web analytics

Three Newcastle Lads Get Starts On Loan This Evening

Jacob Murphy was handed his 12th start for Sheffield Wednesday at Wigan this afternoon. The 24-year-old scored his 4th goal of the season in the 32nd minute to put the Owls up 1-0. However, Wigan were able to snatch two second-half goals to get all three points.

Here is a clip of Murphy’s goal and it’s a wonderful header from the winger.

Midfielder Dan Barlaser made his 10th straight start for Rotherham as they defeated Ipswich Town 1-0 at home this evening. It was Dan’s 25th start in all competitions since joining the Millers. The win keeps Rotherham top of League One on 50 points.

Kelland Watts made his debut in the starting eleven for Mansfield Town as they traveled to face Oldham. However, it was one to forget for the 20-year-old as Mansfield fell 3-1 to the Latics. Watts played the entire game and was used in a defensive midfield role. The loss drops The Stags to 21st in League Two just 2 points above the relegation places.

• Online Guy

Jan 29, 2020 at 1:54 AM

Florida Toon

Thank you . I know you would say the same ..same sentiments .

• ChicoUSA

Jan 29, 2020 at 2:10 AM

I hope you get to feeling better soon, Ed!

• The Wife

Jan 29, 2020 at 2:11 AM

Online Guy,

I’ve contacted carltoon privately to get the address for your donation. Will send it on to your email once received.

• Online Guy

Jan 29, 2020 at 2:14 AM

The Wife

Thanks for that

She may not want to give the shop name and that’s fine ..they can drop stuff of at the church that Carltoon mentioned .

Keep my email addy secret ..lol !

Good of you.

• The Wife

Jan 29, 2020 at 2:20 AM

Online Guy,

Of course! I deal in sensitive information all day long at my job. Your email address is safe with me. 🙂

• NY Mag

Jan 29, 2020 at 2:25 AM

In general I haven’t said much about this latest takeover (fakeover)
    I was fully ‘immersed’ in the last one and felt a bit burned afterwards.

Positives – if the reports are correct, there’s some serious players involved who as of yet have not made any denials.

Negatives – I don’t like ‘Project zebra’, since it’s a convenient way to explain the PZ newco Ltd company that staveley incorporated (just a couple of weeks before the story broke), it’s either a perfect explanation or manufactured in retrospect. Also, the media frenzy is starting to take hold with claim and counter claim (there’s no way to determine what the truth is)

The one thing that makes me laugh the most (and apologies if someone has already suggested this), because this is irony at its finest – I’ve read loads of comments on how Ashley has nowhere to go and nowhere to hide if this deal doesn’t go through.

Actually, he has the perfect excuse – it’s been debated on this blog, (quite heatedly) – in fact some of his biggest critics have already agreed with him. He can simply say that the deal with the Saudi investment fund did not sit well with him morally (remember the irony part 🙂 )

In fact, if it happened, he would probably be lauded for it (not by NUFC fans of course, but he stopped caring about what we think a long time ago).

• The Wife

Jan 29, 2020 at 2:31 AM

NY Mag,

And here I was, finding some (dark) humor in the thought that the only way MA could hope to improve his own public opinion would be to sell the club to an entity more dastardly than himself. 😀

• NY Mag

Jan 29, 2020 at 2:31 AM

The wife,

I thought CIA headquarters were in Virginia, not North Carolina 😀

• NY Mag

Jan 29, 2020 at 2:33 AM

The wife,

If I get accused of being a PR shill……I may aswell think like one 🙂

• FloridaToon(SDFC)

Jan 29, 2020 at 2:36 AM

NY Mag

Yes that would be ironic, not sure if the NUFC faithful would feel the same (morally). MA is dealing with the big boys now and I don’t think any excuse would save him.

• Online Guy

Jan 29, 2020 at 2:41 AM

Lesh

About me fingers ..I went too far with the nail clippers.. bloody painful next day, even washing hands was bad ..complicated by the top of my right thumb that I’d sliced a little bit off..a tiny wee bit but it hurt like ..well really bad ..I thought I’d cut a nerve .. I was fashioning , making a Guitar nut out of Ivory ..horror ! It was 200+ year old stuff and had been carved into a fancy ornament in the 1800s, well before the 1947 ? law was passed ..i still felt a bit guilty ..anyway it’s old old ivory I was given by a mate who makes the Northumbrian pipes ..adorned with silver ..amazing works of art and functionality , not to mention the tone and sound.

Making a Nut is an exact science ..sooner make bone bridge saddle..its really precise as You will know .

Anyway I have this old acoustic with a neck like an electric ..really playable and I knew it had great potential .. For some reason I now have it playable perfectly right down the neck with the lowest action iv ever realised on any guitar .. I usually employ someone else to do this but I like to keep my limited luthier skills up .

The sound ? I was playing an old Martin D35 last week that belongs to someone you will know and it sounded lifeless , first Martin I ever played that disappointed ..this one Iv sorted it’s alive !. I can’t put it down ..amazing tone .

With that , it’s goodnight from me and goodnight fr..

• NY Mag

Jan 29, 2020 at 2:41 AM

Florida,

I agree, there’s nothing he can do (other than sell the club) that will redeem him (that won’t either, but at least he’ll be forgotten about).

But, unfortunately – I’m not sure he cares (that’s what worries me)

• Online Guy

Jan 29, 2020 at 2:43 AM

The Wife

You working for the CIA nowadays ?

I know we are safe with all at Harrison HQ !

Goodnight to you and all. x

• FloridaToon(SDFC)

Jan 29, 2020 at 2:45 AM

goodnight OLG

• FloridaToon(SDFC)

Jan 29, 2020 at 2:48 AM

NY Mag

At the very least there seems to be an all around agreement that MBS is at the table. IMO if a deal falls through it will be because of MA unless something comes out that MBS felt the valuation was too high. Having missed out on the Mansour’s I think there would be riots if this didn’t go through.

• NY Mag

Jan 29, 2020 at 2:50 AM

Goodnight OLG,

Take care mate 🙂

• The Wife

Jan 29, 2020 at 2:51 AM

Nah, I’m not with the government. It’s a privately owned company. 🙂

• Online Guy

Jan 29, 2020 at 2:51 AM

The Wife

I have this thought of Ed in his Radio Shack ..comms den ..and he’s in the bunker like DeNiro in meet the fockers !

Puts a watch on Jib ..24/7 surveillance !

Lol.

• NY Mag

Jan 29, 2020 at 2:53 AM

Florida,

I’m sure you’re right…..and I really hope this time is ‘the one’
    I can’t imagine what the fallout would be on this blog.

• NY Mag

Jan 29, 2020 at 2:54 AM

The wife,

Black ops it is then 😀

• Online Guy

Jan 29, 2020 at 2:55 AM

Night Florida, Ny, the Wife, Lesh, and all.

• Online Guy

Jan 29, 2020 at 2:59 AM

Poor Jib , always gets pelters from all sides .

Can we have a special regional / national / international , be kind to Jib day ..?

Let’s embrace him with kindness all day Wednesday ..ok ?

Neyt.

• FloridaToon(SDFC)

Jan 29, 2020 at 2:59 AM

NY Mag

Thanks, but I am just as up in the air as most on here. I, like you, got burned last year. Really thought is was going to happen. My heart is hoping its true but my brain is in defense mode.

• The Wife

Jan 29, 2020 at 3:02 AM

Ahahaha!

Online Guy and NY Mag – y’all make me laugh. 🙂

[Jib, “y’all” is a contraction of the words ‘you’ and ‘all’, and is a commonly used term here in the southern United States. Just thought I’d let you know.]

And on that note, I will say good night to you fine folk on the Night Shift. 🙂

• FloridaToon(SDFC)

Jan 29, 2020 at 3:06 AM

Goodnight

• Online Guy

Jan 29, 2020 at 3:21 AM

I’m still up !

Forget to lock a few doors 100 yards away ..freezing out there brrr

Anyway grabbed an artichoke in olive oil out the cooler.. can never work out if Im eating a flower a vegetable or a dead mouse .

Animal , vegetable or mineral ? Well it looks like a dead mouse.

• toon22

Jan 29, 2020 at 3:25 AM

Thought all the alphabet agency’s moved to Denver ?

• toon22

Jan 29, 2020 at 3:26 AM

I also doubt Jabba is stupid enough to dip his toe into ethics lol

People taken home in ambulances and giving birth in the toilets says otherwise

😉

• lesh

Jan 29, 2020 at 4:51 AM

Online

How in hell does anyone cut their fingers using nail clippers?

I’d never thought about what’s involved in carving ivory but if you managed to make a nut that did the job, good for you.

Anyway Wednesday’s Nice to be Nice to Jib Day is it.

He’ll not know what’s hit him. -)

• lesh

Jan 29, 2020 at 4:54 AM

The Wife

You don’t work for the Government but for a private company. I thought that under Trump they were one and the same!

😉

• GeordieTwo

Jan 29, 2020 at 6:20 AM

Excellent to hear aboot your nut online guy. I too (attempt) to play guitar. I like my nut as it is though……

• GeordieTwo

Jan 29, 2020 at 6:22 AM

Does anyone else have any interesting nut stories for us?

• GeordieTwo

Jan 29, 2020 at 6:23 AM

Goodnight Florida Toon. Stay wild and wooly…..

• Lindisfarne

Jan 29, 2020 at 6:24 AM

Ash(key) Wednesday would be a better use of our collective consciousness and kill two birds with one stone.

• Lindisfarne

Jan 29, 2020 at 6:25 AM

#Ash(ley)

• Lindisfarne

Jan 29, 2020 at 6:28 AM

GeordieTwo

Talking of nuts

• #BoycottAshley ( OP)

Jan 29, 2020 at 6:35 AM

NY Mag

Ashley could pull that trick and say it didn’t sit comfortable with him, yet I think he’d get slaughtered by the press and everyone.

He’s happy to use Chinese sweat shops etc, refusing to sell because of his morals would open a can of worms he would never be able to close.

• hibbit

Jan 29, 2020 at 6:56 AM

• c-dog

Jan 29, 2020 at 6:57 AM

So if Ashley genuinely doesn’t want to sell it means he’s making Money from his ownership of Newcastle United

• c-dog

Jan 29, 2020 at 7:01 AM

It’s certainly not a plan to get season ticket renewals.
    Takeover talk the last three years has resulted in declining season ticket holders.