web analytics

Newcastle Midfielder Faces A Month Out With Hamstring Injury

Steve Bruce has been handed another injury blow according to a report in the Daily Mail. Craig Hope is reporting that Jonjo Shelvey will miss another month with a hamstring strain.

Shelvey last played for Newcastle in the Chelsea win a few weeks ago. Since then, he made the trip to Everton one week ago but did not get on the pitch. He was not in the squad that only managed a draw against Oxford.

The 27-year-old has had a struggle with injuries since last season when he missed much of the campaign with a thigh injury. He’s also missed a few games this season with various injuries, including a calf injury that kept him out of the loss to Burnley in December.

Thankfully, Bruce has cover at the position with the Longstaff brothers, new signing Nabil Bentaleb, and utility man Isaac Hayden, who has spent much of the past month covering at right wing-back and even center-back.

Jonjo remains Newcastle’s leading scorer with 5 goals in his 15 Premier League appearances. He is one of nine current Magpies who are injured at the moment, including Paul Dummett and Jetro Willems, who are out for the season with Jetro having returned to the Netherlands to start his long road back from his most recent knee injury.

• Munster Mag

Jan 29, 2020 at 11:37 AM

Wife and Ed, best wishes from across the water. Keep going tough man.

• Markaccus

Jan 29, 2020 at 11:38 AM

Mindshaft

Sorry to see that about your kid. How old? I’ve survived leukemia myself as an adult and it was horrible. I can’t imagine what its like for a bairn.

• Neil Harrison

Jan 29, 2020 at 11:38 AM

Thanks everyone,

I will pass these comments on to my dad.

Mindshift,

I’m very sorry to hear that. Best wishes to your son with his recovery.

• DaveD1000

Jan 29, 2020 at 11:38 AM

Droppy
    the last time Manda was around I fell hook line and sinker,couldn’t sleep was refreshing every 5 secs, believing every ITK flight tracker etc etc. This time 110% sceptic….but this time has a different flavour after the WSJ thing there has been relevantly little drama apart from mild rehashing of “sources” stories. This morning it sorta feels as if it might be firming up. I am wavering HWTL

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jan 29, 2020 at 11:39 AM

Hi Samrat

Welcome to the blog, I hope you can match Jib’s ascerbic sense of humour!

• Jib

Jan 29, 2020 at 11:40 AM

Villa find out which Manchester club they play at Wembley tonight
    and
    LPool play their game in hand , away to West Ham

• hibbit

Jan 29, 2020 at 11:41 AM

a good thumping for west ham would be nice !!!!

• martoon

Jan 29, 2020 at 11:46 AM

hibbit it was this one (sorry Rob)

The Wife Jan 29, 2020 at 1:28 AM Comment #67
    Online Guy,

That is really strange (the gaps of white between posts). Maybe try a different browser?

And thank you for keeping Ed in your thoughts. Neil said today wasn’t a good day for his dad and that Ed was feeling poorly. So any positive thoughts/vibes sent our way are certainly appreciated.

• RobLeenio

Jan 29, 2020 at 11:49 AM

Cheers, martoon – saves me trawling back through the comments.

• The mighty wyn

Jan 29, 2020 at 11:58 AM

Haven’t posted for a while due to being depressed at the last takeover fiasco in the summer. I just want to get the feeling back that I can enjoy the club again with hope for the future. Must admit was sceptical this time but caulking article this morning has perked me up a bit and I might just be starting to believe again.
    One thing’s sure everybody knows this time whose fault it would be !
    I would also like to pass on good wishes to Ed and thanks to Neil and the wife for keeping up the good work

• TomaKaThor

Jan 29, 2020 at 12:20 PM

I meant if we are taken over obviously

• JohnJ

Jan 29, 2020 at 2:04 PM

RobLeenio

Jan 29, 2020 at 10:53 AM

Alas it’s not this John either!

On a more serious note I am indeed sorry that Dr Ed’s condition is not at all too good – My thoughts and best wishes to Dr Ed and all his family 🙁