web analytics

Outstanding News As Star Gives Big Hint About Future Intentions

Early last month, Jetro Willems was asked about making his stay on Tyneside a permanent one. He seemed to waffle a bit with his answer as he gave a non-committed response. This is what the Dutchman said three weeks ago:

“It is not a big deal now. We are in November. It is the 11th game and we have a long time to go and I don’t want to think about it.

“It is not my priority. Of course at the end of the season, but now I just want to enjoy football and get some wins.”

In our eyes, it appeared that Jetro was keeping all options open to see if another opportunity arose. This would be perfectly understandable for the 25-year-old who is finally getting a run in the first team after a frustrating time at Frankfurt the past few seasons.

Jetro Willems gave an interview on Dutch TV after the big win yesterday and his answer was a lot better sounding to us. The Chronicle have noted that Jetro was more definitive in his response about his future this time around.

This is what Jetro had to say regarding his future with Newcastle:

“I’m not so concerned about it at the moment. But if I keep on going, I won’t give Newcastle a choice.”

While he still says he’s not concerned at the moment, the second part of his answer certainly alludes to a preference to remain with Newcastle. He’s also spot on with his assessment that if he keeps on going, Newcastle will want to activate his £10m clause to make the loan spell a permanent one.

The interviewer then noted that Jetro often referred to Newcastle as ‘us’ and asked if it was his preference to stay with the Magpies. Jetro gave the answer that we all wanted to hear:

“Yes, that’s actually right!”

Jetro went on to talk about how he feels his game suits the Premier League better than Germany:

“I am fitter. The intensity here is much higher than in the Bundesliga, I think, and that suits me.”

With the way Jetro has performed over the past couple of months, there are few better left-backs playing in England at the moment. If Newcastle do get Jetro signed up after this season, and for only £10m, then that is going to be some bit of business.

Willems has it all to play wing-back in the Premier League. He’s fast, strong, can attack, defend, and has some rocket of a shot – even with his opposite foot. We are just so impressed with Jetro and think he is just such a complete player.

Who Was Newcastle's Man Of The Match Against Manchester City?

• Martin Dubravka (33%, 354 )
  • Jonjo Shelvey (18%, 191 )
  • Jetro Willems (15%, 163 )
  • Federico Fernandez (12%, 132 )
  • A. Saint-Maximin (7%, 76 )
  • Miguel Almiron (6%, 60 )
  • Isaac Hayden (4%, 47 )
  • Javier Manquillo (2%, 17 )
  • Joelinton (1%, 11 )
  • Ciaran Clark (1%, 9 )
  • Christian Atsu (1%, 7 )
  • Paul Dummett (0%, 3 )
  • Dwight Gayle (0%, 1 )

Total Voters: 1,071

Loading ... Loading ...

• Bobbybee

Dec 1, 2019 at 12:09 PM

Get him signed now before somebody beats us to it as usual. He’s far and away too good to let slip through our fingers.

• Unused Substitute

Dec 1, 2019 at 12:14 PM

Defensively he is suspect. Worked out for him because Man City is left sided.

• Nufc-83

Dec 1, 2019 at 12:20 PM

Great post Geordiegav bang on.

• Assassins Inc

Dec 1, 2019 at 12:22 PM

Bobby, totally on the same page, maybe a few afternoons with Sir Alan would help Migs.

If only that first shot didn’t hit the post On his debut, stupid posts.

• Nufc-83

Dec 1, 2019 at 12:26 PM

Also completely agree Miggy was fantastic yesterday and deserved a minimum of a 7 if not an 8.

• TomaKaThor

Dec 1, 2019 at 12:34 PM

Definitely need to sign him,shocked nobody else bigger came for him, easily could get into almost any team.

• Nufc-83

Dec 1, 2019 at 12:37 PM

I’m sure we have an agreed price and exclusive deal agreed for Willems? I thought I read that around the time of signing him.

• martoon

Dec 1, 2019 at 12:37 PM

I was there yesterday and while there were some empty seats there were nowhere near as many as previous games so around the 50000 mark was probably about right although they do count ST holders even if they are not there!
    I mentioned earlier but did anybody else think the MOTD editing gave a completely distorted view of the game? Yes Man City dominated possession but we had more attacks than the 2 goals and ASM was running riot against Walker and had a definite claim for a penalty – none of which were shown!

• martoon

Dec 1, 2019 at 12:42 PM

Watford sack their manager (again!)

• simon376

Dec 1, 2019 at 12:43 PM

Bobby

The only real gaps I could see from the East Stand was the section closed off next to away fans then a few in the corner of the John Hall and Milburn. I thought a lot more there than recently, though thought the actual number may have been closer to 47/48K but did seem more than there has been