web analytics

Report – Newcastle Still Tracking Dynamic Forward Linked In January

Early in the winter transfer window, Newcastle were linked with quite a few strikers. A new name seemed to pop up every day.

Many of these strikers ended up making moves last month. Players like Krzysztof Piatek, Paco Alcacer, Tino Kadawere, and Karl Toko Ekambi all joined new clubs during the January window.

One forward that Newcastle were briefly linked with was Club Brugge’s Emmanuel Dennis.

Early in the window, French journalist Manu Lonjon tweeted the following, which translates to ‘Newcastle just made an offer for Emmanuel Dennis.’

The fee being bandied about for the 22-year-old was £25m. However, it was quickly refuted by the Chronicle’s Lee Ryder.

Dennis’s name has come up again in a report from Belgian outlet HLN which names Newcastle as one of seven clubs scouting him.

The report claims that Brighton, Sheffield United, and Watford from the Premier League, along with Dortmund, Monaco, and Sampdoria are tracking the Nigerian international.

Dennis joined Brugge on a free in 2017 from Ukraine’s Zorya Luhansk. He can play as a center-forward or on either wing and has made 100 appearances in total for Brugge with 27 goals and 10 assists.

The dynamic forward only turned 22 in November, so he has plenty of time to reach his potential. The report from Belgium also claims that Brugge value Dennis at the £25m mark.

He does seem like the type of signing Newcastle could go for in the summer.

• Lee Charnley Bunga Party

Feb 11, 2020 at 10:47 AM

We do seem to keep tabs on players for a while it wouldn’t surprise me if we went for him in the summer but again do we need another winger/striker player ? For me we need a 100% speed merchant striker and that man should be Martinez of Atlanta ! Him, Almiron, Joelinton and ASM together could work well

• JamesToon

Feb 11, 2020 at 10:51 AM

RobLeenio

Just read your discussion from yesterday with the greenshill planes etc.

Can you explain to me what the purpose of the greensill capital company is. The original story from WSJ was that PiF would have 80% of NUFC, staveley 10% and reubens 10%

Correct me if im wrong but it now sounds like the Saudi’s will invest in the club through Greenshill Capital as and when they want to, what does that mean in terms of who will have the most equity in the club, who will have to pass the fit and proper persons test will it be staveley or still the saudis?

Also why are they using Greenshill? And why are they putting money into greenshill through Softback vision as well, why don’t they just team up with staveley and reubens and di bello?

Sorry for all the questions, im not the most clued up in terms of finance, but im still learning 🙂

• Anglo Saxon

Feb 11, 2020 at 11:06 AM

RobLeenio
    You seem to have been very proactive in the last few days on the blog, you seem to be pushing last years agender. You also made a statement which said FFS Jib is not Lee sounds very forceful, do you have any real info. Look forward to any real insight you might have. Cheers

• RobLeenio

Feb 11, 2020 at 11:13 AM

Anglo Saxon, I’ve been very active on the blog for two years. I don’t have an agenda, but also can’t be ar$ed with kno3ends making trouble.

If you want to take the word of the frog that Jib is Lee Marshall with absolutely no evidence of that being the case, then more fool you. Quite literally, in your case, I think.

Anyway, I’m going to talk to the grown ups now.

• Anglo Saxon

Feb 11, 2020 at 11:16 AM

RobLeenio

Who might be the kno3ends on this blog, care to enlighten everyone? Cheers.

• Anglo Saxon

Feb 11, 2020 at 11:18 AM

You seem to have taken you white-collar off.

• toon22

Feb 11, 2020 at 11:21 AM

Yeh agreed

Whats the crack ?

• RobLeenio

Feb 11, 2020 at 11:21 AM

JamesToon, Greensill are an intermediary that have expertise in holding cash from a prospective buyer of goods and providing vision to the seller. They are part owned by Vision Fund, an investment fund with massive input from the Saudis and adminstered via Softbank.

Ashley has asked for proof of funds from all potential buyers, if the stories are to be believed. It seems sensible that the Saudis could potentially use Greensill as an intermediary in that sense. They would want to use a company which they partly control to ‘keep it in the family’, and probably also because they are acknowledged experts.

Nobody has said that this is indeed the case, it’s all supposition and conjecture. As such, take it with a pinch of salt.

• toon22

Feb 11, 2020 at 11:22 AM

Rob

Everyone’s got an agenda , or you wouldnt find yourself on the same side of every opinion / argument

😉

• Anglo Saxon

Feb 11, 2020 at 11:22 AM

Robleenio
    I don’t see many kno3ends on this blog, never read anywhere where you have called anyone by that name any reason why.

• Anglo Saxon

Feb 11, 2020 at 11:29 AM

Taking to grown-ups about last years agenda makes no sense Planes, helicopters, ifs and buts.

• Big Bruce Stars.

Feb 11, 2020 at 11:33 AM

Oooof shots fired! Name and shame Rob, name and shame!

• Bills Son Is Back

Feb 11, 2020 at 11:36 AM

Rotunda, BSIB, You, like a certain other person seem to tirelessly glory in being an absolutely obnoxious a..hole on the blog. You’re not as clever as the other person though you’re delusional enough to think you are. Not sure if it was bad parenting or a lack of love in your case but you really do lack any charm and civility and just come across as an insensitive oaf.

You say… Not sure if it was bad parenting or a lack of love in your case but you really do lack any charm and civility and just come across as an insensitive oaf.

And you call me an insensitive oaf??

Oh, the irony.

I’ve never resorted to calling out poster’s families, their assumed childhood backgrounds or any other form of very personal attacks.

I’ve called a few boneheads and the like, and OP a cowardly liar (he is) but compared to your diatribe above that’s powder puff.

Just because you disagree with my views don’t let your imagination and bile run riot.

If you want to complain about obnoxious posts just go and read some of the stuff that’s posted about me, including the one you’ve just made.

You’ll find far more obnoxious ammunition there than you ever will in mine.

• Anglo Saxon

Feb 11, 2020 at 11:36 AM

Hi Jib/Lee
    Northumberland, Snow p*ssing down, about to get out the lounger bet you’re jealous.

• Big Bruce Stars.

Feb 11, 2020 at 11:37 AM

I have to say Rob your enthusiasm for delving into the semantics, permutations and possibilities of a takeover that is patently an illusion is strange. It seems to extend way beyond hope or optimism. More like pushing a car to give the illusion it is still running under its own power. Just an observation.

• Big Bruce Stars.

Feb 11, 2020 at 11:40 AM

Bills Son – I think with you it’s the sheer eyeball – exploding rage your posts convey that projects hostility to other posters. You keep a feeble grip on civility sometimes. 🙂

• JamesToon

Feb 11, 2020 at 11:41 AM

RobLeenio

Do you personally think it will happen? For me severe doubts were casted after the oxford win, since ashley was there. However the silence is deafening. But WSJ are very credible and they say talks are still on going

I’m optimistic but don’t think I can take another let down

• Big Bruce Stars.

Feb 11, 2020 at 11:43 AM

Just popped in to wave a cheery “hallo” but time for a spot of luncheon now. Got to keep the Tarquin persona inflated! 😀 Munster would be disappointed if I didn’t. Huzzah!

• RobLeenio

Feb 11, 2020 at 11:44 AM

Tsunki, I’m not pushing anything at all, I think things are going on in the background and that the buyers are credible. What we don’t yet know is if the seller is serious or not.

If not, then the sale won’t happen. If he is (finally) then the sale still might not happen, but there’s a chance it will.

There’s evidence to say that the process is ongoing and it’s interesting to speculate about what that might be, what stage it’s at. I’m not asking anyone to believe it and advising everyone takes any speculation as just that. I just find it interesting to speculate and dream, and I don’t think I’m alone.

It surely has to be more interesting than making stuff up about other posters and random members of the NUFC management team (not aimed at you).

• Big Bruce Stars.

Feb 11, 2020 at 11:45 AM

What on earth can take so long to talk about? It’s supposedly months of this. It’s interminable – and I should know, I’ve been shoe shopping with the wife. 😐

• RobLeenio

Feb 11, 2020 at 11:46 AM

JamesToon, I honestly couldn’t say if it will happen or not, too much depends on Ashley, but while there’s life there’s hope and until Ashley tells me that the Saudi PIF are tyre kickers then I’ll be hopeful.

When he tells me that then I’ll also know we’re never going to be sold. This has to represent our last best chance of removing that slug from our shoe.

• Big Bruce Stars.

Feb 11, 2020 at 11:47 AM

Rob what evidence? Don’t say WSJ or “credible sources” please. There a point at which all this goes beyond optimism and starts to descend into unnecessary torment of tired fans who’ve had disappointment poured on them repeatedly.

• Anglo Saxon

Feb 11, 2020 at 11:49 AM

RobLeeio
    One grown-up to another what makes you so sure that this stuff as you say is made up, civil question.

• JamesToon

Feb 11, 2020 at 11:52 AM

BBS

WSJ Is credible though. The silence is usually good with takeover until someone says otherwise

• Bills Son Is Back

Feb 11, 2020 at 11:59 AM

BBS

You obviously can’t read emotions from posts.

No exploding rage or bursting blood vessels on my part.

Now…

For those who read my posts…

You may well have a point.

• Bills Son Is Back

Feb 11, 2020 at 12:01 PM

BBS,

What I can read from your posts is that you love to pontificate and see yourself as the real intelligent smartar$e of the blog.

I may well be right on both points.