web analytics

Thirty-Year-Old Has Suffered Concerning Set-Back In Training

Steve Bruce has confirmed that both Fabian Schar and Matt Ritchie will be ruled out of the Bournemouth match tomorrow.

The situation with Fabian is not too serious despite him missing what will be his third match in a row. We would hope that he does not feature for Switzerland in the internationals next week. They face Georgia next Friday and Gibraltar the following Monday.

However, the concern has to be with Matt Ritchie, who has still not fully recovered from his ankle injury. He recently had a procedure done on the ankle to clean it out and was seen at training the following week.

However, he has suffered a reaction in training and it is starting to become a concern for the head coach.

This is what Bruce had to say about Fabian and Matt as reported by Lee Ryder.

With the international break coming up after tomorrow’s match, both Fabian and Matt will have a couple of weeks to recover before we travel to face Aston Villa on November 25th.

Newcastle have had Jetro Willems come in and play outstanding at left wing-back. So we are not in dire straights without Ritchie at the moment. However, that can change in an instant if Jetro gets injured.

As far as Schar goes, we are in similar place as Fede Fernandez has played very will in his absence. We also have a lot of depth at the position. However, Fabian has been our best player this season and his ability to carry the ball from the back is something that Fernandez does not bring.

How Will Newcastle Do Against Bournemouth On Saturday?

• Win (63%, 727 )
  • Draw (22%, 256 )
  • Lose (14%, 163 )

Total Voters: 1,146

Loading ... Loading ...

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 8, 2019 at 9:53 AM

• IrishRob

Nov 8, 2019 at 9:57 AM

The whole country think were deluded, because we are. Delusion amongst other things brings hope. It also makes us look hella stupid though!

• Bills Son Is Back

Nov 8, 2019 at 10:13 AM

I’m not sure about playing Ritchie as a RWB.

He’s left footed, which is fine if you are playing as a right sided forward as you can cut inside the FB, deliver in swinging crosses and take shots.

The problem defensively is you get exposed on your weaker right foot when it comes to tacking and you naturally show players inside onto your stronger left foot, and that’s the wrong way to show them.

Ritchie makes a good defensive LWB because he’s on his natural side defensively and he can still use his attacking instincts to get forward. He wouldn’t be the same player at RWB imo.

The one position where I would always have left and right footed players in at LB and RB.

Santon was the classic example of how exposed a right footed player can get playing at LB. The oppo used to allow him to make those runs over the half way line, show him inside onto his right foot, dispossess him and hit it straight into the acres of space he’d left. We got done time and again with that one and it amazed me that he kept his place for so long.

It’s a tough one for Bruce, but for me Ritchie has to vie with Willems for that LWB spot, nothing else.

• Genjikai

Nov 8, 2019 at 10:14 AM

Posada just a fan
    Yous both need your eyes testing, maybe thats why you dont see that ashley is annialhiting everything to do with nufc.
    Level.7 was empty,.Chris waugh even wrote about it.
    Get a grip why are yous trying to change facts?

• Genjikai

Nov 8, 2019 at 10:15 AM

Amazing posada
    Your another bullshitter on this blog.
    Did you enjoy my banner, or did that not happen either?
    I would of been sitting very close to you at wolves match.

• Bills Son Is Back

Nov 8, 2019 at 10:17 AM

Level 7 was almost empty, no getting away from that, and the big gaps in the rest of SJP were a sad sight.

Hopefully a couple more exciting performances and wins like WH will get some of the missing fans back.

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 8, 2019 at 10:18 AM

Good point Bills Son is Back but Ryan Taylor who is right footed also got skinned many times at LB.

• Genjikai

Nov 8, 2019 at 10:20 AM

Bill son.
    Thank you, for confirming that.
    It makes me wonder if posada even goes to the match.
    Again another one that trys to discredit what is real.
    Aka bullshitter.

• Just a fan

Nov 8, 2019 at 10:20 AM

Genjikay
    Sad act here.bit of childish name-calling there.
    In my opinion there was a lot more than 37 thousand there.i may be right I may be wrong but I’m entitled to an opinion.
    You have an agenda on here which you blindly stick to that’s fair enough.but you have to be accountable.
    You have your project which I’m sure your happy with so good luck.

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 8, 2019 at 10:21 AM

geordietom,
    Not only will it stop any stadium expansion but will remain for hundreds of years as a monument to Mike Ashley’s greed and lack of ambition.

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 8, 2019 at 10:23 AM

There is no doubt in my mind that for a 10M profit or less Ashley would relocate us to a 30K stadium near the airport that would always be full.

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 8, 2019 at 10:24 AM

Just a fan,
    The police figures show that there was 37K there, maybe you should take it up with them!

• RobLeenio

Nov 8, 2019 at 10:26 AM

Jail “People honestly discussing whether we should go for Xaaha or not depending on our league position. No wonder half the country think we’re deluded.”

Personally, I’d rather talk footy on here than bicker, moan, whinge and snipe at my fellow posters 24/7.

Maybe that’s just me.

• Just a fan

Nov 8, 2019 at 10:29 AM

Did we see your banner.yes.well you advertised it plenty.
    Just surprised it wasn’t headlines in the sun.

• Genjikai

Nov 8, 2019 at 10:33 AM

Just a fan
    Didnt advertise it once.

Infact it was a last minute split decision to go in with it.

What i did say was before the match i would be outside sjp with banner and handing out leaflets advising people to object to strawberry development.

Again fake news spreading by yourself.

• geordietom

Nov 8, 2019 at 10:34 AM

jail …

the point is if the building work gets the go a head it will take away the brilliant view of ST JAMES PARK , what will people see when visiting the city more high rise buildings , pure greed on Ashley’s part …

• Just a fan

Nov 8, 2019 at 10:34 AM

Jail.
    Sorry but saw with my own eyes.
    If you think there was 37 k there fine.
    I saw a lot more than 37 k
    You want to believe the police over a fan that was there.thats ok.
    I may be right I may be wrong.just my opinion.

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 8, 2019 at 10:34 AM

RobLeenio,
    Me too, but bickering and moaning is surely more relevant than discussing buying a 40M rated 27 year old on 100K a week depending on whether or not we look like being relegated.

• Genjikai

Nov 8, 2019 at 10:35 AM

Geordietom
    As jail says, it will be an ever lasting monument to ashley to destorys our city skyline for ever.
    A constant reminder of greed.

• Genjikai

Nov 8, 2019 at 10:37 AM

Just a fan
    I was a fan that was there and i agree with the report.
    You said level 7 wasnt empty it was.
    Your not making a very good case for yourself here like.

• geordietom

Nov 8, 2019 at 10:37 AM

genji …

yep as i said pure greed …

• hibbit

Nov 8, 2019 at 10:38 AM

Just a fan
    it was your mate jib that first put the 37k attendance figure up, he said it was the actual police entrance figure, bums on seats not tickets sold, and it came from a reliable source, up to that point most peoples guesstimate was 40k.

• Genjikai

Nov 8, 2019 at 10:40 AM

Geordie tom
    Hopefully the nusts latest lawyer letter, gives us more time to lodge more objections by postponing the decision.
    This needs to be a big effort made by mags, family and friends all over.
    The time to act is now or this will become a reality.
    They think being able to glimpse through a building to see sjp is acceptable.

• B&W blood

Nov 8, 2019 at 10:42 AM

I sit in level 7 at gallowgate end and it was at least 80 to 90 percent full at gallowgate to halfway side

• Just a fan

Nov 8, 2019 at 10:46 AM

Yes gib put that figure up and now everybody jumps on it.
    Gen
    I’m not here to make a case for myself
    I’m not a lawyer
    Its just my opinion..a different one to you.you stick to your figure I will stick to what I saw.
    You Will win because you will drone on and I will soon get sick.

• Just a fan

Nov 8, 2019 at 10:48 AM

Gen
    How did I see you banner.
    It was on here. You telling people.
    Look at me and my banner.

• geordietom

Nov 8, 2019 at 10:52 AM

what i can gather is they are asking to defer it till december , they should be asking to defer it indefinitely.

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 8, 2019 at 12:26 PM

Just a fan,
    Do you think the police said to one and other, how many do you think are hear today PC Plod, I reckon 39K guv, no way Plod, more like 35K I’m not having that says PC Murdoch, why not go for 37K. Aye, decided, now let’s go for a pint.
    The police figures are the official figures the ground have to give so the police know how many are in there. Jeezus wept!