web analytics

Two Changes In Our Predicted Lineup For Southampton

This is our predicted lineup for tomorrow’s match against Southampton. We have Joelinton returning for Andy Carroll at striker. Fabian Schar comes in for Paul Dummett at the back.

With Joelinton, we just can’t see Carroll starting two games in three days after making his first start in 10 months on Thursday. So it’ll most likely be a return for the Brazilian.

With two games in three days, we think Bruce will make a change at his deepest position of center-back.

Fabian Schar is one of our best defenders but hasn’t gotten back into the team since returning from injury three games ago. We predict Bruce will put the Swiss international back in tomorrow to rotate the squad. We have him coming in for Paul Dummett.

This shakes up the backline a little bit with Fernandez moving centrally and Ciaran Clark moving to the left of the back three.

The rest of the team is the same though we contemplated having Christian Atsu in for Allan Saint-Maximin, who looked hobbled after the game on Thursday. We haven’t heard any news on the Frenchman, so we assume he will be fit to play.

We have the bench looking something like this with a bit more of an attacking bent. So that means DeAndre Yedlin will be in for Emil Krafth.

Darlow, Yedlin, Dummett, S. Longstaff, Atsu, Gayle, Carroll

A win is expected and it will move us into the top half of the table. However, we think this is going to be a battle. Southampton have won their last two and Newcastle just have a habit of not turning up at the worst possible times.

We think they’ll pull out a victory tomorrow, but it’s likely to be another nervy affair.

What Will Be The Result Against Southampton On Sunday?

• Win (71%, 1,015 )
  • Draw (19%, 277 )
  • Loss (10%, 141 )

Total Voters: 1,433

Loading ... Loading ...

• Bobbybee

Dec 7, 2019 at 12:37 PM

So, let me get this right. A proper supporter doesn’t go to games and spends his time attacking the players and those who do. 😀 Glad I got that sorted. Gonna watch Chelsea at Everton.

• Bleatin' n Bruced

Dec 7, 2019 at 12:39 PM

When you want to come back at my posts try it with less emotion and selectiveness –

“..a ground out and slightly lucky win..”

There’s no argument there, that’s what it was! So to my question – is that us, then? Is that all you want from this club? No honours, just regular weekly celebrations of survival?

• Bleatin' n Bruced

Dec 7, 2019 at 12:40 PM

Attacking the players?

• Essex Geordie Bill

Dec 7, 2019 at 12:40 PM

Wondered when the bus would move, aint gonna bovver reposting!

• Essex Geordie Bill

Dec 7, 2019 at 12:42 PM

BnB

Think you ought to slow down a bit and check before you post. 🙂

Incidentally I do and still make mistakes! 🙂

• Essex Geordie Bill

Dec 7, 2019 at 12:46 PM

I like big Dunc, but still want to see his new team lose.

He was a sicknote with us but unfortunately a genuine one unlike some of the tw^ts we’ve had.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Dec 7, 2019 at 12:47 PM

Anyway, stuff to do, later!

• Bleatin' n Bruced

Dec 7, 2019 at 12:51 PM

It’s only a bit of perspective, we certainly need it. The facts are, despite the gloss and temporary relief of a few wins this is still Ashley’s nufc run his way for his benefit only, business as usual while we argue about managers and who is the best kind of supporter.

• Bleatin' n Bruced

Dec 7, 2019 at 12:52 PM

Oh and Jane, did you have your season ticket while we were in the championship?

• jane

Dec 7, 2019 at 12:55 PM

no but i still wanted us to win.

• Munster Mag

Dec 7, 2019 at 12:57 PM

Tsunki it’s not necessarily what Bobby “wants”. It’s about who he is as a fan. I completely get that. He and I could be long dead before we ever see a keegan style nufc again and in the meantime we support. Because we love nufc, the black and white shirt etc. I was at the company Christmas party last night and got talking to two man u fans. They don’t ‘love’ man u the way I love nufc. Not even comparable. They said the same, but they are lifelong fans and they have seen man u win so much. I love our club and the owner will never change that. It’s just the way it is. I was there when we beat Grimsby to go up. I was there when we tonked Leicester to win the old second division. I love the mags and fat boy Ashley won’t be changing that anytime soon. HTL.

• Bleatin' n Bruced

Dec 7, 2019 at 1:08 PM

Munster where did I say I didn’t support the club?

• Bleatin' n Bruced

Dec 7, 2019 at 1:09 PM

Sorry, rephrase that, support the TEAM

• Bleatin' n Bruced

Dec 7, 2019 at 1:11 PM

Jane where did I say I didn’t want us to win?

This seems to be the route when arguing, tell someone they don’t want us to win, don’t support the team, Fairweather fan, mackem… Still no addressing the main issue. Which is – we are STILL just coasting along in a locked pattern after nearly 13 years.

• Assassins Inc

Dec 7, 2019 at 1:13 PM

Holy shite man, did we lose our last three games.

If I was a supporter and just found Ed’s blog and decided to sign up Today I would honestly think we just lost our last few games.

I don’t care right now if we have 10% possession, I don’t care who scores the goals, I don’t care who the manager was then and now.

All I care about is that we stay in the Prem and someone looks at us and thinks we are worth buying due to the fact our fans are totally the best in the Prem and our club could be the next Man City.

Can we not just enjoy the fact we are not sitting in the bottom three and have a real chance of being in the top half come Monday.

Support the Players, support the current Manager and Hate Ashley, this should be every fans agenda.

• jane

Dec 7, 2019 at 1:29 PM

Bleatin’ n Bruced probably best for you not to post after a win.

• Bleatin' n Bruced

Dec 7, 2019 at 1:30 PM

Assassin – that’s great. All you care about is wishful thinking then? I think every toon fan is happy we are winning games because it means we are less likely to enjoy the championship again. That’s not the point. Do you know what is? Sorry if it rains on your parade but reality is what it is. Revisit your thoughts come season end and see if they are the same.

• JohnJ

Dec 7, 2019 at 1:31 PM

I don’t have a season ticket and due to health issues rarely get to live games (but I did in the past) It doesn’t make me or anyone else less of a supporter because I’m not at St James’ Park every other week! I’m Black & White through and though! I was born in Yorkshire but I lived in Whitle y Bay most of my life and supported NUFC since around 1956. When Newcastle get beaten it’s painful & yes I’d love to see Newcastle win the league but alas I don’t think it’ll happen in the time I have left on this planet.

What I’m trying to say is just because you’re fortunate enough to see most of lithe games it does not make anyone more or less of a fan! Show respect to all……. ?

• Bleatin' n Bruced

Dec 7, 2019 at 1:32 PM

Jane – I didn’t. Because everyone was enjoying it. But now we look forward to the next game which I hope we will win. But why should fans let Ashley off the hook because his fill-in coach is getting a few results? The deep lying problems still exist despite the icing on this crappy cake.

• Bleatin' n Bruced

Dec 7, 2019 at 1:34 PM

Exactly johnj. I pointed the season ticket thing out to Jane because she called me a Fairweather fan. I expected “mackem” next. If you check back on my posts for years you will see me supporting the allegiance of fans on this worldwide blog. The only problem i have is when they assert themselves about local things they don’t really know about, but not about allegiance.

• Bleatin' n Bruced

Dec 7, 2019 at 1:36 PM

Congratulations bobbybee on still getting hearts for your erroneous accusations. Cool blogging. 😐

• Mindshaft

Dec 7, 2019 at 1:37 PM

I’m more than happy we’re winning , would I like to see us play better football…most definitely. Sadly it’s not going to happen anytime soon, talking to fans of Spurs, Brighton and reading blogs of Sheff U, Man City as well as others we are the worst team in the prem to watch…unless of course you’re a toon fan – We need to stay in Prem because if we go down again I imagine a lot of players will try and leave and I’m not sure we’ll get out of it so easy next time.

Everton winning which if it stays like this we’ll be 4 points from relegation and 4 points from 5th…. what a weird season

• Munster Mag

Dec 7, 2019 at 1:41 PM

Tsunki in reality we probably are where our historical average is, covering all owners – about a middling team with great fans. I sort nufc, with or without a good or bad owner. If we fall down to Sunderlands level you probably won’t be supporting nufc anymore, disgusted by a stupid owner. I’ll hate the owner but I will be 100% supporting nufc

• Munster Mag

Dec 7, 2019 at 1:45 PM

A nufc fan posts with Sunderland colours as his avatar and isn’t taken seriously by Bobby, a lifelong hard core fan. Go figure.

• Pain in the Blog

Dec 7, 2019 at 1:56 PM

Painful Predictions No. 5

I think that we will win against Southampton and Manure will be beaten by Citeh. Having said that, Allan Saint-Maximin is reportedly being assessed for an ankle/foot injury and is only 50/50 to start on Sunday so by taking out one of most potent attacking threats there’s a possibility that it could end in a draw.

Apart from that, I believe that all of the teams above us will win and all the teams below us will lose. So, provided that we get the win, the only change in the table will be us leapfrogging ManU to go tenth. Could be worse.

• Unused Substitute

Dec 7, 2019 at 2:04 PM

Getting points by constantly living on the edge. Edge of our own goal line, I mean. Not genrally combining on the few occasions we venture forward. To me it’s not a resolute team performance but inspired individual performance. Bruce’s man management seems effective in that regard. Only that such performances leave me nervous.

• Assassins Inc

Dec 7, 2019 at 2:04 PM

BNB? All I care about is Wishful thinking, lol.

Not true, I also care that we are not Watford.

I also care Im not a Sunderland Supporter.

I also care that your not a Newcastle United supporter.

• The Wife

Dec 7, 2019 at 2:07 PM

Tsunki, I get you. Even if no one else on the blog does. 🙂

• Munster Mag

Dec 7, 2019 at 2:14 PM

You must have had some very boring lecturers at college Wife and they helped build immunity.