web analytics

Report – Two London Giants Join Newcastle In Scouting Senegalese Striker

Earlier this month, Newcastle were reported to be watching Metz striker Habib Diallo.

The original report was that Newcastle and Leicester City had scouts attend Metz’s October 19th match against Nantes. During that match, the Senegalese striker scored his 7th goal of the season.

The Sun are now reporting that both Chelsea and Tottenham have joined the fray for the 24-year-old.

The latest report says that in addition to Newcastle and Leicester City, both Spurs and Chelsea have had scouts watching Diallo this season.

Habib Diallo– Newcastle face competition for Ligue 1 hitman

Diallo has scored 8 goals in his 13 League 1 appearances this term and is reportedly rated at £10m. He scored 26 goals in 37 games in Ligue 2 last season as Metz jumped straight back up after getting relegated the season before.

Newcastle have been linked with a few strikers heading into the January window. RB Leipzig’s Yussuf Poulsen and Lille’s Victor Osimhen are two of the more prominent links. However, both would command fees well beyond Newcastle’s reported £20m kitty for the winter window.

While Diallo is a more reasonable prospect, we are not too sure of the winter window will bring. Steve Bruce has, for the most part, downplayed any talk of incomings at the moment.

Newcastle have found some attacking form of late with 5 goals in the last 2 matches after scoring just 6 in the first 10. However, most of those goals have come from the defense.

The front three are getting more of the chances which were sorely lacking earlier this campaign. A lot is going to depend on how they perform over the next nine games until the window opens on January 1st.

• IrishRob

Nov 11, 2019 at 7:58 PM

Oof stop it daddy!!

• Munster Mag

Nov 11, 2019 at 8:04 PM

Ah hadaway rob man!! 🙂

• bettyswallocks

Nov 11, 2019 at 8:08 PM

bettyswallocks
    Nov 11, 2019 at 8:03 PM
    Munster ……… It must be a strain for you trying to follow three forms of football and still give a balanced opinion, particularly when one version incorporates aspects of both other versions with a bit of basketball thrown in for good measure.

• captainmarvel

Nov 11, 2019 at 8:11 PM

20 Mil is that all? I wonder if they will do a swap with Joelinton? He couldn’t hit a barn door if he was standing next to it..
    Munster I do not support any other team other than the Falcons, being from Benwell is in the blood you see?

• Mister Tuff

Nov 11, 2019 at 8:15 PM

Jib leading the hyena pack today to savage other posters.

But can this be correct as hyenas operate a matriarchal society. The females are always in charge.

I suppose Jib gets around this by becoming Jane and changing into some female clobber.

Sorted.

Hahahahahahaha.

• Munster Mag

Nov 11, 2019 at 8:20 PM

Betty resorts to slagging an irish national sport because she can’t debate .

• RobLeenio

Nov 11, 2019 at 8:20 PM

Munster “SB is doing at least as well as rafa with an untested front line.”

Yes he is, which is great and he deserves massive credit.

The elephant in the room is that he’s doing it with Rafa’s team, by and large, and we can’t know if Rafa could have got more out of them.

I think we replaced a great manager with a good coach. How good a coach we will find out over time.

Here’s the distinction for me. Rafa took a team daydreaming towards relegation and turned them around to near survival. He then dismantled the entire team, built a new one and won the championship the very next season.

I’m not convinced that Bruce could have done that, and I’m curious to see how he will fare when he has to rebuild this team. I hope he does well, but we’ll not know till it happens.

All I said today was that Bruce deserves credit for what he’s achieved so far, which has been decent.

• bettyswallocks

Nov 11, 2019 at 8:21 PM

Rob leenio…………. I can’t believe that SB would have taken the job knowing Ashley for what he is but hoping that he sells up to a more ambitious owner.

• Munster Mag

Nov 11, 2019 at 8:22 PM

Marvel if joe is indeed rubbish, more credit to SB for succeeding so far with one hand tied wudnt you say?

• bettyswallocks

Nov 11, 2019 at 8:26 PM

Munster……… Just keeping you on your toes.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Nov 11, 2019 at 8:26 PM

Rob

Cheers for adding me to the PR list, have to admit I was a tad miffed not being on the original! 🙂

There are two very important omissions that ought to be on it however, these are two guys who often write fair and balanced opinions of both our Owner and our Manager. They also slate both of these but that’s unimportant from the point of view of toon22 and his acolytes, any praise no matter how slight is the criteria for judgement so they certainly qualify.

Any one care to name these very important omissions?

• Jib

Nov 11, 2019 at 8:30 PM

Tsunki
    Nov 30, 2018 at 11:19 PM
    How ironic our Danish Denizen of modern virtues who accuses others of sexism, gender stereotyping, xenophobic victimisarion and oversharpening pencils and what have you, is not too keen on the concept of freedom of speech. Bun – Burning hypocrite.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Nov 11, 2019 at 8:30 PM

Just watching the rerun of Clarke’s deft flick, it does look as if he missed the ball so Fabio has reason to be miffed!

• Munster Mag

Nov 11, 2019 at 8:30 PM

Thats pretty fair Rob. But its also fair to say that rafa had the best squad by a long walk in that championship and won it because Brighton fell asleep at the end. We may have scored lots but his conservative approach didnt help. When we played 2 upfront we went on fire and he binned it. When we played sunderland at home in the relegation season he didnt lay a glove on then un a vital six pointer until near the end. He was hammered on sky for putting two / three men up for corners v aston villa. I started to highlight this and the rafa zealots went bananas. Sorry but they can kiss it. Debate was banned here. Thats not good enough and thats why I continued to object, not because I hated rafa. I loved some aspects of both his play and his human touch but the halfwits on here tried and failed to gang up on me by saying I laughed at his small hands. Laughable.

• Jib

Nov 11, 2019 at 8:32 PM

Tsunki
    Nov 30, 2018 at 8:52 PM
    Hesperia here’s a playlist don’t bother with Betty’s wind ups.
    Turn Turn Turn – The Byrd’s
    You spin me round – Dead or Alive
    Rock around the Clock – Bill Haley & the Comets
    Long Distance Runaround – Yes
    Revolver – the Beatles ( their best album definitely worth a spin)
    Circles in the Sand – Belinda Carlisle
    Ring Ring – Abba
    Twist and Shout – try the Salt n Pepa one! Loads of versions of these to go around.
    And finally, of course who could forget ..
    Circles – Captain & Tenille
    Some classics in there all right.

Tsunki
    Nov 30, 2018 at 8:57 PM
    Jesper sorry about my autocorrect renaming you Hesperia but I liked it as Hesperia is an asteroid that goes around our solar system. And you remind me of asteroids. Painful ones.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Nov 11, 2019 at 8:34 PM

See the U23s lost 0-1 to WBA today! 🙁

Team

Newcastle United Under-23s: Jake Turner, Jamie Sterry, Lewis Cass, Oisín McEntee, Oliver Walters, Tom Allan, Jack Young, Mo Sangare (Joe White 60), Josh Scott (Elliot Anderson 60), Kyle Scott, Luke Charman.

Subs not used: Ludwig Francillette, Dan Langley, Kain Reed.

• RobLeenio

Nov 11, 2019 at 8:37 PM

Betty’s “I mean would Brucey really expect to be kept on if any new owners were seriously ambitious?”

Honestly, I’m still trying to work it out.

I mentioned today that Bruce was in a steady job with good prospects of promotion, supported by the fans and the owner, yet chose to come here desire having been prewarned of what he could expect. Why, o other than sentiment?

I have to think he’s hoping for better and that by the time new owners are in place he’s proven himself

• RobLeenio

Nov 11, 2019 at 8:39 PM

Bill you’re welcome mate, wouldn’t want you feeling left out.

Oh, and catchy is one of those you’re talking about.

😉

• RobLeenio

Nov 11, 2019 at 8:41 PM

Missed the ball? Heresy!

It’s just because his feet moved so fast you can’t quite make it out.

Lightning toes!

• Essex Geordie Bill

Nov 11, 2019 at 8:41 PM

Rob

No, think higher and more important to the blog! 😉

• Jib

Nov 11, 2019 at 8:42 PM

One would expect new Mexican owners to prefer a
    Spanish speaking manager with an international reputation.

Who could that be ?

• Nufc-83

Nov 11, 2019 at 8:44 PM

Sorry about that Bill I just rounded up a few names from the post and missed many of the PR legends.

• Lindisfarne

Nov 11, 2019 at 8:46 PM

GUARDIAN – Saint-Maximin following in Ginola and Robert’s footsteps
    Allan Saint-Maximin is the type of winger fans adore and at whom coaching technocrats roll their eyes. An elemental force of nature, Newcastle’s latest cult hero is unusual in that – with his teacher mother wanting him to concentrate on his education and, in particular, learning English – the 22?year?old was not coached one- and two?touch football in a conventional academy. Instead, he played street football near his home on the outskirts of Paris, and became a highly improvisational dribbler with adhesive tight control. When he joined Saint-Étienne, and later Nice, his unorthodox gifts set him apart. Now he belongs to a distinguished rollcall of flashy French wide boys – David Ginola, Laurent Robert, Hatem Ben Arfa – for whom Newcastle fans have long harboured a particular weakness. Enjoy him while you can.
    Louise Taylor

Enjoy him while you can???!!!

• RobLeenio

Nov 11, 2019 at 8:47 PM

“rafa had the best squad by a long walk in that championship”

Yep, and who recruited them? Who took all those individuals and formed them into a team? Who gave them a set of tactics which enabled them to stay with the pace until the end of a long season, when Brighton and Huddersfield faded?

This is why I say he’s a great manager. No way on earth anyone bar a handful of people could have done that. Pep maybe, Brendan Rogers maybe, maybe klopp.

None of them would have even tried it though, they would have been off into the sunset as soon as the last ball was kicked in the premier League

• toon22

Nov 11, 2019 at 8:49 PM

We havent had Jabba pretend to sell us to a Mexican yet
    Thats about it for this years fakeover

Wouldnt be Chrimbo without our seasonal sale lie

• RobLeenio

Nov 11, 2019 at 8:50 PM

Lindi, aye I spotted that. Louise Taylor is s canny journalist but every now and then she lets her jealous Mackem side out to play.

Didn’t we get him on a six year contract or something?

• RobLeenio

Nov 11, 2019 at 8:53 PM

Lol bill, I’ve got you.

It’s the Harrisons – pure PR shill devils if ever I saw one. Erm, two…

😳

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 11, 2019 at 8:55 PM

Jib

Aug 31, 2018 at 3:05 PM

I know your missus is brown bread
    but it wasn’t my fault – honest

Probably wouldn’t go there if I was you Jibberish.

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 11, 2019 at 8:57 PM

Despite me mentioning it gawd knows how many times, Munster refuses to acknowledge the fact that Villa spent as much as us that summer trying to get straight back up and still maintains we had an unfair advantage.

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 11, 2019 at 8:59 PM

Jib

Oct 3, 2018 at 10:18 AM

The overrated Frenchman
    Be as nasty as you like about me
    I realise it helps you get over the tragic loss of your wife

• Online Guy

Nov 11, 2019 at 9:00 PM

Rob leenio

I agree with you on a lot of your post and what you say #110..its just I’m driven by emotions at times whenever I think of how Ashley has blighted the club..

Looking back I have indeed said that Bruce is not a complete yes man and there will be a line that Ashley cannot cross with him because of his big Geordie heart and his pride..

I think a lot of comment here over the current manager is driven because of supporters distaste of Ashley ..dare I say hatred ? I hesitated to do so because it’s a nasty thing to do and be part of but Ashley has a lot to answer for .

I actually detest him for selling the Land at Strawberry place and that one thing has bothered me more than any defeats and scrapping it out at the wrong end of the league because of his austerity measures and LIES and seemingly only existing as a secondary concern to drive Sports Direct ..Ashley can leave for that one Strawberry Place reason alone .

Newcastle City Council need scrutinizing over the Disgraceful decision to allow planning permission .

Do you know that there was a 6 month window to either pass or deny that permission ? And they went well over six months . Either Ashley or the developers would have had to cancel the whole initial transaction according to planning regs .

Somethings not right ..something stinks.

• Online Guy

Nov 11, 2019 at 9:01 PM

Are driven

• Bleatin' n Bruced

Nov 11, 2019 at 9:02 PM

Jib ha ha it’s quite funny seeing those posts but it’s such a pity you didn’t want to put the context of jespers obnoxiousness and intransigence when being challenged about his stupid views but hey ho we all know the problem you have with context is roughly the same as Jesper had with his asteroids. 🙂

• Online Guy

Nov 11, 2019 at 9:02 PM

Q Wor Jib.

• Bleatin' n Bruced

Nov 11, 2019 at 9:03 PM

Anyway joib his do you think our Scandinavian flannel would have fared with today’s onslaught if you reckoned that ribbing drove him away from the blog?

It certainly wasn’t a fair fight today, there were only five of them. 😉

• Bleatin' n Bruced

Nov 11, 2019 at 9:04 PM

Anyway jib how do you think etc…

• welshgeordie9

Nov 11, 2019 at 9:05 PM

Got to laugh at people who have called every manager under Ashley a puppet but not Rafa.

• Jib

Nov 11, 2019 at 9:08 PM

Tsunki
    Could you explain context to Jail ?

Make it simple

• Lilongwe Geordie

Nov 11, 2019 at 9:08 PM

It is Tino’s 50th. Better times for us fans. Seems a long time ago, but I can’t imagine him looking 50!

Happy Birthday Tino!! One of my favourite’s of all time, given he was at the Italian club I followed before joining us!!

• Jib

Nov 11, 2019 at 9:11 PM

Tsunki
    I had my moments with Jesper

We all did