web analytics

How Did Our Lone International In Action Fare On Friday Night?

DeAndre Yedlin was able to get his 61st cap for the United States when he came on as an 86th minute substitute.

Yedlin came on for left-winger Jordan Morris to shore up the defense when the USA were up 3-1 over Canada in Orlando. They would end up winning 4-1 in what was a very important victory in the CONCACAF Nations League.

Canada has already played all four of their Group A matches and have 9 points. With their victory, the USA have 6 points after 3 matches but a superior goal difference.

A win against Cuba on Tuesday will see Yedlin and the USA win Group A. They will then be seeded with the other three group winners in the Final Championship taking place next June.

• jane

Nov 16, 2019 at 9:56 AM

• jane

Nov 16, 2019 at 9:58 AM

have any other USA players played for Newcastle / in that list?

• one fine day

Nov 16, 2019 at 10:01 AM

Wife and Neil
    You have my deepest sympathy
    We had to do the same last year with our Weimaraner
    He was 15 I hot him the first year I arrived in Australia so was my best friend and constant companion .
    It’s truely a horrible thing making that call and one no one wants to repeat .
    Just try n think of the 15 great years you had together
    And at least you were with them at the end

• JohnJ

Nov 16, 2019 at 10:10 AM

I would like to add my comments of regrets with regard to “The Wife’s” cat.

I’m around the same age as Dr Ed and in my much younger days I had a Collie who we called Laddie. He was just as intelligent as “Lassie” who I’m sure many of you saw on films and early TV. I still have very fond memories of my Laddie even after all these years and still have a black and white (appropriate eh?) picture of him and I together. I very much treasure that picture!

On the football front I hate these international breaks but it’s even worse this time having to wait another nine days before we get the chance to add to our points total.

HWTL

🙂

• JohnJ

Nov 16, 2019 at 10:24 AM

I’m not holding my breath on “A Takeover” but just seen this from The Gazette…………

I live in everlasting hope that one day it will happen!

🙂

• Unused Substitute

Nov 16, 2019 at 10:29 AM

Green signal to our staying up or going to Europe?

• Jib

Nov 16, 2019 at 10:36 AM

JohnJ
    More care taken please
    That article is dated 19th October

• Jib

Nov 16, 2019 at 10:37 AM

In fact – no – earlier
    14th Oct

• bettyswallocks

Nov 16, 2019 at 11:00 AM

Jib………. More care taken please when correcting other people’s outdated articles. The article was actually dated 14 th October not 19th.

• Rotonda heights

Nov 16, 2019 at 11:10 AM

John…????

Can’t be getting hopes up like that

• Rotonda heights

Nov 16, 2019 at 11:25 AM

The Mexican fakeover seems to be the fastest to blow over yet. Everywhere on Monday, completely dropped the following day! Maybe even journos realise there is no mileage in it any more.

• jane

Nov 16, 2019 at 11:40 AM

in the unlikely event that the Joseph DaGrosa/GACP/Peter Kenyon take-over happened Newcastle’s league position would probably be about the same going by their business model and the take-over of Bordeaux in 2018.

• Mindshaft

Nov 16, 2019 at 11:41 AM

Slow news day obviously, wish they would just scrap internationals, I have absolutely no interest in them

• jane

Nov 16, 2019 at 11:42 AM

Bordeaux’s transfers in 2019/20 are a £24m profit.

• Mindshaft

Nov 16, 2019 at 11:44 AM

Jane … ???

• jane

Nov 16, 2019 at 11:44 AM

Cyprus v Scotland (2pm) should be good but i have to go out.

• l3wy

Nov 16, 2019 at 11:44 AM

Jane
    Im sure Oguchi onyewu played a few games for us number 33 on list

• jane

Nov 16, 2019 at 11:48 AM

hey I3wy i’m impressed! yes 11 games in 2007. i’ve never heard of him.

• jane

Nov 16, 2019 at 11:51 AM

“Having been the subject of many transfer rumors regarding clubs throughout Europe, Onyewu finally completed a loan deal with Newcastle United in January 2007, covering the remainder of the 2006–07 season. He made his debut for Newcastle against Fulham on February 3, and his home debut a week later, alongside Titus Bramble, in a 2–1 victory over Liverpool. The two formed an ill-fated partnership, making a number of costly mistakes which was ultimately to cost Onyewu his place. Following the arrival of new manager Sam Allardyce, Onyewu fell out of favor, and Newcastle decided not to make the loan deal permanent.”

• Mindshaft

Nov 16, 2019 at 11:59 AM

Titus Bramble – surprising fact …played 13 consecutive seasons in premiership !!

• Nufc-83

Nov 16, 2019 at 11:59 AM

On Ivan Toney I really don’t understand why we let him go. He had all the tools pace, a physical presence and was scoring goals at lower levels. On Aarons I think he was an immense talent before his injuries and now he looks a shadow of that player. I can’t see him recovering so would cut him free now sadly.

• IrishRob

Nov 16, 2019 at 12:04 PM

Betty more care please in addressing Jibbles, he corrected himself in the same message. Which you had to have seen.

• Mindshaft

Nov 16, 2019 at 12:05 PM

Despite being voted worst EPL by readers of the fiver in 2003/4 he doesn’t make the top 50 list https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/worst-players-premier-league-history
    Although toon have 3 players in the list … Marcelino, Luque and of course Boumsong !!

• Mindshaft

Nov 16, 2019 at 12:05 PM

IrishRob – who cares

• Jib

Nov 16, 2019 at 12:16 PM

Andrew Parkinson born in S Africa
    was at NUFC for 2 seasons late 70’s
    played 3 games – left for USA where he
    played for various teams , becoming naturalised
    and winning 2 caps for the USA in 1984

• Jib

Nov 16, 2019 at 12:19 PM

Mindshaft
    IrishRob – who cares

Me for one

• JohnJ

Nov 16, 2019 at 12:56 PM

Nov 16, 2019 at 10:36 AM

Jib & others – My apologies

The piece was one of today’s headlines on Newsnow! Alas I didn’t notice that it was dated last month and whilst I said I wasn’t holding my breath on a takeover I still want it to happen asap 🙂