web analytics





Latest Newcastle Takeover News – We’ll Take The Positives


There has been news over the last couple of months of a possible Newcastle takeover, and there seem to be two groups vying to buy Newcastle.

One is the former Chelsea and Manchester United chief executive Peter Kenyon who is being financially backed by US-based investment group GACP (General American Capital Partners) Sports.

The group bought the French club Bordeaux for €100M last year.

The other group said to be currently keen on Newcastle is the Mexican business group Orlegi Sports led by businessman Alejandro Irarragorri.

The news is that the Mexican group was keen on buying Newcastle and apparently came close to buying Newcastle in the summer – but we wonder if that was true – or just more propaganda?

Current owner Mike Ashley seems to want £350M for the club and maybe some add-ons like at least five years of advertising at St. James’ Park for his struggling Sports Direct business.

The problem with these two groups is the same problem that Amanda Staveley and her PCP Partners Capital group had two years ago – they couldn’t agree a price.

The Newcastle incompetents – Lee Charnley and Mike Ashley

And last summer when we thought Newcastle could (would) indeed be sold – Sheikh Khaled and his Bin Zayed Group, based in Dubai, didn’t have a deal with Ashley – even though that’s what they reported publicly.

So we will, therefore, be stunned if Peter Kenyon or Alejandro Irarragorri are successful in buying the club.

However – maybe some good news – a takeover will happen out of the blue when the buyer is determined to acquire Newcastle, and they are willing to meet Mike Ashley’s price and his overall conditions for the sale.

So when nothing seems to be happening – that’s when Newcastle will be sold.

The other positive is that we thought we’d be in deep relegation trouble by now, but Steve Bruce and the players have performed admirably recently – 10 points from our last 5 games.

That was unexpected, and we are even doing quite well this season.

You have to give Steve Bruce credit for bringing the players together and getting them to buy into his new attacking style of play.

Bruce’s big positives are his excellent man-management and his vast experience in football management.

It’s early days yet, of course, but if Steve can get us to finish around mid-table or even in the top ten and avoid a relegation fight – it will have been a successful season for him and the club.

And he will deserve credit for that.

We are hoping Newcastle can still be sold in say next nine months, but of course, it all depends on Mike Ashley.

As usual.

But good results this season can only enhance the chances that our club can be sold, and Mike Ashley will finally leave – and allow the club to rebuild into a force in English football once again.

That’s our undying hope.

Comments welcome.


13 comments so far

  • Ben Afri

    Nov 16, 2019 at 2:53 PM

    Comment #1

    This title was a little misleading. What’s the point in calling no news as good news? Why not just call the headline “still no take over news”?

    10
  • Jib

    Nov 16, 2019 at 2:58 PM

    Comment #2

    Ben Afri
    This title was a little misleading.

    It got your attention
    so it was a success

    1
  • toon22

    Nov 16, 2019 at 3:12 PM

    Comment #3

    Who do you think he will pretend to sell us to this time ?

    12
  • Ben Afri

    Nov 16, 2019 at 3:13 PM

    Comment #4

    True… In the same way that a bad smell catches your attention

    5
  • martoon

    Nov 16, 2019 at 3:38 PM

    Comment #5

    Over the last couple of seasons I’ve noticed Ed’s tone changing towards the hierarchy – it was quite respectful but now “The Newcastle incompetents – Lee Charnley and Mike Ashley” says it all 😀

    4
  • Geordie-john

    Nov 16, 2019 at 3:47 PM

    Comment #6

    Christmas is coming and its time for this latest instalment of ” Who the new buyer gonna be ”
    Fat Lad you’ve lost man ! The empty seats are growing in numbers

    9
  • Jib

    Nov 16, 2019 at 3:49 PM

    Comment #7

    Geordie-john
    They were back up for Bournemouth

    1
  • wynsleap

    Nov 16, 2019 at 3:51 PM

    Comment #8

    Right Ed – you attracted me to read this. And?……

    3
  • neverbeento wembly

    Nov 16, 2019 at 4:37 PM

    Comment #9

    Just a diversion started by Fatty to help us forget we wont spend anything in Jan

    5
  • magpie66

    Nov 16, 2019 at 5:22 PM

    Comment #10

    I have lived in Mexico since 1991 and it hasn’t even made the news here.

    4
  • Dr Cosmos

    Nov 16, 2019 at 5:31 PM

    Comment #11

    Rinse and repeat. It’s the same nonsense twice a year. Right before each transfer window the rumours start.

    We’re a gullible lot

    4
  • Moonraker15

    Nov 16, 2019 at 7:42 PM

    Comment #12

    Jib
    “They were back up against Bournemouth”
    Dream on! No flags; empty seats; no strikers!
    This owner is a disgrace to the premier league!
    Selling the Strawberry place land was the last straw for me! Greedy fat tw@t Ashley!

    6
  • cornishman

    Nov 16, 2019 at 7:56 PM

    Comment #13

    Its wishful thinking, but for now I,ll take 3 points at Villa a week Monday.
    Up the Toon

    1

You must log in to post a comment.