web analytics

Newcastle Against Bournemouth – Poll Result, Predictions, and Injuries

Here is the team we predict Steve Bruce will send out for today’s match against Bournemouth. It is an unchanged side from the 2-3 win at West Ham last weekend.

We don’t think Steve Bruce will tinker with the squad for this game. The lads had their best all-around performance last weekend despite conceding two late goals.

He will also have the same players available to him for selection as today is too soon for the three who were out last weekend. Sean Longstaff will also miss out once again due to his red card suspension.

Bournemouth have quite a few injuries and a suspension to deal with. Midfielder Jefferson Lerma will face a one-match suspension due to his accumulation of yellow cards. Former-Magpie Dan Gosling will be a late fitness test. Dan has yet to play this season due to July hip surgery.

Newcastle Injuries

Florian Lejeune – knee, Matt Ritchie – ankle, Fabian Schar – knee

Bournemouth Injuries

David Brooks – ankle, Andrew Surman – knee, Charlie Daniels – knee, Junior Stanislas – knee, Dan Gosling – hip (late fitness test)

Our poll results show that a vast majority of fans think Newcastle can get consecutive wins for the first time this season. Of the 1,146 votes, 727 believe the lads will secure all three points this afternoon. Only 14% of the votes cast had Newcastle losing this match, with 22% thinking the teams will share the points. Though we think a draw will be a big letdown.

How Will Newcastle Do Against Bournemouth On Saturday?

• Win (63%, 727 )
  • Draw (22%, 256 )
  • Lose (14%, 163 )

Total Voters: 1,146

Loading ... Loading ...

Newcastle are only 4 points behind the seventh-place Cherries in the table. So three points could see Newcastle gain a few places. We likely won’t break into the top ten, but we’ll be perched very close.

PosTeamGamesGDPoints
10Burnley12-115
11Brighton12-215
12Crystal Palace12-615
13Newcastle12-715
14Tottenham12114
15Everton12-514

• jane

Nov 9, 2019 at 11:56 AM

“or grounds being enclosed in a hermetically sealed bubbles.”

like the teams that will play on the moon and mars until an atmosphere is created.

• jane

Nov 9, 2019 at 11:58 AM

“The big question is will we get rid of Jabba before the sun goes supernova. The race is on…..”

toon22 is an expert on both subjects

• Essex Geordie Bill

Nov 9, 2019 at 12:00 PM

Lilongwe

I’m assuming that your parting comment last night about me really wanting to see the club playing at The Gateshead Stadium was tongue in cheek, I certainly wasn’t trying to give that impression.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Nov 9, 2019 at 12:03 PM

Good morning Neil

No apologies for the repost!

unused substitute

In answer to your question re. oxygen depletion in the Earths atmosphere, It’ll probably mean that players might have to play in oxygen masks or grounds being enclosed in a hermetically sealed bubble.

Of course the big clubs like Bournemouth, Brighton and Burnley will have better sealant capacities given them an unfair advantage on the playing field.

Hope this answers your question.

• JohnJ

Nov 9, 2019 at 12:05 PM

Here’s hoping we get three points today!

• Essex Geordie Bill

Nov 9, 2019 at 12:07 PM

Jane

The sun probably will not go supernova as it’s a bit like Carltoon, petite. As I understand it’s only the really big Suns that go Supernova, over to you toon22

• Essex Geordie Bill

Nov 9, 2019 at 12:08 PM

Bladey there’s 2 hours 51 minutes to KO!

• Bills Son Is Back

Nov 9, 2019 at 12:11 PM

Unlike the whinging, negging, boycotting, Bruce bashers on this blog I’m setting off for the match hoping for a a big crowd, a good performance, a winning display and perhaps even a few chants for Bruce if we are 2 or 3 up.

I also see Lascelles has said the squad think Bruce is a good, genuine guy, who they have a lot of respect for and they are all desperate to do well for him.

And, even if we draw or get beat, unlike the screamers on here I won’t come on negging away, throwing the towel in and shouting “we are doomed, doomed a tell ya”.

HWTL.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Nov 9, 2019 at 12:12 PM

In the Toon training pics it looks like Dubs is using a bottle of flavoured water as a meditation aid!

• geordietom

Nov 9, 2019 at 12:13 PM

this is for toon22 …

• Essex Geordie Bill

Nov 9, 2019 at 12:16 PM

Bills son

But we will be doomed.

Woe, woe and thrice woe.

• toon22

Nov 9, 2019 at 12:18 PM

Yes that’s true
    Our sun is too small to go supernova
    As it ages it will change colour and get hotter until , as the theory goes , it eventually starts to create Iron from its fusion process
    At that point it will expand and consume the earth before it shrinks back to a super dense ball
    It won’t explode or become a black hole
    As ever it’s just a theory backed up by observations of similar stars

• Bleatin' n Bruced

Nov 9, 2019 at 12:19 PM

Bills son you’re beefing up the “negative contingent” and confusing them with the “reality contingent” who see the long term bigger picture. You are – and I’m not deprecating you in this it’s just part of human nature – part of the “I’m happy just to go along for the craic, the day out and the entertainment such as it is and as long as the team turns out I don’t care about tomorrow contingent”. Don’t keep harping on about there being divisive camps your more likely creating them yourself.

• toon22

Nov 9, 2019 at 12:20 PM

It’s likely Jabba will own the toon until that point

• Essex Geordie Bill

Nov 9, 2019 at 12:20 PM

But being serious, it would depend on the nature of the defeat, if we get bad reffing decisions or the team just lie down and roll over then there will be a lot of negative reactions.

I doubt that the latter will happen but poor reffing seems to part of our legacy.

• toon22

Nov 9, 2019 at 12:21 PM

He wants us all to be happy is destroying our club
    The “ let’s be positive “ brigade

Sadly is utterly an deluded opinion

• Bleatin' n Bruced

Nov 9, 2019 at 12:22 PM

Tbf whether we are destroying the earth or not it makes little difference until greed is trumped by desperation. Our descendants will probably for one reason or another have to figure out how to take desperate action to stop their own extinction but for sure the coming generations will do very little about it because the effects don’t concern them personally. Human nature.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Nov 9, 2019 at 12:28 PM

At which point St James Park could well be the site for ‘The Restaurant At The End Of The Universe’ and Jabba might be on the Menu! 🙂

Mmmmmm, try the belly fat, it’s really filling and tasty and has been nurtured by a lifetime of Greggs pasty’s.

• Bleatin' n Bruced

Nov 9, 2019 at 12:31 PM

Just coming back to the shop being redeveloped, out of town stadium theory (nufc83 you can play with the brio train set at the back again for this) while it seems improbable I would never put impossible on it.

Think about the back room shenanigans as developers, council, Ashley etc get their heads together on a grand plan that will reap all concerned huge dividends. All that will be required to sell it is winning hearts and minds to the idea of a fine new stadium with better, chesper, car parking and transport links and facilities which will attract other sporting and musical events, part funded by grants, council easements on rates and such, council negotiates new lease terms with developer whose client is paying top money for prime city land smack bang in lucrative student and uni campusville, high rise high rent shoeboxes printing cash day and night… Lots of back slapping and envelope swapping. Far easier to push than you imagine. Forget the idea of sjp being a sacred cathedral, all that can be swayed away – it’s been done many times, you just have to make the new place essentially look like you are getting out of a dump. Not hard.

• jane

Nov 9, 2019 at 12:34 PM

Bleatin’ n Bruced have you thought of going into politics?

• Bants

Nov 9, 2019 at 12:36 PM

gtom #10

As you don’t believe 22 has ever been to a match or indeed the city I thought you would have chosen ‘Don’t look back in anger’ as it contains the apt line “Gonna start a revolution from my bed”!

• Essex Geordie Bill

Nov 9, 2019 at 12:36 PM

BnB

Yep we have a prime example just down the road from us! 😉

• Bants

Nov 9, 2019 at 12:39 PM

….. ” in my Mam’s spare room in Hemel Hemp-stead”

Ok, where’s me coat?

• Bleatin' n Bruced

Nov 9, 2019 at 12:40 PM

Jane. No.

• Nufc-83

Nov 9, 2019 at 12:44 PM

Bleatin Ashley could also wage a nuclear war on the Geordie population and blow the stadium to bits!

Imagining things is fun what else can we discuss?

• Bills Son Is Back

Nov 9, 2019 at 12:53 PM

Bleatin.. you say about me… “I’m happy just to go along for the craic, the day out and the entertainment such as it is and as long as the team turns out I don’t care about tomorrow contingent”.

You couldn’t be more wrong.

I went to my first match in 1961 and I can honestly say that supporting NUFC has given me some of the most gut wrenching days of my life, I’ve watched us lose three FA Cup finals, a semi final, a League Cup final, have the Prem snatched from the jaws of victory by Man U and Rafa leaving to name but a few.

I still hate losing any game and it’s only in the last 20 years that I’ve succeeded in not letting that affect my mood for the whole weekend.

The craic, entertaining football and the rest is of nothing compared to seeing us win. That’s why I go to support NUFC… to see us WIN. Nothing else matters. Entertaining football is totally secondary to winning, but if we can get both, great.

And, of course I care about tomorrow.

I’m 66 and desperately want to see NUFC win trophies in my lifetime. I’m lucky to have seen one, the Fairs Cip in 1969, but I’d swallow hot coals to see us win an FA Cup or League Cup or, pray God, the Prem.

There may well be the ‘prawn sandwich’ brigade who go to matches for the day out.

But I’m not one of them. And never will be.

• geordietom

Nov 9, 2019 at 1:34 PM

bants #21…

very good mate , never thought of that one …

• Unused Substitute

Nov 9, 2019 at 2:05 PM

RE Strawberry Place, is it worthwhile trying goto court?