web analytics

A Few Players Return As Newcastle Release Training Images

Newcastle United have released their training images from today’s session as the lads return from the winter break. We face Arsenal at the Emirates on Sunday.

The images showed that a couple of players have at least returned to training in some capacity. The images can be seen here.

Joelinton’s rib injury must not have been too severe as he was back in full training today. He was forced off in the first half of the FA Cup replay win at Oxford.

He was joined by Yoshinori Muto, who was involved in full training today. Muto suffered a hip injury in the second half of the 1-1 draw at Rochdale in the FA Cup third round.

We were delighted to see Javier Manquillo out on the grass. It doesn’t look like he was involved with his teammates, but he was likely doing some individual drills.

We’ll wait to see if Andy Carroll and Dwight Gayle will be involved later this week. They were reportedly in with a shot for Arsenal, but that’s not looking too promising at the moment.

There’s also Jonjo Shelvey and Emil Krafth, whose injuries are longer term. Though the Chronicle have reported that Bruce thinks Jonjo is touch and go for Arsenal.

It was also great to see young Tom Allan training with the first-team. The 20-year-old has 9 goals in his last 9 games for the U23s.

• Jiayou! (The next MW)

Feb 12, 2020 at 4:40 PM

so what did the police say about protesting outside charnleys house? intimidation? guess whoever shared his address could be in bother too. cant say im surprised.

• Bladey

Feb 12, 2020 at 4:40 PM

Cannot beat a good squabble
    DROPPY stop being a big girls blouse your coming across as pathetic snowflake
    ASH IN CARVER AND WISE IN BRUCE OUT

• geordietom

Feb 12, 2020 at 4:43 PM

have you *

• Anglo Saxon

Feb 12, 2020 at 4:43 PM

Droopy there’s a player there somewhere probably in his BALLS mate ready to fertilize if he can shoot straight.

• geordietom

Feb 12, 2020 at 4:44 PM

the takeover is still on going …

• hibbit

Feb 12, 2020 at 4:44 PM

droppy
    not a hope of him coming good in that position or the system Bruce is playing, noway is he a CF by any stretch of the imagination, and don’t get me started about his supposed fee,

• Asi Fish

Feb 12, 2020 at 4:45 PM

Have to say i really don’t get Bladey’s sign off:

ASH IN CARVER AND WISE IN…………….?

It’s amusing but seriously don’t get it.

• Bills Son Is Back

Feb 12, 2020 at 4:45 PM

OP,

You nearly pissed yourself when I told you to grow up?

Proves I was right then.

Time for your nappy change me thinks.

• IrishRob

Feb 12, 2020 at 4:46 PM

Droopy I’m blown away how most people csbt see his obvious talent and the reasons behind his ability in front of goal. I think hes over the hump to his performances are way more consistent and hes putting in much more effort lately.

I can ALMOST guarantee everyone on here will be singing his praises come the end of the season. I’ve been saying it for the past month now but we dont need a striker atm. Better backs, better midfielders sure.

I think we have turned a corner. But watch them make a fool out of me at the Emirates lol

• Bills Son Is Back

Feb 12, 2020 at 4:46 PM

cans,

We sometimes had about 20 of us, some from other streets, playing doors and three pots in rolled into one, last man to concede three pots the winner.

There was a young skinny ginger kid with buck teeth who used to play sometimes and because he always lost the ball quickly he’d pick it up and run off with it. The little B was so fast and ducked and dived we had a hell of a job getting it back off him.

I nicknamed him Ooftus Gumai because of the teeth but don’t know where the hell I got that name from.

Years later after I’d moved out of the area for a while I was watching England v Scotland back in the early eighties and because of a good few injuries or illness (can’t remember) to the Scotland squad they’d called up players at short notice and one of them, who played for Gosforth, had a blinder.

It wasn’t until a few days later that I realised the James Pollock I’d watched playing for Scotland was the same James Pollock who used to run away and duck and dive with the ball playing doors.

We also had Ray Hankin play the odd game of doors as well. He and my brother both played up front for Wallsend Boys Club and both went on to be pro’s. Ray was a giant and had the body of a man when he was 14 and was almost unplayable at school and youth level, especially in the air.

I could tell a few other ‘tales from the lane’ but that’s enough for now.

Wouldn’t want to tarnish my owld blood burstin vessel reputation 🙂

• Asi Fish

Feb 12, 2020 at 4:46 PM

geordietom – positive opinion or something else?

• Bills Son Is Back

Feb 12, 2020 at 4:48 PM

cans, it was England v Scotland rugby.

• RobLeenio

Feb 12, 2020 at 4:50 PM

droppy “Uglier than my ex wife (terrifyingly ugly)”

Kinda raises the question of why you married her in the first place…..

😉

• Bills Son Is Back

Feb 12, 2020 at 4:52 PM

Cans,

Wales v Scotland !!

• droppy in Wallsend

Feb 12, 2020 at 4:52 PM

Robleenio

Going to plead the ignorance of youth and lots of drinking.

Absolute stupidity too.

• droppy in Wallsend

Feb 12, 2020 at 4:54 PM

Motorbike noise?

Anyone else hear it?

Wum wum wum

• DubaiMicky

Feb 12, 2020 at 4:56 PM

Jiayou! (The next MW) – easy to find with the electoral roll being public mate (Charley’s address).

• Captain AmeriMag

Feb 12, 2020 at 4:56 PM

Geordie Tom your relentless optimism is an inspiration to us all and now you finish me off with an Avengers Endgame reference??

Captain AmeriMag salutes you Sir!!

If I’m ever in the market for a sidekick you’ll be the first to know.

I’m assuming you look good with your underpants on the outside of your trousers?

• IrishRob

Feb 12, 2020 at 4:59 PM

Hibbit I’m allowed give my opinion, everyone else voices very strong opinions of him on here but I’m not allowed or its obnoxious because mine happens to be positive. I like the guy I really really think hes gonna succeed.

Think you’re being a little bit unfair there but I’ll take it on the chin for past indiscretions.

• hibbit

Feb 12, 2020 at 5:02 PM

IrishRob you still residing in Dinnington Illinois ????

• WLtoon

Feb 12, 2020 at 5:03 PM

Geordietom,

still as optimistic as ever lol
    does it alter your thinking now we know Barry Hearn was never involved in the Takeover .?

• RobLeenio

Feb 12, 2020 at 5:04 PM

Asi Fish re Bladey, he wants Ashley, Carver and Wise IN because he thinks that we can’t be bothered to do anything to get rid of Ashley, so therefore we don’t deserve any better, sitting festering in our urine-stained underpants in old folks’ homes as we all apparently are.

Best not to get to far into the mind of wor Bladey, I think.

• geordietom

Feb 12, 2020 at 5:04 PM

ASI …

just me being positive mate …

• Bills Son Is Back

Feb 12, 2020 at 5:04 PM

geordietom,

Me and Jail used to have good banter albeit with opposite views a few years ago.

At that time I admit I was an Ashley supporter but I changed my stance totally.

My wife and me both had serious health issues within three months of each other and it kept me off the blog for about a year. During that time Jail actually asked Ed if he had any news on why I’d stopped posting.

When I came back on, with totally different views about Ashley, a few asked where I’d been and when I said it was a health issue (I had a stroke and my wife got cancer) Jail said I had used that as an excuse to hide away from getting stick for supporting Ashley.

Despicable is too good a word to describe him.

Even after that I tried to bury the hatchet but he just came back at full slag again.

I actually think Jail would be a decent bloke to have a pint with but it just shows how social media can bring out a side of people that they would probably never show in real life,

• #cans

Feb 12, 2020 at 5:05 PM

Bills – takes me back, the whole lane used to turn out for 3 pots and in, even some of the lasses – one was huge so as long as she stood in front of the yard door it was impossible to score

• geordietom

Feb 12, 2020 at 5:06 PM

Captain AmeriMag re: underpants …

sorry mate dont wear them 😀

• RobLeenio

Feb 12, 2020 at 5:06 PM

WLToon, Barry Hearn was rumoured to have made an introduction for Carla DiBello to the Crown Prince, never anything more.

Him saying he isn’t involved means nowt – nobody ever said that he was involved, but some folk took it the wrong way.

• hibbit

Feb 12, 2020 at 5:06 PM

IrishRob

😉 that was my fair and balanced appraisal of JoeLintons performances this season 😉

• droppy in Wallsend

Feb 12, 2020 at 5:09 PM

Hibbit

I get the frustration with him completely but he didn’t pick his transfer fee so that’s not his fault at all.

He has had brief flashes, he does have decent pace and can beat a man, all 3 (yes I know only 3) of his goals were well taken.

Do I think he’s going to be a genuine number 9 hero? No

Do I think he will get better? Absolutely, the system and him being asked to play a role that isn’t really his chosen one are holding him back

• geordietom

Feb 12, 2020 at 5:11 PM

WLTOON …

the article about Barry Hearn was journo’s putting 2 and 2 together because he was over there sorting the fight out .

just journo’s looking for click bait …

i’m still positive about the takeover mate …

• IrishRob

Feb 12, 2020 at 5:12 PM

I’ve never stepped foot in America in my life, and I haven’t a notion what you’re getting at but I’m sure it’s nothing positive.

• hibbit

Feb 12, 2020 at 5:14 PM

droppy i dont see Lintons fee being any were near the price being quoted by the club,
    and its becoming a massive weight on the kids back,

• geordietom

Feb 12, 2020 at 5:15 PM

Bills …#64

he never seems happy unless he’s giving people stick .

by the way wor lass is from Wallsend well howdon still wallsend though she was born in Vine Street …

• WLtoon

Feb 12, 2020 at 5:16 PM

Robleenio

Cheers for that, hav,nt read much about the real ins and outs about the takeover simply bcos im not taking it seriously so skip a lot of the info.

• droppy in Wallsend

Feb 12, 2020 at 5:17 PM

Hibbit

I agree, and if we did pay that much then I don’t want to know why as it’s not going to be anything good.

The lad is frustrating to watch but I do think there is a decent player in there.

ASM frustrates me too because he has that little bit of magic about him but it often goes wrong.

• WLtoon

Feb 12, 2020 at 5:19 PM

Geordietom

you might still be heading tup north for that celebration then lol

• Jiayou! (The next MW)

Feb 12, 2020 at 5:20 PM

we have the least shots so if we got an.attacking or even an average manager wed probably get 50% more possesion and maybe double the shots so youd expect him to get more goals. so if we had biesla or frank maybe Joelinton would score twice as many goals. mind that would only take him to two premiership goals.

• geordietom

Feb 12, 2020 at 5:22 PM

WLTOON …

sure will mate …

• Jiayou! (The next MW)

Feb 12, 2020 at 5:24 PM

i think the same hibbit. i think its something like 25 with add ons. obviously this fee is causing pressure so if the fee is lower you wonder why the club dont come out and say. hopefully we paid 5m and all the add ons were linked purely to goals. 🙂