web analytics

Geordie Fans Flock To Twitter – Delighted With New Signing

Newcastle fans have flooded to Twitter following the announcement by the club that we have secured a loan deal for 25-year-old Schalke 04 box-to-box midfielder Nabil Bentaleb.

There is also an option to buy for just €10M in the summer – so that seems like a great deal for us for such a talented player.

Fans seem very pleased with the deal.

There’s also breaking news that Steve Bruce wants Tottenham and England left-back  Danny Rose on loan.

How Will Newcastle Do At Everton On Tuesday?

• Draw (35%, 944 )
  • Win (35%, 936 )
  • Lose (30%, 790 )

Total Voters: 2,670

Loading ... Loading ...

• barkel

Jan 21, 2020 at 3:01 PM

good to see people assuming lobby is off because of this signing

• DaveD1000

Jan 21, 2020 at 3:01 PM

Big Bruce Stars.

Jan 21, 2020 at 1:56 PM

We don’t use strikers anyway, don’t need them. ?

Tea sprayed all over the place and out my nose when I snorted reading that you swine.

Bentlab….have to admit I know sweet football association about him but he looks a unit

• cyprus

Jan 21, 2020 at 3:02 PM

Posted this like four articles back. Hadn’t realized the bus had moved.

“Don’t know what he’s like now, but when he was at Spurs, he was one if the bright shining lights for the future.”

A Spurs friend just sent me this. The future is now 🙂

Now, for another ASM on the right and we’ll be ok for the rest of the season.

We’ll eventually need to do something about that 20-30s possession… Unless we already have.

• DaveD1000

Jan 21, 2020 at 3:02 PM

including how to spell his name obvs

• martoon

Jan 21, 2020 at 3:03 PM

I have to be honest I just can’t remember him playing for Spurs but most you guys seem to think he’s decent so that’s good enough for me 😉 Question – is he more suitable to play alongside Shelvey or Hayden?

• RobLeenio

Jan 21, 2020 at 3:05 PM

Liam Gibson has just come back from Grimsby where he’s been out on loan, he’s played 22 matches for them and had a couple of assists. If he doesn’t get a chance to at least get in the squad, when Bruce has been calling all of his mates into the first team squad, he’d be pretty sick of his life, you’d think.

It wouldn’t be the first time he’s been in the Senior squad, he played against Lillestrom in a pre-season game when he was 18 or so, he’s since been ill with colitis and has maybe missed out a bit by dropping off the radar but still has quality.

Wouldn’t surprise me at all to have him added to the squad. After all, what else is a reserve / junior side for?

• cyprus

Jan 21, 2020 at 3:07 PM

Martoon
    If I recall, he doesn’t need anyone alongside him. He’s a beast 🙂

I think Hayden has locked the RB position. Though I like Yedlin.

• Munster Mag

Jan 21, 2020 at 3:11 PM

He’s a serious unit, didn’t appreciate that till I saw the stats. Playing against tall athletes in midfield is always difficult and this guy looks like he can play as well as defend. Super work by nickson and Bruce and charnley.

• Jail for Ashley

Jan 21, 2020 at 3:11 PM

Even I might find cause for optimism if we bring Danny Rose and some kind of forward in.

• Jail for Ashley

Jan 21, 2020 at 3:14 PM

Do you’se want the good news or the bad news.
    Ok, ok the good news first. In three years of being on this Blackpool job this is the first time I’ve been stuck on shore due to fog so I’m on full pay and will get to watch the match with a few pints tonight. The bad news is you’ve got me on here for the rest of the day 😛

• TomaKaThor

Jan 21, 2020 at 3:17 PM

If I knew we was getting all transfer money back to spend I would get this guy for 10 Million and sell Sean Longstaff for 30 million if somebody is daft enough to pay that much and use the 20 million towards a quality striker 😀

• Jail for Ashley

Jan 21, 2020 at 3:22 PM

If he turns out shite Munster will you harp on endlessly about it or just put it down to win some lose some. Don’t bother answering, we know already.

• JP...from The Rock

Jan 21, 2020 at 4:03 PM

Great addition, now go all out for Bowen, Josef Martinez and Rose! That will make very happy indeed. Never gonna happen though lol

• Geordie-john

Jan 21, 2020 at 4:20 PM

Bentaleb is supposed to be a no nonsense player However he seems to have a problem at times with being told what to do by managers or coaches. Another HBA ? Don’t really care as long as he performs and brings positives to the team.
    Welcome to Geordie land young man !

• WLtoon

Jan 21, 2020 at 5:24 PM

Doubt we will see much of Bentaleb until maybe 1st week of Feb. He has,nt played high level football since last April so will need to get up to speed.