web analytics

Journalist Names Potential Free Agent Bruce Would Love To Sign

The Chronicle’s Mark Douglas handled the Q&A duties today. He was asked if Newcastle had any deals lined up ready to go for the summer window. The question referenced how the Joelinton transfer was basically in place before last summer.

In his answer, Douglas cited Steve Bruce’s claim from earlier in the season that there were “two or three things in place.” He also raised the prospect of Newcastle looking at free agents, which Bruce has spoken about previously.

One potential free agent named specifically is Liverpool’s Adam Lallana, who had been brought up last month as a possible summer target. Douglas says that Bruce would love to bring in the midfielder for his experience and creativity.

However, Lallana turns 32 in May and will be in demand this summer with interest from Tottenham, Leicester City, Arsenal, as well as a possible return to Southampton being reported.

There was a report in the Express that Liverpool will not offer Lallana an extension. So we suspect that he could go to the club that offers him the most lucrative terms since it’ll be his last big payday.

We just don’t see Newcastle doing that under this current hierarchy. However, there will be a few free agents that could definitely fit the bill this summer.

Some of them are Nice goalkeeper Walter Benitez and defender Malang Sarr, Bournemouth winger Ryan Fraser, and Shakhter Donetsk midfielder Viktor Kovalenko.

Feb 12, 2020 at 6:40 PM

Tom you cannot take into account wearing high heels ok doesn’t count.

• geordietom

Feb 12, 2020 at 6:40 PM

anglo which one TOON22 …

😀

• #BoycottAshley ( OP)

Feb 12, 2020 at 6:42 PM

Has everyone enjoyed the winter break?

Everyone refreshed, niggling injuries gone, ready for the final push?

Feb 12, 2020 at 6:43 PM

Tom I will go back and check but positive you said 5-3 during you saveloy days.

• droppy in Wallsend

Feb 12, 2020 at 6:44 PM

Rotunda

Sorry to hear that mate.

Heartbreaking, when I lost my last dog I wasn’t sure I could have another.

3 months later I had my boy Jasper and 3 years on I run my business doing day boarding and walking with dogs.

Feb 12, 2020 at 6:45 PM

Tom, toon22 is more intelligent than me mate.

• geordietom

Feb 12, 2020 at 6:51 PM

ANGLO #46

dont think so mate …

at least you have a sense of humour …

😀

• Munster Mag

Feb 12, 2020 at 6:54 PM

Tom, Jail doesn’t have an ounce of good grace in his body. His comment pouring misery on the agent about Lazaro showed him up well. He is more interested in negative news than positive news on nufc. Its just his way.

• Munster Mag

Feb 12, 2020 at 6:56 PM

Oh and Jail, yes just as well rafa wasn’t able to get jorgensen. It made little sense at the time. Still, we survived without him. Must have been another “miracle” eh?

Feb 12, 2020 at 6:57 PM

Munster did you heart the odious club.

• Munster Mag

Feb 12, 2020 at 6:59 PM

Rotunda that’s awful for you. We were at a friend of my kids the other day and they were breeding labradors recently. Beautiful puppies and pure breeds are not as huge as I thought but we just don’t have the space a dog like that deserves. It nearly killed me to leave them.

• Munster Mag

Feb 12, 2020 at 7:00 PM

Hope you get an other one in time Rotunda. Keep us posted.

• welshgeordie9

Feb 12, 2020 at 7:00 PM

In Bruce we trust.

• Munster Mag

Feb 12, 2020 at 7:01 PM

I don’t think I read it Anglo. It is the same as the clubs I founded yesterday? I can’t even remember them. Long day!

• Munster Mag

Feb 12, 2020 at 7:02 PM

Repost it Anglo?

Feb 12, 2020 at 7:06 PM

here Munster

Bills Son Is Back
    Feb 11, 2020 at 4:09 PM
    *** JOIN THE ODIOUS POSTERS CLUB ***
    Are YOU an odious poster?
    The screaming majority on here believe all of the three statements below – and class all disbelievers as ‘ODIOUS’..
    Take the 30 second test and heart if you want to join the club.
    You are an odious poster if…
    You DON’t believe that every takeover is a PR exercise by Ashley and his team to fool supporters into buying season tickets, an excuse for not spending in transfer windows and a deliberate wind up to pi$$ off NUFC fans.
    You DON’T believe that Ashley employs shills and PR merchants to post pro-MA stuff on here.
    You DON’T applaud and agree with everyone who says the club is ruined, dead on its feet and that supporters who go to matches are meek mild Ashley apologists with their heads up their ar$e..

• Lindisfarne

Feb 12, 2020 at 7:07 PM

Regarding the police visit to Genjikei.

Did they threaten to charge him with anything in particular, or were they eliminating from an official enquiry.

Surely they would not call on someone and advise them not to be a naughty boy, that is a waste of time and hints at subversion.

Feb 12, 2020 at 7:07 PM

Think I got 4 in mind 2 to go.

• jane

Feb 12, 2020 at 7:08 PM

when we play Palace on Saturday week they will be fresh as they won’t have played for 2 weeks as they are having their winter break this weekend. Palace have lost their last 3 matches including 2 at home without scoring. Palace have scored 1 fewer goals than us and could like us be drawn into a relegation scrap. this will be the battle of the teams that have fluked a few wins!

• WLtoon

Feb 12, 2020 at 7:11 PM

Looking forward to the Arsenal game on Sunday .
    Cant drink to either drown my sorrows or to celebrate as im nightshift but will watch the game on a decent stream ive got going. Who needs Sky eh.

• FloridaToon(SDFC)

Feb 12, 2020 at 7:13 PM

Just got on, have we been sold yet?

• toon22

Feb 12, 2020 at 7:18 PM

You think the FA would like to hear about the club’s actions towards the fans ?

• Rotonda heights

Feb 12, 2020 at 7:18 PM

Many thanks to all for kind canine comments.

Feb 12, 2020 at 7:24 PM

Rotonda
    Having a dog dying is like losing a family member mate couldn’t go through that again cried for 3 weeks loved him like my own kids, 12 years as a pup been dead 10 years and still talk about him regularly.

• droppy in Wallsend

Feb 12, 2020 at 7:26 PM

Anglo

I understand that feeling mate, my old dog Charlie died nearly 3 years ago and I still expect him to come running to the door when I visit my folks.

Feb 12, 2020 at 7:35 PM

Droppy cross between a labrador and a red setter black. On the moor, one day some kids stampeded the cattle 100 head of them came towards me I had nowhere to run, just stood there expecting the worst he got in front of me and like Moses and the red sea parted them this was September lots of muscle they were ready for slaughter saved my life.

• droppy in Wallsend

Feb 12, 2020 at 7:38 PM

Anglo

We don’t deserve them mate.

Amazing animals. Sounds like a beauty, my current little one is a Jack, Pomeranian and Shih Tzu cross, he’s brilliant.

• Jib

Feb 12, 2020 at 7:40 PM

Ha ha ha
    Carl’s
    I’m with stupid
    About Jail
    got nearly 40 hearts

Feb 12, 2020 at 7:45 PM

Droppy if I won a decent amount on the lottery would by as many as I could afford labs for the blind, those owners adore these dogs all that affection, it’s a life’s ambition for me.

• welshgeordie9

Feb 12, 2020 at 7:50 PM

In Bruce we trust

• Bills Son Is Back

Feb 12, 2020 at 8:03 PM

Well. I suppose suppose people who like dogs can’t be all bad.

I’ve got two myself 🙂

• droppy in Wallsend

Feb 12, 2020 at 8:15 PM

Bills

There’s always some common ground.

A mate of mine met Steve Bruce whilst out dog walking and said he’s a really nice bloke.

He went up in my estimations just for having dogs

Feb 12, 2020 at 8:19 PM

Bills, like I said previously, couldn’t go through another death got two cats he and a she the young male very alfa last life think he was a Russian hitman he’s had more blood outa me than the RVI have had in two operations

• droppy in Wallsend

Feb 12, 2020 at 8:21 PM

Anglo

Also get that one we have two cats too.

One is like a bulldozer in everything she does but dead sweet natured.

Her sister is an arrogant psychopath

• toon22

Feb 12, 2020 at 8:27 PM

Lee

You’ll love the club calling the olive on the fans
    Nice bit of intimidation

Right up you mates Jabbas street

Feb 12, 2020 at 8:27 PM

Droppy not like dogs your their owner, cats the other way round.

• toon22

Feb 12, 2020 at 8:27 PM

Olive — police

Auto C

Feb 12, 2020 at 8:30 PM

Hi toon is it a late-night tonight mate.

Feb 12, 2020 at 8:32 PM

See lee/jib come late to the bull ring think he’ll put a late one in trying to mend fences.

• dougie

Feb 12, 2020 at 8:34 PM

It’s been blatantly obvious for a long time now on the blog that certain posters have a pro parasite agenda.Those who try to defend the indefensible stand out like a sore thumb and it’s obvious they are Pr and bad Pr at that.The lengths the scumbags at Sports Direct FC will go to try and deflect the disgusting running of our beloved club is incredible.Bills son is back seems to be holding the the pro parasite baton at the minute.No doubt he will be comparing me to a nazi like he has done in the past for daring to criticise his leaders running of the club.