web analytics

Should Newcastle Make Loan Move For Liverpool Starlet?

It’s been a dream season for Liverpool thus far. The Reds sit comfortably atop the league table after dispatching Everton 5-2 in the Merseyside derby yesterday. They maintain their 8 point advantage over Ayoze Perez and Leicester City in second and have won 14 of their 15 matches this campaign with one draw.

Their dominance has seen promising youngster Rhian Brewster not get much time on the pitch this season, however. The 19-year-old wonderkid has yet to make a Premier League appearance for Liverpool though he did start both Carabao Cup victories this season.

Due to the need for playing time to aid in his development, Jurgen Klopp is now open to allowing the striker to move on loan in the January window. The queue for the England under-21 international is getting quite long and now somewhat prestigious.

Rhian Brewster– Klopp to allow loan move for future star

In addition to Leeds and Swansea in the Championship, both Aston Villa and Crystal Palace have reportedly expressed interest in bringing Brewster in on loan for the remainder of the season.

It doesn’t end there as Bundesliga leaders Borussia Monchengladbach and also Klopp’s old club Dortmund have joined the race for the highly-rated youngster.

With Newcastle short on goals and the player not taking up a squad place at only 19, we wonder if Newcastle will try to make a move to get Brewster in on loan.

He would be a solid addition, though the issue could be that Liverpool would demand Brewster get a certain number of games, and that is always a dicey proposition with loan players.

This is one to keep an eye out on as the youngster is an immense talent and could provide Newcastle a very good option at striker.

• martoon

Dec 5, 2019 at 12:21 PM

justthetoonofus (good name by the way) – from earlier I don’t see why the tax investigation would put off potential buyers? As I understand it the main thrust of the investigation is against the agents and yes we may have been complicit in some dodgy payments but I would have thought the worst punishment will be a fine of a few million which in football terms and against the value of the club is not a ‘show stopper’.

• Just a fan

Dec 5, 2019 at 12:26 PM

Hibbit
    Bleaton.
    I was commenting on the hollyer than thou group just jumping in not on the comments.
    None of us are perfect just some of the egotists on here think they are.

• Just a fan

Dec 5, 2019 at 12:31 PM

Rob
    As far as I remember the land belonged to the ministry at Benton re the employees sports club.

• lesh

Dec 5, 2019 at 12:58 PM

Rather than borrowing other clubs’ talent, we should be investing in our own youth development system.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Dec 5, 2019 at 1:11 PM

Lesh I was just about to say the same, I find it a wee bit humiliating that we should be sniffing after other EPL clubs for loans, outright buys OK though.

Or loans with a agree to buy if we’re happy with the player would be OK. ie. Kenedy who proved to be a disappointment and was decided against.

Klopp has said he will only loan Brewster if he is guaranteed playing time anyway

• Essex Geordie Bill

Dec 5, 2019 at 1:12 PM

Apparently Leeds are after Gayle, so we might see him in the shop window tonight!

• NY Mag

Dec 5, 2019 at 1:13 PM

RobL,

That charge from December 2016 is to Ashley (when he lent us £33M when we were in the championship).

As we know that money has been paid back, but the charge has not been relinquished (I mentioned it a while ago that this is another example of shoddy paperwork/administration)

I suspect that once the accounts are released next year and therefore the £33M loan repayment is made official, then the charge will be removed.

• Scythe For Bruce

Dec 5, 2019 at 1:17 PM

I’d snap Brewster up on loan if possible. If he can grab the goals we need to push up the table (or just to keep us hovering around mid table) then that’s great for us. I know we’d likely be increasing the value of someone else’s player and not gaining anything in the long run, but I’m just taking it season by season with Ashley in charge.

It’s unlikely that Rhian would want to join us permanently or that we could even afford him, but it’s like applying a fresh bandage to patch the wound with Fat Ash pulling the purse strings. Like I said last night, he’s not going anywhere so I’ll take short term gains to keep us bobbing along and our heads above water.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Dec 5, 2019 at 1:22 PM

Some good pics on the NUFC site of the junior Magpies Xmas party.

Who is the player in no. 5 doing the keepy uppy?

Anybody on the blog there, either as a dad/mum or a junior Magpie?

• Essex Geordie Bill

Dec 5, 2019 at 1:25 PM

Scythe

Aye I get the logic of what you are saying but I still find it a bit of a disgrace that we need to do that!

• Essex Geordie Bill

Dec 5, 2019 at 1:27 PM

NY Mag

• Essex Geordie Bill

Dec 5, 2019 at 1:27 PM

Or 39 if you include Brewster!

• Essex Geordie Bill

Dec 5, 2019 at 1:28 PM

NY Mag

You get any sleep last night? 🙂

• NY Mag

Dec 5, 2019 at 1:35 PM

Bill,

About 4 hours……I never sleep well in strange hotels 🙂

• Rotonda heights

Dec 5, 2019 at 1:51 PM

just a fan

Irish rob, among other things, was constantly referring to people as ”retarded” and calling them ballsacks, while graphically describing his own sex life and referring to paedophiles. Taking the total lack of charm out of it, I’m sorry but that’s not really on unless you have no standards whatsoever. I’m no prude and was in the Royal navy and have heard far worse but it’s just not appropriate on a NUFC blog. He gave the wife and Neil little option.

• Rotonda heights

Dec 5, 2019 at 1:55 PM

willems is only on loan. harry wilson doing alright at bournemouth on loan too, as did Kenedy in his first loan spell.
    Loans may not be ideal but are a means to an end.

• RobLeenio

Dec 5, 2019 at 2:11 PM

NY Mag, cheers – I thought you may have something to say on the matter

😉

Thanks for clearing it up.

• RobLeenio

Dec 5, 2019 at 2:14 PM

I think loans work out quite well in certain circumstances. Rondon’s loan to us was a success, Islam Slimani less so. We should have turned Rondon’s loan into a permanent acquisition and failed to, but I’m very pleased we chose to take Slimani on loan rather than shelling out good cash for him.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Dec 5, 2019 at 2:36 PM

Willems is on loan from a non EPL club with, I believe an option to buy, I’m happy with that but would be very p!ssed off if we didn’t take up that option!

• Essex Geordie Bill

Dec 5, 2019 at 2:38 PM

NY Mag

When you say strange do you mean just somewhere you’re not used to, or is it a bit Hotel California-ish? 🙂

• NY Mag

Dec 5, 2019 at 2:47 PM

Bill,

I guess unfamiliar rather than strange 🙂

• Essex Geordie Bill

Dec 5, 2019 at 2:53 PM

Oops I’ve just been moderated, pity as I thought it was a fairly mild humorous comment!

• Unused Substitute

Dec 5, 2019 at 3:22 PM

Disciplinary action seems to have bleached the color. Many (or the significant ones) vanished. Only low decibel whispering of nice and courteous people. Totally unfamiliar for a football blog on a matchday.