web analytics

Report- Newcastle Have Bid For Teenager Rejected

In late October, there were reports that Newcastle were close to signing Queens Park teenager Reagan Thomson. The Scottish youngster has made 9 appearances for the first-team despite just turning 16 this past summer.

The original report said that Newcastle, Celtic, and Rangers were battling it out for the midfielder. A few days later, Queens Park president Gerry Crawley acknowledged interest in his exciting youngster but denied any offers had been made. This is what he said in early November:

“We know that Reagan is being watched by a lot of teams, some of those in England.

“We are aware of the speculation, but to date no offers have been made for his services.”

That may no longer be the case as HITC are reporting that both Newcastle, as well as Rangers, have had bids rejected for Thomson. The source of information comes from the print version of the Mail.

It states that Rangers had their bid of £35k rejected while Newcastle also had their bid of an unspecified amount turned down. We would expect Newcastle and Rangers to both go back in if they genuinely rate the youngster.

This could be the beginning of numerous attempts to add some quality to the Newcastle Academy. Thomson seems like he would be an excellent addition. The midfield playmaker is already a Scotland u-17 international and could have a bright future.

• Bobbybee

Dec 10, 2019 at 3:56 PM

Tsunki, it’s a blog. I don’t give a toss what you do mate, it has no effect on me, but when you have a dig, expect one back. 😀
    If I was a boycotter I’d ask what’s the point? Now, there is none. Its football ffs. To be enjoyed. A sport to escape politics, not drag politics into it.
    If its, the brand of football keeping people away, then that’s different. If winning is that important they picked the wrong team.

• Mindshaft

Dec 10, 2019 at 3:59 PM

Bobby from previous , aye, I live in London through the week , definitely not easier going to away games unless it’s a midweek London team.
    If people want to go to SJP then it’s up to them and I would never tell them otherwise – I respect the actions that genji , nust and the magpie group take – will it force fatty out ..unlikely but just as the empty seats has made him give away tickets for nowt it does have an effect.
    To be honest I think so many people have just giving up hope and can’t see anything ever changing so prefer to watch a dodgy stream rather than spend money

• B&W blood

Dec 10, 2019 at 4:06 PM

I have got 2 extra tickets which means Mrs and daughter can also come to games with me and the boy. Great for us as buying 4 tickets not really in our budget

• Bobbybee

Dec 10, 2019 at 4:08 PM

Mindshaft, that’s fine by me. If you’re not enjoying it you’d be mad to go. I go coz I love it and if I could still go away I would. I hate watching on TV, it’s not the same. It does, but there’s nothing like being there, win lose or draw.
    And tbh, I think people in some circumstances have been disingenuous about why they stopped going. They stopped because they’re sick of seeing is struggle. I get that, but being all martyr like and claiming its for the love of NUFC? Not buying it and never have. Then attacking those who can handle seeing the team struggle and will go even if we did go to Div One – which they certainly wouldn’t. Newcastle till I die means something to some people. It does to you. It does to me.
    This should be now put to bed and not mentioned again. It didn’t work. Time to move on.

• sing in the corner

Dec 10, 2019 at 4:09 PM

Good,reasoned argument OFD and Tsunki.
    It was a pity to see you went on an abusive rant pre Southampton Bobby. I have had some fun discussions on here in the past mate.
    That day you whitewashed all protesters again with fair weather, plastic fan type stuff. Piss off and all that. Nobody cares etc. In my opinion if someone has had a go at you for going to games you should take that up with them. You called out dolk for

• Bobbybee

Dec 10, 2019 at 4:10 PM

B&W blood – enjoy the game mate. 🙂
    You’re the reason – like you anyway – why I haven’t applied for one. I get mine reduced anyway so I’d sooner families had them. Bit if a bonus eh?

• sing in the corner

Dec 10, 2019 at 4:12 PM

Folk for saying ‘we’ when referring to NUFC. If you have stopped entering the ground you can still love NUFC the club you’ve supported all your life.
    You reminded me of the time you referred to magpie group supporting people as ‘100000 idiots on social media’, when the group was starting off.
    Bobby you are edging closer.ro the

• sing in the corner

Dec 10, 2019 at 4:12 PM

To the much maligned ‘better fan’ argument.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Dec 10, 2019 at 4:14 PM

It’s all a bit moot until we see if attendances do pick up, doubt if there’s going to be a full stadium regardless of the free tickets.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Dec 10, 2019 at 4:17 PM

As a matter of interest when is our next match on Sky, it’s not this weekend?

• toon22

Dec 10, 2019 at 4:18 PM

Bobbybee

Nobody cares

• Bobbybee

Dec 10, 2019 at 4:18 PM

Sing, let’s get it right mate. I stopped coming on hete because I was sick of reading what bad fans we are, so I hit back. And what happened? You saw it, so don’t have a go at me. I stand up for No1 mate, I’m sick of having my loyalty questioned by bitter people who only really stopped because Rafa left and the future looked bleak. Stuck it for 13 years and suddenly, when relegation and oblivion was the possible future, suddenly decided to make a stand. Please, I didn’t come in with the last tide.
    Nobody was allowed a different opinion from the blog bores. It’s a blog for supporters isn’t it? If people want to cut all ties with NUFC, why stay on here bleating about how crap we are and how fans who go only go to please Ashley and other such crazy conspiracy theories.
    Maybe you should be venting your ire at scum who threaten people in wheelchairs. Bitter, messed up people who clearly regret giving up but not big enough to say I’ve changed my mind.

• Bobbybee

Dec 10, 2019 at 4:22 PM

And on that lighter note I have to pick our lass up 😀 I’m a simple soul. Don’t attack me, you won’t get it back. Can’t take it, don’t give it. Its a football blog, lets get back to football and leave politics out of it. Later

• Bleatin' n Bruced

Dec 10, 2019 at 4:24 PM

If winning is important they picked the wrong team? Do they say that at Lincoln or Stevenage? They try desperately with whatever they have at their disposal to better themselves. I concede there are thousands who go to games because it’s a community identity, craic with the lads cameraderie, day out thing. But there has to be a set of fans who think a great club with such a loyal following deserves to be owned and run in the style it merits. Not coached by a championship journeyman on his downward path who is forced to muddle with whatever players he’s given and just coast in the league avoiding the drop.

Bobby did you enjoy going into the championship? Do you think we deserved that? At the time I thought it was criminal but I kept going, kept my season ticket and we came back two times, only to get slapped round the backside again. Are you not bothered by the way this club is run and the fans held in contempt? Is it ok as long as you see your mates and clash a few jars together? If so, I understand you now.

• toon22

Dec 10, 2019 at 4:24 PM

Bobbybee

Ignore Jabba asset stripping the club ?

• Jib

Dec 10, 2019 at 4:24 PM

Apparently ASM has been mocked on twitter for not liking
    our winter weather
    Perhaps he’s seen the forecast for Burnley on Saturday
    Freezing strong winds and hail showers

• Bobbybee

Dec 10, 2019 at 4:25 PM

No frog, nobody cares about you. And guess what? You’ve just become even more irrelevant! 😀 You took on a billionaire despite the warnings, and he’s just check mated you. Now what? You’ll still claim you’re not going back lmao. You have to have gone in the first place to be able to go back you numpty.
    It’s game over. Let’s get back to football, or is that out of your remit.

• Bobbybee

Dec 10, 2019 at 4:26 PM

I’m not ignoring it, I just can’t stop him you fool. And neither can you. Grow up ffs.

• Jib

Dec 10, 2019 at 4:26 PM

EGB
    Man U away boxing day
    Amazon

• Bleatin' n Bruced

Dec 10, 2019 at 4:26 PM

And who are these people who threaten wheelchair users? Someone TELL ME!!!!!! 😐

• RobLeenio

Dec 10, 2019 at 4:28 PM

Jib, he was mocked for sure – there was a video where he looked extremely uncomfortable, to say the least.

The mocking was pretty gentle and well-meant, however, and taken in the right spirit by ASM who loves nothing more than a bit of banter.

• Bleatin' n Bruced

Dec 10, 2019 at 4:29 PM

Bobby we hate to break it to you but it’s you that Ashley checkmated, a long time ago. We will see how his move works out in due course.

• Jib

Dec 10, 2019 at 4:29 PM

I would imagine our FA cup match on 4th Jan
    versus Rochdale or Boston will be on the BEEB
    The rest of the country supporting the minnows

• Rotonda heights

Dec 10, 2019 at 4:32 PM

Posada

I personally find bleatin very entertaining, informative and on the money.

You and bobby have got to applaud the unselfish actions of the real fans who sacrificed and stayed away in the long term interests of the club. Todays free ticket debacle totally vindicates them after being rubbished and ridiculed.

Bruce may get his ashley backlash after saying ”the club was broken and had been for years.” His first act of defiance?

• sing in the corner

Dec 10, 2019 at 4:32 PM

Fair enough Bobby@12, but I don’t see how you can describe a sizeable amount of fans who stopped going and backed protest in the abusive manner you did / sometimes do when the mood takes you. you are more reasonable than that.
    And you are starting to rate fans, their loyalty etc according to your parameters.. mainly wether they go to games or not

• Jib

Dec 10, 2019 at 4:33 PM

Bleatin’ n Bruced
    Bobby we hate to break it to you

Gawd
    Jeremy Clarkson thinks he’s the queen now

• Jib

Dec 10, 2019 at 4:39 PM

Rotonda heights
    Posada
    I personally find bleatin’ informative

ha ha ha

• Mindshaft

Dec 10, 2019 at 4:39 PM

Well let’s see if we buy a proven striker in Jan … I’ve given up on 2 bob Linton as a striker and so should the club , he clearly isn’t a lone hold up striker and never will be

• Rotonda heights

Dec 10, 2019 at 4:41 PM

Jib

Do you think your wannabe blog domination is under threat?

• AncientC

Dec 10, 2019 at 4:42 PM

So Ashley’s profit margins are taking a hit, and he is quite literally conceding ground… that’s not what I call checkmate.

• Rotonda heights

Dec 10, 2019 at 4:44 PM

Jib

Bleatin offers something you could only dream of …wit and imagination. You’re so messed up i can see you ready to throw a hissy fit.

• Jib

Dec 10, 2019 at 4:45 PM

Rotonda heights
    Jib
    Do you think your wannabe blog domination is under threat?

possibly

but not by any plastic fan

• Bleatin' n Bruced

Dec 10, 2019 at 4:47 PM

Jib you used to be able to keep up but you have to pick it up man or you’ll be down there with the swan Wum. Think man, think!

😀

• Just a fan

Dec 10, 2019 at 4:47 PM

I like a game of chess although I’m not very good?
    Not many grandmasters get check mated they usually resign because they know the moves and know they are beat.
    Please don’t take that as part of ticket gate augument.its just a fact.

• Jib

Dec 10, 2019 at 4:48 PM

The only ones throwing hissy fits are the out-manoeuvred
    protesters

• #BoycottAshley ( OP)

Dec 10, 2019 at 4:51 PM

For years people have taken the piss out of Sunderland saying they give tickets away.

Now people are saying it’s a good thing by Ashley.

Shame they’re only available to current season ticket holders, I’d have preferred them to go to people who can’t normally afford them.

Why not give them to some of the poor families in the deprived areas of the city, most of the people who gave up there ticket will know someone or be a family member of someone. I bet a few who gave them up get them back for nowt.

• #BoycottAshley ( OP)

Dec 10, 2019 at 4:52 PM

Jib

Out maneuvered?

Behave you clown

• AncientC

Dec 10, 2019 at 4:53 PM

Just a fan: Same as myself. I’m a regular on chess dot com. Magnus Carlsen is supposedly third in the world fantasy football rankings. Quite a coincidence.

• hibbit

Dec 10, 2019 at 4:56 PM

3 of the next 4 games are away from home
    Burnley (a)
    Palace (h)
    Man United (a)
    Wolves (a)

only after those games will we be able to tell if Ashley has out flanked any body or just dropped another major clanger 😉

• hibbit

Dec 10, 2019 at 4:58 PM

jib according to bobby be your opinions don’t count as you don’t go to games !!!