web analytics

Four Newcastle Loan Lads Get Starts This Afternoon As Midfielder Bags His First Goal

Freddie Woodman made another start for Swansea City at home against Millwall. It was the 17th straight league start for the 22-year-old. However, it is a disappointing 0-1 loss for Swansea who conceded on a 65th-minute free-kick from Jed Wallace. Swansea are now sixth in the Championship clinging to the final play-off position on goal difference.

Winger Jacob Murphy was in the starting eleven for the second straight match for Sheffield Wednesday’s 2-1 defeat at West Brom. Murphy played the entire match but the Owls drop to ninth in the Championship and are without a win in their last four league matches.

Twenty-two-year-old Dan Barlaser made another start for Rotherham United at MK Dons. Rotherham went down 2-0 within 13 minutes. However, Barlaser led the comeback with a 66th-minute goal which was his first goal for the Millers. Freddie Ladepo added two more for Rotherham as they claimed a 2-3 win. They climb to fourth in the League One table where Sunderland are mired in tenth after only managing a 1-1 draw at home against Coventry.

Rolando Aarons was back on the bench for Wycombe Wanderers after missing out on their 2-0 win at Tranmere earlier this week. Aarons came on in the 75th minute for Paul Smyth. Wycombe won a late penalty for a 1-0 victory at home against Doncaster. Wycombe remain top of League One and are five points clear of second-place Ipswitch Town.

Left-back Liam Gibson started for the fourth match in a row in Grimsby Town’s 2-0 loss at Northampton. Grimsby extend their streak of winless matches to 5. They sacked manager Michael Jolley last week due to the recent string of poor results. Former Newcastle midfielder Kevin Nolan has been linked as a possible candidate for the job.

Goalkeeper Nathan Harker was back on the bench for Blyth Spartans. The 21-year-old has not featured much for Blyth in what has been a very disappointing loan spell for the youngster.

Elias Sorensen was not involved in Carlisle’s matchday squad due to an illness as reported in the News and Star. Carlisle United drew 0-0 at home against Cambridge in assistant coach Gavin Skelton’s second match in charge.

Kelland Watts was taken off with an injury in Stevenage’s FA Cup match against Peterborough a few weeks ago. He has still not recovered and missed their 0-0 draw at Walsall this afternoon.

• Bobbybee

Nov 23, 2019 at 5:19 PM

My mate’s a Spartans fan and he reckons Lee Clarke has been offered the U23 job with us. Anybody know anything about this?

• geordietom

Nov 23, 2019 at 5:22 PM

• Online Guy

Nov 23, 2019 at 5:28 PM

TNMW

Yes I deserve it after my spell checker changed Crewe to Crew and I didn’t read it before posting it .

Coincidentally Iv just got back from an errand and bumped into Mike Williamson’s son daughter and wife . Always say hello and have a natter with Mike and the his Son is usually with him . No Mike today though ..good bloke, nice family.

• Online Guy

Nov 23, 2019 at 5:30 PM

Lesh

Are you thinking of GH .

• Jib

Nov 23, 2019 at 5:33 PM

Clark took the Spartans job in a huff after
    Neil Redfearn pipped him in May

• IrishRob

Nov 23, 2019 at 5:34 PM

It’s such a pity we’re gonna loose on Monday night. We could have taken a big leap up the table. Especially looking at who we have after that game.

• RobLeenio

Nov 23, 2019 at 5:39 PM

Why are we going to lose on Monday? I mean, I know it’s a possibility, but it’s far from a given.

• Bobbybee

Nov 23, 2019 at 5:44 PM

And when we win on Monday night, we can move up to 9th. Dizzy heights.

• RobLeenio

Nov 23, 2019 at 5:46 PM

Aye Bobby, dizzy heights indeed.

Nice to see you on here, marra. Hope you’re well

• Online Guy

Nov 23, 2019 at 5:48 PM

Jib

When you give out abuse , and out of the blue for no apparent reason, unwarranted, I have come to the conclusion that you actually get off on the retort from your target.

The subsequent argument that ensues gives you a reason for living and possible sensuous excitement ..relating to your senses more than your intellect.

• Bobbybee

Nov 23, 2019 at 5:51 PM

I’m fine thanks Rob, hope you’re well too. Don’t see why we can’t beat Villa, they’re nowt flash. Both Bruce and Clark will be wanting to get one over and our forwards will be desperate to start scoring.
    1-0 Chelsea.

• Online Guy

Nov 23, 2019 at 5:51 PM

I still like you though Jib despite your Buffoonery .

And then there’s that other stuff I won’t mention.

• Bobbybee

Nov 23, 2019 at 5:59 PM

1-1. Cracking game like

• Ron Knee

Nov 23, 2019 at 6:01 PM

That was a chapter of accidents.

• Jib

Nov 23, 2019 at 6:09 PM

I hope Miggy and ASM are watching Ramirez

• Jib

Nov 23, 2019 at 6:20 PM

Mahrez even

• IrishRob

Nov 23, 2019 at 6:33 PM

Any other day I’d say we’re going to win. But history hasxacway of being right more often than not. The fact that we haven’t won on a Monday night in 7 years says enough. Or maybe we had one win in the last 7 years on Monday night, either way its bad.

But it’s not just bad luck. There must be something about the travelling or the time away or the time of night that upsets the players in some way, but time and time again we loose on Monday nights. Even when were on a hot streak in the past Monday night was always the match wed loose.

Plus I always notice fod some reason we ALMOST NEVER have a home game on Monday nights. So my guess its something to do with the travelling that upsets their rhythm.

• IrishRob

Nov 23, 2019 at 6:34 PM

Jib I’d much prefer if they play football tbf.

• IrishRob

Nov 23, 2019 at 6:50 PM

Who thinks James looks like Kieron Dyer? I think hes the image of him.

• Lascelles sells sea shells by the sea shore

Nov 23, 2019 at 7:00 PM

Irishrob

2012 was the last home game we had on a Monday night and we won 2 1

• Lascelles sells sea shells by the sea shore

Nov 23, 2019 at 7:00 PM

Against Wigan I think

• Jib

Nov 23, 2019 at 7:02 PM

We are away to Villa

• Lascelles sells sea shells by the sea shore

Nov 23, 2019 at 7:05 PM

Jib
    I’d go as far to say that Maxi is better than Mahrez was at that age… And will be a far better player than Mahrez, his pace and close control and direct running is a breath of fresh air, goals will come for him… I think he’s going to be an absolute monster of a player… Unfortunately I think he is going to be Ashley’s windfall!

• Lascelles sells sea shells by the sea shore

Nov 23, 2019 at 7:07 PM

When we last had a home game on a Monday night was against Wigan… I’m very well aware who we come up against on Monday Jib, thanks for the confirmation though! Haha

• Bills Son Is Back

Nov 23, 2019 at 7:09 PM

Mindshaft says we could have got more had we not accepted the first buy out bid for Perez.

Errr…

Does he not realise it becomes the players decision to leave not the clubs if the fee is met??

Another example of painting the club as idiots when he is the idiot for making such a stupid statement.

• Jib

Nov 23, 2019 at 7:24 PM

VAR is rapidly become a joke

• Jib

Nov 23, 2019 at 7:24 PM

becoming even

• IrishRob

Nov 23, 2019 at 7:43 PM

Its really unfair that we haven’t had a home Monday match in nearly 8 years. They really should be alternated every other match.

That goal should have stood, it didnt look offside to me, in fact to me it looked like it was too hard to tell anymore than he was level. Also I think they should go by where the players feet are not body. They go by feet for everything else. If that had been an important goal I’d be fuming.

It’s just as crooked as it ever was before it was introduced. They deliberately include a rule such as the refs on field decision influences whether they can even check it or not. And whatever happened to playing on even if you’re offside and have it go to VAR after to clarify.

It’s all soo crooked and designed as such for when the powers that be want to manipulate outcomes of matches. It would turn you off watching.

• Pain in the Blog

Nov 23, 2019 at 7:50 PM

Irish Rob,

For God’s sake, man, the word ‘loose’ is an adjective – something that is not tight.

The word for the opposite of win is ‘lose’. Even in Ireland. Can you see the difference? Can you count the number of ‘o’s? One for the verb and two for the adjective,

Given that you will probably never use the adjective I would suggest that you always spell the word with only one ‘o’ from now on.

High IQ? F*** off. Simpleton.

• Rotonda heights

Nov 23, 2019 at 7:52 PM

The genius still can’t spell lose right.

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 23, 2019 at 7:56 PM

My text on our last man standing what’s app group to an ‘ull fan today
    “In all fairness Steve, he’s doing really well, way above expectations, he’ll get massive respect from the fans if he stands up to Ashley’s annual shafting, which he’s never shyed? From in the past”
    Btw I chose Everton today despite my leanings going toward Spurs, Everton seemed to easy, they’re footin pants

• Moonraker15

Nov 23, 2019 at 8:23 PM

Bills son
    I assume you are referring to me when you comment at #25 although you referenced mindshaft! Remind me who’s the idiot!
    My point is, the club accepted the bid before the end of the season and there is no limit to the bid if some other club wants him. £30 million was the minimum fee, not the maximum.
    The club paid a reputed £61 million for Miggy and Joelinton! That is pathetic business when this goon of an owner sold off our potential for a new owner to extend the stadium for £9 million.
    You are an idiot for your passive support for the regime which is taking us down slowly but surely!

• Moonraker15

Nov 23, 2019 at 8:32 PM

VAR is a total joke! There’s no way that the 3rd city goal should be declared offside! The margin is too tight for the scorer to gain any advantage and is dependent on the moment the touch to make the pass is made.
    I think they need to change the VAR rule so there has to be “daylight” between the striker and the defender. Then there is no argument! What happened to giving advantage to the attacker?

• IrishRob

Nov 23, 2019 at 8:32 PM

I know what loose means nice try loose’r

• IrishRob

Nov 23, 2019 at 8:34 PM

Wow look how angry you are, see what I did there btw!! Lol lol

• Bobbybee

Nov 23, 2019 at 8:45 PM

Rob, it’s loser mate. Anyway, silliness aside, I predict we’ll make a big profit on both Miggy and Max when we eventually sell them.
    Granted, the goals aren’t there now, but players of that quality won’t misfire forever. They’re getting into goalscoring positions and the goals will come. Miggy scored regularly in the MLS and has scored international goals. Right now he’s got a problem even he’ll openly admit to, but it won’t last forever.
    Both players have pace and skill to burn, and this is the toughest league they’ve stepped up to. It’ll come, and when it does, somebody is in for a hiding.

• Charlie in the Gallowgate

Nov 23, 2019 at 8:49 PM

Tonight’s copa final
    Has JoeLinton got a doppelgänger playing centre forward for Flamenco

• Bobbybee

Nov 23, 2019 at 8:52 PM

Cheers Charlie, I forgot that was on mate. Gonna have to watch on my phone though, the girlie’s have nicked my TV for the night. 🙂 Bugger.

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 23, 2019 at 8:58 PM

Btw,
    About 80 of us put a tenner in each and choose a team to win each week, you’re not allowed to choose the same team twice. I fancied Spurs today but no good saying that now, I went for Everton who seemed the most obvious choice considering how pants Everton are on the road 🙁 🙁

• IrishRob

Nov 23, 2019 at 8:59 PM

Bobby that was the joke, I know. Lol

I dont think many people will be buying Miggy just yet, the two most important things an attacking player can do is score goals and give assists. Hes Still playing a bit too lose (laughs uncontrollably) at the top end for my liking.

Amazingly he hasn’t even given an assist yet nevermind a goal in well over 20 matches now.

As good as Maxi has been he hasn’t even given an assist yet either in over 10 games. That statistic alone would almost certainly stop any buyers from coming forward just yet.