web analytics

Report – Newcastle Tracking £30m Fenerbahce Striker

A new name has emerged as a possible summer target of Newcastle United. That player is Vedat Muriqi, who is having an outstanding campaign for Fenerbahce in Turkey.

Sport Witness are citing a report from Turkey’s Net Haber that Newcastle are tracking the 6’4″ striker.

Newcastle are relative newcomers for the 25-year-old, who is also being tracked by Leicester City and Manchester United.

Another outlet from Turkey, Fotospor, says that Manchester United tried to bring Muriqi in last month. They claim a £22m bid was submitted but that an agreement couldn’t be reached.

It is believed Fenerbahce would be willing to let the Kosovan international leave if they received a bid of £30m.

Muriqi joined Fenerbahce this past summer from Rizespor for around £3m. So far this season he has 13 goals in his 22 appearances with his new club.

Last season, he had 17 goals in 34 appearances in Turkey’s Super Lig. Muriqi is also an international who has 8 goals and 23 caps for Kosovo.

He came through the Liria Academy in Kosovo before joining Albanian club Teuta in 2013. He made his first move to Turkey with Giresunspor as a free agent a year later before joining Genclerbirligi in 2016.

After two years with Genclerbirligi, Muriqi moved to Rizenspor, where his 17 goals caught the attention of Fenerbahce.

With both Manchester United and Leicester City tracking the striker, it could be difficult for Newcastle to tempt the player to come to Tyneside.

However, his price tag seems set at £30m, so if Newcastle think he’s worth that much maybe, they’ll make a bid in the summer and see where it goes.

He certainly has an excellent scoring record in Turkey, so he could be one to watch.

• Big Bruce Stars.

Feb 11, 2020 at 11:48 AM

I have a sneaking feeling we aren’t. Just a hunch mind you. 😉

• DubaiMicky

Feb 11, 2020 at 11:51 AM

Latest rumour, Stavely to be kicked out and Carla di Bello brought in, other than that deal stays the same.

I can’t see ashLIE giving Stavely the deal after their previous.

• DubaiMicky

Feb 11, 2020 at 11:51 AM

Oh, I forgot to add #cans

• Asi Fish

Feb 11, 2020 at 11:55 AM

Does Carla appreciate vomit in fire places then?

• Asi Fish

Feb 11, 2020 at 11:56 AM

Loving the rumours #cans

• Big Bruce Stars.

Feb 11, 2020 at 12:01 PM

Here’s the thing. An apparent road block to previous takeover attempts has been the lack of discretion by supposed interested parties. This would surely mean that as soon as WSJ printed the supposed interest by the Saudi PIF the whole idea of another takeover attempt was blasted out of the sky, exploded violently, fell burning from a great height in many pieces into the depths of the deepest ocean and settled in the darkness of the abyss to be covered by concrete – encased nuclear waste. You probably get the idea…

• Ron Knee

Feb 11, 2020 at 12:06 PM

And just like the phoenix, rising from the …

• IrishRob

Feb 11, 2020 at 12:06 PM

I’m tracking Lionel Messi myself!

• #cans

Feb 11, 2020 at 12:08 PM

Perfect, I’ll track Neymar

• Jail for Ashley

Feb 11, 2020 at 12:09 PM

Since when did a certain group of bloggers all of a sudden become experts in the field of football takeovers?

• Anglo Saxon

Feb 11, 2020 at 12:10 PM

Moses seems to have dropped his staff today.

• Big Bruce Stars.

Feb 11, 2020 at 12:12 PM

It’s practice, Jail. When it’s happened so many times you get to be an expert on speculation. I’m working on my Guesswork Cert at the moment, hoping to progress to an ITK HND by next year. It’s do-able. 🙂

• Big Bruce Stars.

Feb 11, 2020 at 12:13 PM

I’m still tracking Derek Dougan think I’d better let that one go…

• Big Bruce Stars.

Feb 11, 2020 at 12:15 PM

Apparently to get the ITK HND the plane ident section is the tough bit. There are some elusive fokk….. Sorry no – Embraer turboprops in there.

• Big Bruce Stars.

Feb 11, 2020 at 12:18 PM

Bulls son you say pontificate, I say keep up standards. Just doing my bit. At least i don’t spit-rage ha ha

• Big Bruce Stars.

Feb 11, 2020 at 12:18 PM

Bills son sorry genuine typo.

• #BoycottAshley ( OP)

Feb 11, 2020 at 12:23 PM

Bill’s.

You really do need to see a doctor, not sure if you’re delusional or it’s just dementia.

I’ve put proof on the blog you’re a liar.

You haven’t, should I take you to court as you suggest Mike should with me?

• #BoycottAshley ( OP)

Feb 11, 2020 at 12:32 PM

James/Rob

I haven’t read much on the new stuff coming out.

I’m not sure what to think about it.

Looks like stories to fit what isn’t happening, just guess work imo

• #BoycottAshley ( OP)

Feb 11, 2020 at 12:36 PM

New song for Nufc to walk on to the pitch too

• geordietom

Feb 11, 2020 at 12:36 PM

the takeover is still live , still ongoing …

• geordietom

Feb 11, 2020 at 12:38 PM

Op …

good song though mate …

and the takeover is still on going …

• #BoycottAshley ( OP)

Feb 11, 2020 at 12:43 PM

Geordie Tom

It used to be the song the used on Question of sport for the viewers competition when I was a kid.

• RobLeenio

Feb 11, 2020 at 12:45 PM

Anglo Saxon “One grown-up to another what makes you so sure that this stuff as you say is made up, civil question”

It’s not up to me to prove a negative, you and toon22 accuse Jib of being Lee Marshall (or vice versa), you need to provide evidence. Just throwing unfounded accusations out about anyone does you no credit at all.

Also, surely you can understand that there is a huge difference between the NUFC communications team and the Ashley PR?

• geordietom

Feb 11, 2020 at 12:49 PM

if you like northern soul you remember this song …

• geordietom

Feb 11, 2020 at 12:50 PM

you’ll *

• droppy in Wallsend

Feb 11, 2020 at 12:51 PM

OP

Would love that to be the walk out song.

Robleenio

I’m a lot like you in the whole taking the snippets that we know about potential takeover and trying to make the pieces fit. This mornings little injection from Frank was interesting as he was the guy who told us Bentaleb was coming at least an hour before SSN

• geordietom

Feb 11, 2020 at 12:53 PM

droppy …

he sure was right mate …

• droppy in Wallsend

Feb 11, 2020 at 12:58 PM

GeordieTom

Exactly, so his information was good last time.

I’m still highly sceptical about it all as we are dealing with a certain Tapeworm so it’s never going to be straightforward.

I’m hoping the silence since the initial report is good this time as in the summer it descended into hysteria and nonsense very quickly.

Keeping the #cans on ice for now.

• RobLeenio

Feb 11, 2020 at 12:58 PM

Tsunki, you asked me for evidence of the ongoing sale process and then ban me from mentioning the one slid indicator we’ve had? The Wall Street Journal, Financial Times and Bloomberg are among the most reputable and reliable media organisations in the World and have been for years. All have said that their information is that there is an ongoing process. Given there has been no denial from the interested parties then we can assume that the process is ongoing.

At the end of the day, we all believe what we want. You’re convinced nothing has been going on, despite evidence to the contrary. I’m convinced that something has been going on, despite the evidence being admittedly thin. Two sides of the same coin, really.

• toon22

Feb 11, 2020 at 1:00 PM

Opposing agendas you could say

😉

• droppy in Wallsend

Feb 11, 2020 at 1:05 PM

Geordietom

Interesting article but it’s also a bit lazy.

The £24m will surely have already been paid, so it’s not a blow as the headline suggests. It would certainly limit the sponsors available though if betting companies were off limits

• RobLeenio

Feb 11, 2020 at 1:08 PM

Droppy “he was the guy who told us Bentaleb was coming at least an hour before SSN”

Hmmm, I didn’t know that. Interesting.

Re being highly sceptical, I think we all are with regard the Slug’s intentions. However, those saying nowt’s been going are being deliberately obtuse, IMO, but they’re entitled to their opinions, same as Flat Earthers and Moon Landing deniers.

• Lascelles sells sea shells by the sea shore

Feb 11, 2020 at 1:10 PM

Toon22… Opposing agendas you say? Can you quantify that? I’ve read through the posts and it looked like some lads are discussing their opinions (that’s my reading of it) and you accuse people of having agendas? I’d be more inclined to see it as opinions… You are being somewhat unreasonable and facetious, but I look forward to your explanation on how fans have agendas, with realistic accusations hopefully!

• Anglo Saxon

Feb 11, 2020 at 1:14 PM

OK Rob fair and balanced. Rob, you must agree with me that the people we go after are the most odious posters on this blog, your not, put back the white-collar it suits you. Also, the Kn&bends on this blog need an apology from you they are a few. the majority I enjoy reading. Cheers.

• geordietom

Feb 11, 2020 at 1:20 PM

Droppy … RE: cans i’ve got a bottle of Vodka in not gonna open it till its all done and dusted mate …

• geordietom

Feb 11, 2020 at 1:26 PM

Lascelles…#34

good luck with getting a decent answer mate …

• Anglo Saxon

Feb 11, 2020 at 1:31 PM

Rob read again didn’t make sense. Majority of posters are not don’t think you specified.

• Anglo Saxon

Feb 11, 2020 at 1:33 PM

Toon 22 looks like JD sports takeover of another company has been blocked, I believe Ashley objected to the take-over.

• Bills Son Is Back

Feb 11, 2020 at 1:37 PM

OP,

Never saw the ‘proof’ post.

Put it up again.