web analytics

Bold Changes In Our Predicted Lineup For Manchester City

This is the team we are predicting Bruce will select for Saturday’s early match at home against the reigning champions Manchester City.

We think Bruce will make some bold selections after the disappointing display this past Monday at Villa Park. This team has four changes from the one that lost 2-0 earlier this week.

We think that Sean Longstaff will come straight back into the team after his 3 match ban. He will take Jonjo Shelvey’s place mainly due to his defensive capabilities. This is not a slight on how Jonjo has played recently, but we feel Longstaff is a better fit to combat this threatening Manchester City team.

We also see a complete revamp on the right side of the pitch. We have Christian Atsu coming in for Miguel Almiron, Emil Krafth in for DeAndre Yedlin, and Fabian Schar returning after missing the last four matches to his customary slot on the right side of the back three.

Emil Krafth is just a better defender than Yedlin, and Bruce will use that excuse to bring the Swede back into the team. Fabian Schar’s return allows Fernandez to lead the backline and also puts Clark back on the left where he has thrived since his inclusion in the team.

The big change is Christian Atsu for Miguel Almiron. We’ve been so impressed with Atsu this season. He’s not put a foot wrong this season, and even when he comes on as a substitute, he’s shown an ability to make wise decisions.

Miguel was dire against Aston Villa and with those types of performances, Bruce has to let the Paraguayan understand that his place is not a certainty.

We see the substitutes bench shaping up like this with no room for Dwight Gayle:

Darlow, Dummett, Lejeune, Yedlin, Shelvey, M.Longstaff, Carroll

With Shelvey’s absence, we think Ciaran Clark will captain this side. It’s going to be a very hard match to get anything out of and this team could limit any damage that Manchester City will be trying to inflict.

What Will Be The Result Of Saturday's Match Against Manchester City?

• Loss (76%, 878 )
  • Win (13%, 150 )
  • Draw (11%, 131 )

Total Voters: 1,159

Loading ... Loading ...

• Ron Knee

Nov 28, 2019 at 3:08 PM

Manure playing in afternoon Europa match.

• Unused Substitute

Nov 28, 2019 at 3:19 PM

Neil: your graphics actually is showing quite a bit of gap between Joelinton and others; a lifelike representation of our situation appeared to me.

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 28, 2019 at 3:26 PM

Is that a really bold change??
    Krafth in against Man City, are we sure, if that’s seen as a bold approach oh Mary, Joseph and Jeezus.

• Asi Fish

Nov 28, 2019 at 3:34 PM

Need to change something as Monday’s display was absolute pish – looked scared and lazy at times.

Man City will see this as an easy win to keep chasing Leicester and Liverpool especially with their injuries & December’s fixture list. I don’t think city will believe that we can pull off a result again especially with our changes to manager and two of the front 3.

We can only hope that they are tired from midweek and a little down on only drawing and having injuries.

A decent, committed display with a compact defence is all we can truly hope for – effort put in and to not get thrashed.

• Asi Fish

Nov 28, 2019 at 3:38 PM

Anyway, ignore my morbid drivel……..I was proper disappointed Monday (threw a man tantrum) and cannot see how we can compete with City after getting bossed by stinking Villa. I think i will need a beer in hand when watching midday sat!

Take it easy. I’m off to the USAF Base as i have been invited to the chow hall to celebrate Thanksgiving. A few warmers in the bank before hand though.

Happy Thanksgiving. HWTL

• Nicky the ball tosser

Nov 28, 2019 at 3:46 PM

Krafth and Atsu down the right. No better at all. Worse.

Yedlin or Manquillo at right wing back. Joelinton or Miggy ahead of them. Carroll to start.

Or just leave it as it is and persevere with the 3 young lads up top, but at least set up to give Joelinton some proper support, particularly at home.

Play a higher line, get the wingbacks on the ball in advanced positions, try to win the ball back earlier.

The way we set up at Villa was awful. Playing for a point from the very start and predictably undone early.

• Mindshaft

Nov 28, 2019 at 3:49 PM

Almost thought Linton was playing in goal for opposition on that graphic 😀

• Nicky the ball tosser

Nov 28, 2019 at 3:49 PM

Schar to start, as he should have at Villa, and it’s time to bring Lejeune back in, at the very least off the bench, as both players help us build attacks.

• G

Nov 28, 2019 at 3:52 PM

I would stick by Yedlin at RWB. Kraft has the potential to be better, but I don’t think he yet looks ready for the Prem. He looks like a startled rabbit in the headlights quite often.

• geordietom

Nov 28, 2019 at 3:56 PM

Nov 28, 2019 at 12:21 PM

Geordie Tom

I owe you an apology for suggesting that you were a regular attendee at NUFC matches. That is not the case as you only get to SJP on the odd occasion you’re in Newcastle.

It was a genuine mistake on my part and there are others who do attend and feel that in doing so are supporting their team, not Ashley.

LESH …

thanks i do appreciate it at least you had the balls to say you were wrong cheers again …

• Essex Geordie Bill

Nov 28, 2019 at 4:11 PM

Lesh

My comment last night was posted as a joke, nowt more. Sorry you didn’t get it.

As for my leanings, well you haven’t a clue what they might be, really!

I haven’t voted C since I moved to Southend and I cannot recollect ever voting for them.

I also don’t vote for the L party they are both governed by habitual liars and have been since their inception, OK for a very long time!

They lesser parties aren’t much better either, you just have to look at the promises being made by all of them, pure fiction.

And yes I do read the DT but only the Saturday one and the main reason I and my missus used to get it was cos it had the best TV scheduling supplement.

It is a good read but please don’t assume that I believe everything that’s printed in it, I’d give you some credit for not believing everything that’s printed in the Guardian so please grant me the same consideration. I don’t read it so haven’t a clue what they claim or say, I might add.

As for my other beliefs you can belief what I’ve said or not it’s up to you.

• jazzyp

Nov 28, 2019 at 4:12 PM

We could have Messi up front and we still wouldn’t score.We create nothing and offer nothing going forward.
    Ashley must be asking questions at what the f@ck the scouting network are actually doing cos we are definitely top of the league for signing shite

• Essex Geordie Bill

Nov 28, 2019 at 4:14 PM

belief= believe, amazed I didn’t make more mistakes in that comment! 🙂

• Essex Geordie Bill

Nov 28, 2019 at 4:15 PM

NY Mag

26!

• Essex Geordie Bill

Nov 28, 2019 at 4:20 PM

Like to know what Manquillo has done to blot his copybook, or indeed what Krafth has done to be included in the match day squads over him?

• Essex Geordie Bill

Nov 28, 2019 at 4:24 PM

Just looking at the training pics on the NUFC site and it appears that a lot of the lads are learning levitation techniques!

• Mindshaft

Nov 28, 2019 at 4:27 PM

EGB 😀

Yeah, I read the FT, Telegraph and the Guardian (albeit web versions only – didn’t realise anyone still bought paper editions :0 and they are basically report propaganda quite a lot – always interesting to read same story with opposing views but ultimately you have to do your own research and then make up your own mind based on the facts available…. or you can just side with one ( ala toon22 and Jib ) and save the effort ( joking lads …calm down 🙂 )

• Essex Geordie Bill

Nov 28, 2019 at 4:27 PM

Must be tea time!

• Mindshaft

Nov 28, 2019 at 4:29 PM

they are basically report …fml , I need to edit properly

• Mindshaft

Nov 28, 2019 at 4:29 PM

almost beer time

• Mindshaft

Nov 28, 2019 at 4:31 PM

reminds me – whatever happened to the poster who was on here a lot during last sale who was always going celebrating for a beer no matter what time of day? …. he was quite funny ( can’t remember his name )

• Essex Geordie Bill

Nov 28, 2019 at 4:33 PM

Mindshaft

It takes me most of the week to get through the DT and mainly cos I read it in the Loo, I’ll save you the bother Lesh, I might as well read sh!te whilst I’m having one. 🙂

The smiley face is to emphasise that I am cracking a joke.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Nov 28, 2019 at 4:34 PM

Mindshaft

Was it JohnJ?

• Jib

Nov 28, 2019 at 4:40 PM

• Mindshaft

Nov 28, 2019 at 4:57 PM

EGB : That was the guy … always found him funny, not sure what happened to him although liver damage was suggested to him quite a few times 🙂

• Pain in the Blog

Nov 28, 2019 at 5:12 PM

EGB, Mindshaft,

No it wasn’t JohnJ that was always finding an excuse for a beer. He’s the ex-folk singer who is on here quite often. I think it might have been a character called Jon. But maybe not. I also found him amusing.

• hibbit

Nov 28, 2019 at 5:25 PM

is this the guy your asking about ????

jon

Jul 22, 2019 at 5:16 PM

Another horrendous weekend me and the mrs can put behind us….how many more ffs. ?

I read an article late Friday or early Saturday that the reason BZG were talking to a hedge fund was to fund player transfers, not for the purchase of the club…….for the life of me I cannot find it now :-/

And so, on to the pre sale celebratory pint or 2.

• Jib

Nov 28, 2019 at 5:48 PM

Hillsborough trial
    Duckenfield not guilty

• GeordieTwo

Nov 28, 2019 at 5:59 PM

With wor co-TGS in the lineup (Clark of course) I have no worries aboot a happy result vs Citeh!

• GeordieTwo

Nov 28, 2019 at 5:59 PM

A powerful goalscorer like Linty Joe will no doubt add a couple as well….

• GeordieTwo

Nov 28, 2019 at 6:01 PM

When do we drop Linty Joe from the starting lineup?

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 28, 2019 at 6:07 PM

Is there not still 30M in the pot from the Perez sale or has that gone on wages for the players that came in and the wages we got off the books don’t count??

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 28, 2019 at 6:09 PM

When I see post that state Ashley is not taking money out of the club, are they blindly defending him for the sake of it OR do they honestly believe that because, on the companies house records there is not a headline saying ”paid myself 15M pounds” that is the case.

• geordietom

Nov 28, 2019 at 6:09 PM

Astanta 2 – man u 1 …

is Ole Gunnar Solskjær next for the chop ?…

• Jib

Nov 28, 2019 at 6:12 PM

Tom
    I don’t think so
    They played loads of bairns

• Mister Tuff

Nov 28, 2019 at 6:12 PM

HEALTH and SAFETY WARNING.

I feel obliged to inform fellow posters to be aware of the dangers of reading the DT (and other right wing rags) and in particular reading the TV schedule pages. I have been informed that there are subliminal messages contained in the TV pages which turns the unaware reader into Nazis and right wing Fascists. For your own health stop this practice.

As an alternative check out the truth:-

• jane

Nov 28, 2019 at 6:13 PM

and had already qualified

• geordietom

Nov 28, 2019 at 6:17 PM

cheers jib and jane …

didn’t watch it …

• Jib

Nov 28, 2019 at 6:19 PM

Jail for Ashley
    Is there not still 30M in the pot from the Perez sale

It depends whether Leicester are paying on the drip

We won’t know that until the accounts for this year
    come out

• jane

Nov 28, 2019 at 6:22 PM

i think we will buy another £20m+ player in January. the new strategy is to buy quality (?) players.