web analytics

Players Have Their Say After Big Performance

Some of Newcastle’s players flocked to social media after the big performance yesterday. There was a common theme of redemption and belief in their posts.

Isaac Hayden referenced the poor performance against Aston Villa as he praised the team’s reaction on Saturday. It was a much-improved display and Isaac was just so committed to the cause yesterday.

Federico Fernandez also sent out a tweet about the fight the lads showed yesterday. He was such a warrior at the back yesterday. What player he has been this year for Newcastle. Of course, Fede also referenced the support from the fans yesterday.

The soft-spoken Christian Atsu just tweeted a couple of photographs of the lads celebrating Jonjo’s wonderful strike.

Alan Saint-Maximin was also brief with his post as he just simply tweeted ‘Never Give Up’ with a clip from the movie Gladiator. It’s a fitting reference we suppose.

Then it was to Instagram for one of our big heroes from yesterday, Jetro Willems. Jetro hit the nail on the head as it was a tremendous team effort yesterday. Oh, and he should be happy with his goal. It was some finish from a left-back with his opposite foot.

• IrishRob

Dec 1, 2019 at 11:35 AM

Howay!

• IrishRob

Dec 1, 2019 at 11:43 AM

I swear if Miggy ever scores there is going to be seismic activity around Newcastle, his work rate and attitude make him such a likeable person.

• bettyswallocks

Dec 1, 2019 at 11:50 AM

Great battling performance from the lads yesterday with special credit going to Dubs, Manquillo and Willems. We just need a more structured attack with a proper focal point at CF and we will be OK.

• boss hoggs atm

Dec 1, 2019 at 11:50 AM

The next 4 games will determine our season…

• Assassins Inc

Dec 1, 2019 at 11:54 AM

Watching Miggy running at goal, every person that supports Newcastle is praying that he scores.

The kid deserves a goal with the amount of running he does, I have the feeling December will be the month he finally breaks the bank.

• bettyswallocks

Dec 1, 2019 at 11:54 AM

Lesh…………. Just curious as to why you didn’t get to see the game yesterday. I would have thought for a proper fan prioritising your time on Matchdays to leave 90 minutes free was a no brainer.

Dare I asked if you got roped in to performing domestic duties?

• Bobbybee

Dec 1, 2019 at 11:59 AM

I was there yesterday and tbh I have no idea why the crowd was only 50k. There was scattered empty seats, but you had to look for them. What I did notice, was that a number of ST seats that have been empty lately, were occupied.
    I can’t see most of level 7 so I can only assume that’s where the missing 2k were.
    Whether it fits anybody’s agenda or not, fans have been dribbling back lately.
    I don’t have an agenda either way. As I’ve always said, your money, your time – as it is mine – do as you please. As long as I’m there, I don’t bother myself worrying about anybody else.
    Neither do I think anybody who quit should be worried about going back. It’s an entertainment and a hobby and a passion.

• IrishRob

Dec 1, 2019 at 12:00 PM

Did we ever try play a 5-3-2? Play the midfielders very centrally and have the wing backs cover the midfield when needed, or is that asking them to do too much work and tire them out early?

Play Miggy as the point or 3rd man in mf almost like a no.10 and play Maxi up with Joe. Be nice to see him try that maybe.

• Bobbybee

Dec 1, 2019 at 12:04 PM

Assassin, Miggy contribution is reflected by the fact that when he doesn’t play well, neither do we. Granted, he’s got a psychological block with goals right now, but overall, he contributes massively.
    Maybe a sports psychologist needs to work on him? Maybe they are already? It’ll come, and when it does it’ll be like buses.

• neverbeento wembly

Dec 1, 2019 at 12:43 PM

Win? I am on holiday in Mexico & when I saw these headlines I thought I had too much tequila & missed something. All things aside it shows what Fatty has done to club when a home tie is celebrated such. Remember beating Barca & hammering Man U. The quicker that slug slides away the better