web analytics

Carlisle Director Of Football Gives Concerning Update On Newcastle Target

It was reported last week that as part of Elias Sorensen’s loan deal with Carlisle United that Newcastle held the right of first refusal for promising youngster Jarrad Branthwaite.

However, according to Carlisle’s director of football David Holdsworth that may not be the case. Speaking to the official Carlisle homepage, this is what Holdsworth had to say about his prized 17-year-old:

“We’re fully aware of the rumors that are out there regarding Jarrad and all we can do is reassure fans that everybody at this club is delighted that we have this young man with us on a long-term contract.

“It’s no surprise that other clubs are aware of his emergence, that’s the nature of the business we’re in, and there will be scouts taking note of his abilities on a weekly basis. That interest will remain as Jarrad continues to establish himself in the first-team environment.

“We can’t avoid that, but what I can tell you is that no bids have been received and there are definitely no deals or agreements in place with any club at any level about Jarrad’s future.”

From these comments, it would appear that Newcastle do not hold a right of first refusal in any possible bid for the center-back.

With clubs like Manchester City, Arsenal, Everton, Rangers, and Celtic having scouted Branthwaite last weekend, this lastest news would throw into doubt Newcastle’s chance at bringing the youngster on board in January or next summer.

The Carlisle born defender is reportedly rated at £1m, which seems like a bargain for such a promising player. He’s started the last seven league matches and is also the youngest player to ever score a goal for his hometown club.

We hope that Newcastle still bring in some prospects to the Academy this winter in an effort to start strengthening the club from top to bottom.

What Will Be The Result In Saturday's Match At Burnley?

• Win (43%, 716 )
  • Draw (34%, 563 )
  • Loss (23%, 391 )

Total Voters: 1,670

Loading ... Loading ...

• Online Guy

Dec 13, 2019 at 4:49 PM

The next Mike….W . Only a fool ?

I ain’t made any promises and I’m not saying I believe what the Ts have promised

I’m just stating facts of their manifesto .

I think most politicians are a bunch of charlatans.

Saying all that ,

Ian Lavery for Lbur up in Wansbeck ward ? On the face of it seems to run on honesty and tells it like it is. He would make a good leader of the Lbour tarty.

Coryn and cohorts paid the price for ignoring and scuppering Brxit for 3 + years..ignoring the result of the refndum on Europe and underestimating the people of this country.

They spoke up yesterday .

Bring back screaming Lord Sutch that’s what I say.

• Online Guy

Dec 13, 2019 at 4:50 PM

Mike Ashley is a dishonest man and is not fit to run a Football Club

Why should we have a dishonest man presiding over us and our feelings and emotions

Let’s make this year the year we get rid of him .

Dec 13, 2019 at 4:56 PM

surreptitiously slides the whiskey bottle out
    of OLG’s view

• hibbit

Dec 13, 2019 at 5:16 PM

surreptitiously slides the white lightning bottle out
    of Jib’s view

• magscar

Dec 13, 2019 at 5:16 PM

Odd day – find myself in agreement with Lesh and not Bills Son which is my more usual position but some things are more important than football – sorry Shankly.

That bottle of Highland Park Viking Honour purchased earlier this year in anticipation of The Sale might just not make unopened to New Year. Not celebrating just trying to make sense of how leaving EU can be worth anything let alone 5 years of you know who and the other dangerous clown across the water. Might be worth a dram to end of the other idiot in red. I

My twopennyworth and back to self imposed exi!e

Dec 13, 2019 at 5:26 PM

San Miguel

• hibbit

Dec 13, 2019 at 5:31 PM

magscar

good to know your still about your contribution are missed,

Dec 13, 2019 at 5:46 PM

Now moved on to Larios/tonica

• hibbit

Dec 13, 2019 at 5:54 PM

just enjoying a couple of bottles of Hop House 13 which i’ve only recently been introduced to 😉

• jane

Dec 13, 2019 at 5:58 PM

“Let’s make this year the year we get rid of him .”

that’s not very long.

Dec 13, 2019 at 6:01 PM

12 months usually

Dec 13, 2019 at 6:02 PM

Ahh I see what you mean
    This year has only18 days left

• jane

Dec 13, 2019 at 6:03 PM

this year i’m going to brush my teeth every day.

do i mean 12 months?

• Bleatin' n Bruced

Dec 13, 2019 at 6:17 PM

Surreptitiously slides the diesel fuel pump cleaner back into jibs view….

• magscar

Dec 13, 2019 at 6:27 PM

hibbit

Cheers – don’t dip in every day anymore ( used to several times each day) and usually at night or early morning – the night shift. Now and again I do feel I could contribute ( Blackberry Smoke the other night ) but I just can’t be bothered with the cut and thrust of it anymore. I need my sanity too much and really the lines are so deeply drawn now that I don’t believe that debate as opposed to arguement /abuse is generally possible or even welcome.

I have reconciled myself to Bruce being here and am hoping for a late Christmas present(s) in the form of a goalscorer and a creative midfielder.I

Yep still the eternal optimist 😉

• Online Guy

Dec 13, 2019 at 6:35 PM

Surreptitiously slides the creosote canister into Jibs view .

• Online Guy

Dec 13, 2019 at 6:36 PM

With a slice of Lemon to further tempt

• Online Guy

Dec 13, 2019 at 6:36 PM

What’s that you say Jib ..Ice ? Oh ok , anything to please.

• Online Guy

Dec 13, 2019 at 6:37 PM

This coming year ..

Dec 13, 2019 at 6:38 PM

Mmmmmm
    Diesel pump cleaner AND Creosote con limon
    My favourite

• Online Guy

Dec 13, 2019 at 6:42 PM

Talking about Whiskey Jib I had a measure of Laphroaig or similar named stuff..made on Isle of Islay ..single malt .. Amazing taste.

£34 Quid a bottle at Waitrose and right now down to £24 !

By appointment to his nibs. HRH Charlie.

Dec 13, 2019 at 6:50 PM

I once , whilst working in Spain , treated a good bar owner
    friend of mine , Angel , to a bottle of Glenmorangie18 Year Old
    while I was in the bog he poured 2 generous shots into 2 long
    glasses with 3 ice cubes each – topped up with Coca Cola

AAAARRRGGGHH!!!!!!

• magscar

Dec 13, 2019 at 6:53 PM

OLG

Some good single malt Whiskey on Islay used to enjoy Lagavu!in and Ardbeg back in the day

Dec 13, 2019 at 7:00 PM

Whisky
    with an “E” it’s Irish

• posada

Dec 13, 2019 at 7:04 PM

Posada

Sobir and his crew were challenged in law – have you asked why? Lying to the Queen no less, and trying to bulldoze their programme through without full scrutiny. And let’s not forget which group were making life difficult for Treeza – the ERG supported by the DUP – not the opposition parties!
    ****
    Lesh Yes divisions in the Tory party were part of the anarchy.
    Suspending parliament/lying to the Queen. Just part of the chaos that would not happen but for a minority government.

Remember the Benn act changed the Law in a couple of days.

• posada

Dec 13, 2019 at 7:06 PM

I’ll say no more. The great English public have given him their trust.
    I get no say in it for another five years.

• magscar

Dec 13, 2019 at 7:14 PM

Jib

Yes guilty – just followed OLG spelling without thinking. Have Jamesons now and again (usually at Sage).

• Pain in the Blog

Dec 13, 2019 at 7:19 PM

Jib #8,

“Now moved on to Larios/tonica”.

Have you tried Lidl’s Hampstead Gin at £10 a bottle? It beats Gordons/Larios (which are indistinguishable) hands down.

Dec 13, 2019 at 7:20 PM

I prefer Bushmills if i’m drinking Irish

Dec 13, 2019 at 7:21 PM

Aldi’s Cromwell is OK as well

• lesh

Dec 13, 2019 at 7:21 PM

Online

Can Jib trust you, trust you’re not spiking his drinks?

Magscar

Like you, I used to be able to afford the odd bottle of Lagavu!in and Ardbeg. That was when I was single! Lovely as they are, they do come a bit pricey these days.

Posada

Trust Sibor? Given his track record?

Dec 13, 2019 at 7:22 PM

I’m drinking Larios cos they had on special at Malaga airport last week
    9€ a litre

• G

Dec 13, 2019 at 7:24 PM

The lady of the house has just poured me some Beefeater Blood Orange and Tonic. Very nice it is too.

• G

Dec 13, 2019 at 7:24 PM

9euro a litre. Bargain

Dec 13, 2019 at 7:25 PM

Since BJ got elected
    9€ = £7.50

• G

Dec 13, 2019 at 7:26 PM

Aldi do a mandarin and persian lime gin for 15 pounds for a 70cl bottle. I bloody love that stuff in summer

• G

Dec 13, 2019 at 7:29 PM

A dry london gin is very much the same as any other. Why anybody would pay 20 for a bottle compared to Aldi and Lidls 10 a bottle is madness to me

• Pain in the Blog

Dec 13, 2019 at 7:32 PM

OG #21,

Yes, Laphroaig is an amazing taste. Amazingly similar to diesel fuel. Utterly undrinkable and you taste it for days afterwards.

mascara,

Lagavu!in and Ardbeg are IMHO almost as bad as Laphroaig. The only decent peated whiskey is the Campbelltown whisky Springbank – particularly the 12 year old. And you have the added bonus that it tastes like whisky.

• magscar

Dec 13, 2019 at 7:34 PM

Leah

Very pricey and last time I had a bottle of Ardbeg it had been remarketed after a takeover wasn’t the same to me from memory but then that does play tricks from time to time these days ;-(

• Pain in the Blog

Dec 13, 2019 at 7:34 PM

That would be magscar, thanks autocorrect