web analytics

Newcastle Could Sign These Three Out Of Contract Prospects This Summer

Recently Newcastle have been linked with a few youngsters who will be out of contract with their clubs this summer. With the club trying to increase the quality at the academy, we will likely see Newcastle bring in some young talent this summer.

The club seem to be on the lookout for bargains at the youth level. So that could mean that some of the recently linked players could be targets after this season.

Last summer, Newcastle added three free agents to the U23s in midfielder Kyle Scott, goalkeeper Jake Turner, and defender Ludwig Francillette.

A couple more were added to the U18s in January in Reagan Thomson from Queen’s Park and Stan Flaherty from Arsenal. Thomson was brought in for around £50k while Flaherty was signed on a scholarship deal.

Another Arsenal player Newcastle were said to be tracking is 18-year-old Alfie Matthews. There was a report last month that the youngster, whose two-year scholarship at Arsenal expires this summer, was offered a deal by Newcastle.

Alfie Matthews– are Newcastle looking at young striker

We haven’t heard anything else about Matthews but he could still be on the radar. The young striker has scored 5 goals for the Arsenal U18s this season including 3 in his last 4 games.

On Thursday, Newcastle were linked with another young forward in Scunthorpe’s John McAtee. The 20-year-old impressed when Newcastle’s U23s played Scunthorpe’s U23s in November.

John McAtee– scouted by Newcastle last Saturday

McAtee has since broken into the first-team for the League Two club where he’s made 10 appearances in 2020 with 2 goals and an assist.

He signed for the Irons last year on a one year deal so he will be available for nothing this summer.

The brightest prospect of the bunch is Turkish 19-year-old Efe Binici. The Goztepe midfielder has been compared to AC Milan’s Hakan Calhanoglu.

Efe Binici– Newcastle to scout starlet on Saturday

Newcastle will reportedly be scouting Binici on Saturday in an U19 match against Konyaspor. He’s been prolific for Goztepe at the youth level scoring 51 goals while adding 84 assists.

He’s yet to sign a professional deal and would be available for just a developmental fee.

These three prospects are all being tracked by Newcastle and could join in the summer for very little outlay. We think they would represent excellent value and increase the quality at the academy.

What Will Be The Result At Arsenal On Sunday?

• Loss (44%, 1,119 )
  • Draw (29%, 735 )
  • Win (27%, 694 )

Total Voters: 2,548

Loading ... Loading ...

• Genjikai

Feb 14, 2020 at 9:14 AM

Betty
    Funny enough thats how it went about,
    If you can just tell me where you live hahahaha.

Your cover has been blown, i was abit perplexed as well when the copper asked me what genjikai means is it karate. Jib all over it that was his question.
    I got freaked out thinking are you jib (not you betty the copper)

• #BoycottAshley ( OP)

Feb 14, 2020 at 9:16 AM

Its beautiful, brings a tear to my eye.

Everyone arguing with the ones they love on valentines day.

• hibbit

Feb 14, 2020 at 9:16 AM

droppy

divide and conquer disrupt and destroy, has been a pattern followed by one or two on here for a few years now,

• DaveD1000

Feb 14, 2020 at 9:17 AM

Betty
    you forgot PIN

• droppy in Wallsend

Feb 14, 2020 at 9:17 AM

OP

Nah she’s gone to work, I’ll argue with her later.

Just me and the dogs it’s bliss.

• #BoycottAshley ( OP)

Feb 14, 2020 at 9:19 AM

Droppy

Seems like you’ve got a good balance going on there.

• droppy in Wallsend

Feb 14, 2020 at 9:23 AM

Hibbit

Well aware of it mate, the daft thing is when you get into the various arguments the fact remains that the majority want what’s best for the club.

Disagreement is always going to happen, it’s football, it’s a passionate game, we won’t all agree on team selection, tactics, managers but surely anyone who cares about the club can see that it’s being damaged by one man’s greed and contempt.

It’s just sad that he seems to be able to keep that disharmony going.

• droppy in Wallsend

Feb 14, 2020 at 9:25 AM

OP

Honestly the best decision I made in my life.

Set up my own business 2 years ago looking after dogs and my mental health has never been better, got a good thing going. Love my job, love my wife, and love my life.

Now if I can just have my first love NUFC back I could relax.

• Jail for Ashley

Feb 14, 2020 at 9:31 AM

I don’t think for a moment that Bruce was brought in to deflect from Ashley’s odious running of the club, he was brought in because he was one of the few just barely qualified who would take the job. But it has been an accidental masterstroke creating this Rafa vs Bruce argument which has made surviving an achievement because that’s all Rafa done. If only the 10K who have up their tickets could be joined by another 30K he’d simply have to sell up.

• RobLeenio

Feb 14, 2020 at 9:36 AM

Anyone going down to the Arsenal match needs to watch out – apparently the Cockneys have figured out that they’re allowed to have fun.

• geordietom

Feb 14, 2020 at 9:40 AM

just a small bit of what TOON22 put on at comment 21:47 am …

quote: I’m happy to drag this through any court they want .

I can see it now toon22 is in the Dock at the Old Bailey , the Judge the barrister’s in all their finery wig’s with their wigs on ect . Well Mr Frog what do you plead . The Frog reply’s not GUILTY because your one of JIB’S ALT’S . well Mr Frog how did you come to that conclusion. the frog answer’s WHO DO YOU THINK THEY ARE GONNA SELL US TO THE NEXT TIME . please Mr Frog can you Take your TIN HAT off in court . one more thing Mr Frog what is your real name . frog says my real name is LEE MARSHALL …

• droppy in Wallsend

Feb 14, 2020 at 9:40 AM

Jail

I think there is some truth in that, but similar to the Andy Carroll signing he’s been brought in as MA thinks we’re just dumb geordies who can be kept quiet by having one or two of our own.

Sadly 30-40,000 won’t give up, that’s their choice and whilst I don’t understand it, I respect it.

But MA was forced to fill the ground by doing something never really seen before, if the fans can actually unite he could be made to go, he clearly doesn’t care so why would he want the hassle?

• #BoycottAshley ( OP)

Feb 14, 2020 at 9:41 AM

Droppy

Living the dream

• geordietom

Feb 14, 2020 at 9:42 AM

comment #21 …

• droppy in Wallsend

Feb 14, 2020 at 9:42 AM

Geordietom

Harsh!

Funny though.

• Anglo Saxon

Feb 14, 2020 at 9:47 AM

Tom answer to 91 where’s Alan Turing when you need him.

• geordietom

Feb 14, 2020 at 9:52 AM

Then the judge . said to the frog , I sentence you to two season’s of watching Sunderland play …

• geordietom

Feb 14, 2020 at 9:53 AM

Anglo …

he’s deed …

• pheasant plucker

Feb 14, 2020 at 10:33 AM

A full stadium every home game and worldwide exposure for sports direct is why he still owns the club the fans have a lot more power than they think.
    A half empty stadium is bad publicity for Ashley its time the fans thought long and about what
    They do next