web analytics

Winter Break Has This Magpie ‘Really Ready’ For Arsenal

Newcastle will get back to work this week after their winter mini-break. The games this past weekend went our way as we remain in 12th and are seven points from the drop zone.

There’s a run of games through the end of March that can see Newcastle really do well in the league as well as advance in the FA Cup.

DateOppositionWhereCompetitionKO Time
Sat 14 MarSheffield UnitedSt James ParkPL3:00 pm
Sat 21 MarManchester CitySt James ParkFA Cup 6th round3:00 pm
Sat 4 AprBournemouthDean CourtPL3:00 pm
Fri 10 AprWest HamSt James ParkPL3:00 pm
Sat 25 AprWatfordVicarage RoadPL3:00 pm
Sat 2 MayTottenhamSt James ParkPL3:00 pm

Our chances will be much better if one Allan Saint-Maximin remains fit and available for the rest of this season. Newcastle are just a much better side with the Frenchman on the pitch as the stats below reveal.

However, keeping Allan fit has proven to be a problem this season. He’s had two spells out with hamstring injuries and made just 12 starts in the Premier League.

The Shields Gazette have published some comments by Allan in which he touches on his injuries and how he’s getting back to full speed:

“I feel much better. I’ve been injured two times. You know hamstrings are really difficult because I use my pace to run.

“I run a lot, strong sprints, and I have to be careful. I keep going, I keep working, and now I feel much better. I’m happy to score for my team. Everybody knows it was an important game.

“It’s really important for me because I can have a little bit more time for recovery. I can work a lot on my hamstring, so I can be really ready against Arsenal.”

This extra week will hopefully do wonders for Saint-Maximin and the rest of the squad. We expect to hear that Andy Carroll, Dwight Gayle, Yoshinori Muto, and Javier Manquillo will be back in full training this week.

But the key could be making sure Allan Saint-Maximin is involved for the rest of the season. As even he says, the team wins more when he’s playing:

“Even if sometimes I don’t score, but the team wins, I’m really happy. This is more important to me than goals. When I’m on the pitch, the team tends to win a lot, so that makes me happy.”

• geordietom

Feb 10, 2020 at 9:56 AM

as i said i’m still confident the takeover is still on going…

• RobLeenio

Feb 10, 2020 at 9:59 AM

“When I’m on the pitch, the team tends to win a lot, so that makes me happy.”

Nothing if not modest, wor new superstar!

😉

• Big Bruce Stars.

Feb 10, 2020 at 10:00 AM

They could have used you on the Titanic geordietom.

• RobLeenio

Feb 10, 2020 at 10:02 AM

Who thinks this Winter break has been a good idea? I think it’s suited us better even than most other teams, given the length of our injury list.

MotD 2 was a bit thin last night, mind, given that the Man City match was cancelled.

I feel like we’ve had a Winter break the last couple of seasons anyway, with Rafa taking the lads over to Portugal when we were out of the Cup and coming back to a decent run of results both times.

• DaveD1000

Feb 10, 2020 at 10:04 AM

RNLI collecting at LLandudno ASDA at the weekend. I said can you take from card to the 4-5 old boys at the stand. Yea we got all the modern technology….. put card in hit the numbers, old boy says wait a minute I might have to wave it around to get 4G. A couple of mins later I walked out to ATM got cash and came back to find the oldest one standing on the rows of trolleys waving his hands like a windmill. Gave them a tenner for the comedy value alone.

• bettyswallocks

Feb 10, 2020 at 10:07 AM

Tsunki….,,,,.. What would they have used him for?

• RobLeenio

Feb 10, 2020 at 10:12 AM

My Grandad was a sparky for P&O (the container ships, not the ferries) and travelled the World. He made me promise that whenever I saw an RNLI collecting tin I’d stick in some money, which I still do now.

That’s fairly rare when you live in the middle of Lincolnshire, but it’s a bloody expensive business when you live in Cullercoats – I must have given them thousands over the years.

😉

• Bills Son Is Back

Feb 10, 2020 at 10:13 AM

When you think that ASM has never had a real run of games when he’s been 100% fit, and the results we’ve had when he’s played, let’s hope he fly’s for the rest of the season.

Bentaleb will also get better and have more influence and we’ve got Rose and Lazaro to come in.

Won’t build my hopes too high but we could just have a cracking end to the season.

50pts?

• Bills Son Is Back

Feb 10, 2020 at 10:14 AM

50+pts.

• Big Bruce Stars.

Feb 10, 2020 at 10:15 AM

I was thinking morale or entertainments officer. Also flotation device on days off.

• geordietom

Feb 10, 2020 at 10:21 AM

Tsunki …

if you were on the Titanic we could use you as a bilge pump …

• Bills Son Is Back

Feb 10, 2020 at 10:22 AM

If Liverpool get knocked out of the cup (some chance I know) all of the other teams are beatable.

We just have to get past WBA and hope for a home draw next.

Mind, even if we win it, lesh reckons we’ll just be another Wigan.

• Bills Son Is Back

Feb 10, 2020 at 10:23 AM

geordieonton @ 11.

Classic, hahahaha 🙂

• Jail for Ashley

Feb 10, 2020 at 10:24 AM

Munster Mag,
    I’m not a liar though am I, you actually calling me a liar is lying. It’s really hard work reasoning with an idiot like yourself.
    “Is that a woman there or a man….?”
    Is that not inferring that I’ve got something to do with transvestites while I’m on my FAMILY holiday?? And you are calling me appalling. That other triumvirate of stupidity you ally your self with geordietom talking about chicks with d… is there something wrong with the three of you?

• beermonkey

Feb 10, 2020 at 10:34 AM

jail

to quote TED (the bear) there are no chicks with di*** just blokes with tits

• hibbit

Feb 10, 2020 at 10:35 AM

• Jail for Ashley

Feb 10, 2020 at 10:36 AM

If geordietom was on the Titanic that iceberg wouldn’t have come within a mile of the footin thing 😀

• Moonraker15

Feb 10, 2020 at 10:54 AM

Geordietom was in the orchestra on the Titanic!

• Moonraker15

Feb 10, 2020 at 10:59 AM

Geordietom
    Everyone on this blog except for you know who, are praying you are an itk and it is going to happen! Despite the leg-pulling we are secretly praying you are right! Keep it going please!

• Munster Mag

Feb 10, 2020 at 11:20 AM

Jail, purleez, please put your false outrage away. You’re so transparent its unreal. You know I’m only teasing about ladyboys, so stop getting falsely sensitive, nobody believes you. You obviously have a think skin when you can accuse Jib of touching up young men in his cab many moons ago. Can you imagine if you were a cabbie now – and i said that to you ? You’re a spoofer and a liar, but I’ve shown that before. Martin Neill , Nigel Pearce, Stuart Pearce ? Ya i wanted them all as you claimed. More lies. You’re a joke.