web analytics

Bruce Adds A Fifth Injured Magpie To Possibly Make Return At Wolves

Allan Saint-Maximin hurt his hamstring in the closing minutes of the 2-1 win over Southampton on December 8th. The prognosis was that Allan would be out 4-6 weeks with the injury.

He’s so far missed five Premier League games, four of which Newcastle have lost. So getting the 22-year-old back as soon as possible will be a massive boost to Newcastle United.

It seems like he is progressing as expected with his rehabilitation. Allan will take part in training this week and is now in contention to make the Wolves game next weekend if all goes well.

This is what Steve Bruce told the Chronicle about the injury situation leading to the trip to Molineux:

“Saint-Maximin, Clark, Dummett, Ritchie and Lascelles all could be in contention at Wolves.

“What a good five that would be to welcome back!”

This is excellent news. Bruce said in the press conference before the Rochdale match that Clark, Dummett, Ritchie, and Lascelles could be back for Wolves. However, having Allan back in contention as well is a welcomed surprise.

We have just not been the same without the Frenchman in the team, so his return could be vital to resurrecting our season. However, Bruce must still proceed cautiously with Saint-Maxmin.

This is the second time he’s missed over a month with a hamstring injury this season. We would expect Allan to be slowly worked back into the team with some subsitute appearances once he’s declared fit. With a little luck that will be on Saturday at Wolves.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jan 5, 2020 at 7:40 PM

Neil, Vaaaaaarrrrrr!

Lesh

‘The club is brokem up’ not picking you up on your spelling mistake but I had a little chuckle at the image that popped into my head. He’s a Mikem an Brackem! 🙂

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jan 5, 2020 at 7:46 PM

TNMW

That’s a brilliant suggestion re. Bladey, I’d love to see a back room pairing of him and Ketsbia to motivate the players.

• simon376

Jan 5, 2020 at 7:47 PM

Sing in the Corner

Your comments on the players salaries, here is a story for you about how views have changed. A few years back I saw my relative (Mams Cousin) Keith Peacock when Charlton were playing either us or Sunderland,he was assistant manager at the time. Charlton were all in the Hotel at Hexham, Slayley I think. When we were all having a drink with him, I said I bet you wish you were playing now and earning the big money. He played from the 60’sto mid 70’s. Very surprised at his response. He said not at all, he was so happy with what he got. £10 a week and only throughout the season with it doubled to £20 a week if in the first team. Said he was lucky as always was. Also said the £10 was decent at the time, slightly more than the normal man in the street, but got it for doing something he loved and felt so lucky that he got that. Said the kids now dont care about the game and just how much they can get, set up for life after first contract. He said most of the players at his time felt the same as him. On another note, his Brother in Law played so much non league as a keeper and did have a season with Palace. When offered another contract, he said no as wife was pregnant and thought better off getting a ‘proper’ job he did as a printer on fleet street. Oh how things have changed

• Jib

Jan 5, 2020 at 7:48 PM

If you check the 35 associated NUFC companies that
    Lee Charnley is a director of you will see the majority
    were incorporated under Shepherd or Hall.

• Lilongwe Geordie

Jan 5, 2020 at 7:49 PM

EGB,
    I think that was my typo… Fat fingers and not good with technology….

Lesh,
    Don’t knlw what is in the £350million, but BZG were okay with it, as you said, until Ashley bumped it by 10million, he says (paraphrased).

He makes a fortune from owning the club, and he is right to not sell the entire club for £350million, and nobody is willing to pay more.

Or,

He makes nothing like the money people accuse him of taking from the club and doesn’t want to sell.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jan 5, 2020 at 7:49 PM

Lesh

And, the breaking plates is allegorical, hence my rather patient explanation. However!!!!!

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jan 5, 2020 at 7:51 PM

Lesh/Lilo

My apologies, I am rather old!

• Lascelles sells sea shells by the sea shore

Jan 5, 2020 at 7:55 PM

Sorry repost, bloody bus at this time 🙂

Going on previous threads chat:

Lilo and Lesh

Just a note lads, please carry on, cracking civil debate there, personally really enjoying it, I’d actually say something along the lines of having ideas that allign with Lesh but that is also the cynic in me but, but the reasoned person in me agrees with Lilongwe, I genuinely believe that Mike Ashley genuinely thinks absolutely nothing off us in everyday life, does he not have a portfolio of businesses that exceed what is generated by us and if so would he not have more pressing things given his lack of emotional attachment with us in his own world.

I genuinely think he wants ‘his money’ back on the sale with the 350m asking price but after running us into the ground, it just isn’t worth what he is asking for.

• lesh

Jan 5, 2020 at 7:55 PM

Essex

We’ll have to ask the jib centre to fix you you up on one of yer YTS schemes and you can become a YOP – as the kids used to be known as.

• lesh

Jan 5, 2020 at 7:55 PM

Essex

The jib centre???? Ffs, the job centre!

• getoutofworeclub

Jan 5, 2020 at 7:56 PM

The only way to get Ashley out this club is to do a Sunderland and I truly believe we will go down this season and if we keep Bruce when we go down we won’t come straight back up this time and there is a good chance we will drop down again it’s the only way to get rid of Ashley the sheep that attend the homes games deserve the sh1t there served we will never have an empty ground cos the sheep don’t no how to so we need to drop 2 leagues to get rid and only then we will get wore club back

• lesh

Jan 5, 2020 at 7:57 PM

Lascelles

Can’t be having civil debate on here. What’ll people think?

• dougie

Jan 5, 2020 at 7:57 PM

Nothing will change at Sports Direct FC till the parasite ceases to exist.Its not for sale,he hates the fans and a fatal cardiac arrest is too good for him.The sooner he shuffles off his mortal coil the better for everyone concerned.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jan 5, 2020 at 8:00 PM

If we were sold, (yes I know flying pigs etc.) if the new owners didn’t want to have the club badge as part of the deal, then I’ll be happy to design a new magical one for them. I’ll get OLG to help me and we could bless it up on Carter Bar with a few sacrificial black chickens under a New Moon. All bloggers welcome to attend.

• lesh

Jan 5, 2020 at 8:01 PM

Reports – trapped on the previous thread

lesh

Jan 5, 2020 at 7:48 PM

Yes Jib

There’s nowt wrong or sinister in having business units set up, but Ashley bought the lot, yes? And he may be trying to sell the revenue generators as add-ons – after potential buyers have spent a fortune on due diligence? No way Jose

lesh

Jan 5, 2020 at 7:52 PM

Lilo

There’s one thing for sure, Ashley and his businesses’ll be making enough, but not vast sums from the club but the whatever’s being made, is being made at no cost to them. A good return on no investments I’d say. That’s his model, spend little and make small returns with high turnover.

• jane

Jan 5, 2020 at 8:02 PM

“The only way to get Ashley out this club is to do a Sunderland …so we need to drop 2 leagues to get rid and only then we will get wore club back”

have Sunderland got their club back?

• lesh

Jan 5, 2020 at 8:02 PM

Essex

Don’t invite too many to Carter Bar. Keep the riff raff out.

Oh, I’ll bring some tonic!

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jan 5, 2020 at 8:03 PM

Lesh

The Jib centre, haha, Freudian slip there mate!!! 🙂

• getoutofworeclub

Jan 5, 2020 at 8:03 PM

Dougie if there was an empty ground and fans stuck together we could of had Ashley out ages ago but never going to happen hence why I said we need to do a sunderland

• getoutofworeclub

Jan 5, 2020 at 8:08 PM

Jane no they haven’t but with the right owner and investment all will be good it mite take time but at least we will have rid of Ashley or would u rather just happily go through the same sh1t season after season the man dosent give a sh1t about this club I won’t him out and if that means doing a Sunderland to get him out I’ll take it

• Marzy

Jan 5, 2020 at 8:10 PM

I for one would like to see Giroud at St James, but I air on the side caution as he’s similar to what we have albeit better but without support/delivery he will be a dud like others mentioned more recently.

• getoutofworeclub

Jan 5, 2020 at 8:10 PM

Jane I take it your a season ticket holder

• Lilongwe Geordie

Jan 5, 2020 at 8:11 PM

Lesh,
    Firstly, no investment? I hadn’t realised it hwd been handed over free of charge? He does enough wrong without just making ridiculous non factual comments.

Absolutely no argumemt that Ashley will be making money from the ownership. But I would think the majority of Premier league clib owners make hay from owning a club. Losses will be the clubs. Wages, dividends, money made using the club as a vehicle for other business, etc.

But if he is making as good money as alleged, then selling part for 350 isn’t OTT. If you want the entire club, offer a lot more.

We talk about how much he takes merchandise wise, his derived benefits from advertising, the TV cash etc. I have seen people claim he takes £100million plus annually

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jan 5, 2020 at 8:13 PM

Lesh

Keep the riff raff out, can we invite any of our bloggers in that case? 🙂

• getoutofworeclub

Jan 5, 2020 at 8:14 PM

Plus if any 1 on here thinks we will bring any players in this month need to take a look at how the last 12 years in January transfers have went but if we do it will be 1 loan deal and it won’t be any of the ones mentioned on here it will be a unknown player

• Lascelles sells sea shells by the sea shore

Jan 5, 2020 at 8:15 PM

It was really good reading imo Lesh, has instilled a bit of belief in me that the blog still has life in it, it was break from the repitition and vitriol… Well played sir and lilo too!

• dougie

Jan 5, 2020 at 8:16 PM

The parasites gonna bite the dust soon,Karma is going to kick in shortly,it’s only a matter of time.

• yorkymag

Jan 5, 2020 at 8:17 PM

Get out
    I was one of those who kept turning up not in defiance of others or because I knew better
    But because I believed ,although I can now see my hope was forlorn
    I do think that there were many around me doing the same who have now had enough and I am told that there were thousands of empty seats even with the feee tickets ,of course these are not now published and do called sell out hone crowds are now being published
    I think we have a collective opportunity to raise some significant questions around the management of the club .
    I sense that most of the guys I sit around are now not going to go to the games and I also think there is a very real chance that we will be in the relegation zone by the end of January irrespective of any signings simply because the clown will still be manager
    The two things colliding will I think bring thinks to a head
    It may need relegation but if so do be it

• jane

Jan 5, 2020 at 8:18 PM

i’m a strategist. i weigh up all the information for and against. i ask lots of questions. i’m an annoying person really.

• Lilongwe Geordie

Jan 5, 2020 at 8:19 PM

Lascelles,
    No doubt he is an awful excuse for a human being, but then the same will likely be true of almost anyone that can afford to buy the club.

Live in hope for something to change. It might be the hope that kills you, but it is a long trudge through life without hope….

• Lilongwe Geordie

Jan 5, 2020 at 8:23 PM

Lascelles,
    Thanks, being able to discuss without name calling shouldn’t be the exception. It is pretty depressing that Lesh and I having a discussion without resorting to abuse is something that you feel the need to praise!!

• toon22

Jan 5, 2020 at 8:23 PM

For a guy who is universally hared and is asset stripping the club there sure are alot of people here who defend him

• Lascelles sells sea shells by the sea shore

Jan 5, 2020 at 8:28 PM

I do think we will bring a striker in this window… I hope we bring at the very least a striker in and I can see Gayle being the player to make way in the squad for it… I’ll say we will probs take 8m for him, which isn’t great, but we urgently need something different to Joelinton, we need a strong pacy player that can hold up the ball and also keep up with Miggy and At Max when they break at pace, Joelinton is often behind play when this happens, I genuinely believe that player could be Piatek.

We also need a commander in the middle of the park… An energetic player that can grab a game by the scruff, in the long term this could be Matty, I really like him and I think his bustling energy is refreshing but he needs more experience before that can be expected from him regularly, if we are to contain teams with a back line of 5 we need more energy from our midfield 2 closing down the balls imo

• Online Guy

Jan 5, 2020 at 8:30 PM

Lilongwe said

“We are underpaid for the advertising, but if anyone in their right mind believes he is not selling because of that, they need a rethink.”

Lilo ..Ashley only own us to promote Sports Direct ! His adverts are his only reason for owning us !

He’s not here to faking give ..hes here to faking take !

See Glasgow Rangers !

• Jib

Jan 5, 2020 at 8:32 PM

“toon22
    there sure are a lot of people here who defend him”

They are all my alts

Didn’t you know ?

• Online Guy

Jan 5, 2020 at 8:34 PM

Lilongwe

Your having a pop at Lesh for his first 3 posts to Jib .

Have you missed all the bad abuse that Jib has dished out to Lesh over the last few years ?

Really below the belt.

You obviously missed it all.

• Lilongwe Geordie

Jan 5, 2020 at 8:38 PM

OLG,
    You mean the Rangers issue that he was proven the innocent and ill treated party in a court of law?

You think the additional 10-15million revenue he generates for SD where he is the majority shareholder, is what stops him selling?

The advertising makes nowhere near for SD what people seem to think – and Ashley doesn’t even get the money from it. The big bucks via advertising come through success.

Again, if it makes him so much financially, then I assume you also believe he should be asking near double that £350million alleged asking price?

• sing in the corner

Jan 5, 2020 at 8:38 PM

simon376
    Nice story. Yes how times have changed!!

• Jail for Ashley

Jan 5, 2020 at 8:38 PM

Jib,
    About the fake physio, did you get that information off the same person that told you Craig Hope was a mackem?? Remember that one, you can only make stuff up in the blind hope that no one will call you out on it so many times before you yourself start to look like the scammer.

• Lilongwe Geordie

Jan 5, 2020 at 8:39 PM

OLG,
    No, missed none of it, amd also pulled Jib up on stuff he has said…..