web analytics

Report – Two London Giants Join Newcastle In Scouting Senegalese Striker

Earlier this month, Newcastle were reported to be watching Metz striker Habib Diallo.

The original report was that Newcastle and Leicester City had scouts attend Metz’s October 19th match against Nantes. During that match, the Senegalese striker scored his 7th goal of the season.

The Sun are now reporting that both Chelsea and Tottenham have joined the fray for the 24-year-old.

The latest report says that in addition to Newcastle and Leicester City, both Spurs and Chelsea have had scouts watching Diallo this season.

Habib Diallo– Newcastle face competition for Ligue 1 hitman

Diallo has scored 8 goals in his 13 League 1 appearances this term and is reportedly rated at £10m. He scored 26 goals in 37 games in Ligue 2 last season as Metz jumped straight back up after getting relegated the season before.

Newcastle have been linked with a few strikers heading into the January window. RB Leipzig’s Yussuf Poulsen and Lille’s Victor Osimhen are two of the more prominent links. However, both would command fees well beyond Newcastle’s reported £20m kitty for the winter window.

While Diallo is a more reasonable prospect, we are not too sure of the winter window will bring. Steve Bruce has, for the most part, downplayed any talk of incomings at the moment.

Newcastle have found some attacking form of late with 5 goals in the last 2 matches after scoring just 6 in the first 10. However, most of those goals have come from the defense.

The front three are getting more of the chances which were sorely lacking earlier this campaign. A lot is going to depend on how they perform over the next nine games until the window opens on January 1st.

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 11, 2019 at 10:23 PM

Hail Wor Ashley,
    He indirectly griped about it??? I think you are best off sticking to slaughtering the players on match days, it seems to be what you do best.

• Hail Wor Ashley

Nov 11, 2019 at 10:26 PM

Jail

Aye, he indirectly griped whilst here, a bit more forthright when he left but still no thorough expose of his tenure. Probably signed an NDA for a few more quid.

• Online Guy

Nov 11, 2019 at 10:31 PM

A full year before Rafa left I wrote that the forthcoming season would be Rafas last season with us and that Rafa had Ashley in a corner and it will all hinge on ambition of which Ashley has none

And that there could only be one winner and it would not be Rafa as Ashley wants to keep us down with austerity football and as little investment as possible to keep prem league status .

All of the above happened .

It will happen again ..only difference is no other self respecting A-list manager will ever join us while Ashley owns us .

Where does that leave us ?

Bereft of all hope when it comes to winning anything .

• Lilongwe Geordie

Nov 11, 2019 at 10:39 PM

Apologies if any of my posts are repeated. It appears I am now being moderated, as none of my posts are showing.

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 11, 2019 at 10:41 PM

Lilongwe,
    A glitch I’d say, I don’t think you’re on any list, some words WordPress just doesn’t like.

• Lilongwe Geordie

Nov 11, 2019 at 10:42 PM

So that goes through, but my previous 3 didn’t?

• Lilongwe Geordie

Nov 11, 2019 at 10:44 PM

Read through a combined post, no profanity, nothing that should be a censored word – hang on – might have got it given the recent postings

• Lilongwe Geordie

Nov 11, 2019 at 10:45 PM

OLG,
    The fact that the members voted for despite such registered opposition is a kick in the teeth for us and d@+$#racy. It at least deserved the deferral and further consideration.

If the developers can provide drawings and documented proof of it not hindering the further development of the ground and the metro, and give written assurances that they would support any plans to do either, then most would let this go. The money in Ashley’s pocket is not the biggest thing for people.

As for Rafa, why did he go? Possibly lack of ambition, possibly lack of control/influence, possibly money etc. The honest answer is probably a combination. Rafa isn’t whiter than white. All three are probably something an ambitious owner would have given him, so maybe he felt a lack of trust or belief from Ashley to be the one to realise potential.

Whatever reason you want to give, none of them remove any blame from Ashley. He has shown his hand repeatedly.

The manager has changed, and people are taking the bait by slagging Bruce off, because he isn’t Rafa. The reality is, both took the job on the same basis and knowing how it ran.

• Lilongwe Geordie

Nov 11, 2019 at 10:46 PM

Haha, got it. I’m sure you will all work out which word has got my previous posts blockes.

• Trent1211

Nov 11, 2019 at 10:51 PM

What did I miss? In the last week I saw Valencia win 4-1 in CL. Espanyol win 6-0 in Europa League, Athletico Madrid win 3-1 (What a stadium) in La Liga and then raced across Madrid for a drab 0-0 with a certain Kenedy in the Getafe ranks. Very little came off for our former loanee. He’s on the road to nowhere as a player. I’m sure there could be a top player in there but just not happening.

That was pretty much my Season Ticket money. No regrets. I wouldn’t be getting carried away with upturn in our results. Where Bruce is concerned form is temporary class is permanent – in the wrong way.

We seem to have just enough to retain PL status but that’s it. Forward players must start scoring though as you can’t keep relying on defenders long term.

Wish I was watching us playing in Europe which is where we were and where we really belong before the slug cast his long shadow over us.

• Lilongwe Geordie

Nov 11, 2019 at 10:52 PM

Jail,
    Not a glitch, but not moderation either. Appears following the recent over discussion of certain topics has seen new words blaclisted

Nov 11, 2019 at 11:06 PM

Hail Wor Ashley – as long timers will know you took up your epithet as a user against jail but overarching my to take a stand on Ashley’s side, so no thanks to engaging with your tripe. You had your chance. Enjoy my avatar.

Jib – “Tsunki
    I had my moments with Jesper
    We all did
    however about 30 posts back you denied you ever did”

Ok Jib now go and find where I denied I ever did have any run ins with jesper. If you can’t, then come back and apologise unlike the coward and liar you are trying to appear. Same old pipsqueak, troublemaking Jeff from benwell.

Nov 11, 2019 at 11:06 PM

I wish it typed as good as it sounded in my head. 🙁

Nov 11, 2019 at 11:10 PM

I remember I was getting pelters because I asked Jesper outright what his opinion on something really was and he got evasive because he knew he was saying something stupid. Apparently I pressed and pressed and that’s why he left. So I’m led to believe. But then the same people – Ok person – reckons I was beaten to a pulp in debate by him. Blog life is confusing.

I think he actually left because the ironing pile was just getting bigger and bigger.

• Jib

Nov 11, 2019 at 11:15 PM

Bleatin’ n Bruced
    Nov 11, 2019 at 7:58 PM
    Munster – by “Danish Guy ” you mean jesper? I don’t recall ever getting pasted by him or hounding him out so that’s lie one.

Nov 11, 2019 at 11:21 PM

So Jib explain how that backs up the idea that I said I never had run ins with jesper.

I was blamed for hounding him out. Hardly old chip, seeing as others had similar mickey- taking joists with him.

I apparently was “pasted” by him at some point, I can’t recall that either.

But we sure had run ins.

But please, don’t let me stop your late night butane inhaling sesh

Nov 11, 2019 at 11:22 PM

Joists. Jousts. Tomayto tomarto

Nov 11, 2019 at 11:23 PM

At least I remembered his name, bless him. Felonious our egg worshipping bumpkin cared so much about his demise he couldn’t remember him. Brilliant. 🙂

• Munster Mag

Nov 11, 2019 at 11:24 PM

Tsunki he ran rings around you in his second language.

Nov 11, 2019 at 11:25 PM

We could do with jesper back though. It’s been less fun without him. And I really enjoy his blueberry muffins they’re the best mmmmmmm

Nov 11, 2019 at 11:26 PM

Yeah Munster when you master your first I’ll believe you nobody else will.

Nov 11, 2019 at 11:27 PM

It’s why he’s still here and I’m…oh…wait…

Nov 11, 2019 at 11:27 PM

He ran rings around everyone with his vacuum cleaner.

• Munster Mag

Nov 11, 2019 at 11:28 PM

And it was fun watching you trying to pin him down like mercury.

Nov 11, 2019 at 11:28 PM

I’m off, early start. Leave your childish insults below I’ll check em out in the mornin

Nov 11, 2019 at 11:28 PM

Yep jesper was infuriatingly wiggly.

Nov 11, 2019 at 11:29 PM

He float like a butterfly, sting like a carelessly squeezed lemon.

Nov 11, 2019 at 11:29 PM

Yaaaaawwwn.

• Munster Mag

Nov 11, 2019 at 11:30 PM

Tsu.ki the hard man laughed at him because Jesper helped with the housework. Tough guy tarquin ???

• carltoon

Nov 11, 2019 at 11:38 PM

Jane entertaining football EH! what where you watching. First half atrocious, second half a bit better with a little bit of excitement. I sat in the lounge it was so freezing. And of the people sitting in there I was the only one watching. Yes we played better but holding on at the end as usual. Over the moon with the result. I’m willing to give Bruce a chance. Even though I adored Rafa, he’s gone.

• carltoon

Nov 11, 2019 at 11:47 PM

Oh yes and Shelvey very good in second half.

• NY Mag

Nov 11, 2019 at 11:52 PM

Carltoon,

Do you think we were that bad in the 1st half? I thought we did OK (not good, but OK)
    The first 10-15mins were pretty awful mind

• Essex Geordie Bill

Nov 12, 2019 at 12:00 AM

Rob

Bit late for my reply, had a few friends round for a board game session, but yes you are correct I was thinking of the Harrisons, prime PR by toon22’s criteria without a doubt.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Nov 12, 2019 at 12:01 AM

carltoon so what were the rest of the people in the lounge doing.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Nov 12, 2019 at 12:04 AM

As a matter of curiosity how many blokes on the blog don’t help with the housework, I do and always have and don’t feel any less of a man cos of it.

• Lilongwe Geordie

Nov 12, 2019 at 12:07 AM

The memory of Jesper still causes arguments. Whatever blog he is being controversial on now, I hope they appreciate him more than we did.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Nov 12, 2019 at 12:12 AM

I appreciate every poster even if I think they are moronic imbeciles, they all add to the rich tapestry of the blog.

• NY Mag

Nov 12, 2019 at 12:14 AM

LG,

I remember having a few conversations with Jesper when I first started posting on this blog. He seemed like a decent guy to me (OK, I would say that about most people)
    But, it does seem a shame that someone who hasn’t posted for quite some time is still getting ridicule – for me, that beggars belief. Why mock someone who is not ever here to stand up for themselves? I dare say that is cowardly behavior.

• NY Mag

Nov 12, 2019 at 12:16 AM

Bill,

Indeed that is true, it’s the diversity of opinions that make this blog truly great!!

• RobLeenio

Nov 12, 2019 at 12:19 AM

Bill, I nailed it! (finally)

For what it’s worth, I like to do some housework as I do it far better than my missus!

😉

What were you playing? Kerplunk? Hungry Hippos? D&D? Battletech?

I reckon D&D, with you playing an Elf Paladin.