web analytics

Will Newcastle Replenish With Youth In January?

Newcastle have been linked with quite a few teenagers lately as they may look to add to their development ranks this winter. Recently there’s been reports that Newcastle are tracking Portuguese 16-year-old Matchoi Djalo as well as Carlisle’s 17-year-old center-back Jarrad Branthwaite.

But there’s been much more than just those two over the past few months. Our hope is that Newcastle start to bring in a few youngsters to help strengthen the Academy.

During their Q&A yesterday, the Athletic’s Chris Waugh was asked explicitly about buying some 17-20 year-olds for the Academy. Chris confirmed that some money has been set aside for the development squad.

Newcastle have set money aside to sign players for their development squad, and I know they’ve been watching a few youngsters in England, Scotland, and France, so it wouldn’t surprise me if they made a move either in January or the summer for some of those.

It seems that the number of youngsters that Newcastle have been tracking has risen over the past few months, so hopefully, we can get some in this January.

Bruce has stated that he wants more players in the reserves that are close to the first team. So it could very well be a strategy to get some of these teenagers in over the next few transfer windows.

We think it would be a sound policy to bring in at least 3-4 top youngsters every year. It was even a plan that Kevin Keegan endorsed this past September as the best way for Newcastle to progress going forward. This is part of what Keegan had to say:

“I think this time it has to start with youngsters coming through again. It has to be a different way.

“You won’t get big-name players to Newcastle because the really big ones will now go to Man United, Man City or Liverpool, Tottenham or Arsenal or Chelsea, and then after that you are pitching in with the others.”

This summer the club brought in three free-agents in Ludwig Francillette, Kyle Scott, and Jake Turner for the Under-23s. However, we would like to see a lot more come in over the next few windows.

• Bleatin' n Bruced

Dec 7, 2019 at 6:12 PM

I am not the owner of this site.

I am not endorsed by this site.

I am not agreed with by everyone on this site.

I am just another one of hundreds of posters on this site.

• Oldgit1

Dec 7, 2019 at 6:13 PM

@ sports direct. I’m serious find me the post where I have ever used them words GO on find it.

I will not let you remark go away. I will insist on a public apology.

• Oldgit1

Dec 7, 2019 at 6:16 PM

@ b & b yea right.

• Oldgit1

Dec 7, 2019 at 6:17 PM

Looks like sports direct Fc is one of your cronies backing you.

Dec 7, 2019 at 6:18 PM

repost

Oldgit
    Oh, you are serious. Well then that changes….absolutely nothing. We are all held accountable for our actions and now yours is coming to light.

• Oldgit1

Dec 7, 2019 at 6:18 PM

Come on Sports direct have you found anything yet. I’m waiting.

Dec 7, 2019 at 6:19 PM

oldgit

lol and it continues. “Looks like sports direct Fc is one of your cronies backing you.”

and now I am a crony. and you want an apology. think you should look in the mirror. you are the only one calling people names.

Dec 7, 2019 at 6:20 PM

repost

In the meantime just keep supporting those that keep using the terms bottom dwellers, taliban, etc.

Dec 7, 2019 at 6:20 PM

I tell you what oldgit…..when I have the time I will find it but when I do and post it here, you leave the blog….forever. deal?

• Oldgit1

Dec 7, 2019 at 6:21 PM

Sports direct can’t find anything because I never ever use phrases like he has put up. I am waiting, you are happy to put them in a post as an accusation, But you are a liar, you have been caught out. I want an apology NOW.

Dec 7, 2019 at 6:23 PM

Oldgit

You think a post from months ago can be found in five minutes?? Ask Ed or neil to find it, I am sure they can do it a lot quicker than I can.

Dec 7, 2019 at 6:23 PM

and now I am a liar…….nope you never call people names. lol

• Ron Knee

Dec 7, 2019 at 6:24 PM

Slander

“The action or crime of making a false spoken statement damaging to a person’s reputation.”

The world’s first talking blog.

• Oldgit1

Dec 7, 2019 at 6:25 PM

Don’t be an idiot, you will not find one, only certain people use those sorts of words I’m not one of them.

Now I’m still waiting for an apology in BLOCK LETTERS, I will never have my character blackened in any way. Come on big man I’m waiting.

Dec 7, 2019 at 6:25 PM

So can anyone tell what the quickest way to search posts from months ago is??

• Jib

Dec 7, 2019 at 6:26 PM

You see what happens to the blog when the admin
    are perceived to take sides?
    The Wife please take note.
    In its heyday this blog bent over backwards to remain
    its impartiality

Dec 7, 2019 at 6:26 PM

Oldgit

Obviously I am a bigger man than you….read your posts, all you do is name call and support those that do.

• Bleatin' n Bruced

Dec 7, 2019 at 6:27 PM

Oldgit I suggest you get back to barking at me that bulging vein on your temple isn’t looking good 🙂

Dec 7, 2019 at 6:27 PM

Jib

Someone’s perception is not the blogs problem. And if you would actually read what she wrote and then continued to explain you might have a clue.

• Munster Mag

Dec 7, 2019 at 6:31 PM

SD you are a hypocrite and I have replied to you earlier. The likes of you wud not allow discussions about rafa and that’s where I christened you and your ilk as the taliban. I’m utterly pleased it sunk in deep and continues to strike a nerve.

• Lilongwe Geordie

Dec 7, 2019 at 6:31 PM

The problem isn’t what The Wife said. She is perfectly entitled to her opinion, and she is speaking for herself, not the blog. The problem is the incredible and childish overreacting to it and the ridiculous responses by people.

• geordietom

Dec 7, 2019 at 6:32 PM

is it acceptable to have Sunderland colors and club crest on a Newcastle United Blog …

this is for THE WIFE can you please ask Tsunki/ bleating to change his gravatar / avatar if you dont mind …

• Jib

Dec 7, 2019 at 6:32 PM

retain even

• Oldgit1

Dec 7, 2019 at 6:32 PM

You unfortunately have picked on someone who cares about his reputation, I will not stand by and let your post go unchallenged. Come on still waiting.

• Jib

Dec 7, 2019 at 6:33 PM

or even maintain

• Bleatin' n Bruced

Dec 7, 2019 at 6:33 PM

I might have singled out certain players for criticism but we all do don’t we? Nobody’s immune from that. But I don’t recall lambasting the players or the team per se.

So that’s a lie.

I have thought we were going to get beaten a couple of times and lamented our lack of quality to find we scraped a win instead. But I have never willed us to lose or celebrated a loss.

So that’s a lie.

I used to be a ST holder and kept it going through relegations. I don’t just follow us when we are winning and then not bother when we lose and I haven’t been a Fairweather or plastic fan.

So that’s a lie.

I don’t hang around the blog as part of a cartel of miseries waiting to pounce on losses and say I told you so just for the sake of it.

So that’s a lie.

Dec 7, 2019 at 6:35 PM

Munster

Nothing like just avoiding everything I wrote. No worries its there for all to see.
    and this:
    “SD you are a hypocrite and I have replied to you earlier. The likes of you wud not allow discussions about rafa and that’s where I christened you and your ilk as the Taliban”

Completely untrue, I have always allowed discussion and joined in on a good discussion. But please don’t try to explain why the difference in your attitude with Bruce…..we all know.

Dec 7, 2019 at 6:36 PM

and Munster….please show me about any hypocrisy I have displayed in here. My stance on topics are put out there for all to read.

• Jib

Dec 7, 2019 at 6:36 PM

Lilongwe Geordie

You are wrong

She confirmed I was banned for a week

She is admin

• toon22

Dec 7, 2019 at 6:37 PM

Hiya JIB

Poor show from the PR lately

Hahahahaha

• Bleatin' n Bruced

Dec 7, 2019 at 6:37 PM

Geordietom – you don’t like free speech? Take a trip to North Korea. Apparently here you can be likened to a member of the Taliban. That’s not insulting is it? An organisation widely accredited with multiple atrocities but hey it’s all-in the spirit of fun. And it’s coming from the guy who nearly spat his mash out when I said “don’t have a thrombo” to him in the style of Austin Powers. 😐

• Bleatin' n Bruced

Dec 7, 2019 at 6:38 PM

Jib – you after another one then, sunbeam? 😀

• Munster Mag

Dec 7, 2019 at 6:39 PM

SD I’m giving Bruce a chance because he is the nufc boss. Is that enough. Rafa had95% support. If some of the criticism didn’t suit you feel free to bdebate. In fact don’t bother I’m watching munster.

Dec 7, 2019 at 6:39 PM

Oldgit1

Once again you cannot search months of posts in a few minutes. Once again maybe ed or neil or the wife can help, once again I have no idea how search for that stuff….but I will continue. Don’t worry.

• toon22

Dec 7, 2019 at 6:40 PM

Munster
    Hahahahaha

Yeh right

• Oldgit1

Dec 7, 2019 at 6:40 PM

Comments and accusations by anyone on any social media site is part of history and can be used against them.i have known people to lose their jobs because the either liked a comment or wrote some in jest.

Dec 7, 2019 at 6:42 PM

Munster

I already wrote what I needed to, you consistantly bashed Rafa and now support Bruce for the same thing all behind a veil of you liked Rafa. I have showed you your own words…..Its blatant hypocrisy, which I already knew. Now its there for everyone to see.

I don’t need to debate Rafa…..he is gone. Just don’t claim to be fair and balanced when obviously you are not.

Dec 7, 2019 at 6:43 PM

Oldgit1

“I will keep this going for ever if need be, I will not stand by and allow someone on this blog to tarnish my reputation.”

You don’t need my help to do that.

• Lilongwe Geordie

Dec 7, 2019 at 6:44 PM

Jib,
    Completely different topic that, but hey ho.

I think most who venture on here regularly were pretty certai. You had been banned, so I’m not sure what your issue with her clarifying and making a statement of fact is, I think you should probably focus more on not doing what got you banned in the first place.

If you don’t like people knowing you are banned, then don’t get yourself banned.

• Oldgit1

Dec 7, 2019 at 6:47 PM

I can tell you that your search will be fruitless. For someone who is so sure I have said these things, yet can’t produce anything, is making you look a bit stupid.

Now you are asking for help to find something that doesn’t exist