web analytics

Three Newcastle Lads Get Starts On Loan This Evening

Jacob Murphy was handed his 12th start for Sheffield Wednesday at Wigan this afternoon. The 24-year-old scored his 4th goal of the season in the 32nd minute to put the Owls up 1-0. However, Wigan were able to snatch two second-half goals to get all three points.

Here is a clip of Murphy’s goal and it’s a wonderful header from the winger.

Midfielder Dan Barlaser made his 10th straight start for Rotherham as they defeated Ipswich Town 1-0 at home this evening. It was Dan’s 25th start in all competitions since joining the Millers. The win keeps Rotherham top of League One on 50 points.

Kelland Watts made his debut in the starting eleven for Mansfield Town as they traveled to face Oldham. However, it was one to forget for the 20-year-old as Mansfield fell 3-1 to the Latics. Watts played the entire game and was used in a defensive midfield role. The loss drops The Stags to 21st in League Two just 2 points above the relegation places.

• MagpieRanger

Jan 29, 2020 at 9:57 AM

One way or the other if we don’t hear anything by the weekend it’s not happening

• Mag :P

Jan 29, 2020 at 9:58 AM

Dubai.

Cans?

Lol, surprised you don’t have a picture of the the Saudi crown Prince with the caption “hero” on your profile pic.

• #BoycottAshley ( OP)

Jan 29, 2020 at 9:58 AM

Why does this always happen in January ?

It’s a shit month to start with, getting back to work after a few weeks off. Cold miserable weather generally a shit window.

Why can’t Ashley put me on a downer in the summer when its warm and I’m spending too much time in beer gardens, if he did it then I could sit in the house depressed saving money.

Joy thief

• lesh

Jan 29, 2020 at 9:58 AM

B&W blood

They’ll just have to win the egg cup

• The Sheikh'sMate

Jan 29, 2020 at 10:02 AM

All quiet on the western front… maybe a good thing at the mo?

• RobLeenio

Jan 29, 2020 at 10:04 AM

MagpieRanger
    Jan 29, 2020 at 9:57 AM

Why?

• RobLeenio

Jan 29, 2020 at 10:07 AM

Oh, also, whose weekend? Ours or the Saudis? Theirs is Friday and Saturday, so you can see how your statement is a little ambiguous.

• Reilly

Jan 29, 2020 at 10:08 AM

MailOnline Sport
    @MailSport
    39s
    EXCLUSIVE: Newcastle midfielder Jonjo Shelvey is set for a spell on the sidelines with a muscle injury

• DubaiMicky

Jan 29, 2020 at 10:09 AM

We’d be a very small drop in PIF’s portfolio – how about a $500bn project to revolutionise an entire region? https://arab.news/cz8ha and https://www.neom.com/en-us/

Now imagine if they spent under 1% of that revitalising us and the City too. Direct flights to Medina for our Muslim fans to perform Haj via Saudia?

• Mund

Jan 29, 2020 at 10:12 AM

What a start of a new year and a new decade if this does go through. I believed it was going to be a good year for me and then this news dropped in January. The feeling of it being a good year would be understated because if we get took over id imagine id feel exactly the same if i won big on the lottery.

Just imagine what it could do for us fans, the level of highs everybody will be on. I bet a few babies get made over this next year we will have an influx of kids in Newcastle coming in 2021. I know for one it would change my life completely i imagine id feel i could take on the world be able to achieve anything.

• ronaldo aarons

Jan 29, 2020 at 10:17 AM

Has Mbappe been signed yet?

• toon kk

Jan 29, 2020 at 10:17 AM

If /when the club is sold it will be done behind closed doors and anounced at the last minute.
    Ash is a very private business man.
    Minds have cirtainly been taken off the transfer window that’s for sure.

• RobLeenio

Jan 29, 2020 at 10:19 AM

Bad news, that, Reilly. I was looking forward to seeing how he would play in a midfield three with Bentaleb and Hayden.

He’s becoming as injury prone as Andy Carroll

• ronaldo aarons

Jan 29, 2020 at 10:21 AM

Lot of talk of Giroud going to spurs. Still say he’s a good fit for us and a loan deal could be sorted? Reports are he’s been offered 18 months at spurs but would he really go for that after arsenal? Guess he ended up at Chelsea so probably will.

Crystal Palace supposedly selling van aanholt too for like £8/9m. I think that’s decent. I’m sure there’s a team I know that need a left back/wing back?

• ronaldo aarons

Jan 29, 2020 at 10:24 AM

Another muscle injury?? Bloody hell man.

• ronaldo aarons

Jan 29, 2020 at 10:33 AM

Apparently one of the 2 mystery bidders are from Russia. The other is large consortium made up of online supporters. Rumour has it the figurehead is very handsome!

• Jib

Jan 29, 2020 at 10:34 AM

• RobLeenio

Jan 29, 2020 at 10:34 AM

I’d take van Aanholt, he’ll provide pace and width and has an eye for a goal. What’s not to like, other than the Sunderland connection?

Given he and Rose are both ex-Mackem, is it fair to say that Sunderland have had the better left backs / lwbs over the last decade? Who have we had? Enrique (decent, not much flair), Dummett (defensively sound, not exciting in attack), Ritchie (a right winger converted) and more recently Willems.

• ronaldo aarons

Jan 29, 2020 at 10:35 AM

Rob
    Van aanholt was a Geordie before he was a mackem. Loaned him in the championship under hughton I think.

• ronaldo aarons

Jan 29, 2020 at 10:36 AM

And you have to add santon to your list otherwise you might get bother from a certain poster 🙂

• simon376

Jan 29, 2020 at 10:41 AM

Yeah Van Aanholt did well for us when on loan, I remember I tweeted him just after he went back asking about him returning to us, think he said would love to, but didnt know what was happening. If not Rose, I’d take him staright away

• Slatymag

Jan 29, 2020 at 10:44 AM

How long till the first intimations of an obstacle or hitch are leaked? I’m guessing this evening or tomorrow morning with the added info that a deal could be still made but both parties showing signs of weariness.

That’ll stew for a good few hours then we’ll find out on Friday they couldn’t come to a final agreement, with no specifics given.

• TomaKaThor

Jan 29, 2020 at 10:45 AM

So hypothetically speaking, If we got took over how rich we talking? Richest owners in world football? *Drolls* So hard to imagine us in the near future being a name linked with every big player after so long in the dark

• RobLeenio

Jan 29, 2020 at 10:48 AM

Lol, cheers Ronaldo, thanks for keeping me straight. I’d forgotten about that loan with us – apparently 7 games over a month, seem to think we all thought he was an upgrade but the club didn’t bother its ar$e to pursue him. Definitely more associated with them Mackems than with us.

Just waiting on being mauled by Kets, now! Forgetting Santon? How could I? To be fair, he is still only 29 and could do a job for us. I honestly don’t remember him being that good….

😉

• TomaKaThor

Jan 29, 2020 at 10:51 AM

Drools

• Prince Jim

Jan 29, 2020 at 11:16 AM

I honestly believe something is going on, im fairly confident if this was all bulls*** someone would have commented from Saudi regarding if it was a pure fabrication on Asley and the PR team.

Also if it was bollox why would Staveley be rumoured to be involved? She and Ashley didn’t exactly finish on great terms. Surely thinking Ashley would pay her to be part of a blatant lie is a little far fetched? The woman is fairly minted already. My feeling having her involved is a tactical masterpiece for negotiations.

Im not saying something will go through, I know as much as every other person on this blog, but there is definitely some substance just based on the correlation of the news, which I feel has also been compounded by the knee jerk reply about ‘other parties being now involved’ this is most likely some PR spin from Bishop and his band of bishop bashers trying to turn up the heat.

My view is that if it’s going to happen it needs to be soon. I don’t think such a large potential transaction like this plays out well in public.

1 4 5 6