web analytics

Journalist Reveals Position Versatile Signing Is Likely To Play

Valentino Lazaro has played several positions throughout his career. He can play on either wing, as a right-back, and even as a number 10.

While at Inter Milan before joining Newcastle on loan last month, Lazaro was primarily used on the wing. Of his 12 appearances, 11 were in the more attacking role.

However, last season at Hertha Berlin, Valentino spent the majority of his time at right wing-back. It is there that the Athletic’s Chris Waugh sees Steve Bruce deploying the 23-year-old.

With Newcastle having issues in the final third, Bruce could rely on the added quality out wide in Lazaro and Danny Rose to create better chances for the strikers.

Waugh, in his article, cites Newcastle woeful offensive statistics. We all know about the lack of goals with Newcastle scoring just 24 this season, which is joint second-worst and behind only Crystal Palace with 23.

Newcastle also only manage 9.9 shots per game, with just 3.3 of them on target. Only Crystal Palace have fewer attempts on goal.

Newcastle weren’t able to bring in a goalscorer last month. Bruce will have to hope that Joelinton, Andy Carroll, and Dwight Gayle can start finding the back of the net more often.

With Lazaro’s quality on the right, the hope is that he can create more opportunities for them to do just that.

• DubaiMicky

Feb 12, 2020 at 11:42 AM

Genjikai #38. And well done to you and the rest of the group for making the fat twat do something about it too.

• lesh

Feb 12, 2020 at 11:45 AM

Bill’s son

It’s time you took a break. You’re being forced into a corner every time you post. In backing Ashley, you’re defending the indefensible. Learn from Jiblets – he bullchits but he knows when to change a record.

• Jail for Ashley

Feb 12, 2020 at 11:47 AM

Dubious Micky,
    It would have been taken for gospel before your contemptuous attempt to hood wink hundreds of thousands of people for your own personal gratification. Now, I personally take anything you say with a large dose of salt. No, in fact I don’t even bother taking it in.

• RobLeenio

Feb 12, 2020 at 11:51 AM

Genjikai, the police were waiting for you? On what grounds?

Did they question you or was it more a case of a polite warning? Again, on what grounds?

They’d have to tread carefully – as far as I’m aware all you’ve done is hold up some non-offensive banners in specific places and had your photo taken. Not a criminal offence in any democratic society and if they took you to a Police Station at any point, you’d surely have a case for wrongful arrest or simlar.

Still, a bit scary for you. You’re obviously scaring them, too….

• #cans

Feb 12, 2020 at 11:54 AM

Genji – good on you mate for all the effort you put in, the fan protests are having an effect even if its just him having to give away 10,000 tickets for nowt , doesn’t look good – if this supposed sale doesn’t go through I imagine he’ll have to give a way even more next season.

Bills – yawn, nothing I’d like more than a couple of trips to Wembley but you keep going on about facts and the fact is that we struggled to beat two league 1 teams, on a very good day for us and a very bad day for them and maybe just a lot of luck we can beat Liverpool or Man City but 9 times out of 10 we won’t – I’m a realist with a glimmer of hope. You as the self proclaimed only ‘true fan’ on this blog should surely put your money where your mouth is ( albeit it’s a very big mouth ).

• Pit yacker

Feb 12, 2020 at 11:56 AM

BZG showed an interest to buy the club and in broad terms was in line with what FAsh wanted, once the head of terms was drawn up the real negotiations began – this involved accountants and lawyers from both sides – for whatever reason the deal could not be agreed (the reason probably only known to those sat round the virtual table at the time) it was a real interest but obviously didn’t translate into a deal. I don’t think BZG we’re playing but not sure they ever had the means to complete.
    As for current takeover / fake over I would guess that they are at the stage before header is signed and possibly data room so not expecting anything to happen to quickly.
    I do believe that a deal will happen at some point this season and we can finally be free of FAsh but won’t break out the bottles of dog yet

• lesh

Feb 12, 2020 at 11:57 AM

Genjikai

You and Pattymag have really gone for it. Having the police rock up’s unnerving but you weren’t surprised.

You’re both superstars and the visible support of thousands of fans would help the cause greatly.

• DubaiMicky

Feb 12, 2020 at 11:57 AM

My own personal gratification Jail? Hardly, just say what I hear. You’ll note I’ve not said anything about the latest rumours as

a) I have no people I know who are directly involved in what is or is not happening

and

b) Even if I did I’d keep my gob shut as it’s just not worth the hassle.

ps You do know we follow each other on twatter don’t you?

• Bills Son Is Back

Feb 12, 2020 at 12:15 PM

lesh,

When I want any advice from you I’ll ask for it.

Until then, I’ll just ignore you and post what I want.

Funny how I’m a broken record for sticking to my views but the screamers, moaners and neggers who trot out the same ‘we are doomed, ruined ah tell ya’ stuff aren’t?

You need to look in the mirror.

• Bills Son Is Back

Feb 12, 2020 at 12:17 PM

cans,

Grow up man.

• Asi Fish

Feb 12, 2020 at 12:18 PM

Only 27 degrees here today – bit of a dull wet week so far.
    Only one week left until we leave and as we are flying via Florida I think I will take the opportunity to buy the family some coats from the Florida Mall before we land in UK and freeze

🙂

Some interesting reads on here.
    Fair play to Genjikai – I will be interested in joining mate but should probably wait until I’m out of the Army (protect the pension).

• DubaiMicky

Feb 12, 2020 at 12:18 PM

Interesting piece in The Independent (which isn’t but I digress), if you can make it through the absolute flood of adverts – worse even than the stream channels…

How modern football became broken beyond repair

“We don’t want too many Leicester Citys.”

These were the words spoken by a senior figure from the Premier League’s ‘big six’ clubs, in the kind of high-end London hotel you can easily imagine.

“Football history suggests fans like big teams winning,” the official continued, to the group of business people and media figures present. “A certain amount of unpredictability is good, but a more democratic league would be bad for business.”

Exactly whose business would it be bad for? And why is football even viewed that way? The answers are among the biggest problems for the game right now.

• Jail for Ashley

Feb 12, 2020 at 12:19 PM

DubiousMicky,
    Yes, you and your dentist and DJ pals own personal gratification, not sure how it all works but one of benefitted financially from the hundreds of thousands of followers you gained from stringing every cnut along. I find your actions unforgivable. You used your knowledge of BZG and a snippet of info from Midhat what’s his face and milked it. Literally hundreds of thousands of people desperate for good news hanging on your words as the three or four of you came up with your shite everyday. I’ll never forget that poxy HoT document. “I’ll just leave you with this snippet before I say goidnight” like you’d had the thing for a while.

• RobLeenio

Feb 12, 2020 at 12:21 PM

Given the chat re NDAs and what can and can’t be said, there’s an interesting tweet here by a poster who has found a no-nonsense denial of any interest in the Saudi PIF buying Manchester United. Granted it’s from November 2018, but it implies that if there was no interest whatsoever in NUFC, a denial would have been issued.

Of course, this doesn’t mean that we will be sold, as we all know this is a two-way street and fatty can quite easily choose to block the entire thing.

• RobLeenio

Feb 12, 2020 at 12:22 PM

Also, where’s Riley? I’m missing his twitter updates, not on having to search for my own.

😉

• beefman13

Feb 12, 2020 at 12:29 PM

Any news on the Vapeover, it’s all gone so quiet.
    Loanee Loanee Loanee Loanee LOANEE!!!to the song, he wants vaping and the other ####.

• DubaiMicky

Feb 12, 2020 at 12:33 PM

Jail, no-one gained financially, yep, that was a copy of the actual HoT, not the one that was signed, but a printed copy, and yes, I’d known about it for a couple of weeks prior.

Happy now?

• #BoycottAshley ( OP)

Feb 12, 2020 at 12:38 PM

I’m Lee Marshall

• Munster Mag

Feb 12, 2020 at 12:41 PM

Dubai, ignore Jail. He’s an obsessive who craves attention and you may have got more attention than him. Thats why he doesnt like “thousands of people hanging on your every word” . I hardly consider him a fan now – when the agent came out the other day and said they were impressed with Nickson , SB and co , he immediately poured his peculiar brand of misery all over it, because it was saying something positive about NUFC – this is the opposite of Jails obsession, and what he wants to read about NUFC.

We all want a better owner, asap, better facilities, a better image for nufc, more points etc

We all want better football

We all want ambition.

But many of us dont sh11t on the club when something good is said.

Jail is a tool and showed himself up with his NUFC scorn.

• Munster Mag

Feb 12, 2020 at 12:42 PM

cyprus

Feb 12, 2020 at 9:22 AM

Munster

“just need something more to hold on to than Amanda”.

That could get you in trouble ?

Maybe I could hold on to Carla too? Way hey !

( With apologies to whomever )