web analytics

Report – Newcastle’s Top Target Now Available For Lower Fee

Yesterday, a report revealed that Hull City had told Jarrod Bowen of their intention to trigger the year-long extension on his current contract. This option will keep Bowen at Hull for an extra year to 2021.

It comes amid a new contract offer that Bowen has yet to sign. This latest development could signify that Hull are resigned to losing their star forward as they have been unable to tie him down long-term.

The Shields Gazette are now reporting that Hull may have lowered their asking price for the 23-year-old from north of £20m to £18m.

If true, then Hull are likely willing to sell Bowen this month knowing that his value will drop even further by this summer when he’ll have just the one year remaining on his contract.

Hopefully, Newcastle will take advantage of this situation and go in with an increased offer for Bowen. Recent reports claim Newcastle were willing to offer £12m plus add-ons, so why not just offer £15m and see if Hull bite at that amount.

Of course, we’re not quite sure how the latest takeover talk will affect the final few days of the window. But the club should press forward with their targets this month.

If we can bring in Bowen, a left-back, and maybe a striker, we should be fine for the rest of this season.

• Markaccus

Jan 29, 2020 at 12:22 PM

EGB

Also thanks. Just spotted you also posted the explanation

• droppy in Wallsend

Jan 29, 2020 at 12:23 PM

Didn’t AS label the tyre kicker comment as hurtful and untrue?

Hell hath no fury and all that.

Please happen this time.

• hibbit

Jan 29, 2020 at 12:25 PM

seems to me like someone is trying to change the subject LOL

• TomaKaThor

Jan 29, 2020 at 12:25 PM

All makes sense.. Ashley pretends there are other people he is talking to so he can stall for time… to mess this up.. His actions really are not of someone who really wants to sell.. How hard is it to agree if all we are waiting for is his seal of approval

I really want to see the back of this man so badly… The way he goes about everything is so infuriating

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jan 29, 2020 at 12:26 PM

Marcaccus

Thought I’d better as it was my original comment about the Phishing that set the thingy in motion. 🙂

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jan 29, 2020 at 12:28 PM

That link to the Saudi executions etc. will not be welcome publicity for them, might be enough to make them back of the purchase.

• RobLeenio

Jan 29, 2020 at 12:30 PM

Micky #26, one of the best posts I’ve read on here since this latest transfer saga began. Great job with the reference to the Tony Jiminez quote.

Enlightening!

• #BoycottAshley ( OP)

Jan 29, 2020 at 12:30 PM

I tried to post a link to the joint statement from supporters groups but it won’t show up, says duplicate post but shows nothing

• #BoycottAshley ( OP)

Jan 29, 2020 at 12:32 PM

Theres a mag article with the statement etc, won’t show up on blog for whatever reason.

• geordie157

Jan 29, 2020 at 12:32 PM

Just do 15 mill plus atsu and get it done.

• hibbit

Jan 29, 2020 at 12:35 PM

sorry OP

• Captain AmeriMag

Jan 29, 2020 at 12:35 PM

Lads I’ve been doing some extensive research into Arabian human rights and I really don’t think we have anything to worry about from an ethical standpoint. Women aren’t covered and they are integrated with the men, animals are treat very well and spontaneous singing often bursts out in the street. You have to be wary of talking parrots and evil sorcerers but apart from that it looks a good old time over there.

Obviously by extensive research I mean watching Disney’s Aladdin with my kids every morning this week, but I’m pretty sure it will be about the same

• #BoycottAshley ( OP)

Jan 29, 2020 at 12:36 PM

Hibbit

Yes, thanks, wouldn’t let me post it.

• Lindisfarne

Jan 29, 2020 at 12:39 PM

#slabs

(x24 cans)

• #BoycottAshley ( OP)

Jan 29, 2020 at 12:40 PM

The sensible monk is a strange one, does he post on here?

• #BoycottAshley ( OP)

Jan 29, 2020 at 12:41 PM

Get the Shisha out.

Puff puff pass

• Novocastrian66

Jan 29, 2020 at 12:43 PM

I’m not going to defend the Saudi’s human rights record or their chosen modes of corporal punishments but they are the law of their land. I think that as the country opens up, it’s laws and regulations will come under greater scrutiny and undoubtedly reform. This can only be a good thing. Thousands of years of tradition and attitudes will not be changed overnight and will take time. To outlaw any arrangements with Saudi Arabia will only lengthen the process.

• TyneMouth

Jan 29, 2020 at 12:43 PM

Well, well well…

I haven’t posted on the Blog for a long, long time.

Truth is I’ve been a tad busy, but the few times that I have viewed the posts I was disappointed at the preponderance of adolescent drivel that seemed to have infected the blog.
    ….. (“you said this, I said that, you know nowt, ad infinitum!)

I know from friends of mine that I’m not the only one who feels this way.

However! a new dawn arrives.

This is no Fake-over. The total absence of denial from any of the main players is enough to convince me that this development has legs!
    It’s claimed that Ashley is upset about the leak, well tough titty Mr ‘Morally Bankrupt Chancer’.

I for one couldn’t give a rat’s ass how upset MA is, but I suspect that if he attempts to behave impolite towards the Sheik, he might discover how really upset an Arabian Prince can be…

• beefman13

Jan 29, 2020 at 12:48 PM

I can see Martin Samuel’s argument about
    Mandy n co acquiring the toon, an owner who wants to sell, mmm, “still not sure on that one”, anyways, buyers supposedly super keen to buy, mmm, “still not sure in that one either”.
    What exactly are the sticking points then, anyone care to enlighten me, they say amount agreed, I mean they have a painting worth more than the club hanging on the wall on his yacht, just what is holding the “supposed deal up”, as usual a mind f cuk.
    Mike, I am not wishing for anything, just take your bit, you have doubled your money, made yourself your cherished deal, and get outta TOON.

• ascot7

Jan 29, 2020 at 1:01 PM

Stop knocking Ashley, you toonys can be horrible. Ashley, cannot compete with the money bag clubs, wake up sawdust heads, drinking to much . Do you want to see another Sunderland. Twits. If the Arab,cJewish investment goes ahead, then it can be stopped by the FA. Are you foolishly going to blame the owner.

• TomaKaThor

Jan 29, 2020 at 1:09 PM

Got to find it amusing that we went into the transfer window with it painfully obvious we needed a striker more than anything and now from the update if we are to get anything else it will be more likely a Lb or lwb before a striker… *facepalm* guess we are relying on our defenders for the remainder of the season