web analytics

Report – Newcastle Agree Loan With Option To Buy For Valentino Lazaro

There are multiple outlets now reporting that Newcastle have reached an agreement with Inter Milan for Valentino Lazaro. The primary source appears to be Tutto Mercato journalist Marco Conterio.

The reports claim that the 23-year-old will join on an initial loan with a €2m fee. Newcastle have the option to make the deal permanent this summer for €20m.

If accurate, Newcastle have beaten out West Ham and RB Leipzig for the Austrian international’s signature.

Inter have reportedly also lined up Victor Moses as a replacement for Lazaro with the deal for Roma’s Leonardo Spinazzola falling through yesterday.

This is outstanding news if true. Lazaro would be an excellent addition to this squad with his final ball and ability to take a set-piece.

Newcastle are also said to be readying a bid for Jarrod Bowen in the coming days. So adding Bowen and Lazaro would certainly improve this squad which is the aim this window.

• Lindisfarne

Jan 18, 2020 at 12:14 PM

Mobile, attacking, stays on his feet and has good technical ability, plus adaptability.

• Novocastrian66

Jan 18, 2020 at 12:14 PM

If Newcastle pull of those two deals it would be a seismic shift in attitude from the club. I’ve been reading the Birmingham Mail and the Villa fans are not happy with Newcastle stealing a march on on them for Bowen. Looks like Leeds are our only competition for his signature at the moment.

• bettyswallocks

Jan 18, 2020 at 12:16 PM

Valentino Lazaro my arse. I can’t believe we’ve rushed in and bought a donkey like him!! What say you Jibbles?

• sparetheman

Jan 18, 2020 at 12:18 PM

I like what I’ve seen of this lad. Would prefer him over Bowen, not convinced he’ll do the job in the prem

• Lindisfarne

Jan 18, 2020 at 12:18 PM

• Ron Knee

Jan 18, 2020 at 12:19 PM

Ellie@Ellie_Nufc9

Who’s getting hit on the head by Ritchie today?

• kc2012

Jan 18, 2020 at 12:20 PM

I hope this is true and I can eat my words. What a player he is

• Lindisfarne

Jan 18, 2020 at 12:33 PM

#AshleyOut

#Toon blue and maroon

18th January v Chelsea

• Bobbybee

Jan 18, 2020 at 12:37 PM

Well well well. How refreshing to see a player from the continent happier to stay on his feet than throw himself to the floor every possible opportunity!
    This lad’s final ball is wonderfuly weighted and his crossing excellent. Let’s hope it’s happening, he’ll be a great addition and he’s not afraid to stick his boot in where it hurts.
    Anyone know how reliable this is?

• TomaKaThor

Jan 18, 2020 at 12:41 PM

Not totally sold on him although all I’ve got to go on is YouTube and If inter payed 25 million for him I am happy enough to see if he is good enough.

I feel the same with Bowen tbh from what I’ve seen he doesn’t look that great to me despite scoring alot…

• Bobbybee

Jan 18, 2020 at 12:41 PM

I don’t usually bother with linked players, simply because 99% are simply BS. It’s the agreed terms that interests me, hence the question above. Is it reliable? Come on Jib, you’re usually itk on these things. Giz a clue mate

• TomaKaThor

Jan 18, 2020 at 12:42 PM

But everyone else seems to think he can do it in the prem,and I’d loved to be proved wrong if we get him

• Tonyd3b54

Jan 18, 2020 at 12:51 PM

So is this guys a winger or a rwb? Looks decent

• Nufc-83

Jan 18, 2020 at 12:54 PM

From what I can see this guy looks like he’s a RB/RWB? Likely a replacement for Yedlin or manquillo which wasn’t a priority in my opinion. If he improves us great will never knock that but hopefully that’s not all through the door. We must have about 30 1st team players at the moment and only 25 can be registered. Desperately need to get people out as well!

• Bobbybee

Jan 18, 2020 at 12:54 PM

Ron, Joelinton subbed after 70 minutes with a severe headache after scoring a hattrick. 😀

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jan 18, 2020 at 12:55 PM

What’s the situation on squad numbers (not the actual numbers) my understanding and I’m probably wrong, is that the a fresh squad can be nominated during or after the transfer window shifting some players out to be replaced by incomers.?

• Jib

Jan 18, 2020 at 12:59 PM

From the PL website:-
    Deadline for squad lists
    Normally Premier League clubs will need to register their final 25-man squad for the rest of the campaign the day after the transfer window closes, but because Deadline Day is the day before a round of fixtures, the deadline for submission of final squad lists will be 14:00 GMT on Wednesday 5 February 2020.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jan 18, 2020 at 12:59 PM

Nufc-83

Snap, sort of! 🙂

But shifting players out seems to be a problem for us, some of them have definite limpet qualities and Gayle is injured so who’s going to want him.

• fairscup

Jan 18, 2020 at 1:02 PM

I hope Matt Ritchie hits at least 3 players on the head today.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jan 18, 2020 at 1:07 PM

Good interview with Reagan Thomson, on the official NUFC site, could be another one I’m banging on about soon Jail! 😉

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jan 18, 2020 at 1:12 PM

Jib

Good comeback with the Moncur comment but you know what I meant!!

• Bobbybee

Jan 18, 2020 at 1:12 PM

Big dilemma for Bruce today. If he plays St Max and he wins us the game, all’s well. If he plays him and we lose him to a recurrence of his injury he’ll be a villain.
    Personally I’d put him on the bench and see of we need him with 20 minutes left. Maybe give him a run out anyway later on and then start him against Oxford in the cup.