This is the team Steve Bruce fielded at Molineux for Newcastle’s gritty 1-1 draw, including the three substitutions.
Here are our individual player ratings for the match.
Martin Dubravka – 9
- Once again, Dubravka has secured points for Newcastle with some brilliant saves. It was against Wolves at home that Martin made an error that allowed Jonny to get an equalizer. At Molineux, he made up for it with some outstanding saves. Two of them, in particular, were amazing. His first-half save from a point-blank Raul Jimenez header was top-notch. Then he may have outdone even that one in the second half when he flung himself to block a Neto header that looked a sure goal.
Isaac Hayden – 7
- Isaac played very well filling in at right wing-back with Javier Manquillo, Emil Krafth, and DeAndre Yedlin all out with injuries. He didn’t do too much going forward but was outstanding preventing Wolves from attacking down his flank.
Fede Fernandez – 6
- Fernandez again took the captain’s armband but struggled at times. He left Leander Dendoncker unmarked in the 14th minute. Allowed Jimenez to get to Traore’s cross that Dubravka made one of his world-class saves on. However, he did the job to help keep Wolves at bay in the second half.
Ciaran Clark – 8
- Considering this was his first game in a month, this was an outstanding display from Clark. He was so composed, and his experience showed. He made a number of clearances and was our best defender.
Paul Dummett – n/a
- Not enough time on the pitch to get a rating. Paul left in the 12th minute with another hamstring injury and was replaced by Florian Lejeune.
Jetro Willems – 6
- Jetro again had trouble keeping up with Adama Traore but did better than in the home draw when both Traore and Doherty easily beat the Dutchman time and again. This time it was only on a few occasions, and Jetro improved as the game went on. He caused the interception that led to Almiron’s goal and subsequently put in a perfect cross to Dwight Gayle who got the ball to Almiron.
Matty Longstaff – 8
- An excellent performance from the youngster who at times showed his inexperience. Matty Longstaff made a crucial clearance in the first minute of the second half on a Matt Doherty shot. He was a dynamo in the midfield and put in some crunching tackles, though some were a little late.
Sean Longstaff – 6
- This was a big improvement from Sean, who had a lot of touches and played much better than he had recently. He made a wonderful pass to Willems on the first goal. Jetro caused the Wolves player to lose possession, and Sean quickly played Jetro down the left. The elder Longstaff launched a couple of long shots that were well off target when better options were available. However, it was a solid performance overall.
Joelinton – 5
- Joelinton was more involved on the right before Dwight Gayle went off injured. He still didn’t manage a shot and does not do enough to get into the box when in possession. It wasn’t a terrible performance, but he’s still struggling to make any sort of impact for Newcastle.
Miguel Almiron – 9
- This was one of Miguel’s best performances for Newcastle. His goal was another beauty. However, it was his commitment to the cause that was most impressive. He ran all day long, even tracking Adama Traore back to the byline. Almiron was also our biggest threat going forward. He always wanted the ball and seems so much more composed now than early in the season. His goal against Crystal Palace has done wonders for him.
Dwight Gayle – 7
- Gayle was very lively before coming off in the 28th minute with a groin injury. He made an interception that fell to Miguel Almiron early in the game, but Miguel’s shot went wide. Dwight also did brilliantly to get the ball to a trailing Almiron on the goal. He was running the channels, and his movement cause Wolves a lot of problems. It was such a shame he went off. He seemed to have found his rhythm.
Florian Lejeune – 6
- Florian came on for Paul Dummett in the 12th minute. Bruce was wise to move the Frenchman to the middle and have Clark on the left. It was a tidy performance from the Frenchman who looked a lot better with a week and a half of rest.
Christian Atsu – 4
- This was a disappointing display from Atsu. He gave the ball away far too often and rarely made the right decision. Christian was full of effort but showed very little quality at Molineux.
Andy Carroll – n/a
- Not on the pitch long enough for a rating. Andy came into an already scrappy game and threw his weight around as you would expect.
Who Was The Man Of The Match In Draw At Wolves?
- Martin Dubravka (52%, 1,112 )
- Miguel Almiron (43%, 932 )
- Matty Longstaff (1%, 27 )
- Joelinton (1%, 25 )
- Andy Carroll (1%, 11 )
- Isaac Hayden (0%, 7 )
- Jetro Willems (0%, 6 )
- Ciaran Clark (0%, 6 )
- Paul Dummett (0%, 4 )
- Dwight Gayle (0%, 4 )
- Christian Atsu (0%, 4 )
- Sean Longstaff (0%, 4 )
- Federico Fernandez (0%, 3 )
- Florian Lejeune (0%, 2 )
Total Voters: 2,147