web analytics

Sky Sports Journalist Claims Mike Ashley Does Want To Sell The Club

Sky Sports reporter Pete Graves has done a live post on his Instagram account in which he made some significant claims about the Saudi-backed consortium, who are in talks to take over Newcastle United.

The quote from Graves that stands out to us is the following:

“I’m told that Mike Ashley does want to sell the club. Significantly, he’s got his lawyers still working on it all the time. I’m told that these guys want are ready to buy the club.”

It also seems that the leaks to the Wall Street Journal were not from either Mike Ashley or Amanda Staveley led consortium if Pete’s reporting is accurate.

Here is a snippet of the live post from Pete Graves that a Newcastle fan has posted on Twitter.

Of course, Graves warns everyone to be both cautious and patient over the next few days as talks are still fluid. However, this is an exciting update and, hopefully, an accurate one.

• TomaKaThor

Jan 28, 2020 at 10:10 PM

So we all no Ashley is to blame for sure if it doesn’t happen this time, they have the money they are willing to give Ashley what he wants, just waiting for Ashley and his spanner on this

• FloridaToon(SDFC)

Jan 28, 2020 at 10:16 PM

MA definitely won’t be able to use the excuse that the buyer didn’t have the money.

• Moonraker15

Jan 28, 2020 at 10:23 PM

It’s happening! Night all! 🙂

• giimps

Jan 28, 2020 at 10:31 PM

So Friday is “D” day or at least we hope so

• JP...from The Rock

Jan 28, 2020 at 10:31 PM

Could this really be the end, i want to believe and get excited for what could be but my brain keeps reminding me this is AshLie we’re talking about here.

• jane

Jan 28, 2020 at 10:32 PM

of course he wants to sell if someone is willing to pay over the odds. be stupid not too. but they probably won’t.

• Charlie in the Gallowgate

Jan 28, 2020 at 10:33 PM

F**k the sale
    Buy a bloody goal scorer for crying out loud!!!!!!

• Nicky the ball tosser

Jan 28, 2020 at 10:39 PM

Ashley may want to sell, but he doesn’t need to, so if he doesn’t like Stavely, and he doesn’t like the idea of selling to MBS, then not really caring what others think, he may not sell to them.

Whatever he does though, unless it’s a most unlikely change of attitude, Ashley will inevitably come to look back upon his ownership with significant regret, and think to himself I really could have and should done a lot more with that football club.

“I coulda had class. I coulda been a contender. I coulda been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am, let’s face it.”

Hahaha! Well, maybe not quite Brando sized regret, but ball park.

• onmeedsun

Jan 28, 2020 at 10:45 PM

Difficult for Ashley to explain this away if there’s no deal. It would mean he has never been a willing seller, despite stating that he is on numerous occasions. Of course he has lied before, something evidenced in the KK constructive dismissal case. But this would be one fake over too far!
    I think this is the one.
    It’s clearly not all made up as there have been no denials. What could possibly go wrong?! I think we deserve some positivity after the last 50 years!

• Tonyd3b54

Jan 28, 2020 at 11:18 PM

Still Ashley has ties to sky sports so this could be something he leaked to save face before he ultimately backs out as usual. With Dubai if it’s not resolved by the end of the week I’m dismissing it altogether

• jon.c

Jan 29, 2020 at 9:13 AM

Dont build your hopes up M A has no intention of selling his golden egg