web analytics

New Signing Thrilled With Everything About Newcastle – Well, Almost Everything

Earlier this week, Valentino Lazaro’s agent gave an interview and talked about his client’s delight with joining Newcastle last month.

He delved into how Valentino felt so welcomed and had some very positive things to say about how the club went about convincing Lazaro to join.

Valentino, himself, was interviewed yesterday about his decision to pick Newcastle over some of the other clubs that were pursuing him.

Keith Downie tweeted a teaser of the interview that appeared on Sky Sports.

This is some of what the 23-year-old had to say:

“I don’t regret my decision, and I’m very happy to be here.

“The team’s great, and the training is great. The atmosphere in the stadium is great. So everything has been really good so far, apart from the weather.”

So other than the weather, it seems like Lazaro is thrilled with everything about Newcastle so far. He’ll get used to it eventually, we hope.

Lazaro also seems to be quite impressed with St James Park and the fans. That’s after a couple of dire home performances.

The 23-year-old really hasn’t witnessed the atmosphere at its best just yet. He watched the 0-0 draw against Oxford and made his debut in the Norwich match, which also ended goalless.

Those matches were not two that really gave the fans much to cheer about. Hopefully, that will change in our next home fixture. Though Valentino will have to wait a few more weeks to play again in front of the Newcastle faithful.

First at hand is Arsenal on Sunday at the Emirates, where we hope that Lazaro can make his first start in a Newcastle shirt. Then we travel back to London to face Crystal Palace the following weekend.

To close out the month is the critical match against Burnley, where Lazaro can get another chance to play at St James Park. Hopefully, he can witness the atmosphere in full effect with a rousing performance and all three points.

• RobLeenio

Feb 13, 2020 at 11:00 AM

Have to admit, I agree with Lazaro re the Newcastle weather over the last couple of weeks, it’s been dogsh!t….

🙁

• toon22

Feb 13, 2020 at 11:02 AM

If you don’t receive a satisfactory outcome from the club or relevant league/authority, there is one further step. The Independent Football Ombudsman was established by the football authorities and adjudicates on unresolved complaints: Call 0800 588 4066 or email contact@theifo.co.uk. Remember, we are here to support and advise you throughout this process including the drafting of correspondence.

😉

• RobLeenio

Feb 13, 2020 at 11:05 AM

O Captain, My Captain!

“All of this reads like an imminent takeover to me”

I remember saying exactly that this time last year. I’m not saying you’re wrong, just that we’ve all been wrong before.

Ashley is the unknown, he could wake up one morning and call the whole thing off because he’s run out of Alpen and had to have Cornflakes instead.

That said, I appreciate your positivity, keep it coming.

• Jib

Feb 13, 2020 at 11:05 AM

Visited the Grand Mosque/Cathedral in Cordoba yesterday
    Almost as impressive as the Alhambra
    The Wife has to put Andalusia on her bucket list

• toon22

Feb 13, 2020 at 11:14 AM

Maybe people should contact

supporters@premierleague.com

Lee im sure you just cant wait to make an official complaint

• Bills Son Is Back

Feb 13, 2020 at 11:14 AM

Who would choose Bruce and the wreck that is NUFC over RB Leipzi, 2nd in the table and manager Julian Nagelsmann.

Lazoro, who said…

“It was close, but in the end, I just felt more welcomed here. Steve Bruce really convinced me that I could have a really good time here in Newcastle. The team’s great, and the training is great.”

Of course though…

The screamers will say “he would say that wouldn’t he”.

If Rafa was manager it would be sign of his magical ability to persuade players to sign for us.

Go figure.

• geordietom

Feb 13, 2020 at 11:16 AM

lesh …

i only asked a question , my granma was born in county durham . my wifes dads family originate from Pitty-Me . i have friends in Washington lots of Newcastle fans there as well as sunderland fans …

• Bills Son Is Back

Feb 13, 2020 at 11:17 AM

toon22,

You’ll do anything to make a mountain out of a molehill.

When is Jabba getting arrested for tax fraud?

When are Jabba’s companies being raided?

When is Jabba up in court?

It it this Friday or next Friday.

We should be told.

• Bills Son Is Back

Feb 13, 2020 at 11:18 AM

geordietom,

Another coincidence between us…

My dad was born in Sacriston.

The screamers will be saying we are alts.

• RobLeenio

Feb 13, 2020 at 11:23 AM

Are Bills Son Is Back and geordietom alts?

😉

Pretty sure toon22 mentioned Sacriston as his neck of the woods yesterday, too.

The plot thickens!!!!

😀

• toon22

Feb 13, 2020 at 11:25 AM

Bills

The club has a legal duty to hold fans forums
    They havent bothered for years
    The only recourse is to protest
    The clubs response ?

Try and intimidate people

Your fine with that ??

• toon22

Feb 13, 2020 at 11:26 AM

If the clubs acted in a responsible manner im sure they will be happy at having the chance to clear up the matter with the relevant bodies

Im sure they will be over the moon

• JohnJ

Feb 13, 2020 at 12:03 PM

My Mother was born in Cullercoats (one of the old fisherman’s cottages – demolished many years ago) My Dad was a navigating officer in the MN and born in Whitley Bay.

I was born in Keighley West Yorkshire. My Mother moved there to have help with her pregnancy whilst my Dad was away at sea but we moved back to Whitley Bay when I was about 12 and I lost all traces of Yorkshire accent in 12 months. When I lived down there I used to go to any ground where Newcastle were playing I used to go to Elland Rd & Valley Parade (Leeds & Bradford City) when they were down south. The one player who stood above all others was the late John Charles – he was magnificent CH or CF wish we had some one like him now!!!

So I was born in Yorkshire but I’m a Geordie 100% and will be till the day I die.

• JohnJ

Feb 13, 2020 at 12:08 PM

I also recall reading, with horror, about the Man United plane crash in February 1958 shortly after my move back to W/Bay Some fantastic footballers lost in that event 🙁