web analytics

Former Magpie Praises Teammate With ‘Big Future’ Who NUFC Are Tracking

Loic Remy spent the 2013/14 season on loan with Newcastle scoring 14 goals in his 27 appearances. He, of course, shunned us the year before to join QPR in the January window. QPR were relegated later that season, making Remy available for his loan on Tyneside.

The 32-year-old joined Lille in the summer of 2018, where he has scored 10 goals in his 41 appearances. This summer, Lille brought in 20-year-old Victor Osimhen from Belgian club Charleroi for just over £10m.

The Nigerian international has been a revelation at the French club scoring 9 goals in his 17 appearances. He has been linked with Newcastle since October.

Remy has praised his new teammate, who has been nominated for CAF African player of the year and Youth player of the year.

“I think Victor was a big discovery for everyone and it once again underlined the wise recruitment choices of the club, who were very shrewd in the choice that they made.

“I think that Victor is a player with a big future. I’m at the stage now where I can identify players who have potential and who are serious and diligent in all that they do and he strikes me as that type of player.

“He trains with intensity. He’s a real goalscorer who works on a personal level even after team sessions, whether it be weight lifting or whether taking the time to just look after himself.

“So yes, Victor is the complete player for me and he has a big future. Some people like to compare us as we are two attackers: sometimes one plays and the other doesn’t etc. But there is no animosity between us.

“He’s someone I like and, as I said, someone I feel has a great future if he continues putting in the serious work.”

It looks like Newcastle may be too late to the game for Osimhen, as he is now linked with quite a few elite clubs. The latest being Jose Mourinho’s Tottenham, who were said to be tracking the striker last week.

He looks to be some talent who is also starting to star internationally for Nigeria. It’s a pity Newcastle weren’t on his trail a little earlier as he seems like a steal for Lille at just £10m

• Jib

Nov 27, 2019 at 10:00 PM

Some canny games in the CL tonight

• Bleatin' n Bruced

Nov 27, 2019 at 10:23 PM

I went on standby by the time I’d finished reading the title.

Bruce rates Gayle. Great.

• Bleatin' n Bruced

Nov 27, 2019 at 10:24 PM

And then again when we were “tracking” someone who is “highly rated”….

• toon22

Nov 27, 2019 at 10:52 PM

Gayle will be like a new signing

😉

• Essex Geordie Bill

Nov 28, 2019 at 12:16 AM

Jail
    I don’t think jib can help himself, part of his nature, I thought you should have a bit more self control but as you say, hey ho!

• Essex Geordie Bill

Nov 28, 2019 at 12:17 AM

NY Mag

• Essex Geordie Bill

Nov 28, 2019 at 12:21 AM

NY Mag

In fact 24!

• NY Mag

Nov 28, 2019 at 12:34 AM

Bill,

It’s increasing rapidly!!

• Essex Geordie Bill

Nov 28, 2019 at 1:49 AM

NY Mag

Certainly is, your prediction is looking very conservative now! Wonder if my comment will be blocked for using the C word.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Nov 28, 2019 at 1:55 AM

Another quiet night on the blog, is everyone trying to get accustomed to the proposed shorter shift hours being promised.

Aah well I’m sure Lesh can enlighten me, there’s nowt in my journal of wisdom, sorry newspaper that mentions the blog night shift.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Nov 28, 2019 at 1:57 AM

On that provocative note, I’ll say G’d night to any night owls still around.

• lesh

Nov 28, 2019 at 2:20 AM

Essex

Weren’t you one who didn’t care for the politics on the Blog? If that was the case, why are you being provocative, trying to invite a response to your comments? You’re surely not keen to enter a discussion about your leanings, your claims of being able to recognise truth from fiction when you have your weekly briefing from your newspaper of choice?

Essex, I am surprised that as one who involves himself in the ancient arts and beliefs, seems to care so much for the environment, one whom would be expected to think outside the box and question what’s placed before him can swallow the rubbish, the lies placed before you by your seemingly caring C party and one of its key media organs.

Sorry Essex, but something’s not sitting right – apart from your leanings that is.

• lesh

Nov 28, 2019 at 2:24 AM

And

For the likes of Posada, Jiblets, Geordie Tom and the others who blindly defend their right to support their team whilst sponsoring its owners business, a read that might mmakeyou realise you’re being made mugs of whole Ashley laughs at you.

• The next Mike Williamson

Nov 28, 2019 at 2:42 AM

Almiron would be ok alongside 2 who can score. He MIGHT develop into a goalscorer.

Joelinton.would be ok alongside 2 who can score. He MIGHT develop into a goalscorer.

Maximin would be ok alongside 2 who can score. He MIGHT develop into a goalscorer.

it was always going to be a miracle if one started banging them in. we put our money (80m) and faith in three miraculous transformations happening. on the plus side target men dont usually peak until much later especially ones whove never played there.

• Jib

Nov 28, 2019 at 7:13 AM

The writer of the article that lesh posted a link to