web analytics

Fans Respond With Despair And Resolution To Injury News

Well, at least now we know. It’s been confirmed that there will be no Allan Saint-Maximin sightings on the pitch for at least the next four weeks.

What Steve Bruce decides to do in the talisman’s absence is anyone’s guess. The prevailing notion is that Christian Atsu will just slot in on the left-wing and do his best to fill the void.

However, this predicament leaves some options for Bruce that he may not have entertained if Allan was fit. He could opt to experiment a bit with the formation or certain player’s roles.

Two very intriguing options are to have Joelinton play on the left with Carroll spearheading the attack. Another one is to move Almiron to the left, where he thrived last season.

While Newcastle fans are obviously devastated that Allan will be out for the foreseeable future, there’s been some resolution on Twitter to the somber news.

Some fans have bypassed the depression phase and gone straight to acceptance. With that acceptance, they’ve got some pretty decent ideas of a path forward.

Here’s a mix of reactions to the news that Allan Saint-Maximin will be out for the next six matches.

What Will Be The Result In Saturday's Match At Burnley?

• Win (43%, 716 )
  • Draw (34%, 563 )
  • Loss (23%, 391 )

Total Voters: 1,670

Loading ... Loading ...

• Essex Geordie Bill

Dec 12, 2019 at 12:53 AM

OLG

Funny that you should mention Jonjo’s England selection form, I was thinking that perhaps his recent form might earn him another call up.

Although I don’t think Southgate would even if he was playing like Messi!

• carltoon

Dec 12, 2019 at 12:55 AM

Southgates all about young players, to be fair it seems to be working. Although the defence needs some work. And please a different goalie.

• Online Guy

Dec 12, 2019 at 12:56 AM

Bill, had this bottled beer down the smoke last week called Tolly Ale very good …one of best iv tasted .

Think I only have a drink for the taste nowadays Bill..not getting pissed .

• Essex Geordie Bill

Dec 12, 2019 at 1:02 AM

repost

OLG

Aye I agree, the modern micro brewers make very tasty beer, my local brewery make one called Cockleshell Heroes, which is to die for, getting p!ssed is a young mans game, I wouldn’t be able to hack that anymore!

• carltoon

Dec 12, 2019 at 1:03 AM

Having been tee total for about 20 years, it’s all about catching up and getting a little drunk for me.

• Online Guy

Dec 12, 2019 at 1:03 AM

Carltoon

I’m known for my mystic traits and sensing what folks names are and what they do and many other things in life…Im tuned in and I have this cosmic Syncronicity with a chosen few ..I don’t chose them , it chooses me.

I am getting the Vibe that your fella is involved in Fishing in a big way .

• carltoon

Dec 12, 2019 at 1:06 AM

OLG no. He used to go fishing years ago, never now.

• NY Mag

Dec 12, 2019 at 1:06 AM

OLG,

I’m getting the vibe that you’re involved in music and radio waves in a big way 🙂

• Essex Geordie Bill

Dec 12, 2019 at 1:06 AM

Tolly Cobbold Is a very old brewery, I think they are having to up their game to compete with the micro breweries.

A lot of the little ones get bought up by the big boys when they start to get a reputation, they still use the names though.

• carltoon

Dec 12, 2019 at 1:07 AM

You’ve had too many beers your vibes have gone Haywire.

• carltoon

Dec 12, 2019 at 1:08 AM

NY Mag ha ha.

• Online Guy

Dec 12, 2019 at 1:09 AM

Carltoon

He caught you didn’t he ?

• Essex Geordie Bill

Dec 12, 2019 at 1:09 AM

I am getting the vibe that people are fishing for knowledge in a big way.

Did you see what i did there! 🙂

• carltoon

Dec 12, 2019 at 1:10 AM

OLG you make me smile.

• NY Mag

Dec 12, 2019 at 1:10 AM

Very clever Bill 🙂

• carltoon

Dec 12, 2019 at 1:12 AM

Well I’m going to bed goodnight my friends. I’ll be getting hoyed off the blog. I’m to old you know.

• Online Guy

Dec 12, 2019 at 1:14 AM

Carltoon

I Make you smile . ..come up and see me … Ill make you laugh !

Talking about fish … have a watch , stay with it .

• NY Mag

Goodnight Irene.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Dec 12, 2019 at 1:21 AM

G’d Night OLG.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Dec 12, 2019 at 1:23 AM

Oh well suppose I’d better turn in as well, G’d Night NY Mag Pleasure as always.

• NY Mag

Dec 12, 2019 at 1:26 AM

goodnight OLG and BIll – nice chatting to you guys, as always!

• Online Guy

Dec 12, 2019 at 1:26 AM

Bobbee bee

Ignore what I said earlier today .. I’m just reacting to Ashley .

Peace.

• Nicky the ball tosser

Dec 12, 2019 at 1:38 AM

I always backed Shelvey as a footballer, but didn’t there was a period where I didn’t want him in the team ahead of Longstaff or KiSY simply because of the way he was playing – sitting too deep, not getting a leg in, not keeping possession or the ball moving enough etc. This current improved form is a recent thing – he’s getting on the ball higher up the pitch, getting stuck in defensively, playing the simple ball etc. He’s back in form, and excelling, but let’s be frank, he hasn’t always played as well as he can and he’s been in and out of the side on merit.

• The next Mike Williamson

Dec 12, 2019 at 1:53 AM

as if the battle of the bores wasnt going to be a big enough borefest, the one exciting player is missing. i can imagine the ball will remain on the centre circle for 90 minutes as both teams turn at the whistle and race to get 11 men in their own box the fastest.

on the upside burnley are runnish and have been shipping goals so theres hope.

• The next Mike Williamson

Dec 12, 2019 at 1:57 AM

mike ashley giving away tickets. its diabolical. somebody should lynch him at the very least.

• Nicky the ball tosser

Dec 12, 2019 at 2:04 AM

10 000 plus season tickets unsold, now 10 000 given away, what’s that, up to 10 million pounds in lost revenue, a broken football club, all because he couldn’t cope with Rafa.

• Nicky the ball tosser

Dec 12, 2019 at 2:11 AM

Actually closer to 3 million probably, got a bit carried away. Still not at all great though.

• The next Mike Williamson

Dec 12, 2019 at 2:12 AM

i doubt giving away 10000 covers up the fact we can no longer sell our tickets. it actually highlights that fact. this has been big news so now everybody will know. before barely anybody outside newcastle was aware we had between 2-10k empty.seats.

some of the people going nuts over this are just gutted this doesnt fit with their narrative and would be on here frothing at the mouth even if ashley had been spotted buying milk.

hes a terrible chairmen we all know that, but it makes us look like idiots going mad over this.

in my eyes its an olive branch and also they think the added atmosphere will help us stay up so theyre prorecting their money. its not a conspiracy to get one up on the 5000 or so stay away fans or to stop people singing anti ashley songs in his absence.

• Nicky the ball tosser

Dec 12, 2019 at 2:15 AM

The only olive branch he can offer worth accepting is a demonstrably well run football club or the announcement of a sale.

• The next Mike Williamson

Dec 12, 2019 at 2:15 AM

i was working out the lost revenue from swapping a respected coach with a champo journeyman too Nicky. i think we will lose 1-3m from the tv money as they wont be showing as much of our games the way we play. id say 5m lost revenue

• lesh

Dec 12, 2019 at 2:22 AM

Essex

And here’s me asking about the bigger picture and you pointing out the climate emergancy.

Of course it is an emergency and what’s the main conrtributor to it but greed, corporate greed and the common man’s seeming inability to see the result of it.

You have a son who seems to be more than aware of the need to act to save our planet but I wonder how you reconcile even touching the Saturday Torygraph and discussing the damage caused to this planet by the greed culture it advocates.

Trust me, I can see the bigger picture.

• lesh

Dec 12, 2019 at 2:29 AM

So we’re not expected to spend much in January? Well well. A supposed £28m left in this season’s kitty? I suppose that’ll be used to offset the cost of the 10k free half season tickets given away.

Ah well, those that have bought into the freebies might have to wait a little while to see any signs of ambition – on the field.

• Unused Substitute

Dec 12, 2019 at 2:57 AM

A manager with Bruce’s luck should not be bothered with the absence of the likes of Saint Maximin. But Burnley do not make errors and we ride on others slip ups. A draw then would still be good for me.

• The next Mike Williamson

Dec 12, 2019 at 2:58 AM

lesh i dont think we had 10,000 people lining up to buy those free half-season tickets. id be surprised if there were even ten people lining up. so theres no lost revenue, the revenue was already lost at the start of the season. the only extra lost revenue may come from match day tickets as theres possibly not enough now to meet demand.

• The next Mike Williamson

Dec 12, 2019 at 3:14 AM

i dreamt it was a 4-4 draw, but i wont be rushing to the bookies. we really need to be beating the teams who go might down. if they beat us not only do we lose three points but we give 3 to our enemies.

our three centre backs should be suited to burnleys ariel bombardment and if theres one lower team incapable of playing us off the pitch its burnley so ill say 0-0 hopefully we can get a bit of long overdue luck and nick it.

• The next Mike Williamson

Dec 12, 2019 at 3:22 AM

nicky. im not saying it makes up for the awful running of our club, just that it’s not a very good stick to beat him with.

• Nicky the ball tosser

Dec 12, 2019 at 5:51 AM

Yeah, I don’t know. Doesn’t look like a reward for loyalty at all to me, that seems quite insincere, just plain old damage limitation and protecting your asset, and I think it will be seen that way, particularly when the TV commentators start talking about it. Possibly good for the side though, so in that sense it’s a plus. We all want to see us doing well on the pitch.

• Nicky the ball tosser

Dec 12, 2019 at 6:16 AM

….and it does look to induce remaining season ticket holders to undermine the efforts of those who feel in good conscience that they can no longer attend, with the lure of a free ticket. So, you know, I think it really is another stick to beat the owner with. I certainly don’t feel good about it.