web analytics

Mourinho Considering Newcastle Target For Spurs Move After Pinching Club’s Backroom Staff

Late last month, it was reported Newcastle were interested in Nigerian international Victor Osimhen. The 20-year-old has been superb for Lille this season after joining them this summer from Belgian club Charleroi.

He has bagged 9 goals in 17 appearances for the Ligue 1 club, including 2 goals in the Champions League. Osimhen has also started to bang them in for Nigeria as well scoring 4 goals in his last 5 international appearances.

Recently, the striker was linked with some of Europe’s elite clubs like Bayern Munich and AC Milan. These links made any move for the player by Newcastle seem like a pipe dream.

There is a new report out of France that new Tottenham manager Jose Mourinho is now considering a move for the Lille striker.

The report, from France’s Jeunes Footeux, claims that Jose Mourinho is looking at both Osimhen and another 20-year-old in Boubakary Soumare. Soumare is out of contract in the summer and is often compared to a young Paul Pogba.

Mourinho just recruited two members of Lille’s backroom staff, Joao Sacramento and Nuno Santos, to join him at Spurs, so he has connections to the two players.

However, Lille are reportedly not too happy that Mourinho has pilfered two members of their coaching staff so a move for Osimhen might meet stiff resistance.

With both assistants wanting to team up with Mourinho in the Premier League, Lille’s president ultimately let the two coaches leave. While Osimhen is likely priced out of a move to Newcastle, it will be interesting to see if Mourinho can convince Lille to part with their star striker.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Nov 22, 2019 at 9:37 PM

NY Mag

I think we can tenuously say 10 and 11.

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 22, 2019 at 10:29 PM

EGB,
    I remember when I was working in China, we had a bit of a night shift going then, I remember expat and Mr Tuff being the most populous bar me, there were many others mind I just can’t remember, it was about five or six years ago.

• Nicky the ball tosser

Nov 22, 2019 at 10:33 PM

Here’s my 11 for the Villans.

………………..Dubravka.
    …….Schar…Fernandez…Lejeune.
    Yedlin……Hayden..Shelvey…..Willems.
    ……Almiron….Carroll….St Max.

Not bad at all.

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 22, 2019 at 10:39 PM

Nicky,
    Can’t see Caroll starting mind, I think he’ll stick with Joelinton until whenever, this is the crux of my whole anger and frustration at the club. We could really do with a player like Joelinton being eased in and becoming a fan favourite, the way they’ve set the poor footer up to be a legend immediately is poor management.

• stan anderson

Nov 22, 2019 at 10:47 PM

Joel is not a 40 mill player in any position.Was he bought to pacify the fans?
    He may be a great player in the long term,but he is not a striker in any shape or form.

• Nicky the ball tosser

Nov 22, 2019 at 10:59 PM

Yeah, I guess he’ll start Joelinton, which is ok too now, I think he’s finding his feet, if not the net yet, but I agree, ideally you’d have gone into the season with Carroll, if he were fit and you felt he could stay fit, ideally Rondon of course, and ease Joelinton in.

Andy starting does feel like tempting fate, or even playing at all, but he does look ready to go.

Undoubtedly Rondon should still be leading the line, but it’s done, so fingers crossed it is.

• Nicky the ball tosser

Nov 22, 2019 at 11:13 PM

Easing in a 40 million pound player, at Mike Ashley’s Newcastle. Mmmm, sounds ridiculous doesn’t it. No chance.

Joelinton was of course bought to start. Rondon was never going to be signed permanently. Rafa was always gonna leave if Ashley didn’t sell, despite my foolish hopes to the contrary.

Garrrgggghhh!!!!!!!!!

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 22, 2019 at 11:17 PM

Garrrgggghhh!!!!!!!!!
    Ditto!!!

• Essex Geordie Bill

Nov 23, 2019 at 12:27 AM

Jail

5 or 6 years ago, bloody ell, I struggle to remember 5 or 6 weeks ago.

Not sure what you mean by most populous, do you mean most regular posters, if so go back to my 1st sentence! 🙂

• Essex Geordie Bill

Nov 23, 2019 at 12:30 AM

I don’t think Carrol would be a gamble to start if his training video is anything to go by. I’d agree with your selection Nicky.

• NY Mag

Nov 23, 2019 at 12:34 AM

Bill,

That count seems to be steadily increasing 🙂

• Essex Geordie Bill

Nov 23, 2019 at 12:35 AM

1-1 draw for the youngster against Benfica B, Dawson thought we should have won it.

We need a good goal scorer, don’t suppose we have one out on loan?

• Essex Geordie Bill

Nov 23, 2019 at 12:36 AM

NY Mag

Aye the little snowball is just starting it’s descent! 🙂

• RobLeenio

Nov 23, 2019 at 1:22 AM

Pretensious nerd. Ooh, I’m wounded.

😉

I made a quite valid point, thought out and able to be backed up (as I did afterwards) and in return I got this:

“Jeezus, Mary and Joseph.”

You think that this is not sarcastic? What definition do you choose to apply to it, then? Or is that another example of your lack of knowledge of English language?

sarcastic
    /s???kast?k/
    Learn to pronounce
    adjective
    marked by or given to using irony in order to mock or convey contempt.

• RobLeenio

Nov 23, 2019 at 1:23 AM

Apologies to the night shift for bringing the tone down.

Honestly can’t wait for the footy to start again.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Nov 23, 2019 at 1:27 AM

Robleenio

Nowt wrong with being called a nerd, it’s a term that implies intelligence!

As for being pretentious, I think we all have a bit of that in us. 🙂

• RobLeenio

Nov 23, 2019 at 1:27 AM

Not a bad result for the kids tonight. The Spanish reserve teams play in the Professional Leagues over there, so the clubs invest in them heavily. For us to have a team which has been decimated by outgoing loans, released players and call-ups to the senior team and to compete as they did is actually quite impressive.

Not sure if there are any stats from local journos re average age of the teams out there tonight, but I would expect our U23s to have been significantly younger than theirs.

• NY Mag

Nov 23, 2019 at 1:30 AM

Rob,

Not too long to wait now for the game……I’m off work next week, so at least i can watch it in peace (don’t have to find a quiet corner in the office and pretend I’m working) 🙂

• Essex Geordie Bill

Nov 23, 2019 at 1:34 AM

NY Mag

And with an 8pm KO GMT it’ll be an afternoon game for you so you can have a lie in as well! 🙂

• RobLeenio

Nov 23, 2019 at 1:34 AM

Bill, you’re right. Thing is, there’s a certain cadre on here who like to think that they are the only ones allowed to express an opinion, but they are very often wrong.

If you call them out on it, you are labelled in some way.

I’m happy to be a nerd, I’m also happy to be called pretentious, but I won’t have it in a negative sense.

Anyway, enough of that – we’re past the 10 game mark,what’s your judgement of how Bruce is doing?

If you’re going to ask a question, you may as well make it controversial in my opinion

😉

• RobLeenio

Nov 23, 2019 at 1:35 AM

afternoon kick off = #cans for sure for NY Mag

😉

I was in The Quarry tonight, proper busy, great to see a local pub doing so well, might head there Monday night too.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Nov 23, 2019 at 1:38 AM

I think I’ll give him 6/10 so far with him being on the cusp of 7/10, December, as he himself says, will be the real test for him!

• NY Mag

Nov 23, 2019 at 1:39 AM

Bill,

I wish – being off work doesn’t really mean being off work, I have a 9am conference call on Monday 🙁

• NY Mag

Nov 23, 2019 at 1:40 AM

Rob,

Ah, yes – afternoon session…..that did cross my mind 🙂

• NY Mag

Nov 23, 2019 at 1:41 AM

Rob,

Bruce is doing better than I expected he would, still early days – but the recent games are quite encouraging.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Nov 23, 2019 at 1:44 AM

NY Mag

Actually thinking about it it’ll be a late evening game for you I was calculating the time the wrong way round I calculate a 1am Tuesday time for you!

• NY Mag

Nov 23, 2019 at 1:45 AM

Bill,

No, rob was correct – it’s a 3pm afternoon kickoff (east coast time)

• RobLeenio

Nov 23, 2019 at 1:51 AM

I think we’re all in the same boat – quietly encouraged whilst waiting to see what comes next.

Nobody’s going to be singing his name yet, but he’s equally not being booed off the park.

Promising.

I do think that the hardest part of the job is in beating the teams around us. It’s something that Rafa struggled with, but he didn’t have the pace of St Maximin or Almiron (for a full season) to break the opposition defensive lines. As Bill says, this next month is very important.

It’s tough to know what might happen in a month from now, we don’t know how injuries might affect us for eg, but the next 4 games we need 5 points minimum in my opinion. That’s away to Villa and Sheff U, home to Citeh and Saints. We’d be on 20 points after 16 games, ahead of the relegation curve and on track for a decent top half finish.

Achievable for sure.