web analytics

Fans Want Star Signed Permanently But He Is In No Rush

Jetro Willems put on some display yesterday. His performance covered the spectrum of what a modern wing-back should be. Willems showed pace, power, intelligence, passing range, and a shot with either foot.

Newcastle have the 25-year-old on loan from Eintracht Frankfurt until the end of this season. There is also an option to make the deal a permanent one for about £10m. At the moment, that amount is looking like a steal.

We have to wonder what Jetro is thinking at the moment. He surely is enjoying his run of first-team games. However, he was coy when asked about his future recently.

This past week the Chronicle had a report with a comment from Willems about joining the Magpies on a permanent basis. This is what Jetro had to say:

“It is not a big deal now. We are in November. It is the 11th game and we have a long time to go and I don’t want to think about it.

“It is not my priority. Of course at the end of the season, but now I just want to enjoy football and get some wins.”

We understand Jetro’s sentiment that he is concentrating on his football and there really is no need to rush on his part.

The Dutchman’s form since coming into the side for Matt Ritchie has been eye-opening. If he can continue to play at this level, that could catapult him into the ranks of the best left-backs in the league.

A full season of these types of displays will certainly put him in the same discussion as Andy Robertson, Ben Chilwell, Lucas Digne, Marcos Alonso, and Benjamin Mendy et al.

However, we hope that Newcastle can sign Willems up permanently and the sooner the better. Judging from some of the responses to Jetro’s performance yesterday, we are not the only ones.

• Mindshaft

Nov 10, 2019 at 8:18 PM

It’s more shocking that Leicester are 2nd , Rodgers may be an arrogant self obsessed idiot but he’s a decent coach and has them playing really good attacking football – bet Perez can’t believe his luck !

• Essex Geordie Bill

Nov 10, 2019 at 8:20 PM

Mindshaft

Yeah cheers, I’m aware of that, it’s the living another 7 years that worries me, probably will but nothings certain.

If the IHT is messed with we will certainly have to do something though.

• posada

Nov 10, 2019 at 8:20 PM

Capitalism.
    It can never be fair.
    Some folks will always drop out of it and fair badly.

However, for now ( I don’t think it will go on forever ) it creates the wealth that keeps most of us reasonably well off.

Better than the 60’s, 70’s etc I would say.

Go back further, the 1930’s and you had real poverty. My old Uncle tried to explain the 30’s to me. How they had literally nowt and had to make use of everything. Each kid had a jam jar to use as a glass as they could not afford to buy such things.

He said I can’t ever explain it to you. He said I’m 82 years old. The other day as I walked down the street I saw a brand new screw lying on the path next to a wall. I could not bring myself to walk past it. I had to pick it up. That’s how we were conditioned to be. We had to use everything.

• Jib

Nov 10, 2019 at 8:26 PM

Bill
    I’m available for adoption

• Essex Geordie Bill

Nov 10, 2019 at 8:28 PM

Posada

What each kid had their own jam jar, they were lucky we had one for the whole street, which the rich kids(relatively speaking) got 1st use of, eeeh those were the days.

• posada

Nov 10, 2019 at 8:29 PM

The Wife
    Not a straight red surely.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Nov 10, 2019 at 8:31 PM

posada

Even now I find myself looking in skips as I walk past them for decent wood etc. my missus pretends she’s not with me. 🙂

• Essex Geordie Bill

Nov 10, 2019 at 8:32 PM

Jib

Are you house trained?

• posada

Nov 10, 2019 at 8:33 PM

Mindshaft/Swemag
    Cheers and will do.

If anyone is interested in all that have a look at a book called Tax Havens and the Men Who Stole the World.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Nov 10, 2019 at 8:35 PM

It’s amazing what people do chuck out, I built a load of decking from scaffold boards that my neighbour was chucking out, bloody good job if I say so myself.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Nov 10, 2019 at 8:39 PM

If we are getting into conspiracy theories look no further than the Knights Templar for financial skulduggery.

• Jib

Nov 10, 2019 at 8:42 PM

Bill
    I need assistance wiping my ass after a vindaloo

• geordietom

Nov 10, 2019 at 8:43 PM

going on about recycling , i hired a skip the other week as soon as i put stuff in it, it was gone people will take owt . dont know if anyone has the same problem been married 39 years at christmas , why do we keep stuff 50 vhs tapes a video recorder loads of scart wires ect ect . think it was a case of ill keep that it will come in handy . we found 4 gold rings 2 chains a Cartier watch never chucked them in the skip …

• posada

Nov 10, 2019 at 8:43 PM

Essex
    My Dad was a hoarder.
    As I get older I am getting more like him.
    My Mother used to chuck stuff out. He’d wait a day or so and when she was not looking he’d bring it back in again.
    Eighteen months later my Mam would have another clear out and guess what ?

• Jib

Nov 10, 2019 at 8:44 PM

Other than that I’m fairly clean

• geordietom

Nov 10, 2019 at 8:45 PM

EGB …

i’ll go with the Illuminati…

• geordietom

Nov 10, 2019 at 8:49 PM

jib have to ask you been away again mate???…

• Jib

Nov 10, 2019 at 8:54 PM

Yeah
    Spain for a few days
    Invited to a few end of season do’s
    Now I’m fat as butter after a few gala dinners in
    various hotels

• Jib

Nov 10, 2019 at 8:55 PM

and the weather was lush
    I’m finding England v cold and believing
    the hard winter forecasts

• Jib

Nov 10, 2019 at 8:57 PM

never mind I’m back in Andalucia in a couple of weeks

• Nicky the ball tosser

Nov 10, 2019 at 9:00 PM

The most remarkable Yedlin goal was straight out of the pages of “You Are The Ref”, never mind “Roy of the Rovers”. Yedlin appears centimeters offside when St Max takes the shot, but by the time it flicks off the defender he’s onside, and the deflection changes the direction of the ball and slows it down sufficiently to enable the incredibly swift wing back to miraculously get his head onto the ball and power it home, to muted celebration from the player and teammates who all felt uncertain it would be given.That’s one in the plus column for VAR right there, because to the naked eye that looked like it had to be offside.

• Hail Wor Ashley

Nov 10, 2019 at 9:02 PM

Posada

Those periods you mention we still lived under capitalism. Now we live under hyper-capitalism and crony-capitalism, where the system has become so polarised, the wealthiest so wealthy there is no jeopardy and the poorest so poor there is no hope they can ever get out of grinding poverty. Once you have money it’s easier to make more of it, so the difference over time between top and bottom has become so accentuated it’s now locked in place.

Socialism is simply about closing that divide and giving everybody a fair chance to prosper. It says, at what point is it enough that it becomes obscene? At what point should we redistribute for the common good, ask for a little more from those who can, to create a healthier, more united, stable and relaxed society? Scandinavian countries are always near the top of well-being metrics because they recognise the good tilting the table a little the other way does.

• Pain in the Blog

Nov 10, 2019 at 9:07 PM

Essex Geordie Bill #42′

“What you can also do is gift each of your children up to £3k each year tax free, which we pretty well do.”

It is my understanding that you and your wife can each give up to £3,000 per year in tax-free gifts without them being added to the value of your estate. That has to be shared between however many recipients. In addition, you can give as many gifts of up to £250 per person as you want during the tax year as long as you have not used another exemption on the same person.

If you’ve only got two children then it would be the same but not, I think, if you have more.

See https://www.gov.uk/inheritance-tax/gifts

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 10, 2019 at 9:08 PM

Jib’s back, we’ll be seeing less of jane now, what a shame 🙁

• Essex Geordie Bill

Nov 10, 2019 at 9:33 PM

Jib

Who doesn’t?

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 10, 2019 at 9:46 PM

martoon,
    If you’re about, I cracked the top ten tonight, sitting in eigth place, and today’s point I might add 😀

• lesh

Nov 10, 2019 at 10:59 PM

Essex
    @16

‘….but i do feel that B**** is a little more transparent and obvious than C***** and therefore more likely to be telling a….’

Is there an emoji for PMSL…. Ye jest surely. Unbelievable – do you keep up with the news? The
    uncouth lout doesn’t know truth from fiction!