web analytics

‘It Feels Great’ – Magpie Gives Promising Update On Long Term Problem

Andy Carroll made his first start of the season last week at Sheffield United and then came on Saturday to help save the day with his second assist in as many games.

Other than the 34-minute outing again Manchester United, those were Andy’s two longest appearances of the season. Steve Bruce has been deliberate in his attempts to get the striker to full fitness this season.

Andy’s only played a bit part thus far, but it seems like his involvement will be ramped up going forward.

Since Carroll made his triumphant return in the otherwise tepid Brighton draw, he’s made 9 appearances for his hometown team. Though his return to full fitness has twice been interrupted by minor injuries that forced him to miss two matches.

Andy Carroll– making his season debut at St James Park

His first setback was before the Wolves match where he missed out due to a groin problem. Andy returned the following week at West Ham and played in the two games after that.

However, it was another problem with bruised ribs that forced him to miss the draw against Manchester City. Now Andy has come back and played a significant role in his last two appearances.

While Andy has missed a couple of games, the outstanding news is that he has not suffered any reaction with his surgically repaired ankle. In fact, from his recent comments, it appears as though his ankle is the best it’s felt in years.

Speaking to the Chronicle, this is what Andy had to say about his ankle:

“It’s no problem at all, I don’t even think about it.

“It’s brilliant. It was hard when the ankle was playing up, but as you can see it’s the same size as the other one when in the past it hasn’t been.

“It’s feeling good. I like to get myself about so it’s been tough when I haven’t been mobile and been a bit stiff.

“But I’m feeling good. I’m working hard in the gym and with the staff.

“I’m protecting myself through the week’s training, with the manager helping with the days and what I do and what I don’t do.

“It feels great.”

This is a great update from the Geordie striker. He had the surgery to repair a long-standing problem with the ankle and so far, so good. For him to be able to get to the point where he doesn’t even think about shows tremendous progress.

We think Newcastle have handled Andy Carroll brilliantly and hope that continues going forward. So far he’s made a remarkable return to Newcastle. He seems to be only getting better with each passing game.

• AncientC

Dec 10, 2019 at 6:51 PM

Just a fan: from earlier. I only play rapid now, there are far too many cheats/people getting help from engines in the blitz games.

I will let you divulge your rating first; if you get around to it.

• Charlie in the Gallowgate

Dec 10, 2019 at 6:54 PM

RIP Jim Smith ex manager

• Bambams

Dec 10, 2019 at 6:59 PM

Charlie

Just seen that fella, what a shame.

RIP Jim Smith

• Essex Geordie Bill

Dec 10, 2019 at 7:01 PM

repost for my wonderful fans. 🙂

MA
    Listen worm, what’s this I hear about you turning my advertising site into a Bus depot.
    IIIIs
    Sorry boss don’t know what you’re talking about.
    MA
    I’m hearing all of this talk about having buses parked on the pitch, are they being charged to park and more importantly are they blocking my signage?
    IIIIs
    Boss there’s no buses being parked it’s football terminology for defensive football.
    MA
    Oh, so thy’re not there to bus students in to fill the ground?
    IIIIs
    No boss, cos we’re parking the bus even they don’t want to turn up.
    MA
    Why, the on pitch workers are winning games aren’t they, just what does parking the bus mean, you know I know nothing about football, so in simple terms explain it.
    IIIIs
    In simple terms boss we effectively have nine men plus the goalkeeper standing in the goalmouth and one player up field to score when the ball comes to him.
    MA
    Ah, so that £10m we spent on that goal putter inna has paid off.
    IIIIs
    £10m boss, thought it was £40m.
    MA
    Oh, yes £40m, let’s not talk about that but he Is scoring lots of goals?
    IIIIs
    No boss it’s mainly the defenders who are scoring!
    MA
    There you go blethering again, how can they score if they are stuck on a bus.
    IIIIs
    It’s really simple boss, when the £10m err, £40m man wins a corner or a free kick the whole of the team except the goal keeper floods their penalty box and one of them scores.
    MA
    Oh, OK now what about those empty seats, have we ran out of mannequins.
    IIIIs
    Yes boss can’t you buy up some more shops.
    MA
    Working on it, how much is there in the shop buying kitty.
    IIIIs
    Do you mean the January transfer fund boss.
    MA
    Don’t be stupid you idiot, of course that’s what I mean.
    IIIIs
    I thought you’d told Steve he could have that.
    Yes, so what!
    IIIIs
    Err, nothing boss, are we going to have to move the goal posts again/
    MA
    What! Oh it’s that time of year again isn’t it, let’s get on with sorting out a new buyer, get Amanda on the phone!

• Charlie in the Gallowgate

Dec 10, 2019 at 7:01 PM

Band
    The ‘Bald Eagle’ has flown

• Charlie in the Gallowgate

Dec 10, 2019 at 7:04 PM

Should be ‘Bams’
    Bloody auto correct
    Wonder how long it would take to write a post in Geordie
    Not gannin oot owa cad

• Essex Geordie Bill

Dec 10, 2019 at 7:06 PM

I always believed that he played for us for some reason, seems I was wrong.

Not our best manager but not our worst either.

RIP Jim.

• Ron Knee

Dec 10, 2019 at 7:13 PM

What a goal from Salah.

• G

Dec 10, 2019 at 7:16 PM

Never a fan of Smith when he managed us, but he had to work with what he had (deja vu). RIP smudge.

• Bambams

Dec 10, 2019 at 7:19 PM

Charlie

I liked Jim Smith, he and Bobby Saxon had one hell of a Whiskey bill at the Gosforth Park Hotel by all accounts.

He was unlucky when he managed us.

Good football bloke, such a shame.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Dec 10, 2019 at 7:20 PM

toon22

Can I ask you a serious question, just what have you done to oust Ashlie?

You have admitted that this is the only blog that you inhabit. So you are repeating the same message over and over to the same people ad nauseum.

These incidentally are people who desire as much as you do to see a change of owner, so why keep telling us what we already know.

I believe that you are an out and out wum who’s sole purpose in life is to wind up honest and committed genuine Toon supporters for your own vanity and gratification because it serves no other purpose on this blog.

To be perfectly honest the only real value to the blog for your comments is that it raises the hits for Ed and Neil, so from that aspect please do continue.

But nothing you have done has had any affect on getting rid of Ashlie, all you have really done is driven off some very good posters, I hope you get some satisfaction from that.

Oh and by the way there is no PR presence on this blog, that is only in your mind.

• G

Dec 10, 2019 at 7:22 PM

Back of the net EGB. Say something interesting or say nothing Toon22

• hibbit

Dec 10, 2019 at 7:23 PM

Bambams

used to often find the pair of them keeping the bar up in the Three Mile Inn, both liked a drink or two,
    R.I.P

• Essex Geordie Bill

Dec 10, 2019 at 7:27 PM

Got to go, back later!

• Jib

Dec 10, 2019 at 7:27 PM

Bobby Saxton

• Jib

Dec 10, 2019 at 7:30 PM

Saxton and Smith both Yorkshiremen

• Charlie in the Gallowgate

Dec 10, 2019 at 7:31 PM

Jim Smith – one of the tea cup throwers in the changing rooms
    Soon forgotten after game joined the team for a bevvie or two according to past players

• G

Dec 10, 2019 at 7:31 PM

Didnt Saxton manage us as caretaker when Smith went, or did I dream that?

• Just a fan

Dec 10, 2019 at 7:32 PM

Ancientc
    I used to wonder about cheating but I don’t think it goes on mutch if at all.
    My rating for ten minute games varies obviously but I’m usually over a thousand not yet reached eleven Hundred

• Just a fan

Dec 10, 2019 at 7:35 PM

Jim Smith
    Wonder how many clubbs he managed

• Just a fan

Dec 10, 2019 at 7:40 PM

Jim Smith the bald eagle had forgotten that until I wiki it

• Jib

Dec 10, 2019 at 7:43 PM

Yeah Saxton was caretaker

• Bambams

Dec 10, 2019 at 7:45 PM

Hibbit

In my former employment I was grafting up in Hexham, a Bellways site and one cul-de-sac had Aitken, McGhee, Samson and one other I cant recall, it was during his management and a few of them would craic on with you.

Aitken and Sansom we used to see often, both said Smith was bloody crackers ! Would throw everything around the changing room and often he would be half cut before the game kicked off.

I had heard they frequented the bars in Gosforth, the 3 mile no doubt would be his local if residing at the Gossy Park.

Never forget that nose of his…

I agree with the comments on here, not the best manager, but certainly not the worst either.

• Jib

Dec 10, 2019 at 7:45 PM

Smith used to like a gargle in Front St Tynemouth

• G

Dec 10, 2019 at 7:47 PM

Jib, 1 game 1 defeat I think? I remember Ossie coming in next, and thinking we were going places. Full of expectation with no idea how bad it was going to get!

• Jib

Dec 10, 2019 at 7:49 PM

To be frank , Bald Eagle liked a gargle anywhere

• AncientC

Dec 10, 2019 at 7:50 PM

Just a fan, for blitz, 1100 isn’t bad at all. You would be surprised how much actual cheating goes on. Apparently 1100/1200 (chess-dot-com rating) is the equivalent of 1500/1600 on Lichess chess. Also, you get a lot of higher rated players making new accounts, and dicking around with the lower rated players.

I am around 1400 in rapid, but form can be a patchy thing. I play at my best when I am hungover, lol. Not sure why, it must be the introspective element of feeling horrid after a heavy night.

Check out the videos of ‘The Great Carlini’ on YouTube if you get the chance. He’s a chess hustler from the U.S. Great comedy value.

• Ron Knee

Dec 10, 2019 at 7:50 PM

Then KK to the rescue.

• Bambams

Dec 10, 2019 at 7:51 PM

G

Ossie !

If you ever get to a talk-in with Lee Clark, ask him to do his impersonation of Ossie….

Its hilarious

🙂

• Jib

Dec 10, 2019 at 7:55 PM

Great quiz question
    Who is the only NUFC manager with a 100% win record ?

• Jib

Dec 10, 2019 at 7:56 PM

Hint
    between SBR and Sour ness

• Jib

Dec 10, 2019 at 8:00 PM

I love watching the bairns lined up in front of
    the teams before KO
    Some of them are right cheeky little buggers

• G

Dec 10, 2019 at 8:03 PM

Jub, it was Carver, but his 2nd crack kind of knackered that stat

• CJ

Dec 10, 2019 at 8:05 PM

Jib. It can only be John Carver in his first stint as manager. the second coming was a little less successful 🙂

• Jib

Dec 10, 2019 at 8:06 PM

G
    Well done
    The great John Carver
    3 – 0 vs Blackburn with GS watching in the stands

• Jib

Dec 10, 2019 at 8:07 PM

• Ron Knee

Dec 10, 2019 at 8:12 PM

Loic Remy playing for Lille.

• Jib

Dec 10, 2019 at 8:20 PM

It’s 5 years since Remy left us for Chelsea
    He’s 33 next month and he still looks the same !

• G

Dec 10, 2019 at 8:20 PM

Jib, I believe Souness come down from the stands mid 2nd half and started taking over. For that reason I never believed he was worth the 100% record. Maybe 70 odd, and thats me being generous. As I said before, his interim manager stint more than scuppered the stat anyway.