web analytics

A Win Tonight Would Give The Resurgent Magpies Real Momentum

Last year we played only three games in November but won three games in November.

Those were our first wins of the season and gave manager Rafa Benitez the Premier League Manager of the Month Award.

History may be repeating itself this month with Newcastle having played two games in November and won two games at West Ham (3-2) and at home to Bournemouth (2-1).

We also managed to score 5 goals in those two games and almost doubled our total goals scored this season, and we now have 11 goals after 12 games.

Heady stuff indeed.

Newcastle manager Steve Bruce doing well in last 5 games – 10 points

Aston Villa lie below us in the table, and that’s just one reason we have to do well at Villa Park tonight.

Villa are 2 points behind us with a better goal difference, and with a home win tonight, they will leapfrog Newcastle on points in the table.

PosTeamGamesGDPoints
8Sheffield United16322
9Arsenal16022
10Crystal Palace16-422
11Newcastle16-622
12Brighton16-419
13Burnley16-818

A draw would be a decent enough result for us tonight, but our lads are playing well, and a win would be excellent and just what the doctor ordered.

And 55% of fans think we can take all 3 points.

What Will Be The Result In Monday's Match At Aston Villa?

• Win (55%, 609 )
  • Draw (28%, 309 )
  • Loss (16%, 181 )

Total Voters: 1,099

Loading ... Loading ...

Next up on Saturday are money-bags Manchester City but we have always performed well against them at home – and last season we won 2-1 after going behind after 24 seconds (or was it 25?)

That grit and courage the lads showed in that game last season still exists under Steve Bruce, and we can be sure the lads will give it a real go this Saturday in the early kickoff game.

Let’s not get carried away (but we are) – if Newcastle can keep our good form (and results) and get two wins in our next games, we’ll be really flying high for the upcoming December games.

And Steve Bruce will be Manager of the Month for November.

We are hoping history can repeat itself.

We are praying history can repeat itself.

Personal note: For those who do not use the desktop version of the blog, here is the health update I posted about a week ago.

=======

18 November 2019

I had three cat scans and a full body bone scan last week at the Rex Cancer center in Raleigh.

My stage four prostate cancer now shows definite signs of spreading (progressing), as shown in the bone scan.

It is as it is – and I accept the condition I am in.

The next step is to begin some new medication that can help slow the progression of the disease.

I was diagnosed with stage four cancer back in early January 2017 after the disease had been in remission for nearly six years.

My oncologist Dr. Dhruva and the nurses at the Rex Cancer Center here in Raleigh, North Carolina, have been fantastic, and all the credit goes to them.

Ed Harrison.

=====

• Essex Geordie Bill

Nov 25, 2019 at 4:24 PM

Jib

That’s an easy one, it’s the Warner Brothers family, meep, meep!

• Tonyd3b54

Nov 25, 2019 at 4:27 PM

Didn’t know Ed was from Raleigh. I just moved here a month ago from MA. Any decent bars that have Newcastle fans watching the game?

• Essex Geordie Bill

Nov 25, 2019 at 4:36 PM

Ed

Yeah I did notice your update over the weekend, I think you are doing great under the circumstances and whilst it’s not brilliant news it’s also not he worst.

Let’s hope the new medication does do the job you want it too, hopefully you’ll still be running the blog for many more years.

Lots of us have said it many times but we love it and would really miss it.

Cheers mate.

• Bambams

Nov 25, 2019 at 4:38 PM

Ed

Keep up the fight fella, I am sure the medication will help.

We are all behind you.

Sounds like you have another good team at the Rex Centre !

🙂

• Essex Geordie Bill

Nov 25, 2019 at 4:40 PM

Jib

Any more cuckoo questions?

• JohnJ

Nov 25, 2019 at 4:41 PM

Dr Ed,

You have done amazingly well under your very difficult circumstances.

Best wishes my friend.

🙂

• Essex Geordie Bill

Nov 25, 2019 at 4:44 PM

The U23s are also playing tonight KO in 2 Hours 15 Minutes.

• JohnJ

Nov 25, 2019 at 4:44 PM

Villa are four points below Newcastle United in the table before tonight’s game!

Let’s hope it’s seven by 10pm tonight!

• cockneymafiaout

Nov 25, 2019 at 4:46 PM

Dear Ed,

We have not conferred with each other much on this site, however I often read your posts about the football club we share a love for. Your undisputed love for the club shines through that you offer this blog free of service to us fellow Newcastle United fans and you have united us and given us a place to express our joy and vent our anger.

I for one have taken this and yourself for granted so I would just like to take this opportunity to thank you for doing this for so many years.

Cheers

Lee

• Essex Geordie Bill

Nov 25, 2019 at 4:46 PM

1st team KO in 3 hours 13 minutes.

• Just a fan

Nov 25, 2019 at 4:56 PM

Re roadrunner.
    I had no idea but in my head I said ostrich.
    Cross me off the list of mensa members on here.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Nov 25, 2019 at 5:00 PM

JFA

You are in a select club along with the rest of us idiots, apparently! 😉

• IrishRob

Nov 25, 2019 at 5:54 PM

God I hope they win for your birthday tonight Ed. It’s the little things!

• Tartantoon

Nov 25, 2019 at 6:42 PM

Just read your update Ed. So sorry that the cancer is spreading and her’s hoping the new medicine slow ls it right down. You are in my thoughts.