you up in your own words.
    Infact youve called posters much worse.

Lock him up , ha fool what law have i broke?
    Just shows how much of a tool you are.

What interaction took place between me and the stewards then?

• cyprus

Nov 8, 2019 at 11:36 AM

Bills, admirable my man. Even most pros can only dribble with their favoured foot. Most of them can control and shoot well with the unfavoured, but not dribble.

Me too, the latter 🙂

• Australian Pie

Nov 8, 2019 at 11:40 AM

The endless bickering on here, ramble ramble ramble.

Thinking we pull a 2-1 win tomorrow. Think its the time Joelinton and ASM play a bit closer and work some opportunities for JL to shoot.

Schar not as big as a loss this week as I am. Sure we will stick with Shelvey starting who will be our playmaker

• Just a fan

Nov 8, 2019 at 11:41 AM

Gen
    Who am I trying to discredit.
    I did say It was my opinion which I think I’m allowed.
    If I’m wrong I’m wrong.

• lochinvar

Nov 8, 2019 at 12:05 PM

Strawberry Place

Daniel Holland @danhollandnews
    Council officer summing up now. Says “glimpse views of St James’ retained from key locations including Tyne Bridge”

Tragic understatement – what guff.
    Just popping up more boxes, no design aesthetic whatsoever.

Adds that “the developer believes the project doesn’t prevent any feasible expansion of the stadium”

Well then the Councillors can confirm that in their Planning Strategy with legally binding assurances and be held to account if they ever try to prevent or decline expansion of SJP either during Ashley’s reign or his successor.

Councillors will of course enshrine that in the agreement and put their names to that statement….as it’s obviously not a problem. It’s called ‘ownership’ of a situation. Won’t they ?

With this seemingly lack of transparency, accountability and perceived lack of any imaginative planning and appalling architecture you could be forgiven for recalling memories of the days of T Dan Smith and Poulson when the City’s skyline was blighted.

No vision.

Where are the Greenham Common folk and Extinction Rebellion folk when you need them ?

• boss hoggs atm

Nov 8, 2019 at 12:09 PM

Bournemouth win tomorrow, we won’t do back to back wins under this mis-management team all season

• cyprus

Nov 8, 2019 at 12:16 PM

We’ll still be ok if we do alternating wins all season 🙂

That’ll be another 54 points.

• DubaiMicky

Nov 8, 2019 at 12:17 PM

lochinver – plans approved I’ve just heard?

• Ron Knee

Nov 8, 2019 at 12:19 PM

Plans approved
    Councillors vote 7-3 in favour of the plans after a hearing lasting two-and-a-half hours

• Bleatin' n Bruced

Nov 8, 2019 at 12:26 PM

The reality is that planning approval was never in doubt from the moment it was submitted. Major developers present compelling arguments for the desirability of their projects that include proposals designed to massage all the possible aches and pains the local authority think might come of it.

Looking forward now to the disruption caused by the construction process – that’ll be great won’t it?