web analytics

Four Newcastle Loan Boys In Action This Afternoon

Jacob Murphy was handed just his third start since September in Sheffield Wednesday’s 2-1 win at home against Brentford. He was replaced after 63 minutes for Adam Reach. The 24-year-old has made 17 appearances with 2 goals and 1 assist so far for the Owls.

Dan Barlaser’s string of six straight starts came to an end for Rotherham this afternoon. Rotherham were defeated 1-0 at home by Rochdale and were not able to capitalize on their big FA Cup comeback from Monday. The loss drops them to 8th in League One.

Liam Grimsby got another start for Grimsby Town as they were handily defeated at home 3-0 by Swindon Town. The Mariners are still looking for a new manager as they continue to struggle in League Two. They’ve not won in seven straight matches in all competitions. Gibson has made 15 appearances with 1 assist during his loan spell.

Elias Sorensen came on as a late substitute in Carlisle’s 1-1 draw at Morecambe. This was just the 8th appearance in the league for the 20-year-old with only of those being a start. We’ll have to see if new manager Chris Beech is eventually going to give Sorensen a bigger role than Steven Pressley did. However, it’s not looking likely at the moment. Newcastle target Jarrad Branthwaite played the entire match for Carlisle

After not featuring much at all for Lee Clark, Newcastle recalled goalkeeper Nathan Harker from Blyth Spartans on Friday.

What Will Be The Result Against Southampton On Sunday?

• Win (71%, 1,015 )
  • Draw (19%, 277 )
  • Loss (10%, 141 )

Total Voters: 1,433

Loading ... Loading ...

• Sports Direct FC

Dec 7, 2019 at 5:19 PM

Repost:

The Wife
    Most of us know you didn’t say that but then again we can actually read and comprehend things. Unfortunately to some on here the truth isn’t important. If you go against/disagree with that particular group you are a bottom dweller, Taliban and now les miserables.

• Bleatin' n Bruced

Dec 7, 2019 at 5:23 PM

Who is voting for a loss? I don’t get that at all. If you’re not confident vote draw – but a loss? I suppose welshie, ilovetoon88, bladey etc and quite a few mackems venture on here …..

• Bleatin' n Bruced

Dec 7, 2019 at 5:25 PM

Don’t worry Jane I’m not assuming I have official blog backing 😀 but it’s good to see that sensible debate doesn’t always get shot down as being a Fairweather fan, eh?

😉

• Ron Knee

Dec 7, 2019 at 5:26 PM

“I remember when I was at Barcelona with Mr Robson and Ronaldo Nazario scored a goal that is similar to Son’s. And this was an amazing goal. I know that he is going to reach the face of the keeper and the control he is unstoppable. The keeper is good, though, but he managed to put it in.” (Mourinho)

• geordietom

Dec 7, 2019 at 5:27 PM

have to agree with this …

Oldgit1

Dec 7, 2019 at 3:09 PM

The Wife endorsing B &B, give over, this guy is only happy when we are losing so he can continue his rants. Did you read his postings after our win on Thursday. Me thinks you have nailed your flag to the wrong mast.

So by all accounts all the posters that disagree with him are wrong uns. Impartial, this site is not…

sorry THE WIFE you have nailed your colors to the wrong mast ( red and white ) what you have done is endorsed

Tsunki to keep his RED AND WHITE gravatar on a NEWCASTLE UNITED BLOG ( we play in black and white by the way ) so with you putting your post on everything BLEATING says is right ??? and everything other people say is wrong ??? your post well you took sides with Tsunki and its sod everyone else . i’m not the only one ticked off with your comment …

oldgit sorry for putting your comment on mate but you are right …

• Bleatin' n Bruced

Dec 7, 2019 at 5:32 PM

Can we compete with Man City? Or Liverpool? Perish the idea that we should be so presumptuous! Can you imagine a team like, say, Leicester getting all uppity and above their station when they are just the sort to be dallying with relegation? Ha ha ha ha ha!

Our kind should jolly well know our place! It’s people like us, upstarts who think just because they got into cup finals and European matches more than 15 – yes that’s right FIFTEEN – whole years -that spoil it for decent folk from London, Manchester and Liverpool; proper, bona fide respectable cities, not these wee clubs that should just jolly well stay down there, keep quiet and not bother everyone with their “competitive” nonsense!!!

Harrruuummmmmmmpphhhhhhhh!!!!

😀

• Hail Wor Ashley

Dec 7, 2019 at 5:33 PM

Tsunki’s by far and away the biggest idiot on here, and that’s saying something.

• Ron Knee

Dec 7, 2019 at 5:34 PM

Tsunki

A prediction isn’t a loyalty test, surely?

• Bleatin' n Bruced

Dec 7, 2019 at 5:37 PM

Geordie Tom you are just simple and don’t understand so you are forgiven for thinking The Wife is “on my side” Oldgit on the other hand has long lived up to his monicker and wastes no opportunity to be contrary about everything I say, good or bad. He is different to you – he deliberately misconstrues everything for his own curmudgeonly whingeing purposes. I reckon he will get about 8 likes, at a guess, and I think we all know where they will come from 😉

• Bleatin' n Bruced

Dec 7, 2019 at 5:38 PM

Ron depends if you think it’s a prediction, a vote or a bet.

• Sports Direct FC

Dec 7, 2019 at 5:42 PM

tsunki

I voted for a loss…..have been for awhile. Even posted it on here before. Since I have been voting for a loss we have drawn or won every game…except Villa. So I will keep voting that way. Have to love superstition.

• Sports Direct FC

Dec 7, 2019 at 5:42 PM

Geordietom @5

No surprise there

• The Wife

Dec 7, 2019 at 5:52 PM

geordietom,

I can’t see how I’ve endorsed anything or anyone with my comments. My opinions are not the blog’s “Official Stance” on any given topic.

• Oldgit1

Dec 7, 2019 at 5:57 PM

@ B&B no, you are wrong there, I know you from old, I have seen you and your cronies ganging up on bobbybee and a few others in the past. Your comments are meaningless to me except when you have a go at fans or the team. By all means have a go at Ashley but your bitterness re Bruce is tiresome.

I don’t like what you stand for, who try and put other posters down and belittle them. You think you are something special but I only see a sad man who thinks he owns this site, now the wife endorses you, you will be in your element. You are pathetic.

• Scythe For Bruce

Dec 7, 2019 at 5:57 PM

With the stricter encroachment rules for penalties these days, I’d be a bit naughty and deliberately encroach once or twice (depending on how card happy the ref is that day) just to put the penalty taker off. Not in the spirit of the game of course, but it could help my keeper out a bit. Unless he makes the save and the encroachment goes against us, in which case, oops!

• Scythe For Bruce

Dec 7, 2019 at 5:59 PM

Man U with a second. Oh dear!

• Sports Direct FC

Dec 7, 2019 at 5:59 PM

Munster

“Trent you are probably right but what are we bashing him for when he has the team fighting so well for the shirt. What are you going to be like when we go on a bad run?”

“Tsunki I personally can live with 30% if guys like Fede can be rocks at the back and st max can offer a real source of concern to the opposition. Leicester did OK out of it.”

Oh Munster such hypocrisy, lets see that again. “but what are we bashing him for when he has the team fighting so well for the shirt.” You bashed Rafa every week and team fought every match for him too.

And this, this is the best. “Tsunki I personally can live with 30%” except you couldn’t when Rafa was here…that’s all you complained about, how we set back against “lesser” teams and put 11 men behind the ball against Man. City. What a f-ing joke. Any credibility you had left, if any, as “fair and balanced” just ran out the door screaming. Your in your face bias and closet hate for Rafa has never been more apparent.

• cyprus

Dec 7, 2019 at 6:01 PM

Shouldn’t jinx it but looks like I’ve won 21 Euros. Crazy that it was 7/1 for Man U to win the first half.

• Sports Direct FC

Dec 7, 2019 at 6:03 PM

And more hypocrisy

oldgit

“I don’t like what you stand for, who try and put other posters down and belittle them”

You mean like calling someone a “prize pr!ck”? or taliban? or bottom dwellers? The pot, kettle and black you know right?

• JohnReese

Dec 7, 2019 at 6:03 PM

I don’t know about anyone else but I genuinely can’t remember ever seeing Gabriel Jesus have a good game, I don’t really get the hype around him. Seems to do very little in a game, especially when compared to Agüero.

• Ron Knee

Dec 7, 2019 at 6:03 PM

Invest it wisely.

• Scythe For Bruce

Dec 7, 2019 at 6:04 PM

Pep wants to know the reason for the gap between them and Liverpool this season? Three words – Virgil Van Dijk. Liverpool’s defence is vastly superior and I know they still leak a bit at the back now and again, but they VVD to marshall that back line. Man City don’t have a solid, world class CB. They need to start looking for one if not in January, then definitely in the summer, otherwise they’ll be second best to the Scousers more often than not.

• Jib

Dec 7, 2019 at 6:05 PM

• Oldgit1

Dec 7, 2019 at 6:08 PM

@sports Direct FC what the hell are you on about, Find a post where I have ever used these words, that is slander my son, I want an apology. Immediately.

• Sports Direct FC

Dec 7, 2019 at 6:09 PM

Wife

Unfortunately trying to explain yourself will do no good. You have dared to go against the blog bullies and are now labelled as “bad” with the rest of us that don’t bow down to their tactics. welcome to the club.

• Sports Direct FC

Dec 7, 2019 at 6:10 PM

oldgit

you if fact called me that name….so no I wont apologize and the fact that you are demanding one from someone you called that, well just more hypocrisy.

• Oldgit1

Dec 7, 2019 at 6:10 PM

@ sports direct, I’m serious on this it’s absolute slander. I want an apology NOW.

• Sports Direct FC

Dec 7, 2019 at 6:14 PM

Oldgit

Oh, you are serious. Well then that changes….absolutely nothing. We are all held accountable for our actions and now yours is coming to light.

• Sports Direct FC

Dec 7, 2019 at 6:15 PM

In the meantime just keep supporting those that keep using the terms bottom dwellers, taliban, etc.

• Munster Mag

Dec 7, 2019 at 6:26 PM

Sports Direct your moniker says all we need to know about you. I highlighted issues with rafa and you couldn’t handle if. Deal with it. Bruce’s football isn’t great but neither was rafa’s. But it was acceptable under rafa but not under Bruce. Don’t engage with me until you learn to deal with your own hypocrisy.